View Poll Results: Do you like the commemoritive figures?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

157 84.41%
  • No

29 15.59%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the commemoritive Figures?

Do you like the commemoritive Figures?

Hey!

As question says do you like the commem figures?

As for me Yes I do but its a shame theres a few let downs like trappy having no hook(or whatever piece it is) and mattel not keeping the molds!

Anyways lets hear what you have too say!
    Vintage Motu Wants

Ninjor's Bow and Sword
    Scare Glow Staff and halbred
    King randor Staff and crown
    Sorceress Staff
    Two-Badd Shield x 2
    Stinkor Shield

Pm me if you can help

Yeah I enjoyed the commemorative figures mainly because I got to pay a decent price for figures I know are going to be in great condition as opposed to being chewed like half the stuff you see on ebay. I wish they would have released more of them. I would rather have a straight rerelease of those than 200X figures. For one there would have been about 18 less he man varients.
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD OVER YOU

I don't like what they did to Battle Cat and Panthor. Looking at the regular, original ones, I see perfectly-represented felines. Now, look at them: with those exagerated claws, their thick bodies and small eyes, they look like bear freaks. I have nothing against bears: I like them for what they are. But Battle Cat and Panthor are not supposed to be finger-walking bears, they are supposed to be cats. So, let them be cats, please.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    They were okay, and a welcome release, but where they didn't keep the original molds (what were they thinking?! MOTU was so massive I can't believe that they didn't!) and had to recast them from second hand figures, some of the figures looked a bit off, just somehow not quite right.

Not to mentiont that (as Ultimate Evil said) Trap Jaw didn't come with his hook, as well as Faker having no chest sticker and whatnot, apparently because their second-hand examples came without and they didn't realise that they were missing parts!

So I'm pretty split down the middle on this; as I say, yes they were a welcome release, but as a straight "yes or no" question, I'd probably have to go with "no" for the reasons mentioned above.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Battle Cat and Panthor looked bear like!! Battle Cat in particular was terrible, and his horrible, clunky armor and... okay, probably something for another thread!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like them,I have a few boxed and loose, they're are a lot smoother and in some cases look better than the originals. But overall the originals win over the commemoratives. But still a very good release.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I like them,I have a few boxed and loose, they're are a lot smoother and in some cases look better than the originals.
    It's that kind of debate like can a cover version of a song be better than the original. Sometimes no matter what comes after it will never quite match the original, inperfections and all.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'm definitely a purist at heart. I'm not into the whole re-issue idea. When I see a classic figure or a classic accessory/weapon, I want to know that it is from the original 1980 line. I don't like having to figure out what's re-issue and what's original. I think the third wave (2000) figures are great. Mattel didn't have to go the extra step to come out with re-issues as well.

I loved the series, I wish they would have done more. I would have really loved to have seen the Powers of Grayskull figures.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

All I can say is that my JC Penny Ten Pack is one of my most prized possession!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGIMMORTAL View Post
    Yeah I enjoyed the commemorative figures mainly because I got to pay a decent price for figures I know are going to be in great condition as opposed to being chewed like half the stuff you see on ebay. I wish they would have released more of them. I would rather have a straight rerelease of those than 200X figures. For one there would have been about 18 less he man varients.
    Same thing here, ado I have a great loose collection of MOTU figure (vintage I mean), I always got tempted to get some old MOC ones, but the high prices and so many variant kept stopping me from buying some.
    When the commemorative came out I was able to get the whole regular series (except the multi-pack) plus the Cat / Warrior set for under 300$, so I was pretty pleased. For that price I would have gotten maybe just one of the Cat / Warrior box I guess? The Battle Cat / He-Man two-pack was the first MOTU toys I ever had back to the first Christmas it came out, so I was very happy to be able to get one back in his gloriously rendered box.
    I really liked the idea of having a mock of the original card boxed in a larger package.

And for my part, ado I wouldn't have complained if it had run longuer, I like that the series is somehow limited to the first vintage figure, I think it offer a good cast and since the series is not too long it's possible to have the entire commemorative run at a decent price (although this tend to change).

In short, I really like this series, allowed me to have a complete MOTU series and have cool, vintage looking MOC figure!
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    I love mine, and am glad that they released them. I however wish that they would have released more of them.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    I loved them. I can't even begin to describe the feeling I got upon seeing them in toy aisles

--Leanne

I loved them to death. I, like Leanne, cannot tell you the instant surge of joy I felt when I first found them in the store.

If Mattel has more coming, I'll buy 2 of every one of em... again!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I remember the day when I was checking the toy aisles at Walmart, and stumbled across the He-Man Battlecat set and being completely shocked and excited to see my old friends again!
    I have a few of them, and like them a lot, sure there are some subtle differences, but the overall nostalgia feeling comes back even with those.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    I loved them & got them all (Plus 2 of some) I wish they would make more but Mattel seems to do the oposite of what I want

As child I never get a Faker. Thanks to the Comm. I have it now
    Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to Skeletor. Honoured TASC Member Darth Neckbreaker, Evil Lord of Smilies
    http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...ID=2273;View=2

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    If Mattel had continued to release them, I would have continued to buy them.

Vegor-Friend of Animals jakobinsane's Avatar
    I like em because they were a cheaper way to get new versions of the toys. mint he-man figures are pretty expensive and since my mom gave away my old he-man figures this was a way to get figures and open them and all the fun that goes with that.
    Erie Americana Punk Rock
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050215140632
    Saving lives everyday!!
    http://www.veganoutreach.org and http://www.peta.com

H.E.A.L. Human Earth and Animal Liberation

I liked them, I mean...I only have one...but they looked great and they were a much better way of getting the figures than Ebay. I just wish they had gone and released some of the rarer figures like Sorceress or Scare Glow.

Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca View Post
    I loved them. I can't even begin to describe the feeling I got upon seeing them in toy aisles

--Leanne
    I know what you mean. Impressions of a same object are infinite. It's only that, to me, to make a good "commemorative", you have to respect the original PURPOSE of the artwork. I can't represent Swift Wind as a zebra without disrespecting his true identity, can I?

I really should be workin wingprincess's Avatar
    I absolutely felt like a kid again when we received a pallet of freight at walmart and written across the side of the box was masters of the universe. I opened it up and found all the original figures in those beautiful boxes!!

Yes, I was guilty of immediately taking a break and purchasing two of each. One for me and one for my brother!!!
    "Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the seas! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel

Heroic Warrior
    I have a question. Is it easy to tell if a loose figure is commerative? Did anyone actually open any of the packages?

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    To tell the truth, I wish Mattel had kept making these commemeratives, I would have loved to get all of the classics I never did get. Instead they decided to cut the figures off prematurely. The single packed figures never did make it to my area. The only one I was fortunate to find was the $75 five pack at toys 'r us (now defunct) . I think the prob for the commems was that Mattel was just charging too damn much for the figures. I heard the single figures were $10 or higher each figure.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Yes, I like the commermoritive figs - and if I had seen them in I shop I would have bought them.
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account