View Poll Results: Do you like the commemoritive figures?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

157 84.41%
  • No

29 15.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the commemoritive Figures?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    All I can say is that my JC Penny Ten Pack is one of my most prized possession!
    DAMN YOU PIG BOY!!! **shakes fist** I STILL don't have one of those I'm DYING to get one. I pretty much love the commems but The originals look a little better (particularly he-man's face) I never saw the cat pack they really look that bad?? weird! I love the packaging though.

Pretty Handsome Awkward motubot's Avatar
    I love them, way cheaper than buying the original figures MOC .

Widget
    i like them, great figures for a good price ... what u want more?

i hope they come up with a new line soon ...

Bang your head!!!
    I have a love them.
    I hate that people take them out of the package and sell them off as original carded figures...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I have a love them.
    I hate that people take them out of the package and sell them off as original carded figures...
    yes that sucks

I have the whole collection but I wish they continued to release the rest of the characters

I like them, and I even opened them although they look better in their boxes. I'm disappointed with He-Man's head (I can't help, he looks kinda retarded to me), the bad minicomic scans and the missing accessoires, but aside of that, the Comms are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I like them, and I even opened them although they look better in their boxes. I'm disappointed with He-Man's head (I can't help, he looks kinda retarded to me), the bad minicomic scans and the missing accessoires, but aside of that, the Comms are really nice.

Are the comics just scans then?
    Jesus what the hell were Mattel thinking loosing all the original material for their biggest toyline!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yes, they are blurred and the colors are extremely pale. Nothing you couldn't solve with a good scanner or at least Photoshop, so I wonder why they turned out so badly even though the covers' quality is perfectly fine.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I loved them -- especially the really cool outer box they did to hold the MOC figure.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    I would like to buy a commemorative He-man figure someday.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

I liked the Commemoratives. I thought they where really cool, and I hope they make them again for the 30th Annivarsary.

In some ways, I think if they had made these more mainstream, they would have sold better with kids than the 2000x line did. These where toys that where meant to be played with.

One thing I would have really liked though, is if they had a hole in the bottom of the feet so they could connect to stands. Even better... if they could have come with stands! Would have been a good way to tell them apart from the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I liked the Commemoratives. I thought they where really cool, and I hope they make them again for the 30th Annivarsary.

In some ways, I think if they had made these more mainstream, they would have sold better with kids than the 2000x line did. These where toys that where meant to be played with.

One thing I would have really liked though, is if they had a hole in the bottom of the feet so they could connect to stands. Even better... if they could have come with stands! Would have been a good way to tell them apart from the originals.
    And if they had shoulder joints that were like the 2002 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    And if they had shoulder joints that were like the 2002 versions.
    If they could have had that, while keeping with the classic figure style, they would have rocked!

I think considering how long ago that line was over, they did a great job recreating the figures and packaging. Sure, there were a few things lacking but overall I was thrilled and resparked my entire interest in MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Ball joints? No thanks. This is MATTEL we're talking about here. They'll use the cheapest plastic for joint discs.

It was a huge mistake to kill this line. They just don't get it.

cyber-assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer35 View Post
    I have a question. Is it easy to tell if a loose figure is commerative? Did anyone actually open any of the packages?
    I opened them. the feet have a lip, as far as weapons or armor, I don't know how to tell.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    I opened them. the feet have a lip, as far as weapons or armor, I don't know how to tell.
    Here's a picture of the feet:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../FeetDiff1.jpg

The weapons are not as easy to tell, there are some things that you can tell for sure like He-Man's shield is one piece for the new ones and 3 pieces for the old ones.

***Please read and follow forum rules about image sizes!!!***

Heroic Warrior
    Plus, there are paint differences. Commemoratives use a duller matte paint. And in the special case of He-Man, his face is totally different. There are other sculpt subtleties with every figure, but they are hard to tell apart. In a way, the production quality of the comm's is better than the old ones (2000s vs. early 80s).

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I recently found out what they are the hard way as I won a lot on eBay that had a He-Man, Skeletor and a Prince Adam that had the feet. I noticed that they were all made in China too, I don't think any of the vintage figures were. In fairness to the person I bought them from, they were a reseller who didn't really know what they had. They do say 1981 Mattel on the back. Adam's belt is attached to his belt, and He-Man's shield is one piece. I don't know if I could tell the difference on the Skeletor from a picture though. I decided to use them as figures for myself that I can actually play with

I love em. The 10-pack is on my May shopping list.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The bunny.
    Add him to your signature.
    Help him rule the world.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw SKELETOR behind the glass at walmart. I grabbed it took it to the check out line and forgot to buy anything else.That too was the beginning of my interest in the motu line again! SKELETOR rules! just wished they would have made a HORDAK!!

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I have everything but the TRU and JCPenney multi-packs. I loved this line, and like most others in this thread, wish it would have continued. I'd have loved a Randor, Horde Trooper, or Scare Glow in this line since those are ridiculously expensive on ebay.

Heroic Warrior
    There's quite a lot of (very subtle) differences between the comms and the genuine artefacts: skeletor's face sculpt is less detailed and his eyes are shallower, for example. Also, the hands are different as on the comms the fingers on the right hand are much blunter and don't grip in such a tight fist. Man-at-Arms has a VERY different 'squashed' face sculpt and generally you can just sort of...well, tell. Look at them for long enough and (like antique experts and their vases and whatnot) you can just tell by instinct which is old and which is new.

I love them, opened them all including Battle Cat and Panthor. They are great.

Chris