View Poll Results: Do you like the commemoritive figures?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

157 84.41%
  • No

29 15.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you like the commemoritive Figures?

I quite like the commemorative sets, i have the He-Man/Battlecat & Skeletor/Panthor sets and they're pretty sweet. I can only imagine how the 10 pack must be...

I still don't see why not having the original molds was such an issue. There are customs on this forum created from fan molds that look like exact replicas of the originals. If fans can do it why couldn't Mattel?

I actually don't like them. Too much detail is lost, like a bad xerox copy.

I never bought any. I dont plan to ever buy any.

But to be able to see MOTU in the toy aisle again? Priceless. For that I will love the commemerative series.

I've only got the commemorative Mer-Man. He's pretty close to the original. My vintage version had the orange belt, but the commemorative is the green belt version, which looks better. They seem to have got the face and colors right on Mer-Man. The biggest differences is it seems to be a sharper sculpt, as in the details of the muscles are in sharper relief. And of course the bottom of the feet were different.

The commemorative He-Man looks off, though.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 4, 2013 at 12:56am.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I really loved the commemorative series. They where hard to come across in Canada, so I only have 3 figures. If they ever sold them on Mattycollector, I would buy them for sure. Especially if they made figures like He-Ro and Eldor. An 80s style Fearless Photog would be cool too

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I loved this line!

In 1996, I got a catalog called "Figures Inc", and remember seeing Blast Attak listed. I had never heard of him, which was surprising to me since I had most of the later releases like King Randor, Ninjor, and Scare Glow. I got Blast Attak for $15 mint on card from the catalog, and he kinda refueled my interest for Masters of the Universe. I had to ask myself, what else did I miss out from the vintage series? Thankfully, I soon I discovered he-man.org, which had a wonderful database for all the figures. Never knew about the Powers of Grayskull line, or He-Ro!

Then, one day at the mall in 2000, I saw a ToyFare magazine that had a picture of He-Man (it was a story on the upcoming re-issues), and proceeded to buy my first ever issue of ToyFare. I couldn't wait until the Commemorative series was due for release. But they were nearly impossible to find at the stores. I called a couple local Toys'R'Us around my area but to no avail. Then fortunately a few days after Christmas in 2000, I saw a Commemorative Trap-Jaw and Man-At-Arms just sitting in a bin in the back of the store at my hometown Toys'R'Us. I was elated to say the least. That following summer, I scored the first Commemorative 5 Pack (the one with Prince Adam), and got the rest of the Commemorative figures on Brians Toys and eBay.

The Commemorative line really took me back to the first releases of Masters of the Universe. I had all those figures, but was a toddler when I got them, and had no memory of those mini-comics. The Commemorative line brought a new appreciation for the original brand, and it's a shame they only lasted two waves. I hope Mattel considers another Commemorative line!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    If they ever sold them on Mattycollector, I would buy them for sure. Especially if they made figures like He-Ro and Eldor. An 80s style Fearless Photog would be cool too
    He-Ro and Eldor would be big sellers!

I'm not a big fan of them. They basically made all the characters that aren't difficult to get. So I can pay $20 for a repro Mer-man or just get a vintage figure loose for under $10? Think I'll save the $10.

I sold off the few that I bought. They weren't worth hanging on to. Would have been a worthwhile venture if they would have concentrated on waves 5 and 6.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I said No. Because there is no substitution for the REAL thing. Vintage loose & MOC the only way to go. The comm. figures look just a little cheaper IMO. Especially Hemans face.

I think that commemorative figures look terrible. The most obvious is if you look at faces of human characters like He-man and Teela.
    Here is the comparison of some vintage variants and commemorative Teela faces:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think that commemorative figures look terrible. The most obvious is if you look at faces of human characters like He-man and Teela.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1928/teelafaces.jpg

Wow, the Taiwan one looks the best.

I like them, I think they are a great idea. Not perfectly done, but I am happy to have them.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Heroic Warrior
    I had to go with 'yes'- just seeing them on shelves back then was very heartwarming to me- thankfully, I never felt the desire to buy any, especially reading some of your posts about quality issues. Also, the only people I knew that sold them were asking for 2014 MOTUC prices-and higher- for them. An easy choice to pass on them, but I did like the fact that they were released.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1928/teelafaces.jpg

Completely agree with you
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$