View Poll Results: How do you rate the classic Roboto figure? (with 10 being the best)

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 point

1 1.59%
  • 2 points

0 0%
  • 3 points

0 0%
  • 4 points

0 0%
  • 5 points

3 4.76%
  • 6 points

2 3.17%
  • 7 points

13 20.63%
  • 8 points

13 20.63%
  • 9 points

14 22.22%
  • 10 points

17 26.98%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roboto classic figure review thread

Wow! Amazing what you can find with the search function Thanks Spacedust for a nice little review. Where to start?

Roboto wasn't a figure that was common when playing with MOTU figures back in the day. He-Man, Fisto, Skeletor and Whiplash were if i remember correctly, so when i saw Roboto in the toy store i had to have him! The visual appeal as well as the fact that he was "different" played a role too. The three weapons, functioning chest gears, moveable "visor/mouth" - as a kid this figure was awesome! I was disappointed though that he was only in one Filmation episode and clearly feel he could have at least made a few more appearances. Nevertheless, it was enough for me and Roboto was my favourite character/figure from that moment onwards!

Fast forward to 200X, i'm still in awe whenever i stop to look at this figure. I think the FH did a superb job with Roboto and the fact they retained the functioning gears and visor/mouth piece is a great too. It just wouldn't have been the same without it. I didn't mind that Roboto only had two weapons as i feel the chest armour made up for it. For obvious reasons, Roboto is the centrepiece of my 200X collection and rightly so because he looks awesome! Roboto's Gambit is a great episode from the MYP cartoon and my only wish is that he had more of a presence

I honestly can't wait for the Classics version - i hope that SDCC this year will be the unveiling of Roboto! The FH have done an excellent job thus far with MOTUC figures and i hope that Roboto will exceed our expectations just like Trap-Jaw and Battlecat for example. Until then, i'll enjoy the vintage and 200X iterations and anticipate the announcement of Classics Roboto...

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Yes, the Roboto action figure had a heart shaped piece inside of it. Clearly intentional. Very cute!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    roboto was the s***! growing up

Heroic Warrior
    Great fig, easily a 10! Sadly, the one my friend had got into some soupy mud while fighting evil, and his delicate plastic gears were never the same!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE