• Webstor

9 10.84%
  • Rattlor

2 2.41%
  • Moss-Man

5 6.02%
  • Kobra Khan

5 6.02%
  • OTHER CHARACTER (please post name in thread)

12 14.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the most overproduced classic figure?

the most overproduced classic figure?

hi, just out of curiousity:

which do you think is the most overproduced classic-figure by Mattel?

i am speaking of the character that is still available in big MOC/MIB quantity.

some examples are listed above, if your choice is not included please mention it in this thread.

THANKS!

regards,
    thomas
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    A toss up between Kobra Khan and Modulok, but I voted Modulok.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Of course, you could look at this in terms that they weren't the most over-produced, but the ones that didn't sell as much when they were on the shelves.
    I mean, in terms of production, I think the original He-Man and Skeletor were produced but the tonne, but they sold, thus aren't the most common on the MIB market.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Mossman, I remember seeing him still hanging from clearance pegs in the early 90's.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Webstor! I c him the most on e bay!!!!!
    Vintage Motu Wants

Ninjor's Bow and Sword
    Scare Glow Staff and halbred
    King randor Staff and crown
    Sorceress Staff
    Two-Badd Shield x 2
    Stinkor Shield

Pm me if you can help

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    leech and webstor totally i have to refuse moc ones all the time :/

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Yep, gotta say that it's Leech. It did mean I could acquire him again cheaply and easily though.

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Great deals so far: slgcmg; slothboy; Luigispice; Bosskmr; Fairyheart; Robertytus; Mighty Puundragon

Heroic Warrior
    I won a carded Leech for 9.99 the other day. Wasn't mint by any stretch of the imagination, but it was carded.

Court Magician
    Definitely Leech!

Mekaneck and Man-e-Faces are other ones I see a lot.

Does the Weapons Pack count?

Also, I agree...Leech is everywhere...

-Brett
    Who is also everywhere.

={+}=

He-Man. Not because certain version has been overproduced; I simply mean that the line produced sssooooo many versions of He-Man (regular He-Man, Powerpunch He-Man, Prince Adam, Armorbattle He-Man, Swinging Action He-Man, He-Man this, He-Man that...) that almost anywhere you look, you can find the He-Man character. To me, it was simply useless to create so many He-Man versions. Isn't He-Man He-Man? So why not having made the different He-Man accessories like the fashions of She-Ra? Just one figure bought, and the rest follows. Anyone agrees?

Widget

Over produced

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    He-Man. Not because certain version has been overproduced; I simply mean that the line produced sssooooo many versions of He-Man (regular He-Man, Powerpunch He-Man, Prince Adam, Armorbattle He-Man, Swinging Action He-Man, He-Man this, He-Man that...) that almost anywhere you look, you can find the He-Man character. To me, it was simply useless to create so many He-Man versions. Isn't He-Man He-Man? So why not having made the different He-Man accessories like the fashions of She-Ra? Just one figure bought, and the rest follows. Anyone agrees?
    I liked battle armor he man but the others weren't my favs. If they just would have made some other cool weapon packs or accessories that would have been cool.

I don't have anything against He-Man! But as you understood me, they could have made the other accessories without re-making He-Man over and over.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Well, I really don't think He-Man was overproduced in that sense. Certainly not to the same extent that he was in the 200X line.

There were only 4 true versions of He-man produced.... Regular, Battle Armor, Thunderpunch, and Flying Fists. The only other exception was that Laser He-Man or whatever that never came out in the USA, but was released elsewhere (which was at the tail end of the line anyway). These were also released over the course of many years. Unlike the 200X series, in which there seemed to be at least a couple of versions of He-Man (sometimes more) released in each wave, in the original 80's line they only made something like 1 per year. I think that is pretty reasonable since he is the main character of the line.

And Prince Adam is kind of a gray area. I mean, sure, it is technically just the He-Man figure repainted with some different accessories, but since it was meant to be his alternate form, I would say this constitutes something that was necessary to produce, and walks a fine line between being another version of He-Man and being a separate character entirely.

I don't think it would have been feasable for them to have done alternate costumes/accessories for He-Man like they did with She-Ra. For one thing, each version of He-Man had a uniquely sculted torso. The armor he was wearing was part of the figure. And more so, each of the versions after the regular one had a new unique action feature that was built into the figure. That was something that couldn't be offered up as a separate accessory to buy.

Also, even She-Ra isn't a great comarison anyway. Despite the fact that they had those fashion accessory things that you could buy separately to put on the existing figures/dolls, there was still something like 3 or 4 versions of She-Ra herself produced, if I recall correctly. The number of versions of her produced may be slightly less than that of He-Man, but her whole toy line had a shorter life span than MOTU did, so her variations were very comparible to that of He-Man and may even have been at a faster rate given the time span that her toy line lasted.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I feel like Buzz Off is available a lot... also Mantenna
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar

overproduced

thank god BA Skeletor / Grizzlor / Moss Man were over produced, they are my favourits hehe

bough all these moc (prices without shipping):

BA SKELETOR MOC UNPUNCHED - 7 USD
    MOSS MAN MOC - 11 USD
    leech MOC - 11 USD
    Grizzlor MOC unpunched - 25 USD :\ yeah maybe kinda expensive this one

MISB:

Panthor US version MISB - 6 USD (FOR REAL)
    Stridor MISB - 4.99 USD

wish i had more BA Skeletors

Ramrider
    If there are so many easily available Battle Armour Skeletors about (and I never managed to get him as a kid), why isn't there an entry for him in the He-Man.org toy gallery..

Heroic Warrior
    it is a toss up between leach adn webstor.
    Jessie Shuptrine

was BA Skeletor REALLY that overproduced??

I recently was hunting ebay for about 2 months looking for one that was in GREAT shape moc, and not a rip off, but they all went for high prices and there weren't even that many of them.

A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Pretty Handsome Awkward motubot's Avatar
    I think I saw Leech most, but I don't really get why as he was one of my favorite figures .

I don't have anything against He-Man! But as you understood me, they could have made the other accessories without re-making He-Man over and over.
    you must be confused with the 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 mattel 50 variant he-man line..

in the 80's there was only 4 different he-man's, 5 if you include the laser he-man head spain variant
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Hands down it is Leech. MOC grizzlors are saturating the market as well.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Evil View Post
    Webstor! I c him the most on e bay!!!!!
    I have never seen a Euro Moc Webstor in 3 years time on eBay!
    I don't think he is that common. Same goes for Euro Moc Jitsu and others from the 1982 and 1983 waves. I see a King Randor Moc and Sorceress Moc every week!

Ramrider
    I don't know if anyone's interested, but I've just spotted three BA Skeletors on BBTS, along with quite a few other vintage figs. They all appear to missing their weapons, but at between $11 (for 70% mint) and $15 (for 85%) they look to be a pretty good buy.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/t...?template=5018
    Last edited by Ramrider; March 11, 2007 at 01:12pm. Reason: Forgot to add the link - oops!

Oops, don't know how I missed this poll?

I voted Leech ... closely followed by Modulok!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.