1 1.28%
  • Fright Zone monster

7 8.97%
  • Starburst She-ra

22 28.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motu redesign challenge #74 Philips mom

Motu redesign challenge #74 Philips mom

This is weird character... i beg none of uss have never seen her. In old cartoon Mekaneck

had a son with name Philip

But who is Philips mother? And what would she looks like? Is Mekaneck really a married man? This time you need use a much imagination, because there's no fererence at all.

If this particular challenge feels like bottom of the barrel, don't be afreid. I'm quitting after next one. And if there's tie in the poll, character upper in the list will be chocen. Deadline is 12. day of March. Then Predabot will continue these challenegs in his way.
    Last edited by Monikasvo; February 25, 2007 at 02:09pm. Reason: added word "would"
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

This is a interesting choice, Moni, and I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and Despara

It will be hard to come up with a design that's both appealing......and respresents a character geeky enough to bear Mek's kid....especially classic Mek-A-Neck.....

BRILLIANT idea!

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Hmm, I'm going to cheat and use this old redesign I didn't finish (and have since thrown out) for Lt. Andra. I kind of like the idea that Mekaneck might be the gawky guy who attracts the Big Barda-style warrior woman. Not that a geeky girl wouldn't be a neat change of pace for MOTU too. Just some getting the ball rolling.

That's cool gbagok! I'd love to see what you've just got hanging around.
    Somehow I get the feeling we've all only seen about 30% of your work, that 70% is just in hiding waiting for you to show it the light of day.

I wonder if anyone will go with the stretched neck look like some of those african tribes you see in National Geographic... You know, the ones with the rings?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

What sort of woman would mekaneck be interested in lol

~shrug~
    Here's one I prepared earlier.... like, 2005 earlier lol

*Simply Purrrfect!*

http://ave606.deviantart.com

Thats Amazing gbagok. It fits so well.

I plan on going for the geeky ( well not exactly geeky) girl look, but in my mind she'd be a musician, from whom Philip leaned the flute. I'll have the design up soon.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    cool idea.

gbagok: i hope to see you version in color. how is horde primes second face doing?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Eh... ah.. Um.. Phillips Mom.. ? I thought she was simply dead..

Well, 2-bad's idea sounds rather interesting, and there's aldready other interesting ideas and designs in this thread, so I guess it might be a pretty good idea?

And: YAAAAY! She-ra! But why not bubble-power or Movie She-ra? This means I have to chose one of those gals for my LAST challenge!
    Last edited by Predabot; February 26, 2007 at 11:38am.

Hey, Mekaneck may be little geek for a heroic warrior, but is he really geek for a man? He's close friend to king of Eternia. He's not arrogant or speaking all the time. He can behave. And I thought her wife isn't simple dead, because someone is taking care of Philip.

Here's mine:
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Hey, Mekaneck may be little geek for a heroic warrior, but is he really geek for a man? He's close friend to king of Eternia. He's not arrogant or speaking all the time. He can behave. And I thought her wife isn't simple dead, because someone is taking care of Philip.
    Hey, that's pretty cool, Moni. I'm kinda liking the fuller-figured take on her. Also, all of the bits incorporated from Mek's costume and weapon are cool.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Hmm, I'm going to cheat and use this old redesign I didn't finish (and have since thrown out) for Lt. Andra. I kind of like the idea that Mekaneck might be the gawky guy who attracts the Big Barda-style warrior woman. Not that a geeky girl wouldn't be a neat change of pace for MOTU too. Just some getting the ball rolling.

I like it. Any chance it could get some color! Love your stuff
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Nice work Monikasvo. She's very real.

Did Philip's Mom really get the vote, though?!

Moni!

That design is awesome! Talk about positive realistic role models! Yay!

You need to name her! Floo-Ta perhaps?

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Nice work, Monikasvo! I like how she is full-figured but still cute & sexy, not frumpy at all. Very positive work!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

She looks quite familiar. The face at least. Didnīt you draw her for my fiance DJ Force quite some time ago?
    He totally digs the artwork, and I have to agree. The design looks really great.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Hordaks Henchman, I have drawn him, but I haven't inked or colored him.

Divia, I don't know if I'll get a chance to color mine. I'm not sure what colors to use. What coloring do you think she should have? I'm not even sure of her hair color, but I'm guessing blonde.

flitzi, ya know I might have used the face for the avatars I sent to DJ Force. It seems like has been that long. I haven't heard from him in a while, I don't know if he's used those avatars or not! I know I used some faces from other designs like my redesign for Mira and an old redesign of Celice.

@ gbagok: thank you. curiosed to see him

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Moni -- AMAZING character design!! One of the best original characters I have seen on the boards.

@ all -- I just watched the Icer episode last night There is a young blonde Eternian guardsman (way too young, with really bad accent) named Phillip.

Despite the accent.. could this be the same Phillip? Randor, Teela, etc. seemed to be giving him more preferential treatment than they would have with other Adult guards..

Dr. Ω

Thanks, Dr. Omega! Design is much loan from new Mekaneck anyway..

About guard, did you mean this boy?

I believe he is Mekanecks son. Old show wasn't so clear with continuty, so there can be difference of even years between those 2 Philip episodes in eternian timeline.

And for DestrongerLupus: I'm bad at giving names with english. Floo-Ta sounds good enought for me (Or just Floota. My native language has long words )

great entries everyone! Monikasvo, yours really knocks it out of the park though! cool costume design, and you did a good job making her look like a mom--the haircut really sells it! as for giving her a costume like mekaneck--i guess you and i had the same idea.

For the sake of my entry, I make the assumption that Philip is the biological son of Mekaneck and this classy lady:

The design of "Mekorset" is really just based on pre-existing elements. Her armor and goggles are extrapolated from Mekaneck himself, and the rest of the costume elements are swiped from Teela/Evil-Lyn. The club and pistol are weapons from Man-At-Arms and Zodac, respectively, re-colored to match Mekaneck's club, and modified just slightly. The name "Mekorset" is a contraction of "mechanical" and "corset," the same way Mekaneck's name is a contraction of "mechanical" and "neck." Where Mekaneck has the ability to extend his neck, his better half can extend her midriff. Pretty clever, yes? No? Right.

What you are looking at is essentially the very first drawing I did of this character. I'm pleased with how it turned out--yes, it's a typical static girl-pose that you would expect from me, but something about her stance is natural and relaxed (well, relatively relaxed, considering that she's armed to the teeth). And it's always nice when you get something on the first try. The colors, on the other hand, are pretty bland, I think. The colors of her uniform follow Mekaneck pretty closely, and she has blonde hair to match her son.

And here's a little background info I wrote up...

PROFILE: In her public life, Mekorset is a steadfast yet just authority figure, well-loved in the territories that she oversees. In her personal life she is fiercely devoted to her family. She is equipped with a bionic midriff that can extend up to 10 feet--beyond making her a "human periscope" like her husband, she also uses the ability to enhance her hand-to-hand combat abilities. Her goggles provide her with a variety of enhanced visual senses--telescopic vision, nightvision, thermal vision, video recording and transmission etcetera. Her light battle bludgeon is standard issue to Eternian military, but her sidearm is a special model engineered by Man-At-Arms from off-world technology. In close and ranged combat, Mekorset is surpassed by few.

HISTORY: Mekorset and her husband Mekaneck, were both injured when trying to to track their son Philip through a violent storm generated by the evil sorcerer Count Marzo, who had kidnapped Philip. The couple each received bionic prostheses which not only saved their lives, but gave them new powers. However, the loss of their son, compounded with the fact that they had married at a very young age, caused excessive strain on their marriage. Mekorset, as she was now called, became one of the King's wardens, and transferred to a distant outpost, overseeing some of the King's territories on the frontier.

In the aftermath of Mekaneck discovering and rescuing Philip from Count Marzo, Mekorset has reunited with her son and her estranged spouse. By decree of King Randor and Queen Marlena, Mekorset was transferred to an outpost closer to the Eternian capitol (roughly half a day's ride on a Stridor unit) where she remains one of the King's most trusted Wardens. Mekaneck, who still serves as a special agent in the reconaissance division of the Royal Guard, now lives with his wife and son at the outpost. Mekorset and Mekaneck are currently seeing a marriage counselor, and seem to be well on their way to rebuilding their family. Their son Philip recently became a junior recruit in the Royal Guard.

whaddaya think?
    Last edited by bootleg; March 9, 2007 at 05:57am.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

OMG Bootleg!! Thats soooooo awesome! Love the drawing and the story is just perfect! As I was reading it, it reminded me of a un-aired cartoon episode! EXCELLENT work!!

bootleg i like your versionl. looks really cool

Totally awesome, Bootleg! The art and story idea are totally great, I love them!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I like Monikvaso's version so much, I came up with my own name and backstory for her.

I have been meaning to post it for some time, but haven't had time to type it out until tonight.

Moni -- I certainly don't mean to take away from your creation. I am just a big fan of it! If you want me to remove this, please let me know and I will do so right away..

Kara grew up admiring her father, a decorated Eternian Guardsman. Although a very gifted musician and inventor, she instead opted to join the Eternian Guard when she was old enough. Despite her weight and ridicule by some, she persevered and came to be greatly respected as a soldier for her combat skills, her keen intelligence and warm personality.

Combining her love of music, her tactical knowledge and her skills as an inventor, Kara created her Sonic Blaster weapon. Using only sound waves, the weapon is capable of levelling mountains. With her newfound power and her reputation as an amazing hero, she was invited to join the elite team of Captain Randor's Defenders, including Stratos, Man-at-arms, Ram-man and Mekanek.

As Sonikara, she served the Defenders with distinction. At times, she seemed shy and flustered. Most of the team assumed she had a crush on Randor, as many young maidens in Eternos did. Several months later it was found that she did indeed have a crush, but not for Randor, but rather for Mekanek. The two were wed shortly after.

When Sonikara became pregnant, her participation with the Defenders lessened, but she refused to give up adventuring completely. After a very close near-fatal attack from the once-powerful warlord, Prahvus, Sonikara and Mekanek agreed that she should fully retire to raise their son.

Although no longer a member of the Eternian Guard, nor the Defenders, she remains a close ally of the Masters and is welcomed with open arms whenever she visits the Royal Palace. Among new guardsmen, she is considered a legend. She also retains her love of music and invention, teaching her son to play flute and periodically visiting Man-at-arms workshop to keep up on his latest inventions.

Dr. Ω