View Poll Results: What do you think of He-Man being in Wave 6?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Bring him on.

165 73.66%
  • No thanks.

59 26.34%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man Staction... Yay or Nay?

He-Man Staction... Yay or Nay?

The forums are hot right now with the announcement of the Wave 6 line up.

What do you say as a MotU fan?

Are you happy with He-Man being in the Wave 6 line up?
    Or are you not happy.

Cut it down the middle. Assume this is a Standard costumed He-Man re-tooled as a staction. (Because we don't know yet if it's a variant of any kind.)

I vote: YAY!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

You betcha!

Nay, I'd much rather see the others who have not had a figure or staction made yet. Save the redos for the later waves if they get that far. Or at least still do three new stactions and have the redos as exclusives.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Sí!
    El tiene el poder!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Nay, I'd much rather see the others who have not had a figure or staction made yet. Save the redos for the later waves if they get that far. Or at least still do three new stactions and have the redos as exclusives.
    I agree 100%.

Sean79

Yes!

We need the leaders of every group ... Thanks 4H

I'm all for the he-man staction, hopefully skeletor is not to far behind.
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

No thanks.

I've enough He-Figures. Give me any of the other amazing characters who have yet-to-be made. Unless this is a variant or an exclusive.

I'm on the fence, teetering towards yes. My true preference would be to get another character, since He-Man has been done SO many times already, but then it made sense to me when some folks were saying that it'd be good for sales/interest to have a highly recognizable character included once in awhile. And hey, maybe we can get a good design for him.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Why isn't there a third option in the poll? Some kind of undecided one, because of if it's a special new sculpt with a new theme or some classic colours or whatever.

I think I'm a bit undecided still... But the Nay-option seemed the most feasible in this poll.

Of course it's good to put He-man in wave 6. All this "I'd rather see characters who haven't been made" is a bunch of jibba-jabba. Including He-man (especially if it's a new and improved sculpt, and/or classic colors) is a great way to insure that there are later waves, so we can get those as yet unmade characters. I'm all for it.

Crap. I thought they said when they started these things that they weren't going to make stactions of figures that had already been made. I knew it was crap, but I am surprised they held out as long as they have. Not that it makes much difference. I have yet to see wave three figures in my area. These things must not be selling too great. The two Clawfuls one store in my area got are still hanging on the pegs, at half off. Having a recognizable character isn't going to help sales if stores aren't ordering new waves.
    This is how the world ends.

Heroic Warrior
    I say yes so far the only good he-man figure we have IMO is IA he-man and i think he deserves to be done right in the standard costume. people are upset about retools I can kind of understand why but also realize that the horsemen are doing this for themselves as well as for us. That is one of the reasons snout spout was in wave one despite a HUGE backlash on this board until everyone saw how great it looked. Evil Lyn was retolled recently because they initially didn't want her to be a retool of teela and look how AMAZING the Lyn stactionlooks.

It has been said by the horsemen already that some of what they do is because they want to see it done they are fans just like us and they got a bit of power I say let em use it we win out in the end. every staction is great thus far. sometimes we can be very whiny as a fan group (all fandoms can be) i mean look at how much people were complainging about grizzlor not having sculpted fur but once he actually came out people were amazed.

we are allowed to be selfish in our desires but so are the horsemen Bring on He-man I say! As long as the retools at this point remain one per wave It's fine with me.

You can't have a MASTERS of the UNIVERSE line without HE-MAN!
    You also need him to look as GREAT as the current Staction line...
    And trust me when I say that people who DO NOT buy STACTIONS regularly WILL ACTUALLY BUY A HE-MAN over any other character (as well as Skeletor)...it will be better sales all around...
    So it's YAY ALL THE WAY!!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Yes, yes, yes...YES!

Quote Originally Posted by billstevens View Post
    Having a recognizable character isn't going to help sales if stores aren't ordering new waves.
    If not for stores, then online. Maybe my perception is just skewed, but there always seems to be big hype surrounding He-Man product, no matter HOW many times he's been made. Many fans seem to eat him up. And so, while folks are overcome with excitment over He-Man, there's probably more of a chance they'll throw out money for the other 2 out of pure giddiness.

I dont like the Stactions.
    reason: MotU figures just HAVE to be action figures, not statues.
    Ok, they look great, but for me- without movement or action feature, its just no MotU figure
    Please check out my customs!
    And while youre at it..you might leave a comment or two
    http://dragonscustomfigures.blogspot.com/

Sigh... This is a disappointing thread. Why is it so hard to understand? We have He-Man. Some people already have him as a statue. We've all seen what he looks like as a staction. There's yet another gammy-legged variant ("Gammy Legs He-Man"?) that will be coming out again soon. This is all on top of the existing FOURTEEN figures released by Mattel during the failed toy line.

WE. DON'T. NEED. ANOTHER. HE-MAN.

Why can't we just have characters we haven't seen before and then put He-Man at the end of the list? What's so hard about that? Why can't people be allowed characters that haven't been created yet? What is the need to throw He-Man at us yet again - before so many others are as yet unmade?
    Surely since this board has already come widely divided in opinion on this matter within a matter of hours, it may just show that this is not the best of choices? [/sarcasm]

Who was it that decided He-Man was more important to make than Spikor, Scare Glow, Ninjor, Extendar, Rokkon, Stonedar, Modulok, Multi-Bot, Dragstor or Blast Attak?
    Care to raise your hand?

I would so love to have a staction of him holding the sword in the air right after the transformation.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Let's Face it, all of the 200X versions of He-Man aren't that great. In fact, they're just plain awful. They fail miserably to capture the essence of the 80's figure (especially the head). I hope that this time the 4H will change the MYP design and give us a He-Man worthy of standing on our shelves. It always has bugged me that I have MOTU collection without the one true master himself.

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I agree.....Nay. Other characters deserve to be made.....

Khan. Randor, Evil Lynn, now another He-man in the 6" line...hmmm I like seeing characters that haven't gotten the 4H treatment before.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I'm all about He-man getting the mini statue treatment,I say it's about time.Like I said before,some minor retooling and we have a Faker.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Sure you can say too that we don't need another He-Man figure.

That's not the argument.

We DO need a He-Man mini-statue or staction.

One and the same... they are NOT. If you say they are, quality proves you wrong.

@ Predabot... Sorry no third option. The poll is up for two weeks. Think it over and then vote.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I would like a staction of He-Man, of Skeletor, of Teela (snake armor please!) and of King Hsss whose figure really stunk. But other than those, whose figures don't do them justice and who are so important to the overal line, I'd rather they focus on new characters. That's why I was disappointed by the Kobra Kahn staction, he doesn't need it like others do in my view. But hey, if my view mattered, I wouldn't have to work for a living.

I really hope the He-Man staction is as iconic as it needs to be. I may be hoping for too much with all the limitations and all, but it'd be nice to have something that looks as powerful as a 3D Frazetta Conan or something.