• Orange cheeks

4 26.67%
  • No orange cheeks

10 66.67%
  • No preference

1 6.67%

Thread: Preferred vintage Skeletor face paint

Preferred vintage Skeletor face paint

Speaking just of the standard vintage Skeletor figure, do you prefer the version with orange cheeks and light blue eyes (which were on some of the early half-boot versions) or the more common Skeletor face without the orange cheeks and with darker eyes?

Orange cheeks:

No orange cheeks:

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I prefer the orange cheeks version, if only because that's what I had as a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting bit of trivia that I think applies to this variation:

"As with all large scale endeavors, screw-ups happen. After production was authorized, the factories started to turn out the characters in amazing quantities. I walked by Tall Paul’s office one day and he had a set of MOTU figures on his desk. I picked up Skeletor and noticed on his right cheek there was an orange mark. I asked Paul and he deduced that before the paint master was shipped to the factory, apparently it was moved or some stray color was accidently added to make that orange mark. So Paul went down and got it fixed, but not before thousands and thousands were produced with that 'error'." - Mark Ellis, Former Mattel Director of Marketing for Male Action Toys

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?237115-Interview-with-Mark-Ellis-Former-Mattel-Director-of-Marketing-for-Male-Action-Toys
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Definitely without. While it is cool in from the history/nostalgia angle, it makes ol' bone face even less scary than he is (I mean, it looks like he's got a goofy smile anyway!)

What was the deal with the half painted boots then? I have'nt seen that before!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Definitely without. While it is cool in from the history/nostalgia angle, it makes ol' bone face even less scary than he is (I mean, it looks like he's got a goofy smile anyway!)

What was the deal with the half painted boots then? I have'nt seen that before!
    Yeah, the orange cheeks thing makes him look a bit more clownish, but since that's what I had as a kid, that's what I prefer.

The half boots were on all early Skeletors. I would guess they were trying to save on paint apps. Or maybe it's supposed to be some kind of shin guard rather than a boot? That's how the second prototype was painted, anyway.

protoskeletor.jpg
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread