Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: COTU Classic Evil Warriors CONTEST!!! COTU PRIZES!!!

Don't sell yourself short Doompuppet, yours are awesome! Just some really cool ideas.

Chris

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorclawfranke View Post
    Oh my god ... i see this thread first time today, may be i create an char in this short time ... very thight action skeletoncrew
    hurry up you have 48 hours basically till the deadline

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Butt-Head

Here is my third, final entry for the competition. And yes, I will acknowledge before the off that there is a resemblance to Galaxy Warrior's great entry. I was mid-sketching it when GW posted his; oh well, it ain't gonna win so I might as well post it anyway!

Presenting...
    BUTT-HEAD
    Obnoxious evil head-butting bovine

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bio / Origin:

The latest addition to Skeletor’s ever growing band of Evil Warriors is Butt-Head. Originating from the planet Bullarius, Butt-Head is an arrogant, obnoxious bovine-creature. When he gets angry or is facing an enemy, he can launch his head off of his shoulders at high-speed, “head-butting” opponents. Oh, and he hates the colour red. Watch out Orko!!

-----

I’ve had the concept of this head-butting villain for some years, but have never put it to paper before now.

His action feature is his head-butting ability. His head is separate and fits into his neck. It is launched by the spring-loaded lever on his back, which works pretty much as the ball launcher on a pinball machine does – pull the lever down, and let it go, to launch the head. The figure may also possibly forgo the standard spring-loaded waist for one that can be adjusted to point the torso forwards to allow his head to butt victims better.

His horns would be made of soft foamy rubber, as not to poke any young players’ eyes out.

I did consider giving him a bigger weapon, but opted to give him a simple, standard one so as not to detract from the figure. The sword is a standard Castle Grayskull one, in dark blue (most of the other Grayskull weapons were recycled: axe – Buzz-Off; spear Whiplash & King Randor; Clawful & Moss Man – Mace; rifle – Webstor; shield – Stinkor), but the sword was never recycled (bar the Weapons Pak).

I did consider giving him hoof feet, but was in the mind of how Mattel traditionally liked to recycle standard parts; besides, there’s nothing to say that he hasn’t got a cloven hoof inside his boot.

I see him as fitting in with the third wave of releases, as the likes of Buzz Off, Clawful, Webstor, Whiplash and Kobra Khan were all creature-based, and I see Butt-Head fitting in well with them. (He was meant to be bull inspired, but came out slightly more cow looking. I suck at drawing!!)

Butt-Head is very arrogant and obnoxious. He is not quite as out-and-out dumb as some of Skeletor’s warriors (although he’s not too bright), but his arrogance results in him being resented by most of Skeletor’s other warriors.

Oh, and he didn't scan too well, he's much browny-red-er; here he looks rather sunburnt!

Enter... Butt-Head!
    Last edited by Spacedust; April 11, 2007 at 09:41pm. Reason: corrected wording error
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Movie mayhem!
    Awsome looking character! I would just change his name as there is already a MOTU character named Butthead, I'm sure you probably didn't know that though as he is from NA he-man and it seems NO ONE got to see it. LOL Though I suppose on eternia the name Butt Head could be the equivalent of the name Jon here on earth... so maybe it can work. lol Seriously cool character though.

Oh, I really got third one ready.

Spikebee is an evil wasp-warrior-princess. She wants overthrow Queen of Andreenos. There's lot of same elements like in IdiotFools Firefly, but bee's are sweet aren't they?

Actually this was old pic I found from my z-files. It was used for fotomanipulation practise, so don't take her too serious.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

The bigger they are... Innershade's Avatar
    Nice try, I also tought about a female buzz off. Any weapon?
    Need a comission? PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Awsome looking character! I would just change his name as there is already a MOTU character named Butthead, I'm sure you probably didn't know that though as he is from NA he-man and it seems NO ONE got to see it. LOL Though I suppose on eternia the name Butt Head could be the equivalent of the name Jon here on earth... so maybe it can work. lol Seriously cool character though.
    Yes, there is a NA Butt-head (I was trying to remember), but as this is a classic competition, and I tend to ignore all things NA, I thought I could semi-get away with it!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Here is my third, final entry for the competition. And yes, I will acknowledge before the off that there is a resemblance to Galaxy Warrior's great entry. I was mid-sketching it when GW posted his; oh well, it ain't gonna win so I might as well post it anyway!
    Nice character, but it's similar to mine... not Galaxy Warrior's... But thanks for calling it "great".
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool View Post
    Nice character, but it's similar to mine... not Galaxy Warrior's... But thanks for calling it "great".
    Argh (feels stupid now) yes it is. I was looking at a "quote" section. I'm so stupid, I get hit by parked cars.
    Maybe we should start an army of bull warriors.

Oh, BTW Patreek, NA had a character called Thunder Punch He-Man, so they weren't beyond recycling names; so maybe Butt-Head here can be a 'prequel' to the NA character. Or something like that.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    Bull-Headed vs Butt-Head vs Horror-Bull!

Three bull head warriors enter... one leaves!

Now we just need to rent one of those bullfighting stadiums.

Konsu-Mar: Evil Master of Mouths

Ok here is my first entry. Apologies that its only inked.I haven't had time to colour my guys in.

Konsu-Mar (Changed the name from Consume-All, I think this is more snappy) is meant to be similar in design to the original Whiplash figure, without the bendy tail. I see him as black with an orange loincloth thingy.

He's extremely focused at what he does, calm and collected, not to mention silent. This allows his prey to become complacent and underestimate him as he is not much to look at, nor is he intimidating.

Thats when the attack comes, when his true beast form is revealed. A twisted form of hungry mouths, ready to eat all that he can.

He serves Skeletor primarily for MEAT.... the precious meat.....

He wouldn't come with weapons...he already is one. Maybe the halberd that Scareglow comes with.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Skwyrm - Evil Lord of Worms

Again apologies that this is only inks. This character is in response to Bootleg. He wondered why there was no Eygptian character for Skeletor, now that Hordak and King Hss have one. I give you Skwyrm.

He once served the forces of good, but the promises of power lead him to darkness, aligning with Fear-O. However he was betrayed, and when Fear-O fell, he was cast out into the darkness, left to die. However his thirst for vengeance consumed him, and calling to his worms, he was coccooned until such time that he could get back at those who had turned against him. He serves Skeletor with the promise of such revenge, and the possibilithy of usurping the Overlord of Evil.

I would see him as a combination of Ninjor and Spikor. The spikes are to help him travel underground and would also store the static electricity (Not included) that would be created so he could unleash it. He also has a schimtar if his worm buddies can't help. I'd like to see him come with a sandworm, similar to the fright zone glove puppet. A 200X version would have a face underneath which splits into four, much like a sandworm, revealing rows of sharp teeth.

Commissions - [TBA]

They look cool.
    Skwyrm looks like a nice combination of Ninjor and Spikor.
    Konsu-Mar reminds me a mix of Aliens and Transfor-Mar
    Hope you'll color them later ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Innershade View Post
    They look cool.
    Skwyrm looks like a nice combination of Ninjor and Spikor.
    Konsu-Mar reminds me a mix of Aliens and Transfor-Mar
    Hope you'll color them later ;-)
    I'll colour them this weekend I hope. Not sure if I can submit the coloured ones after, but I hope people get to see them.

Glad ya liked Skwyrm, he's my personal fav.

LMAO Transfor-Mar...cheeky sod

Commissions - [TBA]

Regarding the judging of this competition (which I'm absolutely loving by the way, both submitting my own rubbish and seeing other people's ideas), how is it going to be decided?
    Obviously skeletoncrew and co. has the final say, so a poll is definatly out, but will we be asked for (unbiased) opinions and whatnot to help narrow it down?
    ~jay firestorm~

Regarding the judging of this competition (which I'm absolutely loving by the way, both submitting my own rubbish and seeing other people's ideas), how is it going to be decided?
    Obviously skeletoncrew and co. has the final say, so a poll is definatly out, but will we be asked for (unbiased) opinions and whatnot to help narrow it down?
    Pretty sure they said they'd have a poll and the viewers would decide...

And, who is Horror-Bull? I didn't see that one...
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    we at cotu do have some say but we'd like to leave it up to people of the org to pick the winner. we at cotu will pick the special merit winner thats it everyone gets a fair and just chance. we would have it any other way. and dont forget if someone doesnt win this contest we plan to have more in the future so keep the ideas brewing guys and gals

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    we at cotu do have some say but we'd like to leave it up to people of the org to pick the winner. we at cotu will pick the special merit winner thats it everyone gets a fair and just chance. we would have it any other way. and dont forget if someone doesnt win this contest we plan to have more in the future so keep the ideas brewing guys and gals
    That sounds good; org-ers, and special merit from the cotu. Trouble is, I'm gonna find it hard to whittle it down with so many good entries.
    ~jay firestorm~

Behold,
    enters Desphendor master of violence!

and a little slide show with the removable armor.

Last edited by Innershade; April 15, 2007 at 08:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Innershade View Post
    Behold,
    enters Desphendor master of violence!
    Desphonder... with your shield... or on it!

Nice design. I like the added marker touch. Nice idea I've not seen in a figure.

A big fan of Slush Head
    He reminds me alittle bit of Kratos from God of War .Very cool.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; April 12, 2007 at 10:25pm.

Saying Desphendor is not inspired from 300, Gladiator and god of war would be lies. I couldn't get the idea out my head.

No worries. It's good inspiration...

For me: I'm still messing around in Photoshop, so here's Filmation Firefly!

Enjoy! (Someone please tell me the sky is cool, at least. I love the smudge tool!)
    Last edited by IdiotFool; April 13, 2007 at 10:13am.

a lot of fantastic entries! it was right down to the wire, but here's mine (character info follows):

Malbino is constructed from the following parts:
    • Beastman head
    • Skeletor torso and arms
    • Tri-Klops armor
    • Man-E-Faces pelvis
    • Sy-Klone legs
    • Weapons Pack Power Sword
    I already had this character pretty fleshed out in my head before I heard about the contest. The original motivation behind creating Malbino is that I wanted to create characters to wield the various accessories from the classic weapons pack. I hadn't planned on getting around to this sketch for a while, but COTU's contest seemed like a perfect place to present Malbino. The pose and concept are very similar to my version of Felinor, due to the fact that the existence of each character revolves around a duplicate Power Sword. And the name is, of course, a terrible pun in the great tradition of MOTU. Whaddaya know, I just happen to have a complete background written up for him:

PROFILE: MALBINO is a virtually unrivaled master of stealth and the sword. His sole concern in life is furthering his mastery of the blade by annihilating any and all who would be his rivals. As a result, he is unapologetically belligerent, even towards his so-called allies. He is armed with a replica of He-Man's power sword, forged by the same master sword-maker who created Felinor's counterfeit blade. It is unknown exactly how many of these forgeries exist. Intense light has been known to blind Malbino temporarily, but due to the fact that he is an expert blind-fighter as well, this knowledge is of little use.

HISTORY: Originally hailing from one of the most remote corners of Eternia, Malbino studied swordplay under the same teacher as his bitter rival, Tri-Klops. He has travelled the world, seeking out and ruthlessly slaying anyone whom he considers a master of the blade. In spite of having carved a bloody path of destruction through the martial world of Eternia, Malbino is little known, largely due to the fact that he has no interest in public glory and rarely leaves witnesses. Having heard that his old rival is engaged in on-going conflict with He-Man, owner of one of the true power swords, Malbino travelled to Snake Mountain to offer his services to Skeletor, determined to kill the opponent that Tri-Klops has failed to defeat. Malbino's violent and efficient methods earned Skeletor's respect, and in spite of Tri-Klop's warnings, Skeletor has made Malbino one of his lieutenants. However, the wandering swordmaster has no real interest in Skeletor's conflicts, he is merely interested in finding more masters of swordsmanship to vanquish. In addition to He-Man, Malbino has set his sights on She-Ra, and a skirmish with the Aracnos forces introduced him to Felinor, whom he took great interest in, for obvious reasons. Even amongst Skeletor's other lieutenants, Malbino has made few allies--he has nearly come to blows with Ninjor and Blade on numerous occasions. However, he has also told Tri-Klops this: "Out of respect for our Master, I will kill you last. For now, we are allies."

Last edited by bootleg; April 13, 2007 at 02:10am.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Movie mayhem!
    BOOTLEG.... surprise surprise I love it! Seriously I LOVE IT! Awsome character.

By the way... I have till the end of the day on the 13th (aka today) lol to put my colors in right?