Thread: Help with colors for Firefly...

Help with colors for Firefly...

Here's what I have...

I think the parts choices are fine, but I'm open to your thoughts. I especially need help with the colors, though. Lemme know what you think. I can throw up the inks for anybody who's bored and wants to play around.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

I like the colors of the armor... i think he looks great. But maybe a different skin color? Maybe one that would make him seem more... monster/alien?

Just a thought.
    Commissions ahoi - apply within!
    ------
    Check out my website: IMBETA.NET - Also available on MYSPACE

Quote Originally Posted by imbeta View Post
    I like the colors of the armor... i think he looks great. But maybe a different skin color? Maybe one that would make him seem more... monster/alien?

Just a thought.
    What color would you suggest, then? The only colors that I can think of are already used heavily throughout the rest of the figure. With the tan, I was going to a throwback to Buzz-Off.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Aqua? - I don't know... it was just a thought.
    Commissions ahoi - apply within!
    ------
    Check out my website: IMBETA.NET - Also available on MYSPACE

Quote Originally Posted by imbeta View Post
    Aqua? - I don't know... it was just a thought.
    Heh. Okay. Here's some choices...

I think skin's okay, but purple is growing on me. Of course, then it's pretty Baddhraish...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd go with the electric blue. It's kinda buggy, and keeps him from looking like any of the characters who lent their parts.

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    i like the first color scheme best

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaks Henchman View Post
    i like the first color scheme best
    First being blue, or first being tan?

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Brown skin with green, transparent wings.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Brown skin with green, transparent wings.
    Green doesn't really screem "Firefly" to me.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool View Post

Transparent orange wings then. Orange is a color of fire.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool View Post
    well, um fireflies(on earth) glow a green/yellow color...so it pretty much does scream Firefly(if one is referencing the real creature)...but, if you are going with the fire angle(like the Batman villian Firefly), then not so much(although one can produce green flame, see DC's Fire character)...

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    i gotta say the torso colors arent really working though they are like that of a real firefly. it just makes me think of a rugby shirt on some drunk dude at the bar.

maybe black body trans/green wings green claws,feet ....

PS: WHY THE MISMATCH ARMS AGAIN??

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    well, um fireflies(on earth) glow a green/yellow color...so it pretty much does scream Firefly(if one is referencing the real creature)...but, if you are going with the fire angle(like the Batman villian Firefly), then not so much(although one can produce green flame, see DC's Fire character)...

It's the butt that glows, not the wing. So, I stand by it not being Fireflyish.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    i gotta say the torso colors arent really working though they are like that of a real firefly. it just makes me think of a rugby shirt on some drunk dude at the bar.

maybe black body trans/green wings green claws,feet ....

PS: WHY THE MISMATCH ARMS AGAIN??
    I understand where you're coming from, which is why I asked for some thoughts/comments. Unfortunately, the chest peice has the Freddy Krueger sort of sweater pattern, so it's hard NOT to look like a rugby/frat guy.

As for why the arm's different: I wanted to differentiate him from just being a straight recast of Buzz-Off, having a humanoid arm lends him to more of the freakish look, and the ridges look, to me, like empowered fire. It's from this arm that Firefly casts his firey powers. I would've just drawn a new arm for him, but I was thinking like a customizer, and you have to use the parts available to you for that; something you are well aware of.

Movie mayhem!
    I think i'd like him better if his chest wasn't striped yellow and black, I know there is that red stripe but it isn't enough to make him not look like a bee.... I'd made his chest all black with just one red stripe.

As for skin color....a yellow green glowing SEE through color of course ;-)