Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Motu Redesign Challenge: The story so far..

I have to say, this thread is so much fun to browse through. All the art and the different ideas on display. Fan-freakin-tabulous!
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    can we have a Re-Challenge on Granamyr?

I'd love it if we could have another Granamyr challenge...
    I missed that one!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Oh I just had to use my 500th post (since rejoining the board) to make things difficult for you guys! I ran across some printouts from a pre-"MOTU Redesign Challenge" redesign challenge. Here's the text from the post...

I'd like to spruce things up a bit by having a Fan-Art Forum Contest. After seeing Bearshow's incredible toy designs of She-Ra, Snout Spout, and Bow, I figured it would be fun to have a contest based on the same idea but the topic would be The Evil Horde.

The Rules

1. The only characters allowed to be (re)designed for this contest are:

Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Catra
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    Mantenna
    Modulok
    Scorpia
    Dragstor
    Mosquitor
    Octavia
    Horde Trooper

2. The design must be drawn as though it was a toy that is going to be released in the new line (with action feature, weapon, etc.)

3. The design must have multiple views (like a model sheet) so that everyone can see front, back, and sides of the figure.

4. You can enter as many times as you want and you must post your entries in this thread. Only entries that are posted in this thread will be considered entered.

5. You must have fun!!!
    I remember entering this and it may have been the first MOTU art I ever posted here. I did a Scorpia redesign. I can't seem to find the schematic views, but I did find a sketch I did to accompany them. It's quite embarassing though...

Does anyone else remember this? If so, any idea who started the contest and who all entered? I can barely remember entering myself.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun View Post
    I missed that one!
    Me too. I missed out on the initial challenge, and I've got a good idea of what I'd do with Granamyr.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; August 13, 2008 at 08:58pm.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    OMG! I missed your post back in the summer-time, Brak!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    Oh I just had to use my 500th post (since rejoining the board) to make things difficult for you guys! I ran across some printouts from a pre-"MOTU Redesign Challenge" redesign challenge. Here's the text from the post...

I remember entering this and it may have been the first MOTU art I ever posted here. I did a Scorpia redesign. I can't seem to find the schematic views, but I did find a sketch I did to accompany them. It's quite embarassing though...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ppyScorpia.jpg

Does anyone else remember this? If so, any idea who started the contest and who all entered? I can barely remember entering myself.

Me too. I missed out on the initial challenge, and I've got a good idea of what I'd do with Granamyr.
    I don't think you need to feel embarrassed by the Scorpia, it's pretty kickin', methinks.

And I have to say... this Horde-Challenge is totally out of the blue for me?? This was waaay before my time! Even before I started lurking, I think. 0_0

How'd you find this info?? When I checked Wayback-machine to see if it had archived the forums, it turns out Val has put in some script that stops Wayback-machine from going trough the forums.

And heeey... I'm not sure you'll see this, but when I'm at it... where's that BLAST ATTAKK we were promised, eh? EH?!

Hey Pred, are you going to update the list at the beginning of this thread? I think it's nice to have it as a reference when looking at past challenges to see who's won, and we're going on 10 challenges now since it's been updated (last one listed is #76, Dream Mistress is #86).

Just wondering - and thanks again for all the work you do organizing/conducting these challenges. They really add something positive to the whole forum experience.

Hmm... maybe. But I think I'll leave that eminent job to my successor, whoever he will be.

What are we missing until I can start work on the Tribute-poster btw? I have to recheck this, but I think the Granamyr-challenge winner is the only one missing, before we've got it all sorted out.

EDIT: We're actually STILL missing three crucial component.

1. SOMEONE won the Mammoth Hordesman challenge. But we still haven't figured out which of the three candidates of Iceman, J-sun and Dr Omega, that was the winner.

2. Battle_Brak needs to find the Blast Attakk he did. Seriously, it's the first challenge ever held.

3. No one remembers who drew the winning Granamyr... It looks like it was done in Illustrator or some other vector-based program tho, how many here work with that? I'm thinking about a certain artist that has now left the board... did a lot of PoP stuff. I think it's the same person that did some Jemm redesigns.

Hmm... Was it JUDEH?

EDIT: New update to the list! I had forgot to add #59 NINJOR!!

Congratulations on the win btw, Iceman. Almost 3 years later...
    Last edited by Predabot; February 13, 2009 at 12:24am.

It's sad that only the winners are remembered... by the way, a lot of them the links are broken. Can somebody mend them? it will be great, as it is one of the best posts of He-Man.org.

P.S: Also, can somebody update it? because the last that can be seen in the forum I think is 89 Modulok....

I've just mended some of the links, that were mendable. Some of those pics I'm going to have to start searching for tho.

Apparently I don't have all the pics either... which is less of a hoot.

Anyways, I've reuploaded some of the pics here, so people can see them again.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=400

Thanks, Predabot.

HEY, everybody! I just got sent this picture by Granbeetle aka BEETO BOT.

It's of Ceril, and we're trying to figure out if this was his entry in the Ceril-challenge? Anybody remember if this is it?

It's pretty good but doesn't look familiar to me. I remember only seeing two entries for Ceril. I was looking for them loooong ago and couldn't find them. Ceril is kind of like Granamyr, a lost challenge that could use a revisit. I honestly had never heard of him before.

If I'm not mistaken Iceman's Grotusk won the Mamoth Hordesman challenge. It was either him or Battle Brak.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Wait... Battle_brak?? He was in on that action as well?? Anybody save his pic? We definitely need to track that one down and check it out, it could be another contender for winner there, as you say.

Hey everyone! =)

Just thought I'd let everybody know that I have just made a massive update to this gigantic, tremendous master-list!

Originally I was going to let my successor do this "wonderfully lovely" job, but since I'm the guy that posted this thread it's probably a lot easier if I do it... can't be too hard on the poor schmuck!

Check it out, all o' ya'! The list now includes some more pictures, and features all of the entries up to challenge #98.

I'll probably do another update once challenge #100 is complete, but it'll take a while.

Now... does anybody know where Patreek is?? I need 'em to post the second last challenge of mine.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow! real good stuff here. good to see art for some of the less popular characters.

Hey, guys! I just made some updates to the list, fixing a bunch of broken links. =) So, if you see any broken links, let me know, and I'll fix it in no-time!

Wow... the list is almost complete... it's got almost everything now. But there are still some unanswered questions, like who won the Granamyr challenge? What's his REAL screen-name...?

And is Battle-Brak ever going to find those missing pieces?

Hmm... a lot of people insist on Iceman winning the Horde Elephant challenge, yet I still remember it differently. I'll probably be adding him as the official winner tho, because that seems to be the general consensus, people just like that design. =)

If anyone could somehow use Wayback-machine on this stuff... then that would be lovely. I myself have failed, as of yet. It seems like there are NO individual old .org forum-pages on it, in actuality. 0_o Which is a bummer.

Movie mayhem!
    BattleBrak were you ever able to find your image for Challenge 1?

Actually Pat, I had him look, and it seems like it's been lost trough time. He says he might REDO the entire thing, from whatever he can remember, but mostly how he would have done it today, instead! =)

So, here's to hopin' he'll have time to sit down and get right down to it, one of these days. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun View Post
    I missed that one!

Keep an Eye out for this bro

Love this. You guys are so talented.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Movie mayhem!
    Hey guys... this link here below isn't working:

#7 Brak/Flogg
    -----------------
    J-sun's
    http://www.new-adventures.de/bilder/fans/12_0.jpg

anyone have this image?

Court Magician
    @ Patreek

j-sun_flogg.jpg

Movie mayhem!
    THANK YOU!!!

I've updated that broken flogg-link now. =) Ey Pat, did Battle_brak ever do a new version of his old Blast-Attack?