Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motu Redesign Challenge: The story so far..

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Thanks Glass Shrimp! I'll update master-list immediately.

And a certain JASON recently promised to post his winnings here too.. soo... where are they, EH?

oICEMANo, do you have a pic of that Spikor of yours? You were pretty close in that contest with Bearshow I believe.
    Last edited by Predabot; May 11, 2007 at 12:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Thanks Glass Shrimp! I'll update master-list immediately.

And a certain JASON recently promised to post his winnings here too.. soo... where are they, EH?

oICEMANo, do you have a pic of that Spikor of yours? You were pretty close in that contest with Bearshow I believe.
    Anything I did for the challenges is most likely on my DA site.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Bloody system-maintenance on Deviant-art... I'll have a look at it later and update the list later tho, so thanks for the hint Iceman.

On another note: I dug up J-Sun's work on Strongarm that he won a challenge with, now I just gotta figure out WICH challenge it was!

http://www.jsunscustoms.com/figures/...armjsun_01.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/site_sects/fan...mages/1905.jpg

Right, the last update to the list was SHa's Green Goddess. And I wager now is the time to try and find Battle_Brak's "Evil Robot".

If anybody has an image of that evil robot, then please, e-mail or PM it to me. Also, if somebody knows how I can get into touch with Battle_Brak, then that would be great, because he's got several entries of interest.

Sorry!
    Forgot!
    I'll try to get it here over the weekend.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

errr... a jason besides me, right? cause i'm pretty sure i already posted all of mine.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Yeah, I meant J-Sun.

And Baena: Why I oughta...!

I'm like a broken record here, guys, but let's try and finish this darn list to the best of our abilities, ok?

Firstly: These are the entries I'm still having troubles with.

#19 Dylamug
    ------------------
    ???

#16 Adora
    -------------
    ????

#14 The Rock People
    -----------------------
    ??????

#12 Spikor
    --------------
    oIceMaNo, I think. He may have tied with someone.

#1 Blast Attack
    -------------------
    ?? If anyone remembers who won this... he'll get a special price. For real.

#? Clamp Champ
    --------------------
    Bearshow's

#? Strongarm
    --------------------
    J-sun's
    http://www.jsunscustoms.com/figures/...armjsun_01.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/site_sects/fan...mages/1905.jpg

Secondly: I need to know who all of the organizers were, and any other special people in the need of a special mention.

And, of course, the real names of all of the winners, plus links to their preferred personal web-presence of choice.

Also, just to top it alll off... BAAAAEEEEENAAAA!!! Does anybody have an image of his Faker? Seriously? He did a robotic Faker. Woo? Anyone...?

oICEMANo's Spikor...

The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

J-Sun's Strongarm

thanks for the stuff shrimp, but i had already found strongarm. =) spikor is a huuge help tho.

Loving Clamp Chap's armour there!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Could a kindly Mod ( coff*the_shadow*coff) PLEEEAAAASSSEEE sticky this thread? I think it could be a very usefull resource for the members that might want to have a peak into the musty old tomes of history.

Meanwhile, I'm a bit busy with a lot of things, but progress wont stop here just because of that. Now, if somebody could just PLEASE help me out with the remaining unfilled challenges tho... Especially the rock-people challenge, is something I remember decently well, but can't recall who won it.

I know for a fact that Monikasvoo was atleast one of competitors in that one. Do you remember some of the other entries? Maybe we can figure out who won, together. =)
    Last edited by Predabot; June 21, 2007 at 12:21pm.

I don't know what "sticky this thread" means?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Ramrider
    Put a 'sticky' tag on the thread so it stays constantly at the top of the board.

Are these contests still running, or have all the characters been done? There's certainly a few I'd want a crack at...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrider View Post
    Put a 'sticky' tag on the thread so it stays constantly at the top of the board.

Are these contests still running, or have all the characters been done? There's certainly a few I'd want a crack at...
    Oh no, not at all! There's HUUGE lot of characters still not done, from all parts of the canons, and I will be continuing the challenges shortly, as soon as I'm done making this list and the subsequent superduper print-size tribute-poster to go with it!

It'll be fun, so I hope you'll join us as soon as I start em' up again.

Right, guys. I've sent a PM to the Shadow asking him to sticky this thread, we'll see if I get a reply back, but in the meantime we can only wait and see what he decides to do.

BUT, I just got this idea, there's this site called way-back machine, right? Maybe we can use that to go back in time to 2 years ago and ressurrect the Adora-thread?? ( and others) to find out who won?? What do you guys think? Is it possible?

EDIT: No. No it didn't work. Val has blocked access to the forums via a script-file called robots.txt. This is a serious problem... since no-one has the memory-capacity to recall as far back in these contests as 2-3 years. Hmm...

Movie mayhem!
    If you use google... maybe you can find an archived version of the thread?

Right, guys. I've sent a PM to the Shadow asking him to sticky this thread, we'll see if I get a reply back, but in the meantime we can only wait and see what he decides to do.

BUT, I just got this idea, there's this site called way-back machine, right? Maybe we can use that to go back in time to 2 years ago and ressurrect the Adora-thread?? ( and others) to find out who won?? What do you guys think? Is it possible?

EDIT: No. No it didn't work. Val has blocked access to the forums via a script-file called robots.txt. This is a serious problem... since no-one has the memory-capacity to recall as far back in these contests as 2-3 years. Hmm...
    Do you still have a list of what you're missing. Mind you, I've only been a member here for about a year, but I am pretty "web-resourceful" when I want to find something.

EDIT: There's been an UPDATE!! OMG! Yes, I can hardly believe it myself!

Thanks to Rook's timely return, he has been able to fill in some of the blank spaces.

Now, if any of you recall who won the FROSTA, LIZARD MAN & Optikk challenges, then that would be great.

2-bad, I think you won the Optikk challenge..?

OLD POST:
    Do you still have a list of what you're missing. Mind you, I've only been a member here for about a year, but I am pretty "web-resourceful" when I want to find something.
    Certainly laddie, the old list from a few posts up is still legit. Nothing's happened since.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&postcount=58

If you could find anything, any small possible piece, then I'd be very, very greatful.

Cheers mate.

WOW! I had totally forgotten that there was an Optikk challenge. I think I did win it. Heres the pic.

My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Heroic Master of Avatars! Bilboynnc's Avatar
    ok this may seam like a stupid question but what about like a redesign of like she-ra or Sorceress. i mean after the 4H did some of the main charcters i havn't seen others redesign challenge them.
    By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

...Certainly laddie, the old list from a few posts up is still legit. Nothing's happened since.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&postcount=58

If you could find anything, any small possible piece, then I'd be very, very greatful.

Cheers mate.
    Wow, this has been frustrating! The archives go back to 2004, but that only gets us to challenge #21 - Kittrina. Web searches for individual characters also lead to pretty much dead ends. I'll keep looking as I can, though.

Edit: I have found a Blast-Attack, however, I can't guarantee he's the Blast-Attack, however, I know for a fact the artist "That Guy" posted in originally on the 'Org, so it may have been in the contest...

Last edited by BlueLobster1979; August 3, 2007 at 02:51am. Reason: Add image from search...

THANK you for your efforts Glass Shrimp! That's a cool Blast-attack, but I've been in touch with Battle_Brak who has informed me about the challenges he won, and he apparently won the blast attack challenge. I don't think that's his work..?

Quote Originally Posted by bilboync
    ok this may seam like a stupid question but what about like a redesign of like she-ra or Sorceress. i mean after the 4H did some of the main charcters i havn't seen others redesign challenge them.
    A version of the sorceress and She-ra is definitely going up once the challenges begin again. But you may have to wait for a looong time for She-ra, because since we've already had a version of her redesigned, I want to save my favourite version of She-Ra for my last challenge... oh the sweetness.
    Last edited by Predabot; August 3, 2007 at 10:29am.

THANK you for your efforts Glass Shrimp! That's a cool Blast-attack, but I've been in touch with Battle_Brak who has informed me about the challenges he won, and he apparently won the blast attack challenge. I don't think that's his work..?
    No, the screen-name of the artist whose work is pictured above is actually That Guy, which makes it hard to tell people who you're talking about... But my earlier post is of Blast-Attack by That Guy