Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Motu Redesign Challenge: The story so far..

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Heh, ok. I get it. ^^

But here is an important announcement: If ANYBODY knows that they have saved a lot of Battle_braks work, then you can help us out here! He did a redesign of Evil Robot, that he won the challenge with, and we need that design, but Battle_brak doesn't have it himself anymore.

SO, any of you guys have a really cool, sketchy version of the EVIL ROBOT lying around..?

This seems like a never-ending quest... where you are doomed to fail ultimately...

This here darn detective-work is sucking out all of the juice out of this once proud Challenge! I truly hope all of you that are fan of this tradition on the org can forgive me for what I have done... putting this challenge on hold for so long, all because of this one step in its evolution.

But... I'm sad to say, that I will still soldier on, until all hope of ever completing the list is lost forever. I can still manage to see some sliver of a hope far, far down this long road, and I will try to see it trough yet.

So, with all the moaning and groaning out of the way, I hereby give you folks the list of entries/characters that have either not yet been completed, or identified.

If anybody that reads this can help out with info, then please, speak up.

#19 Dylamug
    ------------------
    ???

#18 ??
    -------------

#16 Adora
    -------------
    ????

#15 Horde Elephant/Mammoth prototype
    -------------------------------------------
    I believe either gBagok or J-sun won this one? Because I recall Iceman being sad he didn't win.

#14 The Rock People
    -----------------------
    ??????

#10 ????
    --------------

#9 ????
    --------------

#7 ????
    --------------

#5 Lizard Man

-----------------
    ?

#4 Frosta
    -----------------
    ?

#3 ?

-----------------

#1 Blast Attack
    -------------------
    Battle_Brak's ( he's looking for this image)

#? Optikk
    -------------------
    2-bad's
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ikk2copy-1.jpg

#? Goat-Man
    -------------------
    Battle_Brak's
    http://www.he-man.org/site_sects/fan...mages/1826.jpg
    Last edited by Eamon; September 6, 2007 at 06:21pm. Reason: Back to back!

Hmmm... That's frustrating. Those are all so far back that they pre-date my joining, plus don't seem to be archived (at least not the images), and fail all web-searching ingenuity I have at my disposal. You may just have to either create new challenges for those characters, or just label them "MIA" on your poster...
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Dylamug was 2-bad Im pretty sure and Lizard Man was Dr. Omega I think (the frilled techno version we used in Slave City)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

AHA!! Thank you Iceman!!

Now.. I must PM both Doc Omega and 2-bad immediately! Or do you know where they ussually hang online when they're not on the org?

I can check all challngenumebers in weekend (believe so). I think some winners were:

Adora < Black Mary? I think winning one was force captain style Adora with side pose and green sunglasses.

Rock People < This was dr. Omega or Battle Brak. I think it was dr. Omega (those two had so much similarities with their wonderful style that I get confused with them).

I will write soon more...

EDIT: #18 was Granamyr. I remember I did his picture just after Saurod contest. There were only 3 or so pictures of Granamyr and I did't win. I guess winner was closer fo Filmation Granamyr (my was very close to minicomic and third one was custom figure.

Then I think Slave master & Jawbreaker are missing in first page list. I beleieve Goat-man was eithre challenge #10 or #9. More information is coming...
    Last edited by Monikasvo; September 7, 2007 at 05:56am. Reason: Last sentences
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Moni, you are a life-saver! Keep that info comin'.

EDIT: All right guys, we've still got four unknown redesigns, but only 3 possible designs that we know of to chose from.

Hmm.. anybody who can think of a fourth?
    Last edited by Predabot; September 7, 2007 at 01:05pm.

#3 Brak/Flogg is the missing character. (I think this was actually #4 and Frosta was #3. Maybe there's last modified date in my pictures, have to check...). Winner was either Iceman or J-sun (here's J-suns picture. I think he made it throught very tigh poll
    http://www.new-adventures.de/bilder/fans/12_0.jpg

#7 Goat man - I'm pretty sure it was Battlebrak who was winner. This was contest with 10 or even more entries. I have very small picture of this image (I printed it as asticker... )

#9 Optikk

#10 Slave master & Jawbreaker. There were 3 or 2 entries and my did't win. Maybe 2-bad?

#16. Yes, it was Black Mary. That was the winning picture.

EDIT: No, no, I got one thing wrong. I checked "last modified dates" from some of my works. Blast-Attack challenge was made 24.2.2004 and that was first one. Frosta was just before Brak/Flogg challenge.

Slave Master & Jawbreaker were made 24.10. 2004 and Optik in end of November, so Optik was #10 and Slave master& JB were #9. Wonderful that you can keep on with this, Predabot!
    Last edited by Monikasvo; September 7, 2007 at 02:45pm. Reason: Info added
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Lookin' good, lookin' good... There's not much left here lads, not much at all. Soon.. we'll hit the BIG jackpot!!

Also, 2-bad and Dr Omega have told me they're looking for they're design-pics and I'll probably have them in my possession shortly.

MONI: gBagok revealed his version of Granamyr in one of his threads, do you remember if he entered into that challenge?

I have naturally made updates to the master-list at the first page with the latest findings.
    Last edited by Predabot; September 7, 2007 at 02:46pm.

gbagok did't enter to that Granamyr contest. It was somehow lame with just few entries (and my version was the last in poll ).

BTW in first list is missing #20. That was He-ro and winner was dr. Omega. (version with old style hawk-sorceress helmet)

About Frosta challenge winner could be cacci. There were suprisingly few entries and his barbarian Frosta with Ice-axe get lots of votes. I'm not sure again, but Bearshow was that time out of contest. He had made his Frosta design earlier and did not enter that contest.
    Last edited by Monikasvo; September 7, 2007 at 02:55pm. Reason: Mistake with words lots and lost

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Stonedar

Battle Brak's Evil Robot

Was this the winning Dylamug? I don't know who drew it..

Lizard Man

Dr. Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    No, no, I got one thing wrong. I checked "last modified dates" from some of my works. Blast-Attack challenge was made 24.2.2004 and that was first one. Frosta was just before Brak/Flogg challenge.

Slave Master & Jawbreaker were made 24.10. 2004 and Optik in end of November, so Optik was #10 and Slave master& JB were #9. Wonderful that you can keep on with this, Predabot!
    Yeah, wonderful innit?? But like I said in the first post, without you, my fellow Orgers, it would never EVER be possible...

Have a look at the list, it should be more accurate now. Oooh, we're so close now!

DR OMEGA: Thank you for your contributions! Evil Robot and Lizard Man was sorely needed. The Dylamug isn't 2-bads tho, that's not his style at all. That one belongs to the guy that has a bald man with a mustache and beard for an avatar. Do you recall if you won the Rock People challenge..? Moni was in that challenge too, maybe you can brainstorm and pick each others mind, eh?

All right, folks! Another update is in order to make it easier for you to make out who's still missing.

They are as follows:

#28: Faker II
    --------------
    Baena - GRRR! Mr Baaaertsch!!

#19 Dylamug
    ------------------
    2-bad's ( he's trying to get hold of the picture, technical difficulties for him)

#18 Granamyr
    -----------------
    ???

#15 Horde Elephant/Mammoth prototype
    -------------------------------------------
    I believe either gBagok or J-sun won this one? Because I recall Iceman being sad he didn't win.

#14 The Rock People
    -----------------------
    ??????

#9 Slave master & Jawbreaker
    ---------------------------------
    Who won this one? Beats me...

#4 Brak/Flogg
    -----------------
    J-sun or Iceman. Step up lads.

#3 Frosta
    -----------------
    ???
    Last edited by Predabot; September 8, 2007 at 09:28am.

#14: Dr. Omega won with that particular Stonedar, about that i'm sure.

I remembered that Dylamug was winner, but it could be 2-bad too. Do 2-bad made Slave master too? If so, it is high likely he would win that one.

Servant of Skeletor StarBlazerM31's Avatar
    Wow...it's been so long since I've seen some of these! A very pleasant reminder!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wow, I'm loving all of these, particularly Spikor and Lodar.

I'm interested in seeing how people here would redesign Mossman, Beastman and Merman.

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I won with that stonedar.

I don't recall with the Horde Elephant. I don't think I won, but if it helps jog memories, here is my entry..

And the He-ro I have in the fan art section is not the one I used for the challenge. Here is my entry for that:

Dr. Ω

Thank you guys, the list keeps on filling out. =)

I've PM'ed Baena about Faker II, and I have high hopes that he will be able to recall it, and re-upload it.

I've also PM'ed J-sun and Gbagok to re-post their mammoths in this thread, hopefully we might be able to recall something if we see their entries here, since there are some suspicions that they won the challenge.
    Last edited by Predabot; September 9, 2007 at 12:42pm.

cacci's Frosta had this pose. You can see some of the original lines too. I'm not 100% sure he was winner, but most of the big names (=people, who had lots of winnings & second parts) were out of Frosta contest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...i/motup003.jpg

I dont recall Gbagok entering a Horde Mammoth character...
    I think J-Sun won the Flogg contest.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Wow.. These are gorgeous! I really like the Scareglow and the Green Goddess pics! ..What do you guys use to color and draw with? What program? I am looking for something like that myself. I am getting tired of using MS Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I dont recall Gbagok entering a Horde Mammoth character...
    I think J-Sun won the Flogg contest.
    Indeed... you are right on both accounts. They just told me via PM...

Adjusting list. Errm.. do you recall who won the Mammoth Challenge..?

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    the mammoth was one of the few i entered and if i recall iceman won it
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by SERPOSsSerpentina View Post
    Wow.. These are gorgeous! I really like the Scareglow and the Green Goddess pics! ..What do you guys use to color and draw with? What program? I am looking for something like that myself. I am getting tired of using MS Paint.
    Glad that you like this initiative. Most of us on the site use Photoshop CS, but it's really pro-program and is also kind of expensive.

So, if you're really new to using programs like that, I suggest you do what I did and start out with Paint Shop Pro instead. PSP versions 8, 9 or X will do nicely.

Linkage.

PSP 8
    ------
    http://www.click-now.net/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=0030

PSP 9
    ------
    http://www.click-now.net/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=0440

PSP X
    ------
    http://www.soft32.com/download/63-11...B_TrialESD.exe

I'm really liking that Lizard man Dr. Omega!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

THIS JUST CAME IN: BAENA'S FAKER II REDESIGN CAN NOW BE VIEWED IN THE LIST!!

It looks a bit colourless tho.. what do you say, lads? Should I post a mini-challenge for colouring it?

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    These are truly stupendous! Excelent work!
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS