Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Motu Redesign Challenge: The story so far..

Lodar was a collab with gbagok and myself...
    Spikor, I tied with Bearshow.
    Slavemaster... I think was 2-Bad
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Lodar was a collab with gbagok and myself...
    Spikor, I tied with Bearshow.
    Slavemaster... I think was 2-Bad
    Thanks for the info Ice. The list is being updated.

BTW.. congratulations. You won the Optikk Redesign challenge. ^^
    Last edited by Predabot; September 15, 2007 at 12:36pm.

The Dylamug contest was won by a member named Tytus. This was his entry:

And it was contest #10.

That's a cool Dylamug... that gets things pretty close to complete, doesn't it?
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Shrimp View Post
    That's a cool Dylamug... that gets things pretty close to complete, doesn't it?
    I'm not so sure about that Dylamug yet, since some people recall it as if 2-bad had won the contest.

I'm going to make a count of what is still missing in the list, lads! Indeed, not much left.

#18 Granamyr
    -----------------
    Ever elusive...

#15 Horde Elephant/Mammoth prototype
    -------------------------------------------
    Did Iceman truly win this one..? I really, really recall him being sad not winning.. J-sun also recalls it that way..

#3 Frosta
    -----------------
    ? Well... beats me??

#1 Blast Attack
    -------------------
    Battle_Brak's ( he's looking for this image) But if anyone is a Brak-fan, and you save his work, can you please check your stash if you have a Blast Attack by him? Then send it to me.
    Last edited by Predabot; September 20, 2007 at 10:54am.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I'm not so sure about that Dylamug yet, since some people recall it as if 2-bad had won the contest.

I'm going to make a count of what is still missing in the list, lads! Indeed, not much left.

#19 Dylamug
    ------------------
    2-bad's..?

#18 Granamyr
    -----------------
    Ever elusive...

#15 Horde Elephant/Mammoth prototype
    -------------------------------------------
    Did Iceman truly win this one..? I really, really recall him being sad not winning.. J-sun also recalls it that way..

#3 Frosta
    -----------------
    ? Well... beats me??

#1 Blast Attack
    -------------------
    Battle_Brak's ( he's looking for this image) But if anyone is a Brak-fan, and you save his work, can you please check your stash if you have a Blast Attack by him? Then send it to me.
    Predabot? Just wondering because im a big fan of the Redesign contest when we will continue with that contest its been months since i last saw a Redesign Contest. We want the redesign contest once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Predabot? Just wondering because im a big fan of the Redesign contest when we will continue with that contest its been months since i last saw a Redesign Contest. We want the redesign contest once again.
    Hmmm... yeah, it would be awesome to get the retrospective on the whole event so far in poster form, but I'd also love to see some new art, too...
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Movie mayhem!
    Agreed, yes more, i miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Hmm well, maybe you're right...

I'm going to go ahead and post a preparation-thread, to get some ideas about what characters haven't been redesigned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I think I remember quite well since itīs the only contest which Iīve ever won. Ivotas = Tytus. 2-bad was close second.

I think you're right Ivotas.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I think I remember quite well since itīs the only contest which Iīve ever won. Ivotas = Tytus. 2-bad was close second.
    Really?? Well, then I'm going to go and update the list then.

PS: You're the guy with the beard that I recalled!

EDIT: Only 4 more entries left to sort out... the end is nigh. Does ANYbody have a clue as to who won the Granamyr-contest?? I believe there were only 3 entries, one of them a custom, another Moni's, and the third last one, was apparently the winner...
    Last edited by Predabot; September 20, 2007 at 10:56am.

I recently received an e-mail from some trustworthy peeps about some changes to the list, wherein some of the first entries may have ended up wrong.

I've therefore made a few changes, but I'd like to hear from you guys what you think of these changes? Are they sort of on the ball with what you can recall?

Man, I wish joined this list sooner. I would've loved to have entered some of my entries. A lot of the winners look really awesome though the link for the Catra one didn't work and I don't think there was one for Frosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    Man, I wish joined this list sooner. I would've loved to have entered some of my entries. A lot of the winners look really awesome though the link for the Catra one didn't work and I don't think there was one for Frosta.
    I just fixed the Catra link.

As to Frosta... What's the story there?

Maybe we run that one again... Give me another excuse NOT to finish that one I started... Oh... So long ago...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I just fixed the Catra link.

As to Frosta... What's the story there?

Maybe we run that one again... Give me another excuse NOT to finish that one I started... Oh... So long ago...
    Thanks for fixing the link. Catra looks great.
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Wow! So many amazing pieces have come and gone. I still remember drooling over gbagok's Scorpia and 2-Bad's Slush Head, and I hated NA He-Man.

Huntresse & Baena: Frosta challnge was one of the first challenges. There were only few entries (I think 4-5) with Frosta challenge and many of them were from people who haven't take a part of challenges in a long time. Redesign Challenge was a new thing and when some of the big names of early were away (maybe because if you were outside of forum 2 weeks, then challlenge is over), Frosta get slipped from spotlight.

Maybe I shuold show my Frosta & Granamyr pics. If that would help people remember the context/contest.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Huntresse & Baena: Frosta challnge was one of the first challenges. There were only few entries (I think 4-5) with Frosta challenge and many of them were from people who haven't take a part of challenges in a long time. Redesign Challenge was a new thing and when some of the big names of early were away (maybe because if you were outside of forum 2 weeks, then challlenge is over), Frosta get slipped from spotlight.

Maybe I shuold show my Frosta & Granamyr pics. If that would help people remember the context/contest.
    Most definitely! Please show! Did gbagok show his early Frosta design?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Yes, I do think that would help quite a bit.

Jeesh... this list is like the biggest detective work in the history of the .org! Well ok, maybe not bigger than Wonderbread He-man...

PS: I recently heard that J-SUN may have won the mammoth redesign challenge?? Does anybody know if he entered the challenge?
    Last edited by Predabot; October 20, 2007 at 11:36am.

Predabot: J-Sun entered mammoth challenge with a huge sized mammoth. It could be the winning one. I remember, that Iceman get lot of votes too, but I can't say if winner was J-Sun or Iceman or even some other.

Baena:

I think gbagok started to enter challenges later. Because Frosta was one of the first challenges, I think many of long time painters did't just started to enter. Frosta winner could be Bearshow, but somehow I think he did't post his older Frosta design to contest. Maybe winner was cacci or someone, who's style is quit similar to osgood's style.

Granamyr was just after Saurod contest. I planned that time Icon of Evil: saurod comic, but I made only something like 2,5 pages and started another motu comic
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&page=1&pp=25
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

I think I remember Cacci's... I can't say if Bearshow's was entered then or not...

I just vaguely remember those early contests.

I remember Cacci's quite well, and that he also didn't have time to complete it entirely for the challenge? He did some colour-work on it later.

I also believe the Pig Boy commented something about him using too many Frank Frazetta poses & pieces for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus View Post
    My one entry, my one win.

Felinor, Rebellious Girmulkin Horde Accolyte

I can email you a higher-res attachment as well if you like.

D/L
    Is Felinor a fan-created character? I don't remember him from back in the day. He rocks.

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    Is Felinor a fan-created character? I don't remember him from back in the day. He rocks.
    Nope. He is from Fuerza-T.

Dr. Ω