View Poll Results: Which version of King Hsss do you prefer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Design.

45 30.82%
  • New Design.

101 69.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Hsss Poll.

King Hsss Poll.

I was thinking that I would liked to have seen how Filmation would have drawn King Hsss...and how the Four Horsemen said they did NOT design the new King Hsss...

I imagine they would have been more faithful to the original design..Which, IMO was far creepier...

Do you like the New or Old Design..?..

And would you like to see what the Four Horsemen had in mind?...I know I would.

/
    Last edited by SKELEPIMP; April 14, 2007 at 06:39pm.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Heroic Warrior
    Hard to say. I like both, but the classic is certainly the creepiest.

Courtesy of TOKYONEVER, here's the card art

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/cardback/kinghissback.jpg

That's just creepy.
    Last edited by motu2002; April 14, 2007 at 05:49pm.

Yeah, I like it...

I think it has a better design in terms of Hsss trying to look like a good guy and just looking like a total creep...Like a crazy neighbor or something...The new design it's just too apparent he's evil before turning into snake form...I think, anyway...

I never thought King Hiss looked like a good guy in the mini comics (which was the only place I saw him in any kind of classic continuity). I know that was meant to be the idea on the card back, but he always looked so evil in human form in the comics. I liked that with the mask he had kind of a fun resemblance to Zartan and Serpentor from GI Joe. I liked that better than making him look outright demonic as a human.

However, to me what was really great with the original, and totally ruined with the new, was his situation in the mini comics' stories. His uneasy alliance with Skeletor was a great balance of power as opposed to Skeletor's war with Hordak, and I loved how Hiss was always trying to free his army from the Abyss--giving him a long-term goal to reach for and a means of always bringing in new villains we've never seen before. I think the MYP version was a total waste of all these villainous virtues. Instead of the full force of the Snake Men acting as an overhanging threat to Eternia, they all got out right away and were proven to be total losers within two episodes. Bad enough that they were all defeated in the past by somebody else--they got beaten again right away! I liked that Rattlor had some presence, and the Snake Spire was pretty cool in Second Skin, and the final fight with Serpos was a decent climax...but on the whole I think the Snake Men story was a let down--and it kind of makes me happy that they never got to possibly ruin the Horde in the same way.

I would absolutely love to see the Horsemen redesign Hiss. Mattel gave the MYP version their blessing though, and I doubt they're going to go back on that now (not without approving new story to back up the changed appearance, which sounds like it'll happen when green tigers talk). I wish we could at least see just a concept sketch though. I liked the toon version a lot better than the toy interpetation, but I think that's due more to the action feature and had the Horsemen done it their own way from the beginning it would have been superior.

I just found the Homecoming comic for the first time today, and that version of Hiss is my favorite.

The HOMECOMING version of King Hiss is my favorite too! That is totaly how the character should have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    The HOMECOMING version of King Hiss is my favorite too! That is totaly how the character should have been done.
    Wasn't he kind of like Don Juan in that?...

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Here are some Filmation Hiss pics I made a LOOooooong time ago:

And yeah, I like the old helmet and the creepy smile Hiss had. I would have loved to see the 4H's take on Hsss..

Dr. Ω

The new one.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Classic!!!
    nuff' said

The classic toy design was better. I would love to see what the 4H had in mind for him. I think a sub-line of 4H concepts would be awesome.

For the most part I prefer the new version, but I still like the human aspect of the original. I prefer the idea that his human form is actually a charismatic, almost handsome person, someone who is so charismatic that you end up letting your guard down whether you mean to or not. The fact that he's a hidious, venemous evil snake underneath just makes him that much scarier.

I don't know, I guess I would just have found him to be a creepier villain if he appeared like the kind of human leader that you feel compelled to like, until he sheds his skin and reveals how terrible he really is.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega View Post

And yeah, I like the old helmet and the creepy smile Hiss had. I would have loved to see the 4H's take on Hsss..

Dr. Ω
    That's pretty groovy!...I think I saw a few others I liked...I think Innershade did one...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega View Post

Dr. Ω

Oh man looking at these two pics right here makes me wish he had appeared on the classic show.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would had liked to had seen the 4hm version, liked the classic hiss but liked the newer version better.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I think if people saw the Four Horsemen's version...which, I imagine would have looked a LOT more like the Classic...This poll would be different...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP View Post
    I think if people saw the Four Horsemen's version...which, I imagine would have looked a LOT more like the Classic...This poll would be different...

Definitely!!! The toon Hsss is a weak design.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I... don't actually know wich design I like the most..? Would you be ok with adding a "ah dunno..?"-option to the poll, Skelepimp? I'm sure a kind mod could do that for you.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I'd love to see what the 4HM would do with the classic King Hsss.
    The 200X version did nothing for me... I think it was his colour scheme, I don't know; I felt as though it was all over the place.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for the new design by mistake. Not sure what's wrong with me.

Anyway, the new design is nice for what it is, but for the character I prefer the older version. If that were a new character instead of a redesign of King Hsss, it'd be a different story.

What's so special about a guy in green bandages? Too many of the classics characters were just muscular guys in tights.

So my impression of the Snakemen on the show was correct... and I only saw little bits of two episodes, and early one and a later one. (then again, how many episodes did they last?)
    Still, that has little to do with the design.

I definitely find the new one more interesting.

Yeah, the new one kinda has an Egyptian look to him, rather than merely being a guy in green bandages.

Hmm. I read them more like snake scale armor than bandages. Either way I don't like the new one more.

I never liked the design of the old king hiss. I dont' know why, I just always thought his human form looked totally stupid. So I much prefer the new design. If only the action feature would have been handled properly...
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

I think the King Hsss staction will have to be a double pack on a twin base, one staction for his human form and the other for his snake form.