View Poll Results: Which version of King Hsss do you prefer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Design.

45 30.82%
  • New Design.

101 69.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King Hsss Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23 View Post
    Hmm, I have that Snake but my sword looks a little different:

Image Link

Still, great work!
    Thats interesting. My Harry Potter snake toy came with the sword that my Hiss custom is holding. Thats what it came with in Canada. Both swords look cool.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 9, 2007 at 01:51pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23 View Post
    Hmm, I have that Snake but my sword looks a little different:

Image Link

Still, great work!
    That's a cool pic, got any more?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Really is Skeletor
    http://www.metrocast.net/~tylerm23/Art/Snake/

That's kind of odd that it had two different swords... especially since that one looks more substantial than the one in mine... ah well, perhaps I can trade for one someday.

Also, the gallery above is the sort of thing that makes me vote classic Hiss.
    Tyler J Maciolek

As it seems to me the new Hsss was a bit of a let down. Though his character design was cool (a little too Egyptian... since when is Egypt situated on Eternia?) it really didn't do much for his character. The snakemen were pretty big losers. I think it would have been much cooler if the introduced Hsss inconspicuously as one of the masters; a suave handsome man with some mysterious powers (perhaps a bit of romantic entanglement with Teela, he could give her a lovely cobra headdress...). Having him discard his human guise halfway through the season and reveal his intention of freeing his snakemen from the abyss (perhaps a bit too Conan the barbarian?) could be a great plot device and would have at least made him distinct. The MYP villains all seemed pretty similar at their core; ugly guys yearnin' for all the powers of Grayskull. A Filmation version would have been loads more fun.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

I just want a new version snake form. The human form on the figure is good enough for me.

I'd go with the new look any day. I used to hate the old fig, however the snake form was cool. But the MYP Hsss is my absolute favourite out of all the redesigned characters MYP gave us...so I'll stick with the new Hsss. The egyptian type motif works very well for me.

As for the concept of him tricking the Masters, i always felt it was loose. Skeletor tricked them umpty number of times disguised as different humans in the old show, but King Hsss in his single human form, wouldn't have been very convincing. It was a fun mini comic read but apart from that, i feel that concept really took away alot from the classic version.
    Last edited by 2-bad; June 13, 2007 at 05:49am.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I have to admit, I was never too keen on King Hiss in any form really. As discussed on this thread on the vintage forum, he just didn't seem identifiable enough as the leader of a band of warriors; he just didn't really appeal to me. I liked what they did with the Mike Young Productions more, making King Hssss the Snake Men's 'idol', but the more interesting and formidable General Rattlor the general leader of the Snake Men.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    The classic mini-comic version...
    Wow, I really changed my mind on this one. :-s
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/