View Poll Results: vote for your TWO favorite characters!!!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Howlor

22 26.51%
  • Pandora

16 19.28%
  • Bull Headed

13 15.66%
  • Butt Head

6 7.23%
  • Desphendor

19 22.89%
  • Malbino

12 14.46%
  • Barret

1 1.20%
  • Totem

8 9.64%
  • Thistle

36 43.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COTU Fan Character Contest - semi-finals "WARRIORS"

COTU Fan Character Contest - semi-finals "WARRIORS"

vote for your TWO favorite characters!!!

Howlor - chrisbryan

He was taken by Skeletor from his home in the vine jungle. skeletor bound him in the same chains that he used to control and bind the dragon as dragon blaster skeletor. Howl-lor is calm and calculating and deadly.

Pandora - Innershade

Bull Headed - IdiotFool

Large, male Minotaurian evil warrior. He uses his head as a battering ram to knock out his enemies.

Bull Headed was a simple farmer, but the use of his battering ability to crack stones and other objects that needed breaking around the farm brought him to the attention of Skeletor. Utilizing Beastman's psychic abilities, Skeletor has enslaved the simple farmer to help him in his plan to breach the walls of Castle Grayskull!

Butt Head - Spacedust

Bio / Origin:
    The latest addition to Skeletor’s ever growing band of Evil Warriors is Butt-Head. Originating from the planet Bullarius, Butt-Head is an arrogant, obnoxious bovine-creature. When he gets angry or is facing an enemy, he can launch his head off of his shoulders at high-speed, “head-butting” opponents. Oh, and he hates the colour red. Watch out Orko!!
    Last edited by skeletoncrew; April 17, 2007 at 05:54pm.

Desphendor - Innershade

Malbino - bootleg

PROFILE: MALBINO is a virtually unrivaled master of stealth and the sword. His sole concern in life is furthering his mastery of the blade by annihilating any and all who would be his rivals. As a result, he is unapologetically belligerent, even towards his so-called allies. He is armed with a replica of He-Man's power sword, forged by the same master sword-maker who created Felinor's counterfeit blade. It is unknown exactly how many of these forgeries exist. Intense light has been known to blind Malbino temporarily, but due to the fact that he is an expert blind-fighter as well, this knowledge is of little use.

HISTORY: Originally hailing from one of the most remote corners of Eternia, Malbino studied swordplay under the same teacher as his bitter rival, Tri-Klops. He has travelled the world, seeking out and ruthlessly slaying anyone whom he considers a master of the blade. In spite of having carved a bloody path of destruction through the martial world of Eternia, Malbino is little known, largely due to the fact that he has no interest in public glory and rarely leaves witnesses. Having heard that his old rival is engaged in on-going conflict with He-Man, owner of one of the true power swords, Malbino travelled to Snake Mountain to offer his services to Skeletor, determined to kill the opponent that Tri-Klops has failed to defeat. Malbino's violent and efficient methods earned Skeletor's respect, and in spite of Tri-Klop's warnings, Skeletor has made Malbino one of his lieutenants. However, the wandering swordmaster has no real interest in Skeletor's conflicts, he is merely interested in finding more masters of swordsmanship to vanquish. In addition to He-Man, Malbino has set his sights on She-Ra, and a skirmish with the Aracnos forces introduced him to Felinor, whom he took great interest in, for obvious reasons. Even amongst Skeletor's other lieutenants, Malbino has made few allies--he has nearly come to blows with Ninjor and Blade on numerous occasions. However, he has also told Tri-Klops this: "Out of respect for our Master, I will kill you last. For now, we are allies."

Barret - Patreek

One of the Eternian Triplets Barret was once apart of the royal guard. He serves along side his brother Iland however the two never knew they were brothers. The grew to be quite close however as the continued to both rise to the top of the ranks. Eventually barrett rose to the ability of Catian Teela. It was around this time that his latent telekenitic abilities started to show themselves. Always the cocky one Barrett felt he was above the others around him, and when Teela was granted Captian he was enraged. He defected from the royal gaurd and joined the ranks of Skeletor.

His armor remains basically the same although he wears a different black tunic beneath instead of the green... he also modified his armor with skeleton bones in homage to his new master....Skeletor.

Totem - Patreek

Totem is a sort of Shaman, druid hybrid with powerful totems and witchdoctor magic at his finger tips... but also the ability to change into different eternian animals... such as shadow beasts, tigers, etc... No one has ever seen his face behind the mask, but it is said that he has changed form so often that his face is a mess of their traits all blended into one ugly mess...

Thistle - Heftysmurf76

Thorny Sorceress of Nature!
    The sorceress known as Thistle is not as bad as many of her evil counterparts, but she adamantly defends nature, sometimes with a little too much gusto. Thistle has been known to scorn Twiggets who step on dead branches or pick one too many thaymoreberries. Thistle can make plants grow large and come to life, and her favorite past-time is using her thorns and sharp edges to cut away at rebels nets!

so many good entries! it's tough to vote, even though we get to choose two in this first round...

Howlor: nice drawing--i like his powerful build and that wicked axe. the re-use of the dragon-blaster armor is perfect, and the name suits classic MOTU well.
    Pandora: great design and colors. i like the modifications to the 'warrior goddess' mold, and the presentation is top notch.
    Desphendor: ditto on the presentation; love the wicked-looking weapons and the cool gimmick. i really should have added a gimmick to my entry.
    Barret: cool concept, and i really like the evil version of the MAA armor.
    Totem: again cool concept, though i wish you had shown his mixed-up face!
    Thistle: as i said elsewhere--great concept, great drawing, and great colors!

however, my vote had to go to...
    Bull Headed and Butt Head ... the bull brothers! okay, i know they weren't presented as brothers, but both of these guys struck me as the most fitting for the classic MOTU setting. on top of that, i like how bull headed is very muted and somber, while butt head is vibrant and obnoxious. i could really see them as brothers-- butt head as the trouble maker who got involved with a bad crowd, but when his brother, the 'good son' gets brainwashed by beast man, he begins to re-think his allegiance to skeletor. anyways, i know that this is all speculation on my part, but the fact that these two characters immediately were so evockative to me demonstrates their "play value", yes? good work!
    Last edited by bootleg; April 18, 2007 at 11:45am. Reason: fixed typo
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

My thoughts and votes

Two votes and I'm already stuck - some really good ideas put forward.

A few of my favourites are:
    • Howlor - I really like the design of this character. 200x-wise he would be one of those "massive chunk of plastic" figures like Beast Man and Whiplash. But even as a vintage figure I think he would work well, and I as a kid would have loved this figure.
    • Pandora - a much welcome female addition to the Evil Warrior ranks.
    • Bull Headed - great minds think alike (except I'm not a great mind) I could really imagine this being released as a MOTU figure.
    • Desphendor - I really like this one; it has character yet a simple feel, as of the other earlier figures (as opposed to the rather gimmick-driven later releases). Again I would have loved this as a kid; there should have been more gladiator-type warriors in the line IMO.
    • Totem - A nice concept of a style of figure MOTU didn't tape in to. Maybe Mattel would have said it was a little too dark and un-child friendly (you know how Mattel's minds work!), but as an idea, I like it.

Of course, the ones I haven't mentioned are great too; I've been really impressed by the range of ideas brought to the table in this contest.

Hard choice, but I think my votes will have to go to Howlor and Desphendor, because they have a lot of character and would fit perfectly into the MOTU line.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I went for Malbino and Bull-head. It was a hard choice all of them were great!

Chris

keep the votes comin' guys...

i'll save my comments on the characters till after they've been voted out...apparently you can only have one poll going at a time(i don't know why) so the polls will be open for however long the COTU thinks they should be...they will be closed once all COTU members have voted...

I'd be interested to know if people are voting on artistic talent, sheer concept (and / or action feature), bio, or a mixture of the three.

Personally I am trying to go for a mix of all. It's great to have a good piece of artwork to look at, but at the same time a good bio really fleshes the character out, and most importantly for me is how it would work as a figure (and how much fun it would be to play with!)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I went pretty much with sheer design-concept, sprinkled with a dash of "What design could COTU do most effectively"

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Very tough choices to make, but I went with Malbino, because A) I love his look B) He would really work as a classic figure with his beastman head, tri-klops armor, sy-clone legs, and replica power-sword C) His bio is also very cool. I also went with Totem, because I really like having a Voodoo / witch-doctor character, because it is very dark, mysterious, and despite being magical, is something the old MotU never really touched base on, sticking mainly with the sword-and-sorcery, high-fantasy type.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

It was a really hard choice. So many good ideas. In the end I went with characters who I thought were interesting and not seen before. I narrowed it down to Pandora, Totem and Malbino.

But in the end there can only be...err...two, so it was Pandora and Totem. Apart from the need of another female to the ranks (Though Evil Lynn would never allow it), I like her backstory and her look. Totem, I just see alot of possibilities. And its something that I don't think has been done before in the original MOTU.

Alas, Malbino was very cool. I still like him, but his facial expression creeps me.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I forgot to mention Malbino. I think he's a really cool character, but I phased him out of my voting as he (with all due respect to the excellent bootleg) is very much a "what can you do with existing parts", whereas some others have cool new concepts. (But that's not criticism, just how I narrowed my voting down)
    Last edited by Spacedust; April 17, 2007 at 05:21pm. Reason: Duh, I was being stupid! (half asleep)
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    Pandora, all the way. She's cute and creepy at the same time.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Whooo hoo Thistle! I love the colors, reminds me of a earthy Netossa
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I love Thistle too. I just think she'd be more at home in Princess of Power - if there is a POP contest she'll be a force to be reckoned with!
    ~jay firestorm~

looks like i forgot to put that you can vote for your TWO favorite characters(i had all kinds of trouble putting these polls up yesterday)...i PMed everybody that only voted for one, remember you CAN and SHOULD vote for your TWO top favorites...

Lycan
    Beside the one I voted for, Howlor is pretty neat.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Heroic Warrior
    If you'd like my second vote, which I missed, add one for Howlor.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    my second vote goes to pandora... which i also missed!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

A big fan of Slush Head
    I voted for Howlor and Pandora! They rule.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    malbino +1

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    My second vote is for Totem

Dr. Ω

I voted for Malbino, my second vote would be for Howlor.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Um, for some reason a lot of peoples 2nd votes aren't showing up... there should be 88 votes but their are only 70......and some have mentioned the two they voted for but only show up voting for one

The bigger they are... Innershade's Avatar
    I believe it's ...hem... poll's "magic"
    Need a comission? PM me...