Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Network, who signed up?

WWE Network, who signed up?

Being a fan of wrestling for the past 30+ years, so much so I invested thousands into creating my own wrestling toyline, this network is like a dream come true! $9.99 a month is ridiculous for the amount of content they are offering, its like Netflix pooped out a wrestling network

I signed up this morning, took me about 45min to get through the crush on the servers but once I got signed up my access was instant on the PS3.

I switched to my HTPC Mac tonight to watch the RAW Pre-Show which was awesome and some of the specials like the retrospective of Goldust gives me hope WWE will really being to use their archive to celebrate the history of the sport.

It was a smart move to partner with the people who run MLB, the live streaming was amazing in quality and gives me hope that Wrestlemania will stream without a hitch
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think it's value for money too considering how much content they're making available. If it was available to o/seas fans (unfortunately not until 2015), I def would've signed up straight away. I read that there was extremely high demand which slowed down the stream or something or rather.

Glad that I won't need a cable platform to watch, rather, I can watch on my Mac or something portable when it becomes available here. Just thinking about how much content I'll miss for this year!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I probably will at some point. The main reason I'm likely to get it is for the PPVs. I'm not sure if I'll wait closer to Wrestlemania, so I can squeeze in another PPV into the 6 months. I get the feeling it won't take long for a price jump, especially if DirecTV and Dish Network drop their PPVs.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I signed up for the free preview. I'll be signing up for the full 6 months. If you get one PPV every six months, it's a no-brainer.

Add to that the back catalogue of PPV's (I just watched the Dreamy Samoan Prince Roman Reigns' coming out party at Survivor Series last night) and stuff like NXT (which is probably the best wrestling show on TV right now), and there was no way I wasn't going all-in on this.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Being a fan of wrestling for the past 30+ years, so much so I invested thousands into creating my own wrestling toyline, this network is like a dream come true! $9.99 a month is ridiculous for the amount of content they are offering, its like Netflix pooped out a wrestling network
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's because of all the libraries they(WWE) bought. But I saw on my favorite wrestling news site that of all they got we'll only see like 1.5% of it. I don't remember exactly but it was along that line. I don't remember now which ones they have but I do know it's more than just WCW and ECW. another 2/3 more on top of that.

I thought about starting a thread or a poll on it.

I got it yesterday. I got it for my desktop.

I've been watching the free trial some. I've tried to play the very first Monday Night Raw and Summerslam 1999 on my Kindle Fire, but they both keep freezing up on me. Anybody else having issues?

If I was still watching WWE I'd bite for sure but the current product is garbage. After 35+ years of watching wrestling, it's a shame WWE's product finally killed my interest in pro wrestling last year.

Honestly if I did sign up, I'd probably only watch the classic stuff like WCCW, AWA, NWA, GCW, pre-Bishoff WCW....to me that would be the main attraction of the channel.

I was at RAW last night and my son asked me to get it because everyone was talking about it around us but I just dont see us watching it that much. Wonder if they'll still have the free trial during Wrestlemania?!

I've gone on a few wrestling forums and it sounds like others have had issues with playing past shows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I was at RAW last night and my son asked me to get it because everyone was talking about it around us but I just dont see us watching it that much. Wonder if they'll still have the free trial during Wrestlemania?!
    Probably not. But if you get even one PPV (Mania?) in the six month timeframe, it pays for itself.

As for issues, I think they are still having issues on Apple mobile platforms. It still won't play on my iPhone, but it works fine on my computer at home.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    No.

This week only

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I've gone on a few wrestling forums and it sounds like others have had issues with playing past shows as well.
    Freeze up no. Never ending buffering yes.

I almost did, but got bumped down in priorities recently. I still might in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    just saw this on my favorite wrestling news site. They got it from some other person's site.

From 8am until 4pm EST, WWE was including order numbers with their confirmation e-mails. Based on these sequential numbers that were collected from fans on social media, Harrington estimates that between 8am and 4pm EST, there were more than 130,000 sign-ups. Some time just after 4pm, WWE stopped putting the numbers in the e-mails. There’s no way to estimate how evening traffic and RAW boosted sign-ups.

Harrington notes that if we pretend there was no change in order momentum after 4pm EST, the data could suggest that day one of the Network ended with a little over 251,000 sign-ups, plus however many signed up before 8:15am EST. The data could also suggest 439,186 sign-ups but Harrington believes that’s being way too generous.

Harrington’s educated guess was that the Network did between 250,000 and 350,000 sign-ups on day one. As we’ve noted before, WWE revealed that they need 1 million subscribers to break even.

I got this e-mail from the WWE Network:

During tonight's live NXT ArRIVAL special, we unfortunately experienced technical difficulties, which are to be expected when launching a new digital network. We will work aggressively to solve these glitches and deliver quality service. The complete event will be available on-demand overnight.
    I tried watching it on both my regular computer and Kindle Fire and had issues on both. I have to wonder how things will go when something super popular like Wrestlemania happens.

I still haven't been able to get the network to function properly on my iPhone or my wife's iPad. Kind of frustrating. Also, the issue with the NXT ArRIVAL (buffering? I dunno) was kind of irritating, but nothing that a pause for a few seconds didn't clear up.

That having been said, Cesaro/Zayn IV was easily worth the first month's fee. That and Paige (in general, but that Scorpion Crosslock submission she used was insanely cool).

Great, great stuff.

Crita! Yes! Yes! Yes! The All American's Avatar
    I signed up on Monday!

For the most part, I haven't been a full WWF/WWE fan since 2002, but love the classic stuff, and see some really good things going on with the company now (if they can only move out the guys folks are sick of - Cena, Orton, Batista).

I was a WWE 24/7/Classics on Demand subscriber since 2007, and loved it. That was $7.99 a month, so $9.99 isn't bad given all the PPVs included with WWE Network, and a bigger library to access (Classics on Demand only had so many programs available at a time).

I've only watched on my computer and PS3, but it's been smooth other than a few pauses.

Heroic Warrior
    I got that to.

But I'm not really all that concerned for 2 reasons.
    1. I saw most of it.
    2. It should be saved some where on the network. so it shouldn't be to hard to find and watch at any time.

I got this e-mail from the WWE Network:

I tried watching it on both my regular computer and Kindle Fire and had issues on both. I have to wonder how things will go when something super popular like Wrestlemania happens.

I signed up yesterday. I started watching WCW Halloween Havoc 1998 (?) last night.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I have had no issues since launch, but I have been using my Mac to watch everything.

I saw they pushed out a Roku update, a PS3 update, a PS4 update and sent out emails that the Xbox app would be fixed by Tuesday morning at the latest.

So I think things will normalize soon for most everyone, reports all over the net seem to indicate the changes they have made the past 2 days have ironed out a lot of the problems.

Watching the NXT Event live just made me giddy, that was as close an ECW like atmosphere I have seen in the past decade. Loved that it was more about the talent then some senseless story and poop and fart jokes like the modern era has given us.

Can't wait for WM coming up.

And I read today they are going to start adding in Saturday Nights Main Event and Clash of the Champions in the weeks leading up to WM, then every month add some more old RAW, Nitro, WCCW, and ECW with AWA and Stampede Wrestling coming later in the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I still haven't been able to get the network to function properly on my iPhone or my wife's iPad. Kind of frustrating. Also, the issue with the NXT ArRIVAL (buffering? I dunno) was kind of irritating, but nothing that a pause for a few seconds didn't clear up.

That having been said, Cesaro/Zayn IV was easily worth the first month's fee. That and Paige (in general, but that Scorpion Crosslock submission she used was insanely cool).
    Cesaro/Zayn reminded me of the old RVD/Jerry Lynn matches in ECW that were amazing to watch. And that Scorpion Crosslock made me go which is really hard to do given that I have been watching wrestling since I was about 3
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It seemed like a lot of people had issues with the NXT Arrival main event. It kept on freezing on me and going back to the Xavier Woods vs Tyler Breeze match.

It seemed like a lot of people had issues with the NXT Arrival main event. It kept on freezing on me and going back to the Xavier Woods vs Tyler Breeze match.
    Yeah my friends PS3 locked up on him, I had only a few hiccups but no freezes or anything like that. From what i read only the people using the PS3 and Roku apps were hit really hard with errors/freezes. I used my Mac HTPC and was able to watch the entire event from start to finish live, and my friend switched to his Macbook after the Ps3 app locked up and had no issues after that.

But like I said they pushed out new players Friday morning on almost all the systems so I "assume" that was aimed to fix whatever plagued the live stream. We can hope anyway, they have a few debut episodes of NXT to work with it (I can't remember if that is live Thurs night or not) and then the Hall of Fame before the ultimate test of Wrestlemania.

If I had to guess its a mix of the amount of people accessing the streams coupled with the fact that the app players use different software to stream (the Mac and PC use the same silverlight type of tech that Netflix uses, the apps do not)

Since MLB Network is taking care of the servers I think they just need to adjust to how WWE runs and its fans, because its definitely not the same segmented population that watches a variety of MLB games at one time.

The one thing that annoys me is that it won't pick up a show where I left off. I've had to stop watching the same PPV three times and each time I go back, I've had to fast forward to where I was. Netflix can do it, why can't WWE?

Also, when is this going to start working with my PS3 remote? Again, Netflix does.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Just a heads up WWE Main Event will be live every Tuesday from now till Wrestlemania, along with airing NXT live that should be enough for them to test the servers with live events so that at least little glitches don't bring down the servers

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have had no issues since launch, but I have been using my Mac to watch everything.

I saw they pushed out a Roku update, a PS3 update, a PS4 update and sent out emails that the Xbox app would be fixed by Tuesday morning at the latest.

So I think things will normalize soon for most everyone, reports all over the net seem to indicate the changes they have made the past 2 days have ironed out a lot of the problems.

Watching the NXT Event live just made me giddy, that was as close an ECW like atmosphere I have seen in the past decade. Loved that it was more about the talent then some senseless story and poop and fart jokes like the modern era has given us.

Can't wait for WM coming up.

And I read today they are going to start adding in Saturday Nights Main Event and Clash of the Champions in the weeks leading up to WM, then every month add some more old RAW, Nitro, WCCW, and ECW with AWA and Stampede Wrestling coming later in the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Cesaro/Zayn reminded me of the old RVD/Jerry Lynn matches in ECW that were amazing to watch. And that Scorpion Crosslock made me go which is really hard to do given that I have been watching wrestling since I was about 3

If you were a fan of Cesaro/Zayn (match of the year) you NEED to check out their old rivalry in Ring of Honor. Cesaro was Claudio Castiognolli and Zayn was the generic luchador El Generico. Cesaro was teamed with Chris Hero (Kassius Ohnoo in NXT but recently released) and Zayn with Kevin Steen. Epic matches, Cesaro will be the future of Raw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I signed up on Monday!

For the most part, I haven't been a full WWF/WWE fan since 2002, but love the classic stuff, and see some really good things going on with the company now (if they can only move out the guys folks are sick of - Cena, Orton, Batista).

I was a WWE 24/7/Classics on Demand subscriber since 2007, and loved it. That was $7.99 a month, so $9.99 isn't bad given all the PPVs included with WWE Network, and a bigger library to access (Classics on Demand only had so many programs available at a time).

I've only watched on my computer and PS3, but it's been smooth other than a few pauses.
    I loved Classics on Demand (wwe247) and will miss it. I had it since 2007 too and loved reliving the old wwf Primetime Wrestling and nwa Saturday shows all in order from 07 to 2014. It is a shame it ended because I like the old shows so much better than just watching old ppv's. Im hoping the Network will start showing them in order as well.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I haven't been a wrestling fan since the early-mid 90s. One of my best memories is being at the very first King of the Ring in Ohio. I decided to sign up to have access to the classic stuff.

I've now caught myself watching some of the new stuff and getting in to it. I did run in to my first problems last night...both my ps3 and ps4 kept freezing while watching last years Wrestlemania. I finally just gave up.

Also wish they would put up more Raw episodes. The new eps seem to run through January, with nothing from Feb.