Thread: Dating scam

Heroic Warrior

Dating scam

Iread that a Norwegian woman fell in love with a man online , transfered around 85-90k USD (!) to a man in Equador and was told to transport suitcase with unknown contents , suitcase contained 3 kilos drugs (now there's a surprise huh) and now she might be looking at 15 yrs in jail , on top of the money she lost.

I heard a woman in th US was ripped off 500k in another dating scam.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Things like this could happen all the time. Even dating websites cannot be trusted nowadays.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Things like this could happen all the time. Even dating websites cannot be trusted nowadays.
    To be honest, you DO have to be an imbecile to transfer that kind of money to someone you don't even know. I don't know how these things end up in the news. If it was me, I'd be way too embarassed about my own gullibility to tell anyone what happened.

Heroic Warrior
    It also might be she's pretending to be innocent and actually part of a drug ring........
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Iread that a Norwegian woman fell in love with a man online , transfered around 85-90k USD (!) to a man in Equador and was told to transport suitcase with unknown contents , suitcase contained 3 kilos drugs (now there's a surprise huh) and now she might be looking at 15 yrs in jail , on top of the money she lost.

I heard a woman in th US was ripped off 500k in another dating scam.
    That is just sad. Why would anyone transfer money to someone they don't even know and never met? After the Manti Te'o dating scam, people should be a little more leery of online relationships.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.