Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread (may contain spoilers)

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I don't see why not. They're MMA figures not UFC figures. It doesn't look the UFC is even involved. Do you think he's lost poularity, because of inactivity? Even if he has I'd think he would still be more popular than Tito, or Matt Hughes.
    I just jumped the gun and assumed Zuffa had rights to the figures.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I found the figures this week at Kaybee. They had all 4, but I only bought Randy, and Rampage. They look pretty great sitting on my entertainment center. Now if they'd just make a Forrest Griffin to pose with Rampage before they fight.

Sherk vs. Penn is this weekend. Who you guys pickin'? I'm gonna go with Penn by submission (rear nekkid).

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I just watched the jackson/griffen fight. I agree with the outcome, but I don't think jackson gave it his all. He seemed fine, barely beat on....think it was rigged?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I thought it could have been scored either way, or possibly even a tie (rounds 1 and 4 to Rampage, rounds 2 and 5 to Griffin, round 3 even), but I was still surprised that Forrest got the decision.

As far as it being rigged- no freaking way. Quentin almost finished the fight in the first round, and he caught Forrest with a few other good shots, so he was definitely trying to win. Nobody in their right mind would ever throw a UFC title fight. The amount of money that a champ gets is way more than everyone else, plus sponsorships and endorsements etc. There's just no way.

Now, if you're talking about the decision being rigged, not the fight, than it seems unlikely, but not impossible. The judges work for the NSAC, not Zuffa, but they may consciously, or subconsciously be aware of Griffin's popularity, and be therefore more inclined to lean towards him in a close fight. Bribery by Zuffa seems less likely, since people would go to jail, and the UFC, and maybe all of MMA would be ruined if they got caught.

Edit 7-21-08: Who saw Fedor whoop up on Tim Silvia? Is there any doubt that this guy is the baddest man on the planet?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Guess who is in Vegas for UFC 100! This is great. Went to randy coutures gym today and saw him. Talked with Forest also. Saw Maynard and a few others. UFC fan expo starts tomorrow and I am headed to that too. I also went by the training center, but it was all shut down
    Last edited by GeologyMule; July 10, 2009 at 12:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MMA/MMA Fans Thread

Love MMA? Have a favorite fighter? Favorite fight? Upcoming fight/card you're looking forward to?

Post here!

I am a former fighter and have been a fan since its inception in the United States!

- - - Updated - - -

UFC tonight!

Velasquez vs. Bigfoot!

Hunt vs. Dos Santos!

Teixeira vs. TeHuna!

Grant vs. Maynard!

Noons vs. Cerone!

- - - Updated - - -

All of my picks won!

Velasquez, Dos Santos, Teixeira, Grant, and Cerone! Went 5-5 this night!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I picked all of those right as well, except for Maynard, Grant.

Grant actually looked like a contender! I wasn't sure before that knockout of Maynard!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Yeah that guy came out of nowhere, (at least for me) I watch every card and I don't remember seeing him before. There are just so many fights now, I can't keep track. Back when there were only a few cards a year I knew every fighter, who they'd faced and how they'd done. Now, not so much.

I know all the fighters who fight on the main cards. I was very much aware of TJ Grant - he had been on a four-fight winning streak - but I was not too excited when it was announced that he and Maynard would be fighting for a title shot. However, Grant made a statement. I'm sure Henderson will win the title fight, though, and probably by decision, though a 4th or 5th round TKO or submission is possible.

I find Anderson Silva amazing. Everyone tries to emulate or copy him. I can't wait for Weidman/Silva. I think Weidman has the best chance of any middleweight.

I'm not a huge MMA fan (although we did DVDs for both UFC and PRIDE at various times at BCI), but I was at a BBQ with Glover and a bunch of guys from "The Pit" on Sunday after the fight. Maybe half a dozen fighters, but Chuck Liddell was the only other one I recognized.

Glover is a really nice guy.

Yes, Glover is always nice. He will likely fight for the light heavyweight title soon.

Yeah, I had the exact same picks as you. I wasn't that familiar with Grant either but he certainly got my attention!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yes, Glover is always nice. He will likely fight for the light heavyweight title soon.
    Glover is definitely almost there, I'm surprised they didn't put him against a bigger name than TeHuna, considering he beat a former champ in his last fight. I'm hoping to see Jones fight Gustafsson in his next fight though. That dude has been real impressive in his last several fights, I don't think I would pick him to beat Jones(I don't think I'd pick ANYONE to beat Jones), but I'd say he has a better chance than anyone else at LHW right now.

...or if Jones is gonna be out for a while with that toe injury, Gustafsson vs Teixiera would be a damn good title eliminator fight.

I also can't wait for that Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis fight!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

I think Anderson Silva or maybe Cain Velasquez are the only ones who have a decent shot at beating Jones.

How about Rampage and Cheik Congo signing with Bellator? I really don't think it will bode well for Bellator - they are both on the skids of their careers, losing several straight.

I was sooo looking forward to Rousey vs. Zingano, but since Zingano's injury, I'm not as psyched. Rousey will beat Meisha. I think Zingano has a chance, as well as Sara McMann with another fight. I'm still very much looking forward to TUF. It's going to be talent-full on the women's side.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I merged this with a pre-existing thread.

Werdum vs. Nogueira!

I think Werdum takes this one!

Yeah, I got Werdum too. I don't really care about Bellator getting Rampage and Congo. Congo is only a mid-tier heavyweight, but Bellator's heavyweight division is so terrible that he probably has a shot at the title as long as Cole Conrad stays retired, not interested. Rampage is on the downturn, but he and King Mo have been beefin' so that matchup is fun, too bad King Mo got most of his luster knocked off in his last Bellator fight.

Howbout "Feijao"? He beat MO for the Strikeforce title, will he be able to whoop Thiago Silva?

Thiago hasn't looked good recently. I kind of see Feijao winning this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was wrong - Thiago blew Feijao out of the water.

Werdum for the title!

Yeah, Thiago crushed that guy. I don't see Werdum being able to handle Velasquez though, he started to look tired in the first round and we know Cain doesn't get tired. Cain is a better kickboxer and wrestler. Werdum could pull off a sub, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Oh, and Erick Silva is a beast.

Who ya got for Henderson-Rashad?

And damn it, I still want Zingano-Rousey, not Tate-Rousey!

I picked Rashad, even though it's hard to go against Hendo. I just think that Rashad is a younger faster version of DH, and he'll be able to grind out a decision as long as he doesn't get his face smashed by a huge right.

I like Zingano-Rousey better too, only because we've already seen Tate-Rousey. Besides Rousey I don't really know about too many of the girls, so I don't know if Zingano is a better match-up.

I follow the girls closely. At this point, the only two girls I think has a chance to beat Rousey are Cat Zingano and Sara McMann. Sara is being carefully groomed. She fights her best opponent yet in a couple months - Sarah Kaufman (who Rousey beat). Tate is going to make for interesting TV, though. Tate and Rousey genuinely hated each other before and after their last fight. I think both have accepted they need each other at this point. A lot of good girls are going to be on TUF this season. A LOT.

I can't pick a winner between Henderson and Rashad.

I bet Nelson will beat Miocic, though that's a good fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Rashad edged out Henderson.

Can't believe the beating Stipe put on Roy!

Getting more and more nervous as July 6 approaches. The Spider is my favorite fighter!

- - - Updated - - -

7 days until The Spider bites!

It's Spider time!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I have a feeling tonight there will be a new champ.