Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread (may contain spoilers)

Can't see it happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I can't believe it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

His game backfired and he got caught. People making excuses are just embarrassing, its nothing Silva has not done for years it just did not work as planned.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I KNEW IT! I won't deny that Silva is an absolute amazing fighter with a very strange gameplan. My jaw hit the floor when he was put up against the cage, turned out of it and escaped....then said to himself 'what the hell lets do it that way' and goes back onto the cage and tells Weidman to come back to him. Epic!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Yeah that was a real stunner! Great fight! I'm curious to see where Anderson is gonna go from here and how long Weidman can hold onto the title. I think Vitor is deserving of the next title shot, I'd like to see if Weidman can get past him.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I think Anderson has secured an amazing legacy. What I gathered him saying is "I've held the title long enough, I'm passing the torch. I may fight again, but I'm not going after the belt"
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I KNEW IT! I won't deny that Silva is an absolute amazing fighter with a very strange gameplan. My jaw hit the floor when he was put up against the cage, turned out of it and escaped....then said to himself 'what the hell lets do it that way' and goes back onto the cage and tells Weidman to come back to him. Epic!
    He did the same thing with Bonnar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Yeah that was a real stunner! Great fight! I'm curious to see where Anderson is gonna go from here and how long Weidman can hold onto the title. I think Vitor is deserving of the next title shot, I'd like to see if Weidman can get past him.
    Dana says it will be a rematch between Anderson and Weidman. Anderson says he needs time to think and be with his family, then will make a decision. Dana says there will be a rematch.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

So, how many people are trying to claim that Silva is terrible and has never been any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    So, how many people are trying to claim that Silva is terrible and has never been any good?
    Not as many as you would think, so far all I have seen is people enjoying Silva getting what he deserves for his taunting style and a very loud "he wanted to drop the belt, he needed a break" excuse brigade.

I also don't buy his wanting a break, he rarely fights compared to the rest of the circuit so I chalk that 110% up to being embarrassed and it was the easiest cover. But now that he lost I also do not see him really wanting the belt again, he does not need the money nor does he need the acclaim.

What makes me upset is the amount of people claiming Weidman does not have the skills to be champ, and that is so far from the truth its laughable. He may or may not hold the belt long but he certainly does have the power and technical skill to be the UFC Titleholder.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

He will fight again. And if Dana has his way, he will rematch Weidman, and this time, probably beat Weidman. Actually, the most common critique I'm seeing is that Anderson was defeated by his own cockiness and arrogance, not by Weidman. Which is essentially true. If he hadn't been playing up being hurt by Weidman and had taken the fight more seriously, I and many others seriously doubt we'd have a new champion. Weidman is no where close to Silva's skill level. I bet we see a more serious Silva in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He will fight again. And if Dana has his way, he will rematch Weidman, and this time, probably beat Weidman. Actually, the most common critique I'm seeing is that Anderson was defeated by his own cockiness and arrogance, not by Weidman. Which is essentially true. If he hadn't been playing up being hurt by Weidman and had taken the fight more seriously, I and many others seriously doubt we'd have a new champion. Weidman is no where close to Silva's skill level. I bet we see a more serious Silva in the rematch.
    Yeah but you could use that argument anytime a champion falls. His overconfidence did him in that is completely true, but its totally disrespectful to Weidman to make the claim he could not beat Silva because he in fact did.

If you get bested you get bested, could should woulda means nothing in sports.

This should teach Silva to be more serious though. Hopefully Weidman continues to grow, even if he loses I think he has a great future ahead of him given his age and skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah but you could use that argument anytime a champion falls. His overconfidence did him in that is completely true, but its totally disrespectful to Weidman to make the claim he could not beat Silva because he in fact did.

If you get bested you get bested, could should woulda means nothing in sports.

This should teach Silva to be more serious though. Hopefully Weidman continues to grow, even if he loses I think he has a great future ahead of him given his age and skill level.
    No one is denying he wasn't beat. But if he hadn't been clowning and overplaying being hurt . . . I think a focused, serious Anderson beats Weidman easily in the rematch.

So is this more like when Mike Tyson lost his title belt to a guy who then went on to do kinda nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    So is this more like when Mike Tyson lost his title belt to a guy who then went on to do kinda nothing?
    Not likely. Chris is determined and talented. He does not have Silva's talent at this time, but in time, he could become a great champion.

On a side note, looks like Dana is trying to expedite the Silva-Weidman rematch. Looking at late December.

I believe Silva was getting tested so he resorted to his antics again.He took it too far and got caught.Weidman showed great head movement and well rounded skills.He deserved to be in there.This loss shouldn't tarnish Silvas legacy but what an embarrassing moment.

Embarrassing without question. The rematch should be serious business, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Silva wants rematch asap.

Cyborg vs. Coenen this weekend! Huge fight for WMMA. Invicta is the second-best promotion in North America.

- - - Updated - - -

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman 2 set for December 28th with Rhonda Rousey vs. Meisha Tate set as the co-main event. Hell yeah!

Great card - the first on Fox Sports 1 - Saturday night! Very interested in Browne vs. Overeem.

TUF featuring some GREAT women fighters starts September 4th!

Bendo vs Showtime tonight! Could potentially be epic!

TUF with the girls this Wednesday!

I haven't bothered with the last few seasons of TUF, but I'll check this one out. I cant wait to see if the girls act like a bunch of knuckleheads, like the guys usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I haven't bothered with the last few seasons of TUF, but I'll check this one out. I cant wait to see if the girls act like a bunch of knuckleheads, like the guys usually do.
    Pettis is the new champion by first round armbar! Wow!

Anyway, I haven't been this excited for a season of TUF in a LONG time. Most of the girls on there are well-known, talented veterans. It's almost like the first season and second season of TUF as far as the girls go. Toxeira vs. Bader, Okami vs. Jacare Souza, and the two-hour premier of TUF all on Fox Sports 1 this Wednesday! 8 hours of UFC - whoo!

Great Fight for the Troops card tonight!

Velasquez dominated dos Santos!

Handerson vs Belfort this weekend!

GSP vs Hendricks next weekend!

Hey, everyone - check out and LIKE my new Facebook page, MMAViewpoint, for discussion and viewpoints towards various MMA-related topics! LIKE and enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/MMAViewpointUSA

Very cool Facebook page!

I used to follow UFC religiously until I stopped going out to see the pay-per-views about four years ago. Now I'm out of the mix.

I'm really surprised there isn't more MMA talk here on the Org. Seems like MMA and He-Man would go hand-in-hand!