Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread (may contain spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Maynard was knocked all the way out. If you look at his toes they are curling up, and his legs are stiff. He was so KTFO'ed.

I thought the same thing about Manny. You can't keep fighting if your shoulder's gonna pop out every time.

BJPenn.com is crashed right now.
    Yeah, he was totally out. Good call on the ref. Maynard was just trying to save face I think.

I was thinking the same thing about Manny. Who is going to want to let him fight if his shoulder is known for popping out and has a good chance to do it during a fight?

bjpenn.com is crashed for me too. I saw that coming when he plugged it on the show after his fight.

I was hoping that BJ would lose again. I think he is way to cocky, like Matt Hughes and Caro. I can't stand a fighter who thinks he is the best, and acts like his poo doesn't stink.

I used to not like BJ, but if you watch his fights against Matt Hughes, and GSP, you can see that he's really as good or better than both of them, plus I thought he was funny on TUF, so now I'm a fan of his.

Back to his fights w/GSP, and Hughes. He dominated Hughes in the first two round before Hughes pummeled him, which he was able to do, because BJ busted a rib in round 2. Everyone says he gassed, but he said he broke his rib, and he had an MRI later that confirmed it. In the GSP fight he whooped GSP in round 1, and then lost a close decision. I was cheering for GSP at the time, but I was still surprised that he got the decision. It was really close.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I finally got to bjpenn.com. I figured he had something ready to post on his site as soon as he won the fight, but I don't see anything there out of the norm. I can't believe his post fight follow up was "Go to bjpenn.com". What a punk. Jens stood there and commended him for a job well done, and BJ just plugged his webpage and left.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Makes me wonder if the UFC will tell fighters that they're not allowed to plug their sites in the post-fight interview. They're already not allowed to thank any sponsors besides Xyence, which is fine by me. The interview is supposed to add to the entertainment value for the fans, it shouldn't be a commercial.

Hey all

I have search high and low to find 2 dvd's and I cannot find them anywhere so I am considering resorting to the pirate side of dvd's.

I have all the original Pride FC dvd's except for 2.

Pride FC: Total Elimination 2003
    Pride FC: Final Conflict 2003

But what I am asking is, I want the box/cover art for it, if I do decide to go that route. If anyone has those dvd's could they scan them for me.

OR

If anyone knows where I can buy them, please let me know.

Thanks
    Jelostas
    PO-LAR is Royalt1us 3rd Annual Character Contest Grand Champion

---------------------------------
    Favourite MMA Fighters

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
    Kazushi Sakuraba
    Igor Vovchanchyn
    Fedor Emelianenko
    ---------------------------------

Who watched the PPV yesterday? It was good stuff. Huerta is an animal. I'd love to see him fight a marquee fighter. GSP made it look like he won't be without a title belt for very long, and Randy Couture showed everyone why he really is the best UFC heavyweight. I wish the UFC would sign Fedor, so Randy could fight him. I know everyone thinks Fedor is invincible, but I think Randy might be able to beat him.

I saw it. That was a pretty solid PPV. I knew it would end the way it did as soon as you could see the bad cut on Gonzaga's nose. I also was hoping that GSP would lose. I like him, but I also like to see upsets...like Kendall Grove. That was a good fight. I find myself routing for the underdog.

It is a good time to be a UFC viewer. The HW division is on fire and word is the Brock Lesnar may be sigining a UFC contract soon. Put him up against Fedor so that he truly knows what being a MMA fighter is all about. Also did you see the Babalu fight? Bloody!
    Insert Signature here....

Quote Originally Posted by ORKO View Post
    It is a good time to be a UFC viewer. The HW division is on fire and word is the Brock Lesnar may be sigining a UFC contract soon. Put him up against Fedor so that he truly knows what being a MMA fighter is all about. Also did you see the Babalu fight? Bloody!
    Just like football and WWE, the UFC will eat him up and spit him out. I never did like Brock.

And, they didn't show the Babalu fight on the PPV that I saw. There was only one undercard shown. I didn't get to watch it, but I read it was pretty good. I was wondering where that huge blood stain on the mat came from.

Anyone else see the UFC ppv last night? Can't believe Chuck lost two in a row...especially this one to Keith Jardine. Ranks up there with Matt Serra pulling the upset on GSP. But I am glad that "Nightmare" Diego Sanchez lost another one...personally cannot stand that guy.

Thoughts or opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by ess7477 View Post
    Anyone else see the UFC ppv last night? Can't believe Chuck lost two in a row...especially this one to Keith Jardine. Ranks up there with Matt Serra pulling the upset on GSP. But I am glad that "Nightmare" Diego Sanchez lost another one...personally cannot stand that guy.

Thoughts or opinions?
    I loved this PPV. I am very happy with each win. I don't like Sanchez either.

I was really glad that chuck lost again. He needs to go train more and get more exciting. I was really getting bored with his one lucky punch knockouts.

The Griffin fight was pretty good too. I love seeing the Pride guys fall and Dana left scratching his head.

First it's Cro Cop, then Dan Henderson and now Shogun...I guess Rampage is the only Pride fighter who's the real deal. Anyhow, the next one is Franklin/Silva 2...should be a good one.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by ess7477 View Post
    Anyhow, the next one is Franklin/Silva 2...should be a good one.
    Franklin is going to get pwned again imo. I don't think those pride guys can handle the change of rules and are not used to fighting in a cage.

The ppv was one of the best ones in a while. Every fight was awesome. I'm glad Diego lost, he is finally starting to fight people worth something and hopefully people realize that he isn't all that great.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I couldn't believe Forrest pulled off that win, good for him. As for the Liddell-Jardine decision, I kind of thought it was BS. Jardine wins because he landed one good punch? All you had to do was look at their faces and it was obvious who landed the most solid shots.

As for the next one, I can't wait to see Brandon Vera fight Tim Sylvia. Go Vera!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I don't think chuck even showed up for that fight. Just because his face looked a little messed up doesn't mean he lost. Did you not see the welps (sp?) on chucks ribs from those kicks? Jardine deserved to win that fight. He stayed away from the flurry of chuck's punches (which is how he always wins). And unlike Tito, Jardine went after Chuck.

If you want some crap, Bisping vs. The deaf guy (can't think of his name). Deaf guy beat him. As long as Bisping fights in England he will always win.

I know what you mean, Jardine did give him a good fight. I just don't think he did enough to get a win. I watched the fight in a crowded bar, and when the ref raised Jardine's hand, everybody's jaws dropped. I wouldn't say Chuck should have got the win either though, I would've called it a draw. Either way, a rematch is definately in order.

And you are 100% right about that Bisping fight. That decision was complete BS.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It could have came down to one of those 'who was the most aggressive', and in that case I would give it to Jardine. I was going to be surprised if they didn't raise Jardine's hand after the fight.

I don't understand why it is hard to believe that Jardine won. He landed punches and many kicks. Chuck did land some too, but not as many. Jardine just got caught up in a few of Chuck's flurrys, but Jardine put Chuck on his butt. I didn't see Jardine go down ever. Jardine was the clear winner. Chuck needs to go learn how to do more than an over the top haymaker.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    ^ agreed.

Looks like we're finally getting MMA toys. They're not exactly what I would have gone with, but I'm still pumped. See the article.

Those are pretty cool. I doubt I'll be getting them though.

The other day I was in a store, and I couldn't believe it when I saw this Tank Abbott figure. http://www.amazon.com/ABBOTT-CLASSIC.../dp/B000H7K4JS I didn't know he did wrestling!?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    The other day I was in a store, and I couldn't believe it when I saw this Tank Abbott figure. http://www.amazon.com/ABBOTT-CLASSIC.../dp/B000H7K4JS I didn't know he did wrestling!?
    I never ever knew Tank was in WWE, let alone a back far enough to get a classic figure made. That is really strange.

Looks like those MMA fig's never came out. At least not to my knowledge. Bummer, I was excited for 'em.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Looks like those MMA fig's never came out. At least not to my knowledge. Bummer, I was excited for 'em.
    If they do come out I seriously doubt Randy will be included.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    If they do come out I seriously doubt Randy will be included.
    I don't see why not. They're MMA figures not UFC figures. It doesn't look the UFC is even involved. Do you think he's lost poularity, because of inactivity? Even if he has I'd think he would still be more popular than Tito, or Matt Hughes.