View Poll Results: Should there have been adventures other than in Eternia?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 47.83%
  • No

16 34.78%
  • Unsure

5 10.87%
  • Unconcerned

3 6.52%

Thread: Would you have prefered exploration outisde of Eternia?

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar

Would you have prefered exploration outisde of Eternia?

One thing that the the new cartoon was known for was largely keeping confied to the planet of Eternia without touching on anywhere else in universe, even though it was acknowledged they did exist. Other than Evil-Lyn tying without success to access Despondos and Orko arriving from Trolla. There was no real involvement with anything like other planets or dimensions. Do the ans here think that was a good or bad choice?
    Last edited by Raider of Shadows; June 6, 2008 at 12:39pm.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    It would have been nice to see MYP Etheria. There were some great characters there such as Modulok, Shadow Weaver, Entrapta, Frosta, Catra, Scorpia and Castaspella that could have been awesome with an MYP twist.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Why not? I haven't seen all of volumes 2 & 3 yet, but there were a few Filmation episodes that featured Trolla. Far as I know, that was never seen in the MYP series. I would've liked to have seen Etheria as well. There's plenty of places He-Man ventured to in the Filmation series, why keep him boarded up on Eternia? I'll put it to you this way, if there were some sort of dimensional gate that opened up and there was someone sending a message of distress through it, I'm sure He-Man would hop in and save the day if Skeletor was taking a break from attempting to overthrow Grayskull.

Peace
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

i would have been cool but it should be done with caution not all the funmation ones were good ideas, look at the one were he-man was sent to another dimension and he lost his memory and the villian was a goofy looking roger rabbit thing that one was just bad

No the story line was good as it was. If you start going outside of Eternia you could have too much going on at once.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    For myself, I clicked unsure, because while I would have wanted to eventually see Etheria, and maybe Despondos and Trolla (and with the recent information perhaps even Horde-World) I was glad they kept it on Eternia as far as they did when show did run.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

They DEFINITELY should have gone outside Eternia, because the way everything was presented in the MYP cartoon, it should have been called He-Man And The Masters Of Eternia.
    Because seriously, there was no Universe in 2002's MOTU.
    At least other areas were touched upon in most aspects of the classic MOTU... from comics to cartoon, and even the out of space-like designs of Sy-Klone and Zodac... everything felt pretty vast and epic, and it really made Grayskull seem like something REALLY important, the whole "whoever controls it controls the universe" thing, etc.
    The scope always felt very narrow to me in the new show.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I vote for Etheria.

Of course there should have been additional planets! The title Masters of the UNIVERSE kind of suggests a larger story than what was portrayed with the 200X line. After all, it's not called Masters of Eternia.

I've always thought it was odd that MYP didn't have more space stuff involved given its title.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Of course there should have been additional planets! The title Masters of the UNIVERSE kind of suggests a larger story than what was portrayed with the 200X line. After all, it's not called Masters of Eternia.
    Depends of which definition of universe you choose

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Amen. 'Nuff said. And, oddly enough the best reasoning for the title of MOTU comes from the opening of the live action movie.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well, I can't really call it a good or bad choice, since they didn't have enough time to explore other areas. I think the toon did just fine with where they were based, considering how long it lasted. If that toon had gone on longer, they would have had to branch out. They just simply didn't have enough time.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I voted yes. and I have a feeling they were kind of planning such a thing with the Horde. Eventhough they stated in the beginning that there would be no spacetravel. They did have alternate dimentions though which are other worlds too.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/