Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flowers For Hordak opinions

Flowers For Hordak opinions

Even though this episode is not what you call serious, it is still a fun episode to watch. It is one of those more humor slap stick comedy episodes.

Does anyone else find that even though it is not a serious episode, it is still very fun to watch in terms of comedy.

My goodness, that voice of Perfuma really is irritating

It's pure comedy gold.

The best part is the cogna line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's pure comedy gold.

The best part is the cogna line.
    I agree. I loved watching this episode.

Perfuma's voice is annoying, but then that's the point... laughing so hard over Hordak being annoyed crazy.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

best!

comic gold indeed "best episode EVER!!" (espescially the horde trooper "conga line that was hilarious)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I liked this episode a lot.

I didn't find Perfuma's voice to be annoying here. I did find her voice to be highly annoying in the Christmas Special. It sounded so different from her voice in this ep.

Does anyone know if the same voice actress did both. If so I wished her voice on the Christmas Special was more like how it was on this episode.

The best is when Perfuma always kept calling Hordak Hordikins

It is a great comedy episode

That episode alone still puts to shame the many garbage made today

Heroic Warrior
    I liked the you need a bath joke.
    Give a Hoot Don't Pollute!

Quote Originally Posted by American Hero View Post
    I liked the you need a bath joke.
    And it was funny how at the end, the trap door was filled with all the flowers.

But the best was his begging like expression telling She-ra to take Perfuma away

And who can forget the head to hammer to wall bashing bit

I've loved that episode ever since the first time I saw it as a kid. I love the comedy of the episode. Funniest episode overall after Sweet Bee's Home.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I agree this episode was extremely funny.

I think Erika Scheimer voiced Perfuma in all her apperanaces I think but I could be wrong.

Etherian Princess
    LOL! I just watched this last night. It was funny, but seemed very different from the other episodes.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I posted my comments on most of the episodes in the Season 1 Volume 2 sticky thread on page 5---here's what I said about FFH:

======================

Flowers for Hordak---A fun episode, but the jury's still out on Perfuma. She comes dangerously close to seeming like a character from The Rose Petal Place. So "cutesy" and "girlie" and yes, I know She-Ra was of course geared toward girls, but I just didn't expect her character to be quite the way she turned out. It's even funnier to think of her as a "Rebel", lol. She does have great powers though (I love plants and magic). And poor Glimmer, wearing herself out to try and do what she can in the meantime. But really, would Hordak have allowed Perfuma to prance around The Fright Zone making it all over? You'd think he would have at least secured her more strongly in another cell or something.

But I LOVE Mermista. She is so beautiful, has great coloring with her blues and greens, and I love her lilting voice...will she appear any more in season 2?? I sure hope so.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I posted my comments on most of the episodes in the Season 1 Volume 2 sticky thread on page 5---here's what I said about FFH:

======================

Flowers for Hordak---A fun episode, but the jury's still out on Perfuma. She comes dangerously close to seeming like a character from The Rose Petal Place. So "cutesy" and "girlie" and yes, I know She-Ra was of course geared toward girls, but I just didn't expect her character to be quite the way she turned out. It's even funnier to think of her as a "Rebel", lol. She does have great powers though (I love plants and magic). And poor Glimmer, wearing herself out to try and do what she can in the meantime. But really, would Hordak have allowed Perfuma to prance around The Fright Zone making it all over? You'd think he would have at least secured her more strongly in another cell or something.

But I LOVE Mermista. She is so beautiful, has great coloring with her blues and greens, and I love her lilting voice...will she appear any more in season 2?? I sure hope so.
    You are right Byron. There's no way that Horikins would have allowed Perfuma running around. But, I guess that due to the fact that the show was made for kids, they shouldn't show Hordak as too evil etc. It's in exactly the same way that I think that Skeletor normally wouldn't have helped those kids in the X-mas Special. Nonetheless, I still like the show , some episodes like this one are ridiculous because they lack realistic aspects but still.. better than any show
    And yes, Perfuma's voice was VERY annoying, along with Castaspella's and Angela's voice for me.
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    You are right Byron. There's no way that Horikins ;-) would have allowed Perfuma running around. But, I guess that due to the fact that the show was made for kids, they shouldn't show Hordak as too evil etc.
    Yeah, like how I wish with all my POP-lovin' heart that we could see Scorpia use her deadly tail to sting some of those darn Rebels! Of course I wouldn't want it to be lethal, but c'mon Filmation, just one little sting? lol

And it's nice to see other fans who also think Hordak's attitude in this episode was pretty unrealistic---considering his usual character, that is.

It's in exactly the same way that I think that Skeletor normally wouldn't have helped those kids in the X-mas Special.
    Wha??-- Okay, just from that statement alone I have to see that special someday, LOL!

Nonetheless, I still like the show , some episodes like this one are ridiculous because they lack realistic aspects but still.. better than any show ;-)
    And yes, Perfuma's voice was VERY annoying, along with Castaspella's and Angela's voice for me.
    Oh yeah, it's still an enjoyable episode, just like you said, a few things about it unrealistic or out of character.

I didn't find Perfuma's voice annoying, I was just a bit surprised by how waify and juvenile she was. That's like calling Jessica Simpson a "Rebel", lol. Funny you don't like Casta or Angella's voices...I'm okay with Angella's, and Casta's I get used to pretty quickly, though I wouldn't have chosen that style of vocalization for her---it's the same way I am with Snow White's voice, lol.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Yeah, like how I wish with all my POP-lovin' heart that we could see Scorpia use her deadly tail to sting some of those darn Rebels! Of course I wouldn't want it to be lethal, but c'mon Filmation, just one little sting? lol

Wha??-- Okay, just from that statement alone I have to see that special someday, LOL!
    omg, you still haven't seen it???

Oh yeah, it's still an enjoyable episode, just like you said, a few things about it unrealistic or out of character.

I didn't find Perfuma's voice annoying, I was just a bit surprised by how waify and juvenile she was. That's like calling Jessica Simpson a "Rebel", lol. Funny you don't like Casta or Angella's voices...I'm okay with Angella's, and Casta's I get used to pretty quickly, though I wouldn't have chosen that style of vocalization for her---it's the same way I am with Snow White's voice, lol.
    I had the same problem with Snow White's voice too, lol! Castaseplla's voice hits on my nerves and Angella's is..I dunno..strange.. not very clear...
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Simply a fantastic episode. I also loved Erika's voice acting for Perfuma in this -- she nailed it! Too bad Bob Forward wasn't able to be apart of the DVDs. Behind Larry DiTillio, he is one of my favorites.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

When it comes to episodes of She-Ra that I show to my friends "Flowers for Hordak is usually the first one. The episode as a whole is fantastic. I love it! My favorite part is the entire dynamics between Hordak and Perfuma. And the scene with Hordak beating his head on the wall is priceless!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Master of fru-fru stuff ledmanno's Avatar
    yeap this is me favorite episode,and i have to say they did a lot of animation on this episode ,specially with Hordak's facial expresion .
    Oh and Mermista's coments about Perfuma being there and rolling her eyes

I love this episode, Perfuma is ridiculous.....

The name of the episode Flowers for Hordak sounds too kind, if I were one of the rebels, or Shadow weaver, I would send Hordak a bomb or something like that, but not flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    The name of the episode Flowers for Hordak sounds too kind, if I were one of the rebels, or Shadow weaver, I would send Hordak a bomb or something like that, but not flowers.
    BUt the flowers did Hordak more harm

Perfuma was smart, she drove him to insanity

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    Perfuma was smart, she drove him to insanity

I can't stop laughin'!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Perfuma is a major player in my work..

Mermista had the best voice ..or unique maybe.

But really, would Hordak have allowed Perfuma to prance around The Fright Zone making it all over? You'd think he would have at least secured her more strongly in another cell or something.
    I agree that Hordak would have come off more in-character if we'd been able to see him continuously try to imprison Perfuma in different ways only to have her ignore him, escape and continue about her merry business.

That said, I think it works wonderfully just as it is. Keep in mind, there were only 22 minutes to fill, and with a premise this rich - and the talented men and woman at Filmation - they could have come up with more and more funny bits than we were ultimately able to see in the episode. If there had been more of Hordak, we'd have seen less of Glimmer trying to save the Woods, or Light Hope. Frankly, I wouldn't want that. This was a terrifically balanced episode...even if Hordak comes off as less of a serious villain for letting Perfuma get away with all she does

I wouldn't have wanted every episode to be like this one, but as a one-off...I love it! A breath of fresh air!

Lol, every bad guy has his off day, perhaps if an adult version of the script had been written, the story would've been much different. That said, I think it was a genius episode...I always love it when the bad guys end up with the rough end of the pineapple

Hordak_colored_by_Ryan Solski.jpg

But the one thing that always bugged me was that not all the characters in the show got horses. Lol, so I went ahead & gave Perfuma her very own loyal but mischievous steed

Perfuma on horseback_colored_edited.jpg
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/