Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get-Along Gang & The Littles coming to DVD this fall!

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar

Get-Along Gang & The Littles coming to DVD this fall!

Two of my all time favorite 80's cartoons are finally coming to DVD this fall

The Get-Along Gang
    &
    The Littles

Are getting the complete set box set treatment!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7232

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7231
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Cool, I remember read the Littles books as a kid, though only got to see a few episodes of the cartoons. I remember them being pretty good
    Visit The Action Figure Archive Forums to discuss, buy, sell & trade action figure lines of the 70s, 80s & 90s. Remember to checkout the action figure guide and online store on the site as well!

Check out my trade feedback here

Former Wrestling Fanatic Wrestling Fanatic's Avatar
    I saw this on another board. While I was waiting for the org to return. I'm beyond thrilled that these two are coming out on dvd. I will be picking both of them up. I never thought I would see the day, when The Get-Along Gang came out on dvd!!!!!
    I want a He-Man.org T-Shirt !!!!!

WooHooo!!! I love the littles so much! I watch the reruns every Sunday morning and they only have about 7 episodes I'm definetely getting this!!!

I loved the Littles and the Get Along Gang. I totally used to have a Get Along Gang lunchbox
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

I liked the Littles when I saw it on Toon Disney a few years ago, but I'm not sure I would want to own it on DVD. Still, its cool that another show is getting the DVD treatment. Just one thing... this report doesn't specificy whether The Littles will include the two special movies (one of them being the pilot special Here Come the Littles which is already on DVD) or the Christmas episode.

Lycan
    Oh, finally I can chuck out the horrible quality video tapes I saved from all those years ago
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I watched the Littles, but I never really loved it. But Get Along gang was great. Although I kinda doubt they would entertain me much nowadays. I kinda doubt that would hold up after all this time.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

I watched both shows as a kid. And I had plushes of Bingo Beaver and Montgomery Moose from the Get Along Gang.
    Get Along Gang is one of those shows I'm pretty sure wouldn't hold out today. And while I'd like to see the Littles again, especially the movie, I don't want to see it badly enough to pay for it.

I'm still waiting for A Pound Puppies DVD set. I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

I've just watched the opening sequence on the YouTube, and my first thought was "why did I ever watch this show?". I'm SURE there was a reason I watched this on a Sunday on ITV, I'm just struggling to remember what it was!
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby One Kenobi View Post

The Get-Along Gang
    &
    The Littles

Cool! And each one of them had theme songs that could get stuck in your head!

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar

The Get Along Gang has been canceled!

The recently announced DVD release of the Get-Along Gang The Complete Series for this fall has been canceled!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7379
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    WHAT?!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

*cries his little G-AG-lovin' heart out*

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Master of New Adventures!

The Get-Along Gang
    &
    The Littles

That's fantastic news! The Littles was the first television series I wrote for. Jean Chalopin hired me to write some episodes. That led to my being hired as a story editor at DIC where my first staff job was Care Bears. Good to see Get-Along Gang coming out too, as I wrote a number of them.

I guess if you wait around long enough...

Arrested for copying dogs FiveOfSeven's Avatar
    Far beyond any imaginative work of terror or science-fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    WHAT?!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

*cries his little G-AG-lovin' heart out*

Here, you can cry on my shoulder. On reading the news, I cried out too but it was something you can't post here...

(Poor little scamps, they must be the only gang members in America who can't get arrested.)
    In the old days the Indians who used to live around here called it a "black wind"; they believed that it carried the voices of evil spirits, and that if you listened to it for long enough it could drive you mad.
    (Bill Pronzini)

The recently announced DVD release of the Get-Along Gang The Complete Series for this fall has been canceled!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7379
    Time for a boycott of American Greetings!

Aww. I had a semi-crush on Lucy little. That show has a place in my heart. I really did enjoy that series.

Dr. Hunter was a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Oh, finally I can chuck out the horrible quality video tapes I saved from all those years ago
    I hear that.

I didn't get into the Get-Along Gang, but I'm glad to see that plenty of Retro stuff is getting a DVD treatment too.
    www.myspace.com/positor

Check out my artwork, photography, etc.
    http://tlv-illustrations.deviantart.com/

Two things Gremlins fear the most. Sunlight and Hulkamania!

They've released the box art for The Littles. And let me just say, PUKE!!!! OMG! I can freaking draw better than that! That is the WORST box art I've ever seen in my whole entire life. It really makes me want to say bad words right now. It honestly looks like the work of a 5th grader. Actually that's an insult to 5th graders. What in the heck were they thinking?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7538
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

Lycan
    That is horrid, but *shrugs* who cares as long as all the episodes are there in good quality.

That's awful looking. I hope they fire whoever approved that.

Arrested for copying dogs FiveOfSeven's Avatar
    Far beyond any imaginative work of terror or science-fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Fanatic View Post
    There, but for the grace of God....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...FGAGDVDART.jpg
    In the old days the Indians who used to live around here called it a "black wind"; they believed that it carried the voices of evil spirits, and that if you listened to it for long enough it could drive you mad.
    (Bill Pronzini)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Fanatic View Post
    Its in line with all their other releases, they hire the worst artists for their covers. I think fans could provide better artwork.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOfSeven View Post
    There, but for the grace of God....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...FGAGDVDART.jpg
    Where did that come from? Is the GAG release back on again?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its in line with all their other releases, they hire the worst artists for their covers. I think fans could provide better artwork.

For real, why are they hiring these people. Someone needs to smack them in the back of the head. I'm sure there are fan artists out there who would do a much better job for free. Like someone else said, I'd rather see a random screen grab from the show than that.
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    For real, why are they hiring these people. Someone needs to smack them in the back of the head. I'm sure there are fan artists out there who would do a much better job for free. Like someone else said, I'd rather see a random screen grab from the show than that.
    I think their Heathcliff set was the best one they produced, Captain N and Mario were at least somewhat accurate. Zelda was horrd as is The Littles covers, and the Inspector Gadget was about as bland as you can get.

It was noted earlier that as long as the episodes are DVD quality it does not matter, well given their track record it will be a notch above VHS to DVD home conversions.

Rhino paved the way for how to do animated dvd, and BCI along with Warner Bros have taken animated dvd to the next level, companies like Lions Gate and Shout are just releasing to make a quick profit. Which for many of these shows is the best way to do it (and the only shot for us fans to get them on the cheap).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback