View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Man-At-Arms and Beast Man?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man-At-Arms

34 73.91%
  • Beast Man

12 26.09%

Thread: Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Beast Man

Hybrid View

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Beast Man

The vintage figure review threads seem to have taken a steep dip in the last couple of weeks; maybe it's partly down to the .org servers being down for a long time (and also, here in the U.K., we're experiencing Summer-like weather in Spring, so people may be out and about more).

But anyway, here's a new "who would win" combat scenario, taking the last two reviewed figures, two of the very first MOTU characters: MAN-AT-ARMS vs. BEAST MAN - a battle, quite literally, of brains and brawn.

Here's a quick look at the stats:

MAN-AT-ARMS - He-Man's mentor and generally best friend, he is skilled in many types of combat, is a wise inventor, and probably one of the cleverest Heroic Warriors. Armed with a mace.

BEAST MAN - Skeletor's long serving sidekick, he is savage in nature, what he lacks in intelligence he makes up for in brute force, and his ability to control wild beasts. Armed with a whip.

As always, for the sake of argument for this battle, they are only armed with the weapons which their vintage figure versions came with. (I.e. you can't say "xxx pulls out a laser cannon", etc.).
    Also, remember that this is a battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.

Brains vs. Brawn - which will win?...
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Brains over brawn any day.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Well time and time again all the hero's get beaten by all the evil ones...So I would say Beast Man would win no problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Man At Arms!!

well if we're talking what would happen in the show, of coarse MAA would win but if it were out of context, dare I say, "real life" Beastman would kill MAA! If he didn't rip him apart by dropping down on him from some tree, he'd use himself as a distraction while the shadowbeast stomps a mudhole in 'im.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Personally I imagine it like Beast Man getting an early jump on Man-At-Arms, swooping down from a tree or something and catching MAA off balance. From there I see it being a quite even fight - Beast Man using his brute strength, but Man-At-Arms using his intellect to out-maneuver him. From here it could go either way. MAA could carry on out-smarting Beast Man, but I think Beastie is much more agile and powerful, and so might eventually wear him down and finally get the upper hand.
    Man-At-Arms would give him a good run for his money, but I think that Beast Man might come out victorious in this one.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms of course. The big monkey would not stand a chance against the master of all weapons.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"