View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Man-At-Arms and Beast Man?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man-At-Arms

34 73.91%
  • Beast Man

12 26.09%

Thread: Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Beast Man

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Beast Man

The vintage figure review threads seem to have taken a steep dip in the last couple of weeks; maybe it's partly down to the .org servers being down for a long time (and also, here in the U.K., we're experiencing Summer-like weather in Spring, so people may be out and about more).

But anyway, here's a new "who would win" combat scenario, taking the last two reviewed figures, two of the very first MOTU characters: MAN-AT-ARMS vs. BEAST MAN - a battle, quite literally, of brains and brawn.

Here's a quick look at the stats:

MAN-AT-ARMS - He-Man's mentor and generally best friend, he is skilled in many types of combat, is a wise inventor, and probably one of the cleverest Heroic Warriors. Armed with a mace.

BEAST MAN - Skeletor's long serving sidekick, he is savage in nature, what he lacks in intelligence he makes up for in brute force, and his ability to control wild beasts. Armed with a whip.

As always, for the sake of argument for this battle, they are only armed with the weapons which their vintage figure versions came with. (I.e. you can't say "xxx pulls out a laser cannon", etc.).
    Also, remember that this is a battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.

Brains vs. Brawn - which will win?...
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Brains over brawn any day.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Well time and time again all the hero's get beaten by all the evil ones...So I would say Beast Man would win no problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Man At Arms!!

well if we're talking what would happen in the show, of coarse MAA would win but if it were out of context, dare I say, "real life" Beastman would kill MAA! If he didn't rip him apart by dropping down on him from some tree, he'd use himself as a distraction while the shadowbeast stomps a mudhole in 'im.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Personally I imagine it like Beast Man getting an early jump on Man-At-Arms, swooping down from a tree or something and catching MAA off balance. From there I see it being a quite even fight - Beast Man using his brute strength, but Man-At-Arms using his intellect to out-maneuver him. From here it could go either way. MAA could carry on out-smarting Beast Man, but I think Beastie is much more agile and powerful, and so might eventually wear him down and finally get the upper hand.
    Man-At-Arms would give him a good run for his money, but I think that Beast Man might come out victorious in this one.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms of course. The big monkey would not stand a chance against the master of all weapons.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Man-At-Arms more than likely.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    For me to make a decision of the outcoming of a fight between MAA and Beastman I thought about the strengths and weaknesses of both warriors:

MAA
    pros: skilled in hand to hand battle, master of weapons, high intellectual coeficient(he uses it frecuently to make new mechanical devices for He-man & the heroic warriors to battle evil) and he wears armor on his chest, arms and both shins so he can took quite a beating until he got out cold.

cons: normal human strenght, normal human agility and normal human senses

Beastman
    pros: near superhuman strenght(much less than He-man but still a treat), power to control all animals except dragons, heightened senses because of him being a humanoid beast and animal like agility to swing on trees and high jumps.

cons: not so bright, lack of protective gear, bad body odor(that has been stated in a couple of old MOTU cartoon episodes) that made him easier to detect and impulsivity.

The winner: Man-At-Arms
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

Man at Arms' inconsistency as a fighter seems to make me think that this one could go either way... he always seems to be getting hurt, so I lean more towards Beast Man... but it would also depend upon what weapons Man at Arms had with him
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Beast-Man!

Beast Man is strong and ferocious, but Man-at-Arms has weapons, armor, gadgetry, and smarts that lead me to believe he would come out the victor.

The outcome to any battle is always contingent on the needs of the particular narrative at any given time. If the hero needs to lose for the plot to move forward, suddenly he will be less quick, less clever, less strong, etc. Later on in the climax when he inevitably wins he will suddenly be a much better fighter. Or the villain will suddenly be a worse fighter.

But just given a fair contest between the two, MAA's intelligence plus his protective armor plus his mace would probably beat Beast Man's strength & whip. One good crack to the head with that mace should probably knock Beast Man out.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; April 26, 2013 at 10:42am.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Man at Arms, for sure. Beast Man's strength and savage nature can't compete with claw-and-fang-proof armor, superior tactical acumen and the ARSENAL of distance attacks on-board that armor. I love Beasty, but he's a flunky for a reason...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Man At Arms is not only a normal human , He must be in his late forties . He was fighting alongside Sorceress before Adam or Teela was born . He is not as strong or as fast as he was . That mace and armour must be getting very very heavy .

The brains vs brawn theory ? Umm how well has that worked out for the highly intelligent , inventive , experienced and magic using Skeletor ? He Man is just too strong .

Beastman is strong enough to lift rocks in the 1 - 3 tonne range . He tosses that and scores a hit. Poor Man At Arms becomes blood pizza . Beast man has animal senses to locate prey . Not sure how old beastman is but he still in his prime .
    I dont think Man At Arms has enough gadjets or vehicles to compete with the amount of animals or one huge animal beastman can control .
    If beastman got enough knocks to his skull , sat down and refined that trick he could command the higher primate called H*** Sapien Eternos . I believe he has that potential .

Beastman,s armour seems lighter but he is more mobile and that makes him a harder target to hit . Man At Arms has chosen maximum protection and killed his mobility . A normal person can only wear so much protection but its not enough . That annoying rock is going to crush him like a grape.

Beastman,s armour is probably very heavy and very protective. He is super strong so he is as mobile as he wants to be . Yes it looks like light armour made of animal fur on the surface but whats underneath ? Animal fur is not holding what looks like bone spikes or even teeth sticking out . Custom rock dragon jaw bone harness ?

Beastmans whip is non lethal yes but it is light and has medium range . As soon as Man At Arms closes the distance with his short range heavy mace , Beastman just lazily jumps back out of range and keeps whipping .
    Beastman uses his whip to disarm or trip opponents so he can close in and finish them off with his fangs and claws . He can hogtie people or swing into the branches of trees .

Main and most important reason for Man At Arms losing to Beastman . He and all the other heroic warriors are there to make He Man look good . They are Hero support on good days and kidnap statistics on bad days.
    Last edited by MOLKROM; February 28, 2014 at 07:16pm.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Heroic Warrior
    Man at Arms for sure! During the 2002 series he constantly defeated Beastman (once when he was paired with Trap-Jaw, and another time even when he was injured). The only Evil Warrior that can go toe to toe with Duncan (apart from Skeletor and Evil-Lyn which both are out of his league) is Tri-Klops!