View Poll Results: Transformers G1 or MOTU action figures

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-man MOTU

74 59.20%
  • Transformers G1

51 40.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The more popular toy - He-man or Transformers (G1)

The more popular toy - He-man or Transformers (G1)

Ok, this will be a most interesting in the numerous opinions here, but which of these toys did people here find was the better of the two? MOTU or Transformers G1?

Back in the 80s, they were the two most talked about cartoons.

But I have to admit I did enjoy the Transformers Toys better

I didnt' actually have that many Transformers as a kid, though I did like them. But I liked the fantasy elements best, so I perfered He-man. Even today, while I think Transformers are awesome, I've only got a few, and only favs from G1. Never cared for Beast Wars or all these new ones.

So He-man for me.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Personally I preferred MOTU toys, but my perceptions were of TRANSFORMERS being "bigger" for longer. Just about every kid seemed to be buying TF stuff.

Of the cartoons, I much prefer HE-MAN. After Season 1, the G1 cartoon turned into a badly written mess in my opinion. Again though , it was the TF show that seemed to get the most exposure.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I had more MOTU toys, so I picked them. Transformers were pretty awesome, too.

i saay

i say transformers they are a frikkin cool line (motu is too) but why am i thinking that they have the disadvantage being that this is as motu/pop board? lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I loved Transformers as a kid but I was pretty poor, so the odds of me getting a some of the non-small Transformers was slim to none. The ones like Bumblebee and Seaspray were in my price range, however the bigger ones like Optimus and Starscream were a no go. He-Man was pretty cheap in comparison, so I was sort of forced to like them more. However, I loved He-Man, so it's not like I was hurting or anything.
    My Toys, Comic Book and other Geeky Related Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/thecomicbookgeeks

I had many TF, but I played with my He-Man figures way more. They were more durable to take outside and set up battles with. I mostly played with my TF when I was in my room and all I really did was transform them over and over. They were more expensive too.

Former Wrestling Fanatic Wrestling Fanatic's Avatar
    MOTU was the cream of the crop for me. I maybe had one transformer. Where I had every single MOTU character,vehicle etc
    I want a He-Man.org T-Shirt !!!!!

The more popular was probably Masters, since they were a lot cheaper then Transformers. Although, and I say this with a heavy heart, Transformers are probably more popular throughout the last few decades.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I think the MOTU line was far more popular in the beginning. However, the Transformers out performed MOTU over the long run... they endured.
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    I think the MOTU line was far more popular in the beginning. However, the Transformers out performed MOTU over the long run... they endured.
    I agree with Milk Man. The problem with MOTU was Mattel kept MOTU on the bench for too long.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I agree with Milk Man. The problem with MOTU was Mattel kept MOTU on the bench for too long.
    Personally I converted with the Beast Wars... the show not the toy line. ALMOST reverted with the Beast Machines.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    Personally I converted with the Beast Wars... the show not the toy line. ALMOST reverted with the Beast Machines.

Well I can understand why, Beast Wars was awesome.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Lycan
    I absolutely hate Transformers. I think it's sad so many people have voted for them being better than MOTU here on he-man.org, but *shrugs* what can you do? No accounting for taste
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

For me it is MOTU. Overall Transformers is the winner though, it just has a far larger fanbase. MOTU should win here because it's a MOTU board, but in a neutral board I think Tformers would win hands down.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Evil Master of Whatever Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I absolutely hate Transformers. I think it's sad so many people have voted for them being better than MOTU here on he-man.org, but *shrugs* what can you do? No accounting for taste
    *Shakes fist at thee* Anyway, I grew up on MOTU and got into TFs when MOTU started to fade. G1 was over getting to the point where Xmasters and Pretenders where all over so I missed all the original die-cast stuff. Thanks to re-issues, that got fixed
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The bunny.
    Add him to your signature.
    Help him rule the world.

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer MOTU, but I like TF very very much. I loved the cartoons, but I never had a figure they were very expensive at the moment. In my opinion, TF are more popular as a series, not as toys.

aghreeed

agreed bw was cool but bm sucked the toys were ok but the show "worst transfomer show ever!"
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Yeah, dogg! High five.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Transformers (and Zoids) eclipsed MotU for me! But, only just.

yeah i was just about to say... MOTU is BARELY making in this poll.

Where's all the love man?

I don't remember watching much of the transformers cartoon growing up, not sure why that was. I think it was related to none of the local networks picked it up at the time for some strange reason.

I do remember watching he-man all the time.

As far as figures, the transformer's were cooler in what they were capable of but frequently cost a bit more so I often opted picking up extra figures from other toy lines (He-man then GI Joe being the big ones at that time).

So based on that He-man would win out.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I was 100% MOTU all the way. In fact, it was like a rivalry to me and I didn't like the Transformers at all back then because the threatened MOTU's popularity.

For me He-Man hands down. Transformers boggled me because I was so young and I couldn't understand how to transform them. The He-Man figures were easy to deal with that and He-MAN just had a better mythology to it. I really got into it and I have always been inspired and encouraged by He-Man.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I was really into MOTU when I was 5-7 years old. The next toy craze I got into was Transformers...and I never looked back.

My fondest childhood memories of toys and cartoons are of Transformers. To this day they are my absolute favorite toy line of all time.

In fact from a purely business perspective, when comparing the two Transformers is the KING over MOTU. Transformers have been in stores non-stop in many countries for over 20 years and shows no sign of stopping any time soon. In the US alone the Transformers toyline run, with only a 2-3 year break, has lasted 3 times as long as Masters did all combined. Transformers has outsold Masters bigtime!

That all being said, I have a very special place in my heart for He-man and the Masters of the Universe. It is my number two favorite toy line behind an impressive list of contenders that includes....

- Star Wars

- GI Joe

- Robotech

- Gundam

- M.A.S.K.

- Starriors

- Thundercats

- Voltron

- Ghostbusters (The REAL Ghost Busters)

...with honorable mentions going to Mega Force, Starcom, Dino Riders, and Go Bots

The bottom line though, Transformers RULE!
    Last edited by starbasetoys; May 31, 2007 at 08:07pm.