Well, last week's thread on the Wind Raider got some very good responses, actually more than I thought it might.
I've had my fingers wrapped (hehe) for starting too many polls (Wind Raider review, and Sy-Klone vs. Kobra Khan battle scenario are no more). For reviews I thought it was a good way to get a quick rating of each figure/ep. I don't mind dropping it for the episode reviews, which generally don't generate as much feedback nowadays (maybe because we've done all of the season one classics), but think it's maybe a shame for the figure reviews.
But dems the rules!

So, with a poll which will be my last for a while..... I don't ordinarily do two figures at once, at this is likely to be the occasion (bar maybe Rotar and Twistoid much later on), but these two guys are so similar that I thought I'd roll them into one. It's the first variant versions of each, it is... BATTLE ARMOR HE-MAN and BATTLE ARMOR SKELETOR.

Coming at the start of the third wave, these were the first variant versions of each figure. We'd had the original He-Man and the original Skeletor, and these two versions started the trend of having new versions of each with each new wave. Although

The gimmick of these two versions that the emblem on their new body armor would spin around to show 'damage' when hit (akin to several other Mattel 'damage' toys, such as cars, etc.). With another hit, they'd spin around to show even more damage (although with a hard enough hit, the spindle would spin straight around from normal to double-damaged). You could then use your fingers to walk it back into undamaged position (although some young kids that I knew found this a bit awkward to do with their tiny fingers, often having to get a parent to do it!).

I like the designs of He-Man and Skeletor's new armor. They were shown to be wearing this armor in a great many other MOTU material (although, as with all He-Man and Skeletor variants, never in the Filmation cartoon series).

Especially here in the United Kingdom, Battle Armor He-Man & Battle Armor Skeletor were very commonly available in a double pack. Also I wasn't as keen on some of the later revamps, thinking they were rather pointless, I really liked these versions; I always longed for them, but never had them originally. As I think I've mentioned on past review threads, one trip to some relations I seldom saw, they gave me a Tri-Klops, not knowing I already had one (actually it was a stroke that they got the right toy-line). I took it to the local High Street, without receipt, where I tried to exchange it for a Battle Armor Skeletor, but the lady on the till said she couldn't. But it worked out okay, as I took it to another toy-shop where I swapped it for the newly released Sy-Klone!

The figures are quite common on the second-hand market, though the damage spindle is sometimes worn and lose. They can be found in both soft head and hard rubber head versions.
The figures are sometimes incorrectly referred to as "Battle Damage He-Man / Skeletor".

Nowadays, I have quite a few BA He-Man & Skeletors. I also have a French produced BA He-Man, with bright yellow hair, different belt and skin colour, and slightly different detailing on the damage spindle.

I've also seen possible evidence of a variant silver sword, possibly issued with some Battle Armor He-Mans, but have never found hard proof (see this thread).

Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor were sort-of-ish present in the revamped 200x toy-line. There were figures called Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor, but they resembled the vintage figures in name only.

I really like Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor, they are possibly my favourite variants (maybe excluding the ultra-rare Laser Lights). I give them a high scoring 9 out of 10.

So there are my thoughts on these two figures.
I'd really like to hear your thoughts, comments, criticisms, memories and what-not on them. And whether you post your thoughts or not, don't forget to rate them in the poll - it may be the last for a while!