Thread: Correct episode order!

Hybrid View

Hun

Correct episode order!

Is there anywhere on the net a list of the episodes in broadcast order or the order they were made in?? not the production-code order.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Isn't there a quite lengthy old thread about this? Maybe I imagined it (possible).

Anyway, Busta has mentioned that he has access to an original US broadcast order, although (as far as I know) it has never been posted yet.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

The production order IS the order they were made in.
    If you mean the chronological order, the one we used in the DVD is the most correct one, even if we arranged thing here and there.
    I don't know if we have a broadcast ordere somewhere, but it may be possible that they haven't been broadcast with a chronological order since the beginning.

Hun
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The production order IS the order they were made in.
    If you mean the chronological order, the one we used in the DVD is the most correct one, even if we arranged thing here and there.
    I don't know if we have a broadcast ordere somewhere, but it may be possible that they haven't been broadcast with a chronological order since the beginning.
    Actually the order on the DVDs is not correct. It is correct continuity-wise, but there was almost no continuity in he-man. You can see it's wrong if you look at the end credits. They changed them from time to time. Like the first 16 episodes made, had a different end credits than the later ones. Take a look at the end credits in those episodes:

Diamond Ray of Disappearance
    Teela’s Quest
    Colassor Awakes
    The Dragon Invasion
    The Time Corridor
    She-Demon of Phantos
    The Curse of the Spellstone
    Creatures of the Tar Swamp
    The Song of Celice
    Disappearing Act
    Evil-Lyn’s Plot
    Reign of the Monster
    A Friend in Need
    Like Father, Like Daughter
    Prince Adam No More
    Dawn of Dragoon

The next episodes added Erika Scheimer to the cast list and misspelled Linda Gary's name as Linda Gray. The names are now much more prominent.

The last 10 episodes spelled her name Linda Gary. Those episodes were:
    The Once and Future Duke
    Search for the VHO
    The Huntsman
    The Remedy
    Evilseed
    House of Shokoti Part I
    House of Shokoti Part II
    Pawns of the Game Master
    Golden Disks of Knowledge
    The Heart of a Giant

I am assuming these were the last 10 episodes to be made.

Season 2.

The last 32 episodes of season 2 changed the year from 1984 to 1985 in the end credits, and the jawbridge was animated. So, the last episodes of season 2 to be made were:

Origin of the Sorceress
    A Trip to Morainia
    Battlecat
    The Time Wheel
    Journey to Stone City
    The Secret of Grayskull
    No Job Too Small
    The Bitter Rose
    The Gambler
    The Eternia Flower
    Teela's Triumph
    Double Trouble
    Orko's New Friend
    Mistaken Identity
    Monster on the Mountain
    To Save the Creatures
    Capture the Comet Keeper
    Orko's Return
    Battle of the Dragons
    Happy Birthday Roboto
    Visitors from Earth
    Search for a Son
    The Toy Maker
    The Magic Falls
    Time Doesn't Fly
    Here, There, Skeletors Everywhere
    Beauty and the Beast
    The Cold Zone
    Bargain with Evil
    The Games
    The Ancient Mirror of Avathar
    The Problem with Power

There is an article about this here:

http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...riations.shtml
    Last edited by Hun; June 10, 2007 at 07:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    Actually the order on the DVDs is not correct. It is correct continuity-wise
    That's what I said
    We altered the produciton order to be correct continuity-wise

but there was almost no continuity in he-man.
    True, that's why we altered very little the order: to fix the only few problems with the continuty.

You can see it's wrong if you look at the end credits.
    Again, it isn't wrong. We changed it on purpose.

There is an article about this here:

http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...riations.shtml
    I know.. actually the person who wrote this article and decided the alteration on the DVD is the same.

Hun
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post

I know.. actually the person who wrote this article and decided the alteration on the DVD is the same.
    Strange... why wouldn't he make the changes more in the spirit of the article... these changed end-credits clearly indicate a shuffled order of episodes. Even season 2 end-credits has 1984/1985 back and forth on S2V1/2

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    Is there anywhere on the net a list of the episodes in broadcast order or the order they were made in?? not the production-code order.
    I know this is an old thread but wanted to let you know the correct Broadcast Aired Date Order is used via MyMovies database. http://mymovies.dk

He-Man Aired Date Order.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qCxzGyQ.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still longs wrong to me...

"Diamond Ray of Disappearance" aired in the UK before the rest of the world on 5th September 1983...it then didn't air in the United States until September 26th...

Also, I have the episode scripts, and according to that list some episodes aired BEFORE the episode had script had been finalized - That's just crazy!

Widget
    Oh whoops, yeah it's confusing when the order of cartoons get so mixed up! (especially when a DVD of something jumbles the order further)
    Oh well, doubt it will ever get sorted out properly.

- - - Updated - - -

The sources FileBot uses don't seem to be accurate as well.

http://www.filebot.net/

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Oh whoops, yeah it's confusing when the order of cartoons get so mixed up! (especially when a DVD of something jumbles the order further)
    In my book I have the dates for the 1985 batch of episodes correctly listed - However, and this is a rather interesting point, according to a few ex-Filmation staff members, even though air dates were specified, as they were often up against it (time-wise) they wouldn't always meet the deadline - As a result any official air dates are open to a great deal of speculation...

Also, the mix-up on the DVD releases is my fault - I had them rearrange some episodes for continuity purposes - BUT the one that still annoys me is that I suggested they place "The Problem With Power" as the LAST episode, as it has a feel of "closure" to it - Now a lot of people consider this the official last episode, when nothing could be further from the truth...

D'oh!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Also, the mix-up on the DVD releases is my fault - I had them rearrange some episodes for continuity purposes - BUT the one that still annoys me is that I suggested they place "The Problem With Power" as the LAST episode, as it has a feel of "closure" to it - Now a lot of people consider this the official last episode, when nothing could be further from the truth...

D'oh!
    You know, I often wondered about that; many thanks for the clarification.The Problem with Power is a favourite episode - so literate and thought-provoking in tone and content. It was one of Skeletor's most vindictive and damaging (and intelligent) plots - and it almost worked, too, in that he correctly analyzed the psychology of his antagonist and acted accordingly(for once!)

I always think that this episode in itself provides a fitting riposte to those who are obtuse enough to see the Filmation series as somehow 'childish' and that, in order to be 'adult', any portrayal of He-Man must have him wade in blood and slay wholesale. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Also, the mix-up on the DVD releases is my fault
    I also blame you for rigging the votes to get "Quest for He-man" as a "top episode" in an official release.