Thread: Continuity Horde Invasion?

Fsmiler

Continuity Horde Invasion?

Some of the continuity is skewed like watching My Friend, My Enemy seems to show that Hordak was originally from Etheria after all and the Horde must have invaded Etheria first then Eternia and back to Etheria? Correct or does someone else interpret this differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmiler View Post
    Some of the continuity is skewed like watching My Friend, My Enemy seems to show that Hordak was originally from Etheria after all and the Horde must have invaded Etheria first then Eternia and back to Etheria? Correct or does someone else interpret this differently?
    Very interesting point and I have noticed this before. That is very difficult to say, Hordak could have been conquering Etheria before, but that's hard to say since Noah (his teacher) said that he was angry at Hordak for being evil. Now this could be explained that since Noah lives in such a remote place that he would not have heard much about that Horde, but then why would Hordak bother learning from him at all if he was controlling Etheria? (I ask this since Hordak has stated his hatred for magic)

My own little theory is that Hordak had escaped from the Horde years ago and went to Etheria, there he learned his magic from Noah. Although once he found technology Hordak slowly turned away from magic. Horde Prime discovers Hordak and gives him one last chance to come back to the Horde, he then joins Horde Prime again and embraces the vast technology he offers him. (unfortunately my theory is very flawed in that it is implied that he trained skeletor magic. Sorry but this is all I can say)

All in all it is difficult to say for sure, the most one can get is theories (so what else is new?). Possibly Hordak met skeletor through a portal spell to Eternia or (and this goes against many theories on keldor/skeletor) he met him on Etheria. It's tough to say, but I am glad that there is a topic on this.

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Fsmiler
    Yeah it's difficult. He possibly invaded Eternia with the Horde as a Sorcrer primarily and came across Skeletor who he took under his wing as he realised that he would be of benefit to him then after his failure against Randor etc returning angry and decided that technology was best rather than magic.

So then he invades Etheria and this must be when he comes into contact with Light Spinner who becomes Shadow Weaver and bit by bit he puts together his evil Horde.

So before all this there must have been a point where he comes into contact with Horde Prime during his training with Noah and betrays Noah and becomes evil and then perhaps decides or is ordered to invade Eternia not Etheria and as he failed with Eternia, Etheria seems like a good place then.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Well, how about this for a theory:

Hordak was originally an average humanoid from Etheria. At some point he studied under Noah, where he learned the ways magic. Either during his tutelage or soon thereafter, he learned of the Horde--an intergalactic army built in secret by his estranged older brother--through one of their scout patrols. Intrigued by the promises of wealth and power the Hordesmen plied him with, Hordak signed-up.

One of the first missions assigned to Hordak was the invasion of Eternia. Horde Prime had sent a scouting force there recently, but all communication with his men had been disrupted by something or someone, and he wanted answers. While leading the campaign against the forces of King Miro and his son, Hordak encountered Skeletor, whom he took under his wing.

Despite their best efforts, the Horde was unable to defeat the armies of Eternia and the magical might of Castle Grayskull. Bitter over his losses, and frightened by the prospective of his brother's wrath, Hordak decided to take a different tract: he began relying more and more on technology to meet his needs, even going so far as to have the Horde scientists build cybernetic limbs to replace his natural ones.

Hordak personally led the next assault against Palace Eternia, where he unleashed the might of his new cybernetics. Working in combination with Skeletor's magic, Hordak was able to break through the palace's defenses and kidnap Princess Adora. Unfortunately for Hordak, he was forced to leave Skeletor behind when he fled the kingdom.

Without the assistance of his magical student, Hordak was unable to hold back both Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress when they came to Snake Mountain looking for Adora. The commander used what little bit of magic he still had to open a dimensional gateway to his home planet--Etheria--where he hoped to remain in hiding.

Although the forces of Eternia did not know where to look for him, his older brother did. Horde Prime personally led his army to Etheria, where they easily overtook the agriculturally-inclined people of the planet. When he finally found Hordak and Adora, he decided to spare their lives, at least for now. As punishment for abandoning his post on Eternia, Horde Prime instructed Hordak to remain on the backwater planet of Etheria as governor.

Hordak was content to stay on Etheria for a time, until he could build-up enough power to complete his first mission. However, to overcome the magical forces of Eternia, he would need another mage at his side: That is when he met a young sorceress in training, who easily betrayed the leaders of Etheria: Light Spinner.

Anyway, that's my take on things...
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Well, how about this for a theory:

Hordak was originally an average humanoid from Etheria. At some point he studied under Noah, where he learned the ways magic. Either during his tutelage or soon thereafter, he learned of the Horde--an intergalactic army built in secret by his estranged older brother--through one of their scout patrols. Intrigued by the promises of wealth and power the Hordesmen plied him with, Hordak signed-up.

One of the first missions assigned to Hordak was the invasion of Eternia. Horde Prime had sent a scouting force there recently, but all communication with his men had been disrupted by something or someone, and he wanted answers. While leading the campaign against the forces of King Miro and his son, Hordak encountered Skeletor, whom he took under his wing.

Despite their best efforts, the Horde was unable to defeat the armies of Eternia and the magical might of Castle Grayskull. Bitter over his losses, and frightened by the prospective of his brother's wrath, Hordak decided to take a different tract: he began relying more and more on technology to meet his needs, even going so far as to have the Horde scientists build cybernetic limbs to replace his natural ones.

Hordak personally led the next assault against Palace Eternia, where he unleashed the might of his new cybernetics. Working in combination with Skeletor's magic, Hordak was able to break through the palace's defenses and kidnap Princess Adora. Unfortunately for Hordak, he was forced to leave Skeletor behind when he fled the kingdom.

Without the assistance of his magical student, Hordak was unable to hold back both Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress when they came to Snake Mountain looking for Adora. The commander used what little bit of magic he still had to open a dimensional gateway to his home planet--Etheria--where he hoped to remain in hiding.

Although the forces of Eternia did not know where to look for him, his older brother did. Horde Prime personally led his army to Etheria, where they easily overtook the agriculturally-inclined people of the planet. When he finally found Hordak and Adora, he decided to spare their lives, at least for now. As punishment for abandoning his post on Eternia, Horde Prime instructed Hordak to remain on the backwater planet of Etheria as governor.

Hordak was content to stay on Etheria for a time, until he could build-up enough power to complete his first mission. However, to overcome the magical forces of Eternia, he would need another mage at his side: That is when he met a young sorceress in training, who easily betrayed the leaders of Etheria: Light Spinner.

Anyway, that's my take on things...
    Very cool. I really like this theory but, you mention Horde Prime's relation to Hordak and that Hordak had found out about the Horde. I'm interested in hearing as to if Hordak is a humanoid from Etheria then how is he related to Horde Prime? Was he born on Horde World and somehow got to Etheria? Just curious, I really like your take on this.

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Fsmiler

Interesting

Yeah I like some of that theory...
    Perhaps Horde Prime blew off some off Hordak's limbs as punishment for his failure on Eternia...

Heroic Warrior
    I personaly pretend Horde Prime does not exist I my world HORDAK Rules the Horde

I like Telkan2's account of the events, but one thing I'd like to add that hasn't been metioned is that the Horde has only been in control of Etheria for about ten years*, so that leaves around nine years from the time they abducted ADORA to the time they took over Etheria. I'd assume they were out conquering other worlds during this time.

Given this, we can also estimate the ages of some of the other characters. SHADOW WEAVER is about 30** and CASTASPELLA is about 22**.

* In Micah of Bright Moon, ANGELLA and GLIMMER state, "We were so happy before..." "Before the Horde came." In the flashback shown, GLIMMER appears to be 4-6 years old, and throughout the series she can't be more than 16, though her behaviour suggests she's about 13-14.

** In the flashbacks in The Price of Power WEAVER is shown at around 20, and CASTA is 12 according to the script. NORWYN states that "It all happened shortly after the Horde first arrived on Etheria," though he looks like he's aged more than one decade.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

well... it becomes difficult when you take into account the mini-comic from MOTU where Hordak explains that he helped build the ancient Central Tower...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    I personaly pretend Horde Prime does not exist. In my world HORDAK Rules the Horde
    I do too! Same story with Bravestarr's Tex Hex and Stampede.
    Hmm ... maybe Stampede and Horde Prime are brothers haha!?
    They have lots of similarities ...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    I do too! Same story with Bravestarr's Tex Hex and Stampede.
    Hmm ... maybe Stampede and Horde Prime are brothers haha!?
    They have lots of similarities ...
    Maybe they are one & the same funny you never do see them together do you...hmmmm

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    Very cool. I really like this theory but, you mention Horde Prime's relation to Hordak and that Hordak had found out about the Horde. I'm interested in hearing as to if Hordak is a humanoid from Etheria then how is he related to Horde Prime? Was he born on Horde World and somehow got to Etheria? Just curious, I really like your take on this.
    I'm glad you guys liked my theory. As for Horde Prime (who is one of the most intreaguing characters in my opinion), I believe that he is humanoid himself. I believe he was a powerful being, who formed an equally powerful army.

However, as his forces grew, he began to fear those closest to him--believing they were plotting to usurp his power. By now he was getting older, and felt that he couldn't hold out against the betrayals of his warlords much longer.

In secret, he had a giant exo-suit built; all of its components were fashioned separately by vendors who knew nothing of the final product. Once the suit--a moving citadel in many ways--was complete, he revealed himself to his minions. Horde Prime's first act was the annihilation of those that sought to betray him.

For many years, Horde Prime ruled the Horde without incident. Though his body was frail and weak with age, Horde Prime was safe and secure within. Beneath the shilded hull of his suit there were living quarters, a medical suite, and other necessary items. Had the suit not succumbed to age, it could have kept Horde Prime alive forever...

However, not long after his scouts disappeared on Eternia, the exo-suit's systems began to fail. First there were the intermitant sparks of energy that would erupt along the dulled surface. Then, the metal casing along the arms began to rust and corode. By the time Etheria fell to the Horde, he had lost the use of his mechanical legs.

Once more, Horde Prime could sense the wolves at his door. Unfortunately, he was too well known by now to secretly build another suit. The only option left to him was to stay mobile. He disguised his most powerful warship as an asteroid, and sequestered himself once more, secretly darting across the universe and staying one step ahead of his adversaries...
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmiler View Post
    Yeah it's difficult. He possibly invaded Eternia with the Horde as a Sorcrer primarily and came across Skeletor who he took under his wing as he realised that he would be of benefit to him then after his failure against Randor etc returning angry and decided that technology was best rather than magic.

So then he invades Etheria and this must be when he comes into contact with Light Spinner who becomes Shadow Weaver and bit by bit he puts together his evil Horde.

So before all this there must have been a point where he comes into contact with Horde Prime during his training with Noah and betrays Noah and becomes evil and then perhaps decides or is ordered to invade Eternia not Etheria and as he failed with Eternia, Etheria seems like a good place then.
    In Which media does the name Noah appear. I never heard of him before. Anyone know the source of his name.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    well... it becomes difficult when you take into account the mini-comic from MOTU where Hordak explains that he helped build the ancient Central Tower...
    Maybe he's a time traveler...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I don't know where he got the name Noah from but this thread is over 2 years old, the author isn't even a member anymore. *sighs*
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    I don't know where he got the name Noah from but this thread is over 2 years old, the author isn't even a member anymore. *sighs*
    That's a good bloody question. I thought that was a pretty recently revelation? Where did he pull the name Noah from?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    That's a good bloody question. I thought that was a pretty recently revelation? Where did he pull the name Noah from?
    I believe Noah is in the POP episode "My Friend, My Enemy". He's the old wizard of Woeful Mountain who taugh Hordak his magic.

This is the episode where Skeletor and Catra conspire to get rid of Hordak with the Doomberry Pie. The only cure is for someone to cry for Hordak. She-Ra asks him if there's anyone he thinks that might do that for him and he mentions Noah.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This is one of the most interesting theories I've read in a while! Telkan2 I think you might be on to something. It's reasonable to believe that Horde Prime is humanoid considering that he has a humanoid son (Prince Zed) as featured in "The Peril of Whispering Woods". In that episode Prince Zed refers to Hordak as his uncle. Therefore it's also reasonable to believe that Horde Prime and Hordak are brothers. Hmm.... the wheels in my head are now turning....

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Hadn't it been 2000 years or somesuch since Horde Prime's last holiday in HP takes a Holiday? Hellava old, anyway...

where was the name Noah derived from. Is it from shera or was it from some other mythos?