Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cereal:geek

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaTate View Post
    I made a little video for Cereal Geek!
    Awesome!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Been impressed by the covers for years, finally ordered some old issues tonight!

And put in for the big pre-order. Hope this pre-order goes through too for issues 9-16.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Been impressed by the covers for years, finally ordered some old issues tonight!
    Thank you - You ROCK!

And put in for the big pre-order. Hope this pre-order goes through too for issues 9-16.
    Thanks for pre-ordering, too! - I should be posting an update as to how pre-orders are going in the next day or so...

Hey James, had a quick question. If we order all 8 issues, at what rate will they ship out? Do they get mailed individually when each is available? Thanks, love the magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Hey James, had a quick question. If we order all 8 issues, at what rate will they ship out? Do they get mailed individually when each is available?
    Each issue will be mailed out when the pre-order targets are reached - That said, I'm hoping to print a couple of issues back-to-back - It's hard to know how these pre-orders are going to work out... - But I have my fingers well and truly crossed!

Thanks, love the magazine
    Thank you for the kind words!

Thanks, I'll be putting in an order for all 8 plus issue 2 in the next week or so.

Thanks, I'll be putting in an order for all 8 plus issue 2 in the next week or so.
    Thank you in advance!

As soon as I get home, I'll check on what issues I'm missing and order these. Beautiful magazine!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    As soon as I get home, I'll check on what issues I'm missing and order these. Beautiful magazine!
    AWESOME - That is very much music to my ears!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Thank you - You ROCK!

Thanks for pre-ordering, too! - I should be posting an update as to how pre-orders are going in the next day or so...
    You're welcome! I've been visiting your MOTU blog for years, and just like finally joining the he-man.org forums a few years ago, I finally caved in after all this time of being a fan.

Issue Five was sold out on the cereal:geek website, so I ordered one on Graham Cracker Comics. Just came today. As my first cereal:geek mag, let me say, it's chock full of 80's animation glory. Truly chock full. I love it!

It's such a nice magazine with such nice print and colorful artwork, I'm being overly careful even reading the pages. The whole magazine is an art piece. Definitely excited to get the back-issues (may the Royal Mail be swift across the Atlantic), and of course the upcoming pre-orders!!! The covers for issues 11 and 12 finally sold me on giving it a try last week.

If anyone is on the fence about this magazine, as a first time buyer and guy who is extremely picky in magazines/comics, this is a winner.

Will be putting in my pre-order for the issue 2 reprint and MOTU guide in the next few days!

Wheres my "Like" button!?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

You're welcome! I've been visiting your MOTU blog for years, and just like finally joining the he-man.org forums a few years ago, I finally caved in after all this time of being a fan.

Issue Five was sold out on the cereal:geek website, so I ordered one on Graham Cracker Comics. Just came today. As my first cereal:geek mag, let me say, it's chock full of 80's animation glory. Truly chock full. I love it!
    Issues four and five were the issues in which the magazine "found its feet" - Issue one was rather experimental, so I often tell people that issue four is a great jumping on point!

It's such a nice magazine with such nice print and colorful artwork, I'm being overly careful even reading the pages. The whole magazine is an art piece.
    I think that's the thing I most commonly hear - People see preview pages on-line and enjoy what they see, but it's not until they physically HOLD the magazine that they think, "This is actually a QUALITY production!"

Definitely excited to get the back-issues (may the Royal Mail be swift across the Atlantic), and of course the upcoming pre-orders!!! The covers for issues 11 and 12 finally sold me on giving it a try last week.
    It's always interesting to hear what prompted people into making the purchase - I consider this "market research"...

If anyone is on the fence about this magazine, as a first time buyer and guy who is extremely picky in magazines/comics, this is a winner.

Will be putting in my pre-order for the issue 2 reprint and MOTU guide in the next few days!
    I cannot begin to thank you for the truly FANTASTIC things you have said about the magazine - But I'll try...THANK YOU!

Will you be at SDCC James? If so, will I be able to purchase any back issues of Cereal Geek there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Will you be at SDCC James? If so, will I be able to purchase any back issues of Cereal Geek there?
    Sadly, I won't be at the SDCC - It would cost the price of producing one magazine to fly out there, transport the magazines, AND pay for a table...as much as I'd love to!

I'm not sure if Graham Crackers Comics will be at SDCC, but if they are they may actually have some issues on sale...

James, I've enjoyed the magazine for the first 9 issues but issue 10's article by Lesley Ibbotson completely turned me off. Where she referred to Hordak "Taking aim at a defenceless spaceship is tactics that only the US Army can relate too." is not only a horrible sentence but is very offensive to those of us that have friends and family that are serving or are veterans. Was it ever considered that there might be a reader that has served in the US Army or do you not care? I can no longer support the magazine and you can let Ms. Ibbotson know that her ignorant opinions have lost the magazine a reader

James, I've enjoyed the magazine for the first 9 issues but issue 10's article by Lesley Ibbotson completely turned me off. Where she referred to Hordak "Taking aim at a defenceless spaceship is tactics that only the US Army can relate too." is not only a horrible sentence but is very offensive to those of us that have friends and family that are serving or are veterans. Was it ever considered that there might be a reader that has served in the US Army or do you not care? I can no longer support the magazine and you can let Ms. Ibbotson know that her ignorant opinions have lost the magazine a reader
    Hey, give James a break. Allthough you might have been offended by an article it was only published by him, not written by him. If you want to take aim at anyone it shoud be at the writer Ms. Ibbotson. To boycott all future publications by James just seems a bit silly and over the top.

James is trying to publish 8 of these at the same time. Also he does not write all the articles or do all the artwork. I agree with atlas0413, boycott the writer not the magazine.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Apologies for the delay in replying - I've just got back from my lengthy US-based trip...

I'm sorry if you were offended by the article - Yes, as editor of the magazine I have the ability to remove, change, or alter comments - However, while Lesley's comment may have been somewhat flippant, it's a remark that she felt best illustrated the Horde-related scene in a real world context - At the end of the day, as with ANY publication, I want to ensure that the author's message remains intact - The magazine is full of differing opinions, and on many an occasion they have ventured into real world issues...

I hope you give the magazine another chance - But if not, then I'm sorry to see you go...

I understand the reason of Viking, but I think James can't censure an opinion, I appreciate the great effort and the quality of Cereal Geek.