Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: he-man swing set?

You should restore and keep it. The most you'll probably get for it in that condition is probably $400 tops just because of the rarity. IMO that's not enough money to part with it.

Widget
    Yeah you might be right. That's WAY less than I would sell it for, the bouncy version sells for over 2000 bucks, and its no where near as rare as this one. I understand that the condition would effect the price, but all that's wrong with this is literally the paint. I may throw it on ebay for some absurd amount of money and see what happens, but I think i might keep it. Any ideas on what type of paint I should use?

Quote Originally Posted by tanman51 View Post
    Yeah you might be right. That's WAY less than I would sell it for, the bouncy version sells for over 2000 bucks, and its no where near as rare as this one. I understand that the condition would effect the price, but all that's wrong with this is literally the paint. I may throw it on ebay for some absurd amount of money and see what happens, but I think i might keep it. Any ideas on what type of paint I should use?
    Not sure. Best to go to a crafts/art store and ask them.

That is really cool. I hope you restore him!

I did get that chair mib.....sweet
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Thanks for the welcome Aeolus,

Here are some pics of the battle cat. As you can see its just as I stated before. The paint is worn almost completely, but the actual cat is in near mint shape. This is perfect for someone who wants a super rare item, or even wants to restore it. I also included a pic of the original swing parts that held the cat onto the swing set. I have been torn over if I want to sell it, or have it repainted and use it as a booth draw at toy shows. Just let me know! Attachment 84066Attachment 84067Attachment 84068Attachment 84069Attachment 84070
    Keep it! Go with your idea to use it as a booth draw.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hey tanman!

When I repainted my ride-on Battle Cat I used Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint. They have a Burgundy that matches the saddle perfectly, and I think I used the Hunter Green for the body. I'm having my buddy Tyke work on the stripes for me since I suck at actual painting...

Here's a thread with my progress:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tlecat-ride-on

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind... You put it on Ebay...
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Hey tanman!

When I repainted my ride-on Battle Cat I used Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint. They have a Burgundy that matches the saddle perfectly, and I think I used the Hunter Green for the body. I'm having my buddy Tyke work on the stripes for me since I suck at actual painting...

Here's a thread with my progress:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tlecat-ride-on

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind... You put it on Ebay...
    Never fear Scar, I wont be selling my battle-cat, . I only put him on Ebay because I am getting married in August and I promised my fiance that I would TRY to sell the battle-cat for some extra wedding money. She agreed that I could price it for whatever I decided was fair, and factor in my sentimental value as well. The deal was that I had to post it ONCE, for at least three days at whatever price I agreed on and see if it sold. So I priced it HIGH, so high I am sure it wont actually sell, . I even put in the listing that this was the only time it would ever be listed. She has been GREAT with my collecting and spending over the years, so I really couldn't tell her no. So I am going to be restoring him, and very soon. Do you know the names of the exact colors you used? I would also appreciate some tips with spray painting, as I haven't done much of it. I am very accomplished with a brush, having even sold a few paintings before, but with any spray paint I am a novice other than a few custom G.I Joe toys I have done. I have at least two toy shows I am doing this summer, maybe four if my inventory stays up and I do well. The first one is on April 27, and I would love to debut Battle-Cat there, so any tips or help you could give would be much appreciated!!

Well personally I would instead start looking for a new wife!

Widget
    No, she is the best! She puts up with a LOT of collecting, my basement has thousands of vintage toys in it, so asking me to get rid of the ones that have spilled over to our bedroom isn't too much of a demand, lol. Anyways, I did go with my booth draw idea, and we did excellent at our last toy show! made over 1600 just on Saturday, so for us that was a home run since we didn't take a lot of stuff. So, here are some of the pics of the restored Battle-Cat, thanks to Scar1321 for his help, as it turned out great!! I hand painted the stripes and face, even did a little work on the eyes and such, and then used the spray paint for his saddle and helmet. Let me know what you all think!!2013-04-24 14.27.41.jpg2013-04-24 14.27.50.jpg

No, she is the best! She puts up with a LOT of collecting, my basement has thousands of vintage toys in it, so asking me to get rid of the ones that have spilled over to our bedroom isn't too much of a demand, lol. Anyways, I did go with my booth draw idea, and we did excellent at our last toy show! made over 1600 just on Saturday, so for us that was a home run since we didn't take a lot of stuff. So, here are some of the pics of the restored Battle-Cat, thanks to Scar1321 for his help, as it turned out great!! I hand painted the stripes and face, even did a little work on the eyes and such, and then used the spray paint for his saddle and helmet. Let me know what you all think!!2013-04-24 14.27.41.jpg2013-04-24 14.27.50.jpg
    It looks good. Can you take a picture of the side so we can see the stripes?