View Poll Results: Should MVP kill off the Sorcerss?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • No...she is one of the best characters on MOTU.

117 58.21%
  • No...Teela needs to become the Green Goddess and fight for the Snake Men.

18 8.96%
  • Yes...Teela needs to take her throne.

41 20.40%
  • I could care less.

25 12.44%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Killing the Sorceress

Heroic Warrior

Killing the Sorceress

It was mentioned at comic con that the Sorceress was to have been killed by King Hiss and Teela would then become of the new Sorceress. Now this has me a bit ticked due to the fact that the Sorceress is pretty much the most intriguing character in the series. So I wanna here your thoughts on this topic and maybe the jarhead who was thinking of this idea over at MVP will understand that you just cant going around killing off our diva.

I think it would have been quite intresting, after all we always hear of teelas destiny as the sorceress and it would have been cool to see it happen.

Cant say id be to upset anyway as I didnt care much for the new sorceress

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I daresay I'm one of the hardcore Sorceress fans out there. I really wish we could have seen Teela take her mother's place. Did she have to die? dunno.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Ummm, to be fair, a fan asked about it first at the panel, so clearly some fans think it's be cool

And like Dean and Ian said, it's always been/will be Teela's destiny to be the Sorceress. So we'd have to have seen it someday.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Meh, who cares? What use is the Sorceress? She's essentially worthless. Her whole schtick is Guardian of Greyskull and she needs to get He-Man to do it for her. At least if MYP HAD done it, it would have made an otherwise dull season remotely interesting.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

I took it to mean that she would have died towards the end of the series, rather than simply randomly in the middle of the third season.

At least they were actually planning on doing something with Teela and the Sorceress.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Doesn't matter to me too much one way or another.

I wouldnt mind Teela becoming the Green Goddess. Though, I still think the GG as a person all her own..or so she seems now due to fanfic, and art etc. etc.

And i will confess it always annoyed me that the Sorceress, who is dreadfully powerful never got to use those powers. But thats lame writing.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Don't want to see it happen soon, but before the series is over, of course it should. There isn't really an option in the poll for me because I want it to happen toward the end of the series. In the last season after the show has been on for several years.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Definitely NO, then I prefer Teelo to Die!
    Pammy is the Greatest ans Most Beautyfull Girl off all Times.....whitout a Doubt.

Court Magician
    The Sorceress has always been my favorite caracter, so of course I say a resounding "NO!"
    Her new incarnation was a bit of a shock, but I got over that quickly. I almost liked it better than the original cartoon look.
    Her attitude took a little longer, but I actually understood it after a while. This is a woman who basically got sealed inside a castle for how many decades with little to no human contact. She had her husband walk out without knowing what happened to him, then had to give up her only child. I think anyone would be more than half mad in that situation if they didn't take extreme measures to close up emotionally.
    Her lack of any power or ability was extremely annoying however. I did not want her more powerful than He-man, but honestly. She was always too weak from this, or couldn't handle that. I just put it down to really bad writing. They really didn't seem to know how to handle the women in the new series at all. Except Evil-Lyn, who actually had power and got to use it.

I vote kill her (or banish her to another dimension)- not because of any dislike of the character or shock value, but for story progression. What is the point introducing the possibility of Teela being the next Guardian of Greyskull- and then never tackle that story line?

I like the idea- that would have added character development not alone to Teela- but Adam, He-man, MAA, Randor, etc. It would have brought the effectiveness of the Master down a notch- put them back on even ground against Skeletor crew, the Snakemen, and the Horde.

I didn't like this incarnation of the Sorceress, so if they had killed her, it would haven't bothered me at all.

No.

I would've preferred a version of "Teela's Triumph" (Teela faces her destiny without the Sorceress dying just yet.)

I'd like to see more of a relationship between Teela and The Sorceress (And for once, I'd like Teela to know her mother. After twenty-five years, is it REALLY asking too much? )
    Last edited by Mirage; July 29, 2007 at 08:42pm.

it could havemade for a very interestin story, but as it was they didn't explore these characters enough to make it have an impact. we didn't get to connect much with sorceress aside from the ties that bind ep and to a degree with out of the past, so it would have been just kind of - meh. I wouldn't WANT them to kill her though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

A big fan of Slush Head
    Why kill the sorceress!!? No way that would've sucked!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

There is no need to kill the sorceress. The thing they could have done and would have been interesting would have been a what if episode where it's like a dream or something.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Co-Creator of the NV
    I think that it would be cool later in the series, because it's a good death to have. Important character, good story potential, etc.

But I would want it to be closer to the end because I am not too nuts about the idea of having Teela be the sorceress.

They should giver her a more active role in the series. As Rook pointed out she is supposed to be the guardian of Castle Grayskull , but, whenever it is under threat she goes running to He-Man for help (okay she uses telepathy but you know what I mean)

I get the fact that she is bound to the castle and can't leave it while in human form and that is why she must become Zoar the falcon, but surely if she is as powerful as everybody claims, plus she lives in the castle where the power of the ancients/elder/whatever they are called (heck it is 3:20 am as I'm writing this so sue me if I can't remember) even if she cannot physically leave the castle she should still be magically powerful enough to affect things in a huge radius.

E.g. sit in her castle and make asteroids rain down on snake mountain.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    My concern with her having a more active role is that the good guys are already ridiculously power (at least in the filmation series). He-Man could defeat all the villains blindfolded, only using one hand, without having access to his sword. We need some villains who can actually give he-man a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I get the fact that she is bound to the castle and can't leave it while in human form and that is why she must become Zoar the falcon, but surely if she is as powerful as everybody claims, plus she lives in the castle where the power of the ancients/elder/whatever they are called (heck it is 3:20 am as I'm writing this so sue me if I can't remember) even if she cannot physically leave the castle she should still be magically powerful enough to affect things in a huge radius.

E.g. sit in her castle and make asteroids rain down on snake mountain.

She's generally a pacifist at heart (She fights only when she has to ... when there's no alternative.)

We're talking about someone who's lived through war and bloodshed (In my imagination, the Horde killed -- murdered -- both her family and her husband.)

After going through all THAT, she's no doubt keenly aware of what someone who possesses absolute power is capable of doing. She's seen how it can poison someone.

If anything, I see her striving to avoid becoming a person she despises -- a monster.
    Last edited by Mirage; July 29, 2007 at 10:57pm.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I am mixed in my feelings on this. I think things like this happened way too fast in the MYP cartoon. The audience didn't have enough time to get emotionally attached to the MYP Sorceress, so I definitely would not want to have seen her killed in that genre.

In general, do I think the Sorceress should be killed and see Teela replace her? Yes, absolutely. And after 7 years of the Sorceress in the classic continuity, I would have been ready to see her die in 1988 had the series continued.

Now as for King Hiss/Hsss being the one to off her? No. I'd prefer it to be Skeletor or Hordak.

I voted not to kill the Sorceress, but it would have been interesting to see how Teela would eventually take her mother's place.

I think it would have been far too early even in the 3rd season to kill the Sorceress. There is still plenty to do with her character development and Teela as well...

- J

I remain on the fence with this. I think it's a really great idea but I would want that much much much further down the track at least 3-4 seasons away.... this would be to give the sorceress her dues and go into depth about her lineage and history etc. Then even if she is replaced by Teela she should still feature strongly in the form of visions and being a spirit guide for Teela the young new sorceress.... it can be done tactfully to keep sorceress fans happy.
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!