Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: King Grayskull staction

  1. #1
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6

    King Grayskull staction

    Would this be a good choice for a staction? I think so

  2. #2
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,717
    I'd prefer to see a figure over a staction, but i'd like to see something made with him.

  3. #3
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,750
    I agree, if they do any MYP characters a King Grayskull staction would be cool.

  4. #4
    Wraith Worshipper StaticX999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hive Ship
    Posts
    2,473
    nope, don't want one, too much like he-man with a changed name.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    I'm not interested either. There are so many other characters (that weren't made into a toy in the 80s) that are more deserving (Marlena, Marzo, Evilseed). I would even prefer redo's over a King Grayskull staction.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Great Plains of Eternia
    Posts
    906
    I say YES, just as long as he's HUGE like in the cartoon and we get his Battle Lion too Also Huge.
    Figure or Staction, I'm pro King Grayskull.
    But then again, I'm pro everything MOTU.

    BBM-

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,250
    I'd like it, but, call me old-fashioned, I'd prefer to see He-Ro first!
    (basically, they are the same person...)

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Great Plains of Eternia
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'd prefer to see He-Ro first!
    Oh heck Yeah!

    BBM-

  9. #9
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,717
    I am pretty against BAF's, but if they did a new line that had BAF's *if Mattel is reading this, PLEASE DON'T*, King Grayskull would make a natural BAF choice.

  10. #10
    Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I am pretty against BAF's, but if they did a new line that had BAF's *if Mattel is reading this, PLEASE DON'T*, King Grayskull would make a natural BAF choice.
    Just one question: what the bloody hell is a BAF?

    Never assume that people will know what your non-standard abbreviations mean!

    As for King Grayskull, if he were made as a staction, that would be cool... as long as he's in scale with He-Man, i.e. noticeably larger than He-Man.

    And I disagree on the whole "King Grayskull is He-Ro" bit. Not true AT ALL! He-Ro was a WIZARD/SORCEROR, not a Power Sword wielding barbarian warrior! Duh!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I am pretty against BAF's, but if they did a new line that had BAF's *if Mattel is reading this, PLEASE DON'T*, King Grayskull would make a natural BAF choice.
    Whatīs a BAF?

    And why is King Grayskull basically the same person as He-Ro?
    King Grayskull was a warrior, He-Ro a powerful wizard. I donīt see any connection between those two.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'd like it, but, call me old-fashioned, I'd prefer to see He-Ro first!
    (basically, they are the same person...)
    Um...do people not know who Emiliano IS?!?!? It seems like lately people have specifically been disagreeing with him when he's one of the MOST knowledgeable MOTU folks there are!

    I'd LOVE a King Grayskull AND a He-Ro staction, by the way!

    And in case this didn't get answered yet, BAF means Build A Figure; like when Marvel Legends series' each come with a different body part of another character to build that character, eg Galactus, Sentenel, Apocalypse.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  13. #13
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,717
    A BAF is a Build A Figure *there's also a thread on it in this part of the forum*. It is basically when you get a bunch of parts from a large, dismembered figure as accessories that you can put together if you buy the whole wave. Marvel Legends does it a lot nowadays (Apocalypse, the Blob, a Sentinnel, Annhilus, Giant Man, Onslaught, etc).

    As for He-Ro and KG being the same character... well they're completely different, but I imagine that what the people are referring to is their similar roles in the histories of the various canons. They're both precursors to He-Man, they are both around before Castle Grayskull *KG built it, not sure about HR*, etc. Personally I would like a continuity that incorporated both of them.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,250
    He-Ro and King Grayskull are two different characters and yet thye are not.
    But Darth Latveris is totally right, I'm referring to their role.
    My point is, that KG isn't something completely new by MYP.

    The idea of a King of Grasykull existed since the beginning of MOTU.
    We saw the King of Grayskull in the very first minicomics, remember the shadowed figure?
    Then he became the spirit of Grayskull, the smoky ghost.
    In the show, the spirit became the giant fucsia head, but it was still him.
    Then He-Ro came in, and it was basically Mattel trying to figure out better the story about this misterious lord of Grayskull.
    He-Ro secret identity name is Gray.

    And there is one more evidence, something that make it so obvius.. but I don't know if we want to reveal that yet...myabe in a future update of the site.
    Let me just say we get our hands on a very cool old document

  15. #15
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,909
    Give me King Grayskull, He-Ro, El-Dor, Fearless Photog, Faceless One, Miro, Marzo, Evilseed, Dekker, and Marlena.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  16. #16
    *THE ORIGINAL* Hek-tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    eh..where I am?
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    And there is one more evidence, something that make it so obvius.. but I don't know if we want to reveal that yet...myabe in a future update of the site.
    Let me just say we get our hands on a very cool old document
    Awe....How long are we gonna have to wait?

  17. #17
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    Awe....How long are we gonna have to wait?
    You stole the words right out of my mouth!
    That's not Fair Emiliano!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  18. #18
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    He-Ro and King Grayskull are two different characters and yet thye are not.
    But Darth Latveris is totally right, I'm referring to their role.
    My point is, that KG isn't something completely new by MYP.

    The idea of a King of Grasykull existed since the beginning of MOTU.
    We saw the King of Grayskull in the very first minicomics, remember the shadowed figure?
    Then he became the spirit of Grayskull, the smoky ghost.
    In the show, the spirit became the giant fucsia head, but it was still him.
    Then He-Ro came in, and it was basically Mattel trying to figure out better the story about this misterious lord of Grayskull.
    He-Ro secret identity name is Gray.

    And there is one more evidence, something that make it so obvius.. but I don't know if we want to reveal that yet...myabe in a future update of the site.
    Let me just say we get our hands on a very cool old document
    The style guide that says he is He-Man and She-Ra's ancestor? or something completely unknown?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

  19. #19
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    And there is one more evidence, something that make it so obvius.. but I don't know if we want to reveal that yet...myabe in a future update of the site.
    Let me just say we get our hands on a very cool old document
    Here's my question - is the site going to EVER get updated?

    as for a KG staction, it would be cool - I'd want one - but LATE in the line after there's no old characters left to update - OR as an online exclusive.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  20. #20
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'd like it, but, call me old-fashioned, I'd prefer to see He-Ro first!
    Dang right!

    (basically, they are the same person...)
    No, no, no! Don't let He-Ro be tainted with such silliness as King Grayskull!

    Count me out for a King Grayskull staction. I am all for He-Ro though.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Here's my question - is the site going to EVER get updated?
    Yes it will
    it will need time.. I'm writing it all myslef and then we'll have to hire someone toprogram it.
    Then it'll be up to the users to keep it updated, we plan to make it really interactive!

  22. #22
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,725
    I would LOVE a King Grayskull Staction!!!!

    Bring him on please!!!

    Sorry Emil... BEFORE He-Ro!
    But I do agree with you on the whole Spirit of Grayskull thing... He's always been there!

    And I would love to see a He-Ro staction too... Don't read me as one being anti-He-Ro because I'm not, I'd love to see He-Ro as Emiliano drew him as a staction.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  23. #23
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,467
    Instead of going through the trouble deciding who I want and who I don't want as a staction I have decided upon the following

    I WANT EVERYONE!!!!

    Whether it is old, New, already been made or never had a toy / figure in its entire existence...if it is part of the MOTU universe...it must be made.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  24. #24
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Just one question: what the bloody hell is a BAF?
    I cracked up when I read this!

    And I am not laughing at your expense, because I can easily see how that would be confusing (in fact, the only reason I'm even familiar with the abbreviation is because I saw that other thread), but it was just the way you said it... that was really funny.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  25. #25
    Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hall of Wisdom
    Posts
    1,469
    Nope. Definitely not interested in a King Grayskull anything. But I'd totally go for a He-Ro staction or action figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •