241. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Ro

108 44.81%
  • King Grayskull

133 55.19%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: He-Ro vs King Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    He-Ro was never given much exposure so it's kind of unfair.

But bottom line, give me a big dude with a sword over a wizard any day!
    yeah but he-ro is a big dude with a sword and is a wizard,right? and im goin with he-ro,hes awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    If you “follow the rules just fine,” then how would you characterize your behavior for the last four pages?

When asked how I was to know information that had not yet been made available, you responded:

When I replied that I had been following the thread in question, but did not know/could not find in which post the information could be found, you responded:

When I asked for a clarification of the information posted, you responded:

Instead of addressing my questions or statements, you addressed me on a personal level:

When I replied that I would prefer that you address me directly, and not to speak of me in the third person, you responded:

When asked to reply to a post with the same manner of politeness in which it was posted, you responded:

Your have behaved rudely at every opportunity; in replying to the posts of others, when asked to be more polite in your responses, when reminded to conduct yourself according to Board Rules and Conduct.
    it takes to to tango,so if you didnt post and repost no matter how polite you try to be,your still involved,so your just as bad,you should've ignored him or not reply at all,so in a way,your throwin gas on the fire, why even argue?
    Last edited by kelddorr; September 15, 2009 at 09:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I prefer He-ro! No question!

He-Ro of course!!!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he-ro is a wizard & a warrior. he took on horde prime & the horde army.

I frankly prefer He-Ro, he is far more special, and being the most powerful wizard in the universe makes him different. King Grayskull is a bit too much of a overgrown He-Man, and his name is a bit disappointing, as I always thought Castle Grayskull was made by someone truly evil or very dark at least.

Heroic Warrior
    He ro for me.......Ive never liked the idea of King Grayskull.

I really wished they made The Powers of Grayskull because there would have been alot more snake men made for that line.

Heroic Warrior
    King Grayskull all the way.

He-Ro for me. No question.

Heroic Warrior
    Shouldn't we throw Wun-Dar (The Savage He-Man) into this as well. I think he came in after He-Ro, but he was known as He-Man as well before adam showed up later down the line. I know you all have probably seen this before but here is his bio. Just figured I would bring this up, it is interesting.

Wun-dar™ Bio

One hundred years before Prince Adam® was born, Wun-Dar™, a warrior from deep in the savage underground city of Tundaria, rescued a young woman who turned out to be the Goddess of Eternia®. Providing him with cosmic battle armor and a sophisticated ray gun that could tap into almost unlimited power, the Goddess tasked Wun-dar™ to protect both halves of the sword of He and keep them apart so as not to fall into the hands of evil. Like many warriors before him, Wun-dar™ became known as “The He-Man,” battling in a savage way to keep evil from obtaining the key to the great power hidden inside the long-forgotten Castle Grayskull®.

I picked He-Ro because he is intreguing, looks dynamic and new, and has history. Plus his MOTUC figure is just tops. THough I want my Vac Metal Armour (and now what with vac metal Hurricain Hordak, maybe someday).

But I do love Grayskull. Oh, dont get me wrong, I think the castle was ancient even before King Grayskull, and that he took his name from it, not the other way around.

But I love the idea of him. And with He-Ro, who I see as She-Ra's predescessor, Grayskull is He-Man's, so as a duo they work perfectly, whereas before I didnt like either alone by themselves enough to invest much thought into.

I love the warrior sorcerer and the gentle barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I often feel that the King gets dumped on just because he looks like He-Man. If he didn't, I bet more people 'round here would like him.
    I'm with you. King Grayskull does indeed get dumped on. I have often thought that if KG was done a little differently he would be much more widely accepted. If he didn't look just like He-Man (only bigger) and the power of Grayskull was something more than just the power of KG's will I think he would be FAR superior to He-Ro.

Personally, I don't like He-Ro's concept. The most powerful man in the universe with magic? Who could feasibly defeat a guy like that?

I always thought KG should have looked completely different except for the Grayskull symbol (although on a different harness design). I also thought that because Adam in the Filmation cartoon became darker when he transformed into He-Man that KG should have been dark-skinned - maybe similar to a Native American.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I've voted for King Grayskull. He has always been my favorite MotUC character and will stay it furthermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    Personally, I don't like He-Ro's concept. The most powerful man in the universe with magic? Who could feasibly defeat a guy like that?
    He-Ro's far from perfect. His original bio said that he was reckless, and lacked the wisdom that He-Man has. I always figured that he was still learning to use his abilities, and was a very headstrong impulsive character.

And although He-Ro is extremely powerful, he's still only one man. You would probably need an entire army to take him down, but he's not unstoppable.

I don't mind the idea of He-Ro. In fact, I like it a lot.

That said, King Grayskull is an awesome concept if utilized correctly, and one that I really think is interesting. I see what people mean when they say that D'vann Grayskull cheapens He-Man, but that's only because of the way He-Man's been written.

To be honest, between the He-Ro from "Powers of Grayskull" and the He-Ro from the proposed replacement cartoon, I definitely prefer the proposed one.

Grayskull though? What a wonderful idea. An aspirational figure for He-Man, an ancestor of his who possessed power and wisdom enough to unite Eternia completely? It gives "the Most Powerful Man in the Universe" a hero. That's a lot of fun, and it doesn't necessarily preclude He-Ro's existence either.

It will always be He-Ro as I always wanted him as a collector in the 80's. But I liked what the 200X stories did with KG although my one gripe would've been they should've just called him Grayskull. I don't think the King needed to be there but that's a small complaint on my part. And though some feel KG cheapens He-man the same can also be said as he cheapens He-Ro; Powers of Gryskull was Ro's era and it kinda got wiped clean. I like the concept that the power Ro brought with him begun an new era of Heroic character and started with Grayskull (though not ending with him), so this is where I think the He-man we all know and love is the total complete amalgamated combination of Ro and Grayskull truly making him the Most the Powerful Man in the Universe.

I really think the lack of media makes this hard for many of us cause, I'm sure He-Ro had many adventures way before he comes across D'vann. As for the others (Vikor, Oo-Larr, etc...) I think they just served as heroic protectors of the sword kinda like Thor's hammer; they are heroes but not worthy of it's power....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I had to vote for He-Ro, but that's because I had an identity, backstory, team, love interest and sequel series worked out for him back when even the 1987 Style Guide was an obscurity. If anyone remembers my old fanfic The Final Hours, that's how I would have ended He-Ro's first set of adventures against the Imperium Serpentis. The second, greater challenge would have come five years later, with the Second Infinitan War that would have given us the Hall of Wisdom, the Mystic Wall, and other bits from the line's ancient history.

I've never really bought into the Classics continuity, but the bits on the 200X DVD bios had me thinking of ways to reintegrate him into that series. (Warning: Elaborate fanficish bit follows)

I was considering him as a far-future heir to the Power of Grayskull who travelled back to He-Man and Skeletor's day, bringing the Three Towers (which I likewise reconcepted as future), Scare Glow as the ghost of Skeletor, and a Horde Supreme concept that somehow was and was not Hordak. (Fruit of an infinitely iterating time loop is the concept I'm toying with.) The end result would have been He-Ro and a 'young' Hordak travelling back even further to Grayskull's day. He-Ro would have died then, but not before bothing hiding his power within Grayskull (castle and/or King ), and marrying and siring a child with Grayskull's grown daughter Lumispera. That daughter, after the passing of her husband and her father, would have left her newborn son in Veena's care and left Eternia to find a home someplace else . . . Etheria, where she would transform herself into the spiritual guardian of Crystal Castle, Light Hope.

As for power level, yes, He-Ro's tricky to work with, but I never envisioned him as being nearly as strong as He-Man. He could probably hold his own against the 'second string' musclemen like Fisto or Whiplash, but his power is of a different type than the twins, and plays by its own rules. (For example, the Spell of Banishing he used at the end of PoG: The Legend Begins! is a one-time only deal. Magic on Preternia/Eternia is a changing, living thing, and sometimes casting a great spell changes the fabric of the magic so that the spell can never be used again. Cf. Skeletor's little jaunt in "The Menace of Trap-Jaw!")