• He-Ro

108 44.81%
  • King Grayskull

133 55.19%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Ro vs King Grayskull

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    . . . I didn't say what was the back story or what were our plans for the comics.

. . . Again, that has nothing to do with our comic though, that's my guess as a fan.
    So is that a confirmation or a denial that Keldor is intended to be a descendant of Grayskull in the comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    So is that a confirmation or a denial that Keldor is intended to be a descendant of Grayskull in the comic book?
    I can't confirm or deny anything

I can't confirm or deny anything.
    Hmmm, I wonder if this explains why posts have been edited and I can't find the quote I'm razzin' Adam_PoE about?

I know I read in the SDCC Panel thread that someone talked with Ian backstage and Ian said that Keldor IS a decendant of KG.

I looked Adam_PoE, and I can't find the quote anymore either.

I'm still with Emil though... It's logical that Keldor would be a decendant of KG as long as it came through their father Miro. Since he and Randor are confirmed brothers. Sure the KG line could have been through one of their mothers, we know Miro fathered these two brothers from different mothers. But now we seem to be back to just not knowing where that line came down exactly other than we know Adam is a decendant of KG.

We cannot confirm nor deny that Keldor is an heir of Grayskull.
    Last edited by Baena; August 9, 2007 at 10:22am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    And since we always knew Randor and Keldor were brothers, and we knew that since the classic series,
    The piece missing from the classic series, though, is that it was only hinted at, never established, that Keldor became Skeletor. The editors of the mini-comics alluded to the revelation as part of the Powers of Grayskull storyline, but that died after one minicomic without the revelation ever being made. And that was just the mini-comics; as far as we know, there was never a Keldor in the toon. Given that Skeletor arrived on Eternia with Hordak, there was no reason to believe that Skeletor had any previous link to the planet.

I've always detested the idea, anyway, because it once again lessens He-Man. If Keldor is Skeletor, then the main battle is between Skeletor and Randor, with He-Man/Adam simply caught in the middle. The whole dynamic changes with that focus.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

plus the evil uncle/brother thing is so cliche. I prefer the idea that he is simply a skull-headed evil sorcerer who is trying to steal the ultimate power from castle Grayskull...nice and simple
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Well if I can deny the presence of Prince Adam... Surely you guys can deny Skeletor being He-Man's uncle.

Yes there are official canons.

But when you're alone with your collection... You can imagine anything you want.

You can imagine that Evil Lyn is Man-At-Arm's wicked step mother and that Beastman is his father for all we care.

That's the beauty... Or hideousness... of our individual imaginations.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Baena's right, it's just like how I pretend Marlena's from Earth in MYP even though offically she's Eternian in MYP MOTU.

And Keldor being Randor's doesn't lessen anything for me, if anything, it makes the story more interesting.

And Baena, after I heard at the Mattel panel that KG was to harken back to "barbarian" He-Man, I could just picture in my mind you redoing all the old minicomics KG style.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    And Baena, after I heard at the Mattel panel that KG was to harken back to "barbarian" He-Man, I could just picture in my mind you redoing all the old minicomics KG style.
    EXCELLENT! *rubs hands together maliciously*

This is just me... But I would love it if they did a whole staction line for King Grayskull and the Elders before they were Elders.

We've already got a bunch of bad guys, what with the Snakemen and the Horde.

I would LOVE this very much... But I know it'll never happen.
    Well, never say never, but I have high doubts it would ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Keldor being an heir of Grayskull where did that come from?
    Edited:Baena, check out this thread, page 3 post 57, I guess that's the post you were refering to. It wasn't deleted.
    After the panel, Ian told me: Did you know Keldor was related to King Grayskull? That was all about it, nothing else on that topic.

It was one of the last things he told me after I was asking some questions about what was planned for the 3rd season and some characters in particular.

I was the one asking about The Sorceress dying and Teela becoming the new Sorceress of Grayskull as well as what kind of costume armor they had in mind for Teela. And I was thinking about Teela as an action figure and character developement and not as a doll with clothes in case my question was misunderstood at some point at the panel.

I was curios if she would have follow the bird path (Sorceress and Veena) or if writers could use the snake armor from the classic toyline line and make it her main armor as the Sorceress of Grayskull.

I thought it would be pretty cool, that Snake Armor would mean something (a cool detail from the classic line applied to the new story on MOTU) for us fans, IMO. Imagine a Teela figure or staction as the Sorceress of Grayskull!

I would love to see that! Besides, as well as Adam had to face the fact that he was becoming a super heroe when he was still a teenager, Teela would have to face the responsability of becoming Grayskull's guardian at the same age, so maybe she could understood Adam's attitud at that point, you know, how to deal with such a great power and such a HUGE responsability when you did not expected that and when you are still a teenager!

Well, at least I like what could have come from this.
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 9, 2007 at 05:21pm.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

GAHA!
    So THAT's where it was.
    I knew I wasn't making things up!
    Sorry for specifying the wrong thread A_PoE.
    But now I can razz you again, had WE been reading THIS thread, we wouldn't known that!

Thanks O'hartley!

Now we can put an end to the conspiracy theory of folks editing their posts.

*whew*

Love the ideas too of Teela becoming the Sorceress of Grayskull.
    And I would love ANY reason for the 4HM to do a staction of Teela with the Snake head dress on... But we all knew that already.
    Last edited by Baena; August 9, 2007 at 05:44pm.

GAHA!
    So THAT's where it was.
    I knew I wasn't making things up!
    Sorry for specifying the wrong thread A_PoE.

Thanks O'hartley!

Now we can put an end to the conspiracy theory of folks editing their posts.

*whew*
    We?

Your mind started that conspiracy, so it is yor duty to tell your mind to tell your hands to type an end to that conspiracy, so your mind can accept the fact that there weren't deleted posts (this time at least)! Just kidding!

You are welcome, BTW!

Love the ideas too of Teela becoming the Sorceress of Grayskull.
    And I would love ANY reason for the 4HM to do a staction of Teela with the Snake head dress on... But we all knew that already.
    I'm Sorry, we knew what? Am I missing something? I'm asking cuz I really don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, on that topic, Ian said there were some thoughts about merging bird and snake motives on her costume so that would be like a way to confront the Snake Men in that Snake Era (as well as He Man got his snake armor). On the other hand the sorceress wouldn't die dramatically...

Personally, I would rather all snake like the classic toyline. But that's my likey.

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by o'hartley View Post
    We?
    Your mind started that conspiracy, so it is yor duty to tell your mind to tell your hands to type an end to that conspiracy, so your mind can accept the fact that there weren't deleted posts (this time at least)! Just kidding!

You are welcome, BTW!
    Sorry, I can stop the conspiracy.

I'm Sorry, we knew what? Am I missing something? I'm asking cuz I really don't know what you're talking about.
    Sorry I thought everybody knew of my infatuation for the Green Goddess/Teela in the Snake armor.
    "we" was referring to everyone here on the boards. Not you and me, "we" as in all of us.

By the way, on that topic, Ian said there were some thoughts about merging bird and snake motives on her costume so that would be like a way to confront the Snake Men in that Snake Era (as well as He Man got his snake armor). On the other hand the sorceress wouldn't die dramatically...

Personally, I would rather all snake like the classic toyline. But that's my likey.
    Ah, the feathered serpent! SWEET!

You just keep leaking these nuggets of information with Ian...

When are you going to spill it all out!!!
    How much more is there to know of your conversation with Ian?!

Sorry, I can stop the conspiracy.
    Thank God, I was starting to get paranoic about folks deleting my posts.

Sorry I thought everybody knew of my infatuation for the Green Goddess/Teela in the Snake armor. "we" was referring to everyone here on the boards. Not you and me, "we" as in all of us.
    Oh I remember your Green Goddes a long time ago, I loved her! I'd vote for her, I just didn't know you thought of her as Teela. I just thought she was the Green Goddes from the old minicomics.

BTW, I got perfectly the "we" thing, thanx for leting me know anyway.

So where can I find out more about this Green Goddes of yours?

Ah, the feathered serpent! SWEET!

You just keep leaking these nuggets of information with Ian...

When are you going to spill it all out!!!
    How much more is there to know of your conversation with Ian?!
    Well, I realized no one was interested on what I've said/hinted about MYP cartoon or my little conversation with Ian. Most people is geting towars the "new" He Man figure we saw at the Con and their expectations about it and do not care about a "dead" cartoon or what could have happened with that story and that's cool.

I do care about a dead cartoon, I would love to see what was planned for it and much more. We were geting many twists and character developement, conspiracies, aliances, we were about to get the Horde and all the posibilities that could bring to us! I guess I would like to continue where we stopped (better managed than before of course) instead of starting a whole new story again. U know what I mean?

Not much info left, believe me, just a couple of questions I already post their answers here and there in some threads, some stuff I asked and some other stuff I did not asked but I was told, so I got happy with the could's.

I would say, lets go for more! Let's continue where we were stopped! I would love to see more of this on the dvd's extras on interviews with Ian and Dean, etc!

Cool thing is what he said about that if the MYP dvd's sell well anything could happen! As well as with the He Man Live Movie!

So... yeeeeeeeeei!

I could trade some info though.
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 9, 2007 at 07:14pm.

O'hartley

It's logical that Keldor would be a decendant of KG as long as it came through their father Miro. Since he and Randor are confirmed brothers. Sure the KG line could have been through one of their mothers, we know Miro fathered these two brothers from different mothers.
    This of course is presuming that Adam is a descendant of Grayskull through the father or mother of Randor, and not through the bloodline of Marlena.

It was one of the last things he told me after I was asking some questions about what was planned for the 3rd season and some characters in particular.

I was the one asking about The Sorceress dying and Teela becoming the new Sorceress of Grayskull as well as what kind of costume armor they had in mind for Teela.
    Was it stated, "The Sorceress was to die, and Teela was to become the Sorceress," or did you ask, "Hypothetically, if the Sorceress was to die, would Teela become the Sorceress, and if so, could you describe her character design?"

Based on your post, I am not certain whether it was stated that this was to be the case, or if it was simply a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question.

This of course is presuming that Adam is a descendant of Grayskull through the father or mother of Randor, and not through the bloodline of Marlena.?
    I think this should put a stop to the dabate:
    After the panel, Ian told me: Did you know Keldor was related to King Grayskull?
    If Keldor is related to King Grayskull (according to Ian), it has to be through the father of mother of Randor, since they are half brothers and Adam is related to King Grayskull too.
    Seems simple math to me

If Keldor is related to King Grayskull (according to Ian), it has to be through the father of mother of Randor, since they are half brothers and Adam is related to King Grayskull too.
    Seems simple math to me
    Yeah. Pretty much. Also take into account who the Elders proclaimed King of Eternia: Randor. Why would they do that unless they knew Randor was of the bloodline of Grayskull...So in a sense, they were restoring the family to the throne. It's just that Randor doesn't know the whole backstory like Adam does now, so he's still clueless as to why the Elders did that to him as he was the day the Council of Elders went into hiding.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    Also take into account who the Elders proclaimed King of Eternia: Randor. Why would they do that unless they knew Randor was of the bloodline of Grayskull...
    If it was simply a matter of being a descendant of Grayskull, then why not appoint Keldor king of Eternia since he is presumably a descendant of Grayskull as well?

Because it has more to do with his merits as Captain of the Defenders of Eternia, and his relationship to the boy who is destined to receive the powers of Grayskull.

Co-Creator of the NV
    If it was simply a matter of being a descendant of Grayskull, then why not appoint Keldor king of Eternia since he is presumably a descendant of Grayskull as well?

Because it has more to do with his merits as Captain of the Defenders of Eternia, and his relationship to the boy who is destined to receive the powers of Grayskull.
    I agree. I think it is likely related to the fact that Keldor was a jerk. Plus Randor might also be the older sibling.

ummm, perhaps because Keldor is trying to kill them, they might like the other brother better? And remember, Keldor was trying to TAKE the power. Randor was GIVEN the Monarchy and Adam was GIVEN the power.
    Rob

A_PoE...

What kind of logic is that?
    Elders letting Keldor be king?
    Why don't they summon Hordak back while they're at it!

I think age of Randor vs. Keldor has nothing to do with it.

How about what the two fight for and where their beliefs are?

I would say that you are right though about Randor's relationship to the one that has been chosen to be the "Hero in a time of need."
    Last edited by Baena; August 9, 2007 at 08:54pm.

Remember too, Keldor had a relationship with Hordak, who killed his ancestor...so that's another strike against being given the power.
    Rob

Oh I remember your Green Goddes a long time ago, I loved her! I'd vote for her, I just didn't know you thought of her as Teela. I just thought she was the Green Goddes from the old minicomics.

So where can I find out more about this Green Goddes of yours?
    Check this entry in my blog out.

I've gone so far as to make a Cheesy fan character of myself. Bae-Na, Heroic Defender of the Green Goddess!!!

Like I said... I'm a BIG fan of the Green Goddess. As to whether or not she is Teela? Or a Goddess that lived in King Grayskull's time? It's up to YOU. I know what I think.

Well, I realized no one was interested on what I've said/hinted about MYP cartoon or my little conversation with Ian. Most people is geting towars the "new" He Man figure we saw at the Con and their expectations about it and do not care about a "dead" cartoon or what could have happened with that story and that's cool.

I do care about a dead cartoon, I would love to see what was planned for it and much more. We were geting many twists and character developement, conspiracies, aliances, we were about to get the Horde and all the posibilities that could bring to us! I guess I would like to continue where we stopped (better managed than before of course) instead of starting a whole new story again. U know what I mean?

Not much info left, believe me, just a couple of questions I already post their answers here and there in some threads, some stuff I asked and some other stuff I did not asked but I was told, so I got happy with the could's.

I would say, lets go for more! Let's continue where we were stopped! I would love to see more of this on the dvd's extras on interviews with Ian and Dean, etc!

Cool thing is what he said about that if the MYP dvd's sell well anything could happen! As well as with the He Man Live Movie!

So... yeeeeeeeeei!

I could trade some info though.
    I would agree with you here %100 bro!
    I would love to see them finish their version of the story.
    Even if it's a direct to DVD 2hr. special cartoon. I would love to see something like that happen.

As to trading for information?

Did you get a SDCC Classic Colors Staction?
    Need any paint adjustments on him?
    You can see here what I did to mine...

Was it stated, "The Sorceress was to die, and Teela was to become the Sorceress," or did you ask, "Hypothetically, if the Sorceress was to die, would Teela become the Sorceress, and if so, could you describe her character design?"

Based on your post, I am not certain whether it was stated that this was to be the case, or if it was simply a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question.

Like I've said before when I have posted: I asked and I got answers to those questions. It wasn´t part of their speach or a statement they made. You can add the "hypothetical" thing to this if that makes you feel confortable.

The MYP dvds are comming on January 2008, I'm pretty sure you will find many statements there.

I've gone so far as to make a Cheesy fan character of myself. Bae-Na, Heroic Defender of the Green Goddess!!!
    Ok, NOW you're scaring me!

I'll check on your blog and let you know my thoughts if you want.

As to trading for information?

Did you get a SDCC Classic Colors Staction?
    Nop!

Need any paint adjustments on him?
    No, thanx!

You can see here what I did to mine...
    It looks pretty cool, though!

As to trading information... mwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha... enough!

It would be easier than what you think... all I want is your voice... sing Ariel! Just kidding!

You are a father, you have 2 daughters, what I want is that you get into this thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=152000

and post your thoughts on that topic, ok?

You seem like a good father, and you always back up your posts with strong arguments, so you do that for me and after that, you can pm me and name your price... I would give you some options first, though!

That's the one thing I want from you... for now! jajajaja

Agreed?

O'hartley

Ok, NOW you're scaring me!
    I'll check on your blog and let you know my thoughts if you want.
    Sure!
    And... You should be scared, I'M SCARED. No man should have an infatuation with a green woman that does not exist, it just aint healthy!!! Unless you're Captn. Kirk...

As to trading information... mwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha... enough!

It would be easier than what you think... all I want is your voice... sing Ariel! Just kidding!

You are a father, you have 2 daughters, what I want is that you get into this thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=152000

and post your thoughts on that topic, ok?

You seem like a good father, and you always back up your posts with strong arguments, so you do that for me and after that, you can pm me and name your price... I would give you some options first, though!

That's the one thing I want from you... for now! jajajaja

Agreed?
    Agreed... I'll look over the thread, and post my opinoin.
    Granted my daughters are not yet in their teens... far from it thankfully... But the day will come.

I'll PM you when I get a sec.
    Last edited by Baena; August 10, 2007 at 12:37pm.

...it just aint healthy!!! Unless you're Captn. Kirk...
    mmm... aha, yeah, sure! (cu, cu...)

O'hartley