• He-Ro

108 44.81%
  • King Grayskull

133 55.19%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: He-Ro vs King Grayskull

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The show his dead! What's the difference?!
    Planned or proposed, you heard that from the show writers, so I totaly fail to see where the problem is!
    The is a tremendous difference between concepts that are proposed, and ones that actually go forward. I am trying to determine if this is an idea someone just threw out there as a possibility, or if it was something that they were actually planning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The is a tremendous difference between concepts that are proposed, and ones that actually go forward. I am trying to determine if this is an idea someone just threw out there as a possibility, or if it was something that they were actually planning to do.
    Dude, you just don't want to listen.
    And you defintely don't need to explain to me what the difference is.

The fact remain that the head writer and the supervisor of the series aren't just "someone".
    You won't have any more luck in determine if it was written in a episode script or some special series plan,or if it was just an idea Ian an Dean were toying with.
    And at the end, it makes zero difference, becasue there aren't any more scripts or written plans, it all boils down to what Ian adn Dean had in mind, call it proposal or plans, it won't make ANY difference now.

You're just beating a dead horse.
    If you want to know more, please ask Ian and Dean, because that's all we can tell you.

I would prefer that you speak to me, and not about me; it is rude.
    Oh I am sooooo sorry your highness!

What you don't read these boards? I know you do, and I knew you would see that post, but if you really want it to not be so "rude"...

I think YOU want the President of Mattel, Dean Stefan, Ian Richter AND Mike Young of MYP to come to YOUR house and tell YOU in person.

Can someone arrange that for YOU? Anyone?

Anyone?

Buhler?

Huh, I guess YOU'RE gonna have to take our word for it.

Funny I'm being schooled by YOU on rudeness when YOU can't trust anyone on information they are excited to share, and then YOU refuse to believe anyone on said information. Especially when some of the people who support the information are some of the best, most well known experts on the show AND has plenty of solid inside information, and thus would know!
    Last edited by Baena; August 12, 2007 at 09:28am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I vote we move on back to the whole He-Ro/King Grayskull thing, and just leave this topic, like Teela-Na, dead!

Personally, if I had my way, I'd want He-Ro to get re-designed so that he didn't have any visual connections to He-Man/Grayskull, so like no * or She-Ra crest, that sort of thing. Perhaps his own sigil? Make him more like Gandolf, in which he's this timeless wizard by the time of He-Man and Skeletor who is living in seculsion or something?
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    I vote we move on back to the whole He-Ro/King Grayskull thing, and just leave this topic, like Teela-Na, dead!
    The funny thing is that I have been reading this debate the whole time and it only occurred to me now, when reading your post, that this argument belongs in another thread, haha.

Dude, you just don't want to listen.
    And you defintely don't need to explain to me what the difference is.

The fact remain that the head writer and the supervisor of the series aren't just "someone".
    You won't have any more luck in determine if it was written in a episode script or some special series plan,or if it was just an idea Ian an Dean were toying with.
    And at the end, it makes zero difference, becasue there aren't any more scripts or written plans, it all boils down to what Ian adn Dean had in mind, call it proposal or plans, it won't make ANY difference now.

You're just beating a dead horse.
    If you want to know more, please ask Ian and Dean, because that's all we can tell you.
    According to the transcript of the Masters of the Universe panel from SDCC, the Mike Young Productions series may continue in direct-to-video releases if sales of the DVD sets are sufficient. Therefore, if this is a planned concept, then it is possible that it will be used in future releases.

Furthermore, you state that it makes no difference whether this is a proposed concept or a planned concept as these plans may or may not be actualized, yet you would not have us disregard your unactualized vision for the Masters of the Universe comic book. Perhaps this is something that you should consider when addressing what difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

What you don't read these boards? I know you do, and I knew you would see that post, but if you really want it to not be so "rude"...

I think YOU want the President of Mattel, Dean Stefan, Ian Richter AND Mike Young of MYP to come to YOUR house and tell YOU in person.

Anyone?

Buhler?

Funny I'm being schooled by YOU on rudeness when YOU can't trust anyone on information they are excited to share, and then YOU refuse to believe anyone on said information. Especially when some of the people who support the information are some of the best, most well known experts on the show AND has plenty of solid inside information, and thus would know!
    1. It is not a matter of trusting the source of the information, it is a matter of the source being clear about what the information is.

2. If you cannot reply to a post with the same manner of politeness in which it was posted, especially after being asked twice to do so, then do not reply at all.

Furthermore, you state that it makes no difference whether this is a proposed concept or a planned concept as these plans may or may not be actualized, yet you would not have us disregard your unactualized vision for the Masters of the Universe comic book. Perhaps this is something that you should consider when addressing what difference it makes.
    Whatever.
    I'm going back to talk about He-Ro, which I enjoy a lot more

1. It is not a matter of trusting the source of the information, it is a matter of the source being clear about what the information is.

2. If you cannot reply to a post with the same manner of politeness in which it was posted, especially after being asked twice to do so, then do not reply at all.
    1. The information is plenty clear.

2. Unless you're a mod, you have no business telling me what not to post and how not to post it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Oh God, what a mess!

I just came back from my great relaxing weekend and look what I found.

A_PoE: I guess everyone here understood what I typed, eventhough english is not my native language, I thought I was pretty clear on what I said.

Please, take what it has been "stated" here before as it is and don't try to go further than that, there is no more to say. I'll try to make it clearer one more time for you, ok?

I asked on the panel. Dean and Ian answered on the panel. People heard. It was taped. There might be a chance it comes out on the dvd's features, so there might be a chance you could "see it" for yourself.

After the panel, I kept asking Ian about the Sorceress/Teela thing and everything I know on that it has been posted here.

So... we know what's been said, we know the source, that's all we know.

I did not go that far to see if there was a statement printed on an oficial MYP paper sheet or just some ideas in their heads, ok?

See, it's allways been pretty clear!

Thanx to HMoG, Baena and Emiliano for suporting the point.

BTW, Baena, is there any chance for a "Racso" or "Rakzo" (in case there might be problems with licences) character to be on your Nathor thing story? There would be no wife for him, though!

About time traveling stuff... I just don't like it. I think that messes up many things. I rather look at past eras as they were and try to understand the origins of what's going on now.
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 13, 2007 at 11:32am.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    BTW, Baena, is there any chance for a "Racso" or "Rakzo" (in case there might be problems with licences) character to be on your Nathor thing story? There would be no wife for him, though!

Sure! But there's no story there... Just messing around!

Sure! But there's no story there... Just messing around!
    Great! Then make him a foreign and give him a cool accent!
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 13, 2007 at 12:35pm.

O'hartley

Great! Then make him a foreign and give him a cool accent!
    And bald? DONE!

And bald? DONE!
    Well... I rather use on him the term "shaved head" better than bald, but yes, you got the concept!

Saw your green people's links, btw! Loved them! Specially, the female one! Would be cool to see a staction.

O'hartley

Unless you're a mod, you have no business telling me what not to post and how not to post it.
    I do not need to be a moderator to encourage you to follow the Board Conduct and Rules.

I guess everyone here understood what I typed, eventhough english is not my native language, I thought I was pretty clear on what I said.

Please, take what it has been "stated" here before as it is and don't try to go further than that, there is no more to say. I'll try to make it clearer one more time for you, ok?

I asked on the panel. Dean and Ian answered on the panel. People heard. It was taped. There might be a chance it comes out on the dvd's features, so there might be a chance you could "see it" for yourself.

After the panel, I kept asking Ian about the Sorceress/Teela thing and everything I know on that it has been posted here.

So... we know what's been said, we know the source, that's all we know.

I did not go that far to see if there was a statement printed on an oficial MYP paper sheet or just some ideas in their heads, ok?

See, it's allways been pretty clear!
    So to the question of whether this is a proposed or a planned concept, the answer is simply that we do not know. Thank you, this is what I wanted to know.

I do not need to be a moderator to encourage you to follow the Board Conduct and Rules.
    I follow the rules just fine thank you.

Unless you feel I've committed some unpardonable sin?
    If I have, I'm unaware of it.

Do please enlighten in your very non-judgemental way, which has quickly become your signature.

I follow the rules just fine thank you.

Unless you feel I've committed some unpardonable sin?
    If I have, I'm unaware of it.

Do please enlighten in your very non-judgemental way, which has quickly become your signature.
    If you “follow the rules just fine,” then how would you characterize your behavior for the last four pages?

When asked how I was to know information that had not yet been made available, you responded:

. . . if you've read through the San Diego panel thread you would have that info.

When I replied that I had been following the thread in question, but did not know/could not find in which post the information could be found, you responded:

You can read right?
    You want the info? You go find it!

But Emiliano confirmed this as well so you can continue in your laziness.

When I asked for a clarification of the information posted, you responded:

And to the great A-PoE... You can choose to believe what you want.

Instead of addressing my questions or statements, you addressed me on a personal level:

I think he wants the President of Mattel, Dean Stefan, Ian Richter AND Mike Young of MYP to come to his house and tell him in person.

Can someone arrange that for A_PoE? Anyone?

Anyone?

Buhler?

Huh, I guess he's gonna have to take our word for it.

When I replied that I would prefer that you address me directly, and not to speak of me in the third person, you responded:

Anyone?

Buhler?

When asked to reply to a post with the same manner of politeness in which it was posted, you responded:

Unless you're a mod, you have no business telling me what not to post and how not to post it.

Your have behaved rudely at every opportunity; in replying to the posts of others, when asked to be more polite in your responses, when reminded to conduct yourself according to Board Rules and Conduct.

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    I enjoy both HE-RO and King Grayskull.

bbm_

Well, I'm not a mod... I'm an Administrator and I'm asking everyone to plese stop this and return in topic or the thread will be closed.
    Thanks.

I kinda like both... though when I first saw He-Ro I wasn't really enthralled. But after seeing the latest treatment on him I have warmed to his character.

KG... I love the barbarian theme... not too sure about the origin of He-Man's power coming from him though...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Well, I'm not a mod... I'm an Administrator and I'm asking everyone to plese stop this and return in topic or the thread will be closed.
    Thanks.

Yessir.

King Grayskull AND He-Ro for me.

I love how the new show tied KG to the main characters.
    I think it adds a lot of fun depth to the overall saga.

I love He-Ro too. The Eternian history is plenty open for such fun and key roles.
    Last edited by Baena; August 14, 2007 at 10:05am.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Agreed with Emiliano. This thread needs to get back on track or else it's going bye-bye!

--Leanne

Co-Creator of the NV
    7. Since King Grayskull was twice the size of He-Man, does He-Man have all of the power of King Grayskull or only half his power?
    A. Apparently there was a lot of debate internally of how King Grayskull and He-Man compare. King Grayskull was based around the original barbaric concept of He-Man. And discussions took place about how Prince Adam would handle the power of He-Man when he hadn't killed or hurt anyone in battle, where it was implied that King Grayskull probably did. The passing of power was Adam's destiny and part of his lineage. It was also stated how future plans hoped to include things dealing with He-Man's twin sister (Adora). Ian Richter's knowledge of He-Man played a big role in shapping the story of the MYP He-Man cartoon.
    This was on the main page.... I don't think it actually answers the question. So, did they tell us anything about the outcome of the debate, or did they just say that they debated it and would have dealt with it eventually, not telling us anything about what was decided?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    This was on the main page.... I don't think it actually answers the question. So, did they tell us anything about the outcome of the debate, or did they just say that they debated it and would have dealt with it eventually, not telling us anything about what was decided?
    I know for myself, I chalk it up to the idea that Adam isn't a full grown man yet.
    Thus when he is He-Man, He-Man is not yet at his full capacity.

But that's just me...

I know for myself, I chalk it up to the idea that Adam isn't a full grown man yet.
    Thus when he is He-Man, He-Man is not yet at his full capacity.

But that's just me...
    I kind of have that idea too. it's a neat idea but also I don't think I ever want this thing fully understood. just like the origin of castle grayskull I like there to be some kind of questions always being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

KG... I love the barbarian theme... not too sure about the origin of He-Man's power coming from him though...
    I agree 100% I like KG to be strong and barbarian, but IMO his strength should only come from his will, determination and size. I don't like him being the origin of he-man's power. it's easy enough to retcon though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I agree 100% I like KG to be strong and barbarian, but IMO his strength should only come from his will, determination and size. I don't like him being the origin of he-man's power. it's easy enough to retcon though.
    i prefer him to be a recipient of the power, like He-Man is, preferably in the manner that i described earlier in the thread.