View Poll Results: Who is your least favorite?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skeletor

6 3.53%
  • King Hiss

137 80.59%
  • Hordak

27 15.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Villain Leader

Hsss was lame in the 80s, but I liked what MYP did with him.

I now like all three villians. Hsss just needs a bit of tweaking. I always thoguht he should morph into a giant snake (not giant like Serpos, but slightly bigger than Whiplash).

Sadly My Vote goes to ..........Nobody?
    Hmm, have to go with King Hiss too, even if I like the MYP Version a LOT, at least the Human Form, never liked the Snakeform. At least in Human Form He was a Leader Like Hordak and Skeletor......then again what makes Hordak and Skeletors Crews better is that They have All kind of Warriors, King Hiss *only* has Snakes, except Blast Attack.
    Pammy is the Greatest ans Most Beautyfull Girl off all Times.....whitout a Doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I votes Hiss.
    I remember as a kid thinking... Who the heck is that guy?
    He's no threat!
    Boy was I wrong, the line died just after the Snakemen release.
    Then again in 2004, the new line dies... Right there with the Snakemen.
    I blame Hiss and his cronies.
    you know when mattel gave us that spiel that the snakemen were there to save eternia we all knew it was nonsense. they should have followed the original order of things.
    Well, that just doesn't make sense...Mattel said the Snakemen tested strongly with children.

Anyway...I, too, chose King Hiss. It really is a pretty easy choice up against Hordak and Skeletor, but aside from that, I just never cared too much for Hiss. I mean, I have his figure and I like him, and he was good in the 200X series, but there's something about his design that I never found appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    The people have spoken, and it's unanimous: King Hiss sucks.
    I don't think King Hiss sucks, he just comes third to these 2 tyrants!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I don't think King Hiss sucks, he just comes third to these 2 tyrants!
    it's more appropriate to say King hiss BITES! badum bum!

in all seriousness as I said before I like him, but he's second rate to Skeletor and Hordak.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I would have to say skeletor since he barely gained anything in the series at all. At least King Hsss had a plan to summon serpos (and retrieve the amulet to do so), all in all he seemed to have a lot of mystery for his character (as in you really weren't sure what he was going to do until he did it while skeletor on the other hand has the obvious plot of going after grayskull). Don't get me wrong Skeletor was pretty cool in CoE but once again he didn't gain anything from the whole ordeal plus the majority of his minions were idiots while King Hsss's men acctually seemed intelligent.

Skeletor struck me as an insane character who really doesn't have any idea on how to conquer a world. I mean he really doesn't think his plan's through all the way (such as leaving the masters in his cell in CoE alive...it was a pretty amatuer move on his part).

Maybe as Keldor he was somewhat well-known but once he was free from the mystic wall he just went on recklessly causing havoc as if he hadn't been imprisoned at all. He should have realized that at this time he needed to start from square one...conquer kingdoms and lands, gain an army (a powerful/loyal one) and then go after grayskull.

There were so many Masters that it was hard to take skeletor's conquest seriously, it was obvious that he would lose because he was out-gunned/numbered. Skeletor did try to take over an area in the episode 'Out of the Past' but once again he gained nothing and he didn't even try to conquer other places again. Let's face it skeletor wasn't a very good villain, he didn't think things through, he gained nothing, and he had very few warriors (and very few competent warriors). It's pretty obvious that skeletor didn't stand a chance of beating the masters and when a villain can't match the hero then the show just becomes dull.

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

Heroic Warrior
    I have to agree with Luminak about Skeletor being a bit weaker than expected (tho I still prefer him to Hiss)

Now Hordak and the Evil Horde would have been a different story. From what little we saw of them they at least looked like they knew what they were doing. Hordak and a huge army of Horde Troopers as well as his main generals Mantenna, Leech and Grizlor. Plus he was more evenly matched to King Grayskull then Skeletor is to He-Man.

Okay that last sentence does not make much sense to me either but I will try to explain.

He-Man pretty much kicks Skeletor all over the joint whenever the fight (yes there are a few exceptions but generally...) Hordak on the other hand was totally kicking Grayskulls butt, without actually touching him. But then KG had to find the "power" to reverse Hordak's spell and send the evil Horde leader to Despondos...which is a great shame because Hordak was just to cool looking to end up there and...but I digress. The simple fact is that Hordak was more poweful than KG and He-Man gets his power from KG so Hordak would logically be more powerful than him...I mean Hordak actually killed KG. The only time Skeletor has ever come close to killing He-Man are the time he almost killed Adam.

As Luminak basically said, Skeletor has a small bunch of idiots to do his bidding, no real plan (other than break into Castle Grayskull) and as well as not being a physical match to He-Man, his magic also seems pretty ineffective agains the "so-called" stringest man in the universe.

Hordak on the other hand...huge army, a good strategy of tackling one thing at a time (his army took out the Snake people before they turned towards Grayskull) and not only was he a match for KG...he was BETTER

I think King Hiss had potential to be much more threatening than he was. The snakemen in general started out as a major threat and quickly became a rat tag band of chumps.

Hordak never had the chance to shine but acted well as this uber threat in the shadows.

Obviously Skeletor is da man!

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Anderson View Post
    King Hiss *only* has Snakes, except Blast Attack.

he doesn't have BA either. Blast Attak was an Evil Warrior, they just lumped him with the snakes in the minicomic to avoid having to write an extra story to explain his origin, they could just toss him, Sssqueeze and Snake Face together
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Wow! I'm surprised Skeletor and Hordak got any votes!!
    ...ok not really.

Anyway I truly don't "dislike" any of them in the least bit.
    But if I had to choose...
    – No comment.

4 Me Blast Attack belongs to the Snake Men, brings some Color to that Group!
    Even the 4 HM mentioned Time ago that They might include Him with King Hiss and His Crew. Letīs see
    Pammy is the Greatest ans Most Beautyfull Girl off all Times.....whitout a Doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Anderson View Post
    Even the 4 HM mentioned Time ago that They might include Him with King Hiss and His Crew. Letīs see
    DAMMIT! *kicks stool over* It's just dissappointment after dissappointment with these guys
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

if i had to chose i would choose Ran'dome Peer Sun Master of the indesicive arts. see i had to make up a character just cause it is hard for me to pick one. in this series all the main villians had the right element.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

KING HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

or however they spell it now. He's just a racist jerk. SKELETOR is a likable screw-up, and even HORDAK is at least an impressive leader, but HSSSSSSSSS simply has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I love watching episodes with the snakes as villains, because they're so easy to hate it's like watching the Eternian equivalent of Nazis. But like Nazis, you can never find yourself rooting for them.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Evil Snake General General_Rattlor's Avatar
    Yeah, they are like Nazis. They hate any other species on eternia. Everything that is not Snake Man is only worth eating up or enslaving. But I think Hsss is the worst of them all. If Hiss would die and another one would be in command, maybe the whole situation would change.
    I think the Snake Man aren't that bad, they only follow the wrong leader. But of course I say that, I'm german.
    I think in the MYP Cartoon Hiss wasn't that much different from Skeletor. Only more evil and more powerful. I think the same about Hordak. All three of them are not that different. The first thing that you see about hordak is him killing one of his own men. I think they didn't give them totally different personalities.
    For example: In the Filmation cartoon Hordak was a fan of technologie and he didn't trust in magic powers. In the new cartoon he seemed to be a Magican like Skeletor and Hsss too.
    Last edited by General_Rattlor; August 4, 2007 at 07:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I must admit to one thing...I can have very shallow reasons for liking characters. The MYP version of Hordak is my fave of the leaders because I think he looks cool...and that's really the main reason.

I like King Hss the least because basically I was never taking with his design. His human form looked like an egyptian priest with sea-sikness (as in sickly green skin) and his other form was a weird mass of snakes. I mean I adore snakes, think they are great animals...but a mass of writhing snakes with human legs...not so much.

I think king hisss is good in the sence that he is racist. frankly hisss has a leg up on skeletor when it comes to magic is cause skeletor does not know snakeman magic. its like a ancient snake arcane shaman style magic. skeletor powerful and all is not totally cruel. he was once human...elf..something that looks like an elf with blue skin
    skeletor is funny and has moments of compassion where hordak and king hisss do not. skeletor believes he is meant to be the ruler of eternia that it is his destiny. so in a way he is only acting human. skeletor does not possess all knowledge of magic and after opening up some new chambers for when the snakemen came back im sure he has some new spells. skeletor calls himself evil, he has no illusions what he is doing is wrong, but he once said that he can not just become good not after all the things he has done. so in that statement he had good intention but got lost in the lust for power now continues his goal to unlock the secrets of greyskull and become lord of eternia.

King Hiss here is just plain racist. he hates anything that is not snakemen and believe that the snakemen are the master race who shall rule over eternia. its rare they would enslave anyone, they would enslave others who they could not eat. hiss is pompous, arrogant, and just plain cunning. thinks very little of consequence when taking any action. when something goes wrong he can blame his minions.

Hordak is another story. total domination is his goal. enslavement and cruelaty is his goal. unlike hiss. hordak does not discriminate when it comes to races, gender, age. the creature has the means, the magic, and the pure will to do what ever he can to maintain control of his empire. his horde fear him, the absolute power he has on people can be felt on both sides of a battle field.skeletor his pupil who he also saved for a price shows compassion to those who would seek it from him or ask forgiveness. hordak on the other hand does not show any he will kill you on any bad news he gets. a farmer could not make enough food for the horde in time... dead.

it is easy to see how he-man has his hands full. each villian though they are different their goals are the same, control of eternia. the only thing is how they go about it and the personality they carry which shapes how the war will out come.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

I like King Hss the least because basically I was never taking with his design. His human form looked like an egyptian priest with sea-sikness (as in sickly green skin) and his other form was a weird mass of snakes. I mean I adore snakes, think they are great animals...but a mass of writhing snakes with human legs...not so much.
    I completely agree with you there. Although it wasn't so much King Hss's human-like form that bugged me (though it could have been more impressive) it was more like his final transformation into those five snakes on two legs.

Seriously, once I saw that form I stopped watching the show. I couldn't believe how unproportional that looked and all in all just stupid. King Hsss should just turn into a giant snake with five heads and maybe even a Hydra-like power (such as cutting off one head and two more grow back, although this would conflict with the ending in MYP).

That form just looked so weak that i felt he would topple over due to the weight of the five snakes. It just wasn't a good design at all.

But I do like King Hsss's personality.

As Trodorne Nesland said, King Hsss was a cool character beacuse of the fact that he was racist. I mean skeletor ruled over his minions out of fear while King Hsss's men follwed him because they viewed him as a some sort of prophet. And because of the way they worshiped Hsss gave their conquest/fighting some meaning. Here they are fighting for the survival of their King while Skeletor's men are fighting just so that they won't get killed by him (which would result in their poor performance especially since most of the minions were pretty stupid). Fear can only drive someone for so long until they feel that betrayal is necessary while serving some sort of Divine being (maybe even god-like) would give the minions a sense of purpose in battle.

Hsss is probably the only villain that I would not expect a betrayal from one of his own and that alone seems impressive to me (plus he seems much stronger than skeletor).

I like the snakeman much , but Skeliīs and Hordiīs troops are better.

Evil Snake General General_Rattlor's Avatar
    Good posting, Lominak!
    This is what I like about the Snakes. There seem to be no stupid warriors like in Skeletors gang. And the Snake Men adore their leader, very different from Skeletors minions. I think their loyalty gives them a lot of strength.
    I always loved all the other Snake Men, but King Hiss? Not so much, I don't know why. I think his design is maybe not as impressive as those of the other guys. But he's a very interesting character for sure. And his powers seem to be indeed stronger than those of Skeletor.
    I think Hsss true form isn't that impressive but thats not the fault of the Horsemen and MYP. I think they did a good job modernizing the classic toy for the new cartoon.
    I think the classic King Hiss toy was one of those action figures whos action feature was more important than the look to the toy designers. If he would transform into a giant Snake in the new cartoon, this might be more impressive but it would'nt have any connection to the action feature of the figure.

@Rook: It would be nice if you would remove this quote from your signature, because the context is missing. This is what I've said.

It seems the Snake Men are the losers of MotU and there aren't many fans who like them - but I do.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah the snake men seem to have more brains than Skeletors crew, look at how Kobra Kahn manipulated Lyn to get help to free Hiss.

I liked the snake men, I just wasn't that impressed with KH. In fact I think we should do a King Hiss redesign comp...see who cancome up with the best concept for both his human and snake forms. Just a friendly comp tho..no prizes just bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    I would have to say skeletor since he barely gained anything in the series at all. At least King Hsss had a plan to summon serpos (and retrieve the amulet to do so), all in all he seemed to have a lot of mystery for his character (as in you really weren't sure what he was going to do until he did it while skeletor on the other hand has the obvious plot of going after grayskull).
    Now hold on there, going after Grayskull was his means, not his end. And are you forgetting that King Hsss went after Grayskull too? Bringing back Serpos was just his means of getting at Grayskull the same as if Skeletor had done it. I don't think there was any mystery to his intentions either, we knew he wanted to cover Eternia with his people and turn all non-snake men into food stock. By comparison, we had no idea what Hordak or Skeletor's exact end-games were aside from just a general "rule everything" plot. I wouldn't say Skeletor was insane, he'd have been more unpredictable and dangerous then. I could buy that Evil-Lyn was insane though, she'd have to be to put herself in such deadly company repeatedly.

RE the loyalty of the Snake Men, I don't call that better, I call that variety. Skeletor and Hordak ruled their armies by fear (and honestly, I can't see treachery from Hordak's people considering the consequences just for giving him bad news), but Hsss's people are devoted to him to the point of insanity. They were killing themselves when they thought he was dead! Not the mental giants of the Eternian rogue's gallery there. Rattlor and Kahn however were nice and devious, which is why I wouldn't have put it past either of them to turn on King Hsss under the right circustances since both harbored grudges about something by the end of the season (Kahn for being looked down upon, Rattlor for being left in the prison).

Defender of the Crown
    I actually have to give credit to King Hiss. He seems to be a good tactical leader and his men are always obedient and never give "back talk" to him.

Skeletor can be a major goof up sometimes leadership wise. I think his group of men "back talk" to him all the time and in terms of intelligence they are a inconsistent bunch. It's kind of like Skeletor is making the best out of what he's got. He's better alone than with a group...at least from how I see him handing office duties LOL.

Hordak is like the original Mr Bad. He's got some rough spots but he's got a crap load of experience taking things over like a Mafia. You owe him wether you knew it or not, just ask Skeletor :P

I place King Hiss on least favorite only because he doesn't have the fun mentor to student bashing that Hordak and Skeletor seem to have. The quest to one-up each other....hey people love drama right?!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now hold on there, going after Grayskull was his means, not his end. And are you forgetting that King Hsss went after Grayskull too? Bringing back Serpos was just his means of getting at Grayskull the same as if Skeletor had done it. I don't think there was any mystery to his intentions either, we knew he wanted to cover Eternia with his people and turn all non-snake men into food stock. By comparison, we had no idea what Hordak or Skeletor's exact end-games were aside from just a general "rule everything" plot. I wouldn't say Skeletor was insane, he'd have been more unpredictable and dangerous then. I could buy that Evil-Lyn was insane though, she'd have to be to put herself in such deadly company repeatedly.

RE the loyalty of the Snake Men, I don't call that better, I call that variety. Skeletor and Hordak ruled their armies by fear (and honestly, I can't see treachery from Hordak's people considering the consequences just for giving him bad news), but Hsss's people are devoted to him to the point of insanity. They were killing themselves when they thought he was dead! Not the mental giants of the Eternian rogue's gallery there. Rattlor and Kahn however were nice and devious, which is why I wouldn't have put it past either of them to turn on King Hsss under the right circustances since both harbored grudges about something by the end of the season (Kahn for being looked down upon, Rattlor for being left in the prison).
    Yeah you are right. Hsss did seem to summon serpos for Grayskull (sorry I forgot about that). Well, that kind of shows that all major plans in MYP weren't that good (CoE had a good plan but gained nothing, the serpos plan was pretty interesting and since it was an end to a series I didn't expect much but, seriosuly guys go after something other than grayskull...get a good army skeletor..or other kingdoms..)

Although I do think that since Skeletor was banished for about 16 years (I think) he should have had a better game plan on 'taking over the world' (or the council as he thought they were still around). Obviously he would have no ways of knowing what was going on outside the mystic wall the whole time he was imprisoned but he still could have thought up a better plan. Once escaping he could have gathered more information about the area, lay low for a while, and then come up with a strategy based on the situation (since once he got out and learned that the council was no longer around he could have gathered some information about the kingdoms instead and found another means of conquering, it just seems that he didn't think anything through all the way which is one of the reasons why I don't like skeletor nor do I think that he is a huge threat). I think it was more of skeletor's voice that made me think of him as insane but my main reason for believing that was, was because of his crappy plans.

Yeah Hordak's men would probably not betray him due to the immense power he has but if another being that is more powerful than Hordak (and who shares the idea of conquering a world) his minions might chose that other person's side (or at least consider it).

The bulk of skeletor's minions are pretty much idiots who are following him either out of fear or (kind of like how beastman called skeletor his pal in CoE) as some sort of savior. Seriously when one is being ruled out of fear then they are more liable to betray the leader just how Evil-lyn betrays skeletor, Catra has betrayed Hordak (although if she would have done this if she was in MYP I would not be surprised). Skeletor just talks down to all of them (for pretty good reasons but he never really does anything to make his warriors stronger) which could result in some treacherous thoughts just how when Shadow Weaver was insulted by Hordak she was eager to betray him to Skeletor (once again that might not have been done in MYP but obviously we don't know for sure).

Also, you really think Rattlor and Khan would betray Hsss? I really don't think that would happen. Yeah when Hsss was supposedly dead (the first time) and thrown off the cliff it did show insanity when the snakemen followed him but, it also showed loyalty. From what I saw most of the snakemen weren't hurt from the fall so maybe it wasn't so much insanity.

Besides when you view your leader as some sort of soverign (or god-like being) then I doubt you'd be willing to betray him. The snakemen seem to be truly loyal to Hsss and I doubt that they would have betrayed him. Yeah sometimes Hsss favored some warriors over others but it's hard to say if that was done on purpose or not. Besides Rattlor was truly angry at Khan for leaving him in the prison, he never said anything about Hsss. And Khan was only looked down upon by the other snakemen while Hsss was the only one who ever congradulated him for his tasks so if anyting Hsss is the last person Khan would betray (hell why would he have gone through all that trouble to free king Hsss if he was just going to betray him, also there was never any evidence of that). The two harbored grudges over each other not Hsss, so I would expect them both to fight each other not their leader.
    Last edited by Luminak; August 8, 2007 at 01:42pm.

Yeah I can't really choose either. We all love Skeletor and Hordak, but King Hiss really shone in the new toon. Skeletor recruits those who oppose him. Hordak obliterates them, and King Hiss EATS them. All pretty evil there... I can't choose.