Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Animated Series

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I loved this cartoon. This, at least based on my amateur knowledge, is the starting point of the character design style that has become so closely associated with WB's DC animation. It is neat for me to look at how the designs have evolved since this series.
    I think it would be the perfect mode to begin a new MOTU Animated Series, like these ones:

don't worry, harry, i liked the forgotten as well. i might have it in my top 20 somewhere. "might" because it's really hard to rank the episodes of such a great show.

My husband and I were both HUGE fans back in the day. I'd forgotten about it until one of our friends mentioned he bought it on DVD. Of course we just had to borrow it and I'll be darned if it didn't make me feel like a kid again. All these great memories of my childhood came flooding back. I remembered being in daycare playing with the action figures and the great adventures we had! Between the five of us we had the whole collection. After we finished the DVDs we went out and bought Mask of the Phantasm because my husband never saw it. Awesome franchise! Whenever I picture Batman's voice in my head it's always Kevin Conroy, and kudos to Mark Hamill for creating an amazing Joker!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Sorry but scrolling through. Did you guys NOT see this? Lalaland records - There are two BTAS soundtracks of orchestral already available! I picked up volume 2 at their booth. Worth EVERY DAMN PENNY:

- - - Updated - - -

The Forgotten? Really? Was it the social message? Because...ugh. hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    don't worry, harry, i liked the forgotten as well. i might have it in my top 20 somewhere. "might" because it's really hard to rank the episodes of such a great show.
    Yes The Forgotten has always been my fave episode since i was 11 and i love the music in that episode, so memorable. I also like the fresh story to it including the hilarious one-liner Alfred made and the villain is quite funny as he reminds me of Pat Ryan Jr. from The Toxic Avenger and Street Trash, he played the corrupted mayor in Toxic Avenger and thought of the same thing when i saw that episode.

So what are your fave episodes?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So obviously I own all of the DVDs to BTAS. I also own The Batman and I was looking at my shelf the other day and though, "Why do I own this series? It wasn't bad, but whenever I want to watch Batman, I go to TAS, so why am I keeping these?"

As such, I think I am going to take them to my local video store this weekend to sell off.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If anyone is interested in the soundtrack for Batman: The Animated Series, La-La Records has rereleased the first set they did along with a second volume with 4 CD's.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    So what are your fave episodes?
    heart of ice is always going to be my absolute favorite. mr. freeze has been my favorite batman villain hands down for as long as i can remember. and plus it's just an all around great episode. i also really love:

see no evil - even though i'm just going down the list on wikipedia, i have to say this is my second favorite. the rest of these continuously shift around depending on my mood.
    beware the gray ghost
    feat of clay part
    the clock king
    the cape and cowl conspiracy
    the man who killed batman
    read my lips
    time out of joint
    showdown
    growing pains
    over the edge
    mad love
    world's finest

Heroic Warrior

Batman TAS 20th anniversary !

My fav portrayal of Batman
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Mine too. One of my favorite episodes is Mad as a Hatter because I'm an Alice in Wonderland fan (plus it's written by Paul Dini).

I hate getting older, this isn't making me feel any better. That said, I hope that they do something special with the anniversary.
    ----------------
    Creator of Spook Central Elementary
    Writer of stuff!
    . \o/ - "Hail to the king baby ! "
    .. |
    . / \

Isn't there already a topic for BTAS?

Anyway, yes, this show is awesome and no Batman how after it has been able to top it. The Batman pretty much blew chunks outside of Seaosn 4 and a couple of episodes from Season 2. And while The Brave and the Bold put The Batman to shame, it had some really dreadful episodes.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

The greatest serie about Batman!

...already 20 years!...

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    The greatest serie about Batman!

...already 20 years!...
    Yep, it makes sense as I was 10 when they show came out and now I am 30.

Heroic Warrior
    I was four years old when it came out.

Best compendium of Batman interpretations. Pity then it got replaced by "The Batman", which I was so hyped waiting for it till I saw the first episode.
    BTAS favs for me are:
    _"The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy"
    _"Beware of the Gray Ghost"
    _"Almost Got 'Im"
    _"Baby-Doll"
    _"Legends of the Dark Knight"
    However, its hard to think of an episode I did not like.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Baby-doll is a good episode too. Is it weird for me to say that I felt bad for the villain in this one?

There were a few episodes I did not like. However, some of my favorites are:

The Forgotten
    Off-Balance
    Beware the Gray Ghost
    The Demon's Quest 1 and 2
    The Laughing Fish
    Perchance to Dream
    Almost Got 'Im
    Showdown
    The Man Who Killed Batman
    Legends of the Dark Knight
    Over the Edge

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Merged the threads.

Almost Got 'Im is my favorite episode of the run, hands down. There were very few I didn't care for.

I actually still prefer TAS to TNBA, even though that later show was more streamlined, and the writing was often a bit better, and the animation generally smoother. The 85-ep. run of BTAS (along with MOTPhantasm and Sub-Zero) are my favorite incarnation of Batman outside of the comics. I think it thoroughly defined the property - and I still hear those characters' voices in my head when I read the comics.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Best compendium of Batman interpretations. Pity then it got replaced by "The Batman", which I was so hyped waiting for it till I saw the first episode.
    BTAS favs for me are:
    _"The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy"
    _"Beware of the Gray Ghost"
    _"Almost Got 'Im"
    _"Baby-Doll"
    _"Legends of the Dark Knight"
    However, its hard to think of an episode I did not like.
    There were some episodes of The Batman that were great, Artifacts was very close to Batman TAS quality.

Batman TAS remains in my mind the standard to measure all action toons. thankfully IMO Young Justice measures up to that standard VERY nicely.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Merged the threads.

Almost Got 'Im is my favorite episode of the run, hands down. There were very few I didn't care for.

I actually still prefer TAS to TNBA, even though that later show was more streamlined, and the writing was often a bit better, and the animation generally smoother. The 85-ep. run of BTAS (along with MOTPhantasm and Sub-Zero) are my favorite incarnation of Batman outside of the comics. I think it thoroughly defined the property - and I still hear those characters' voices in my head when I read the comics.
    I love Almost Got'Im.

In fact, I decided to celebrate by watching several episodes, which started with "The Cat and the Claw Part 1" since that was the series premier. You know, a lot of series tend to spend several episodes before they get used to a specific animation design for the show, but this show feels like they knew what to do from beginning to the end, as there are hardly any animation errors even in the early episodes. Not sure how many more episode I am going to watch, but I am about to watch "Read My Lips," which I haven't seen since buying the DVD. If I recall, that is a Scarface episode, but I'm not sure if it is the first or second apperance of him.

Heroic Warrior
    Me and some friends reminised the other day :

-The last laugh (pretty cool with the garbage boat and Capt Clown)
    -Eternal Youth (gasp.....Alfred actually leaves the house , anyway another good one
    -Appointment in Crime Alley (sad
    -Two-Face pts I and II (I shouldn't even have to mention them really , a must)
    -The Clock King (pretty cool)
    -P.O.V. (Bullock and Montoya gets suspended , interesting to see from the perspective of the different characters)
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I love the music to The Last Laugh, almost as much as I do to The Forgotten.

This was the series that literally revolutionized action cartoons. setting the standard that all other cartoons would follow. This series worked on both levels. Kids enjoyed this for the action while adults enjoyed this for the artistic, and writing qualities. Many tried, but few matched it's level of quality. Happy birthday, Batman! Your still one of the best.

Last edited by mbaker; September 7, 2012 at 07:45pm.

I believe universally Heart of Ice is considered the greatest Batman TAS episode ever made. But selecting the best episodes is like shooting fish in a barrel, you can't miss.

When it first came out in 1992 I was 14 years old and really big into the Burton Batman and this just made the love of Batman even greater. I consider Mask of the Phantasm probably the greatest Batman film ever made, live or animated. It had the best Batman(Kevin Conroy) and the best Joker(Mark Hamill).

I have to go by season for my list:

On Leather Wings
    Pretty Poison
    Two-Face: Parts I and II, especially I
    Heart of Ice
    The Cat and the Claw: Parts I and II, especially I
    Beware the Gray Ghost
    Feat of Clay: Parts I and II, especially II
    Dreams and Darkness
    Perchance to Dream
    Robins’s Reckoning: Parts I and II, especially I
    Night of the Ninja/Day of the Samurai
    Heart of Steel: Parts I and II, love ‘em both equally
    Almost Got ‘Im
    Off Balance – First appearance of Ra’s Al Ghul and Talia
    Zatanna
    Harley and Ivy
    Shadow of the Bat: Parts I and II, especially II
    The Demon’s Quest: Parts I and II, Love ‘em both
    Bane – Probably the best representation of Bane, ever.
    Showdown
    Harley’s Holiday
    Deep Freeze
    Batgirl Returns
    Over the Edge

It's almost unfair how great this show was. It was like watching a movie. Without it we don't have Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, JLU, pretty much the whole DC Animated Universe.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Merged the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Me and some friends reminised the other day :

-The last laugh (pretty cool with the garbage boat and Capt Clown)
    -Eternal Youth (gasp.....Alfred actually leaves the house , anyway another good one
    -Appointment in Crime Alley (sad
    -Two-Face pts I and II (I shouldn't even have to mention them really , a must)
    -The Clock King (pretty cool)
    -P.O.V. (Bullock and Montoya gets suspended , interesting to see from the perspective of the different characters)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    This was the series that literally revolutionized action cartoons. setting the standard that all other cartoons would follow. This series worked on both levels. Kids enjoyed this for the action while adults enjoyed this for the artistic, and writing qualities. Many tried, but few matched it's level of quality. Happy birthday, Batman! Your still one of the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I believe universally Heart of Ice is considered the greatest Batman TAS episode ever made. But selecting the best episodes is like shooting fish in a barrel, you can't miss.

When it first came out in 1992 I was 14 years old and really big into the Burton Batman and this just made the love of Batman even greater. I consider Mask of the Phantasm probably the greatest Batman film ever made, live or animated. It had the best Batman(Kevin Conroy) and the best Joker(Mark Hamill).

I have to go by season for my list:

On Leather Wings
    Pretty Poison
    Two-Face: Parts I and II, especially I
    Heart of Ice
    The Cat and the Claw: Parts I and II, especially I
    Beware the Gray Ghost
    Feat of Clay: Parts I and II, especially II
    Dreams and Darkness
    Perchance to Dream
    Robins’s Reckoning: Parts I and II, especially I
    Night of the Ninja/Day of the Samurai
    Heart of Steel: Parts I and II, love ‘em both equally
    Almost Got ‘Im
    Off Balance – First appearance of Ra’s Al Ghul and Talia
    Zatanna
    Harley and Ivy
    Shadow of the Bat: Parts I and II, especially II
    The Demon’s Quest: Parts I and II, Love ‘em both
    Bane – Probably the best representation of Bane, ever.
    Showdown
    Harley’s Holiday
    Deep Freeze
    Batgirl Returns
    Over the Edge

It's almost unfair how great this show was. It was like watching a movie. Without it we don't have Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, JLU, pretty much the whole DC Animated Universe.
    Nice list, i like those episodes too and in some states the show was aired near prime time and had a major following of not just kids but also junior high/regular high school students and adults as it was beloved and became Fox's number 1 animated show ever.

Who remembers when the pilot episode "On Leather Wings" first aired August 1992? i did and it blew me away. Beastmaster himself was terrific as Kirk Langstorm and his transformation was amazing.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.