Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Animated Series

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    This is one reason why i can't wait to see the Bravestarr movie again. That was the last great piece of all america animation IMO.
    OK maybe I missed out on something here but is that even out on DVD by any chance?
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    OK maybe I missed out on something here but is that even out on DVD by any chance?
    Yes dude! BCI Eclipse have released a Best of Bravestarr DVD featuring the movie and 5 choice episodes.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I don't really see that there's much of a point, debating whether He-Man or Batman is the better show. I notice that VaderLives says things about Batman that I say about He-Man, and that his and Latveria's criticisms of He-Man are ones I lodge at Batman.

So again, its just a matter of perspective. So I guess we can just agree to disagree.

What are your favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series?

What are your favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series?

I recently purchased volumes 1-4 of the series. I watched a fair amount of episodes back in the day when it was first on and enjoyed it, but haven't watched an episode since. What episodes would you recommend the most watching?

Heroic Warrior
    Well, there are alot that would be good.

A couple that get big praise are: "Heart of Ice" (the first Mr. Freeze ep.), and "Over the Edge".

Other ones would include: "Heart of Steel" 2-Parter, pretty much any of the Ra's Al Ghul episodes, and many more.

I really like the Two-Face 2-parter, and any episodes with Harley Quinn, especially Mad Love.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    "Heart of Ice" is the best Batman: TAS episode, hands down. IMHO.

Others that I've always loved are "Almost Got 'Im," "Robin's Reckoning," "Harlequinade," "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?," "Mad Love" and "Old Wounds."

The "World's Finest" Batman/Superman movie is brilliant too.

--Leanne

This question is harder then it looks. I always felt every time Mr Freeze was on screen it was extra special episode so I have go with that. I also enjoyed first Manbat, set the tone for the show. I loved Ghost retro one with Adam West. Oh by god if we can included the movie Mask of Phantasm, there is another right there. Catwoman is my favorite villain but I really cant say I cared for how they handled her outside first two partner. I'm more of a fan of the original purple suited, long dark hair version that doesnt end up crying or helpless at end of each episode and for many reasons is match for Batman.

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    I always felt every time Mr Freeze was on screen it was extra special episode so I have go with that.
    Probably because he was only in three episodes, four if you count Batman Beyond.

almost got em, mad as a hatter, harley and ivy, feat of clay, if you're so smart why aren't you rich yet, trial, harlequinade, harley's holiday, catwalk, batgirls return

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDaMan View Post
    "Heart of Ice" (the first Mr. Freeze ep.)
    That's my favorite. It has one of the greatest bits of dialogue in the entire series!

Batman: "Fries!"

Mr. Freeze: "That's MISTER FREEZE to you!"

And, of course, it was that oh-so-memorable reinvention of Mr. Freeze that was directly responsible for the Mr. Freeze one-shot graphic novel that came out around the same time as the dreadful Batman & Robin movie. In that one-shot, Freeze's origin was retconned to more closely match what was seen in the animated series. That one-shot gave us one of the best bits of dialogue for the character in the comic book stories, an expansion of the scene from the cartoon, with a particularly chilling effect:

Mr. Freeze: "Victor Fries is DEAD! I am a ghost of cold rage and vengeance! Call me Mister Freeze. Call me DEATH!"
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; May 26, 2008 at 06:09pm.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Heroic Warrior
    ^ Lots of the dialogue in "Heart of Ice" is great. Especially from Mr. Freeze.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Harley's Holiday is my alltime fave, I love how she ranges from psychotic to funny to cute and vulnerable and the comedy is great
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    My favorites are most definitely:

• If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
    • Almost Got 'Im
    • Shadow of the Bat Parts 1 & 2
    • The Laughing Fish
    • Over the Edge

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Along with the others, I'd say Grey Ghost as well. Gotta love that cameo by Adam West, and even Bruce Timm as the toy geek.

For some reason I also love 'Be A Clown', 'Joker's Favor', and the first episode, 'On Leather Wings'.

IMO, it's one of the greatest cartoons EVER, so I'd suggest just taking the time to watch all four sets, but that's just me.

"Joker's Favor" is indeed a great episode. I just love how sadistically the Joker toys with a normal guy who happens to cross him on the highway.

Batman: TAS is definitely one of the greatest cartoon series ever. I would also recommend all of the other DC Timm series (Superman: TAS, JL, JLU, and Batman Beyond). There are some incredible episodes in all of those series and if your a Batman fan, you need the Superman sets to get "World's Finest 1-3", "Knight Time", and "The Demon Reborn."

Coincidentally, those Superman/Batman episodes are some of my all-time favorites.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Shadow of the Bat I & II
    The Cat and the Claw I & II
    Harley and Ivy
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

BTAS is my favorite television show of all time. Throughout the entire course of the series (including the New Batman Adventures run on the WB, aka volume 4 of the DVDs) there were only 3 episodes I didn't like. Yeah, there were a lot of episodes that weren't as strong as the great ones, but there are only three that I flat out do not like: The Underdwellers, Forgotten, and the one about the three rich kids who commit crimes because they're bored, can't remember the name. The Terrible Trio, maybe? I'm not sure. I've only seen it once.

There are so many great episodes, but I'd have to say my absolute favorites would have to be:

Over the Edge
    Feat of Clay two parter
    Two Face two parter
    The Laughing Fish
    Second Chance
    Dreams in Darkness
    Mad Love
    Almost Got 'im
    Heart of Ice
    House and Garden
    Never Fear
    The Last Laugh
    The Joker's Favor
    Pretty Poison
    Fear of Victory
    Beware of the Grey Ghost
    Robin's Reckoning two parter (which includes hands down the most badass Batman moment in the entire series. and I believe these are the episodes that earned the series its first Emmy)
    If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
    The Joker's Millions (Joker vs the one adversary even he wasn't crazy enough to cross: the IRS! )
    I've Got Batman in my Basement (dunno why, I've just always been fond of that one)
    Bane

And while the rest of the episode is pretty weak, the bit between Batman and Commissioner Gordon in Holiday Knights is one of the best moments in the entire series.

The entire series is well worth watching, many times over, but those are the cream of the crop, I'd say. And you can't forget the incredible, incredible Mask of the Phantasm. Or the unrated version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. Probably the two most fantastic pieces of animation I've ever seen. The other two movies, Sub Zero and Mystery of the Batwoman, are incredibly weak and easily forgotten, though. I don't consider "The Batman/Superman Movie" a movie because it was just a three part episode of Superman the Animated Series edited together. But that's worth watching, too.
    Last edited by VaderLives; May 27, 2008 at 03:05pm.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    If I had to pick my top five:

Almost Got Him
    If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
    Harlequin-Aid
    The Trial
    I Am The Night
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    "Joker's Favor" is indeed a great episode. I just love how sadistically the Joker toys with a normal guy who happens to cross him on the highway.
    What's makes it great for me is how Charlie ends up turning the tables on the Joker with one of his own bombs.

Gotta love how a "nobody" made a dangerous psycho nearly wet himself in fright. Guess Joker should've stuck to harrassing only the GCPD and Batman.

As for my fave episodes (besides that one)....hmm... not really sure I HAVE a favorite episode--they were all pretty good.

batman tas ...I'm such a fan ......all the episodes ......especially the first 85 episodes ....then we have the new adventures with nightwing and things changed .....didn't like tim drake at all .......but some good episodes are over the edge and old wounds no question about it and mad love off course !!!!!!!!!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I love the Batman:TAS episodes. A lot of love went into that series and a lot of excellent story writing came out of that series.

"Almost got em" Was my all time favorite. It still stands up in my head.
    "Christmas with the Joker" was also a good one.
    "Mad Love" one of the best.

There were tons of great episodes. I still wish that show would return, but I think it was lighting in a bottle. You'll never get that magic back again.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

i like all the ones already mentioned, but two of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet are

the man who killed batman
    the cape and cowl conspiracy
    see no evil
    Last edited by mightybuck; May 28, 2008 at 01:30pm.

'Heart of Ice', 'Two Face' two parter, 'Almost got 'Im', 'A Bullet for Bullock', 'The Laughing Fish', 'Mad Love' and 'The Man who Killed the Batman' are my favourites.

The Joker's funeral for Batman in 'The Man who killed Batman' is one of my favourite moments of the entire series.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I totally forgot about "The Last Laugh" -- I LOVE the music they play in that. I would definitely pay for a BTAS soundtrack.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com