Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Batman: The Animated Series

Heroic Warrior
    I was a weird kid. While other little girls watched Care Bears and My Little Pony, I watched Star Wars and Batman (this is what happens when you have an older brother and a bunch of male cousins).

Some of my favorite episodes include (though some episodes I don't remember the title of on the top of my head)
    Mad as a Hatter (I'm a big Alice in Wonderland fan and this was a treat for me. Plus it was written by Paul Dini and Roddy McDowell is perfect as Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter)
    Eternal Youth (a really good Alfred episode)
    Cat Scratch Fever (I always thought of Catwoman as an anti-hero to be honest)
    Babydoll (Is it weird for me to say that I felt sorry for Baby Doll? Plus this is the only episode where Batman beats up Gilligan and Skipper)
    Perchance to Dream (when I first saw this episode, I thought it was the Riddler)
    The one with the villain having these kids pick-pocket for him (I always cracked myself laughing where Alfred is trying to get the kid out of bed)
    The one with the joker fish (I love the commercial.)

Probably some more, but can't remember at the moment (it's been a while since I saw it)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    I was a weird kid. While other little girls watched Care Bears and My Little Pony, I watched Star Wars and Batman (this is what happens when you have an older brother and a bunch of male cousins).

Some of my favorite episodes include (though some episodes I don't remember the title of on the top of my head)
    Mad as a Hatter (I'm a big Alice in Wonderland fan and this was a treat for me. Plus it was written by Paul Dini and Roddy McDowell is perfect as Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter)
    Eternal Youth (a really good Alfred episode)
    Cat Scratch Fever (I always thought of Catwoman as an anti-hero to be honest)
    Babydoll (Is it weird for me to say that I felt sorry for Baby Doll? Plus this is the only episode where Batman beats up Gilligan and Skipper)
    Perchance to Dream (when I first saw this episode, I thought it was the Riddler)
    The one with the villain having these kids pick-pocket for him (I always cracked myself laughing where Alfred is trying to get the kid out of bed)
    The one with the joker fish (I love the commercial.)

Probably some more, but can't remember at the moment (it's been a while since I saw it)
    The episode with the pick-pockets is called Underdwellers and the Joker fish episode is called Laughing Fish. Did the episode's title of Cat Scratch Fever reminded you of that song? and do you agree Eternal Youth is like a better version of Troll 2?

The first episode there is the debut of Scarecrow which means i knew he would be on this show as he's one of my fave DC villains ever, this episode dealt with what Batman really knows what he fears as it happens to be his guilt yet he managed to conquer his fear at the end then utter his famous line. Scarecrow looked completely different in the second episode of him as i bet his old mask was destroyed yet decided to get a new one isn't that right?

And who think Jonathan Crane looked like ichabod from the Disney Sleepy Hollow toon and a bit like that one worker from the movie Akira in some way? afterall the show is not only comic/Burton film inspired by also anime influenced.

But who liked it that Jeffrey Combs of Re-Animator fame gets to be the character's voice for the later seasons?

Who likes this episode? my 32d fave episode on my top 35 fave episodes and it's a fun one that is like a jazzed up cocktail of Island of Dr. Moreau, the Tiny Toons episode "Hare Raising Night", the 1984 Osamu Tezuka animated film "Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature", Splice and Freaked (Remember that sci-fi horror comedy with Randy Quaid as the mad scientist and Alex Winter with the mutant freaks?). Who thinks Dr. Emile Dorian looks like David Cronenberg without glasses? and any guys here thought Selina Kyle in mutant cat chick form was hot?

I did missed out on this episode the first time it aired and i remembered when it reaired on my 12th birthday i watched it with my bigger brother, i remembered when Selina crept out of the shadows of the exhibit i was saying "What the hell" then after commercial break she did that seductive pose in the exhibit and i was saying "HOLY HELL SHE'S HOT and naked too" as i whistled at her as my jaw was dropped during the entire episode and i fantasized about her, my brother told me "Your nuts", lol that brings back memories. I just adore Catwoman/Selina Kyle for 23 years no matter what she looks like in cartoons, movies, games, comics and TV shows. Mutated Selina is almost in the same league as other sexy cartoon feline gals back then like Cleo from Heathcliff, Kit Mambo from Animalympics, the She-Panther from the one Pink Panther special Pink at First Sight, Cheetara and Pumraya from Thundercats, Kitten Kaboodle from Talespin, Callie Briggs from Swat Kats, Aishia Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Jenny from Bucky O'Hare, Bagi from Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature, the Puma Twins,Mirage from Aladdin, M'ress from the Star Trek cartoon from Tank Police and especially Katrina from He-Man you have to admit.

Great episode, it reintroduces the character to animation and i knew him from the classic 60's show when i was a kid but i think he's one of the most underrated Batman villains ever. TMS does a great job as usual in TV animation for some of their works on TV and animated movies.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; October 3, 2012 at 11:46am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    The episode with the pick-pockets is called Underdwellers and the Joker fish episode is called Laughing Fish. Did the episode's title of Cat Scratch Fever reminded you of that song? and do you agree Eternal Youth is like a better version of Troll 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzsZdCCLzR8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVihrTAqF70
    The first episode there is the debut of Scarecrow which means i knew he would be on this show as he's one of my fave DC villains ever, this episode dealt with what Batman really knows what he fears as it happens to be his guilt yet he managed to conquer his fear at the end then utter his famous line. Scarecrow looked completely different in the second episode of him as i bet his old mask was destroyed yet decided to get a new one isn't that right?

And who think Jonathan Crane looked like ichabod from the Disney Sleepy Hollow toon and a bit like that one worker from the movie Akira in some way? afterall the show is not only comic/Burton film inspired by also anime influenced.

But who liked it that Jeffrey Combs of Re-Animator fame gets to be the character's voice for the later seasons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrle43QUWZE
    Who likes this episode? my 32d fave episode on my top 35 fave episodes and it's a fun one that is like a jazzed up cocktail of Island of Dr. Moreau, the Tiny Toons episode "Hare Raising Night", the 1984 Osamu Tezuka animated film "Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature", Splice and Freaked (Remember that sci-fi horror comedy with Randy Quaid as the mad scientist and Alex Winter with the mutant freaks?). Who thinks Dr. Emile Dorian looks like David Cronenberg without glasses? and any guys here thought Selina Kyle in mutant cat chick form was hot?

I did missed out on this episode the first time it aired and i remembered when it reaired on my 12th birthday i watched it with my bigger brother, i remembered when Selina crept out of the shadows of the exhibit i was saying "What the hell" then after commercial break she did that seductive pose in the exhibit and i was saying "HOLY HELL SHE'S HOT and naked too" as i whistled at her as my jaw was dropped during the entire episode and i fantasized about her, my brother told me "Your nuts", lol that brings back memories. I just adore Catwoman/Selina Kyle for 23 years no matter what she looks like in cartoons, movies, games, comics and TV shows. Mutated Selina is almost in the same league as other sexy cartoon feline gals back then like Cleo from Heathcliff, Kit Mambo from Animalympics, the She-Panther from the one Pink Panther special Pink at First Sight, Cheetara and Pumraya from Thundercats, Kitten Kaboodle from Talespin, Callie Briggs from Swat Kats, Aishia Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Jenny from Bucky O'Hare, the Puma Twins, M'ress from the Star Trek cartoon from Tank Police and especially Katrina from He-Man you have to admit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JOwtnrY-KQ
    Great episode, it reintroduces the character to animation and i knew him from the classic 60's show when i was a kid but i think he's one of the most underrated Batman villains ever. TMS does a great job as usual in TV animation for some of their works on TV and animated movies.
    Thank you! I couldn't remember the episode names and now I remember.

Heroic Warrior
    No problem Burton.

Remember this epsiode folks? it was OK but one of the last 2 Akom episodes but still should have been an episode for Halloween and who else thinks Harry Hamlin was terrific as Anthony Romanus the werewolf and Treat Williams was great as Milo? Williams is a fine actor and one of the most underrated there is. And does anyone agree with me that he looks like an evil Moe?

One of my mom's fave episodes and bigger brother's fave episodes! this one tell us how Bullock and Montoya met the Bat. Who else notices Bullock is voiced by the same man from Total Recall and Die Hard 2? it happens to be the same actor and anyone here watched Spawn? loved that show since i was a teen and from the same makers too, Detective Burke is much similar to Bullock in some aspects and voice sounds similar.

Enjoyable sequel to On Leather Wings and this one offers a twist in the climax of who the Bat-thing creature is, the transformation was quite creepy and Francine Langstrom looks like a human version of Callie Briggs from Swat Kats, who else thinks so?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Actually, I really enjoyed the werewolf episode because it is a direct adaptation of a comic from 1970.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Actually, I really enjoyed the werewolf episode because it is a direct adaptation of a comic from 1970.
    Oh yes it was a nice faithful adaptation and do you agree that Harry Hamlin and Treat Williams were terrific in it? i wish Anthony returned on the show.

These promos sure bring back memories eh?

Who likes these 2 episodes? If Your So Smart Why Aren't You Rich? is another one of my fave episodes ever and it's sequel is quite enjoyable. Who thought John Glover was terrific as Riddler? i knew him from Gremlins 2 and Scrooged when i saw those in theaters as a kid and noticed his voice on the show, in fact Riddler on this show looks just like the actor don't you all think? his boss looks like Tony Stark from the Iron man comics don't you all think? and i like how Robin proves he is as smart as Batman as he can solve riddles nicely but not always.