2 4.17%
  • Agua - Father of Mermista and King of the Etherian Seas

5 10.42%
  • Lockette - Holder of a power eternian artifact

8 16.67%
  • Unicra - Heroic Unicorian Princess

10 20.83%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presenting: Skaldor!! Also Polling for Round 4 of the Character Developement Thread

Movie mayhem!

Presenting: Skaldor!! Also Polling for Character Developement Thread Round 4: POP

UPDATE SHA's PICTURE ADED 8-15-2007
    Let the polling for Round 4 of the Character Developement Threads Begin. This round has a theme and that is: Princess of Power!

Use this thread to discuss who is your favorite and why and also leave your comments for Skaldors Art Work which I'll post below.

And Now Presenting SKALDOR (another pic below with his bio) - Skaldor is a special BONUS developement thread character. :-) SHA's is here too

Here are the options for Round 4:

Huntor/The Woodsman
    - Heroic Etherian Woodsman, well known in the rebellion Huntor was known as a peaceful family man. He'd help out the rebellion when needed but only when it was a crisis. After his two sons were killed by the horde however this changed and Huntor devoted his life to bringing down hordak.

Harpra - Heroic Harpy Woman - The daughter of Hungra the Harpy, Harpra is also the daughter of a human farmer who Hungra seduces to concieve an heir. Hungra hated her daughters beauty and locked her away for most of her childhood. Eventually Harpra escaped and ashamed of her familys ways joins the rebellion

Inventra - Heroic Rebel Inventor - Captured as a young girl by the horde, inventra was forced to use her amazing brain to produce machines for the horde. She was freed by she-ra and joined the rebellion

Centara - Etherian Female Centaur - a creation of the horde Centara was captured when young and used as a labrat. She is very self conscious of the way she now looks and wonders if she is the only one of her kind.

Shehara- Mysterious Vieled Woman - a mysterious etherian figure, she is good but has a different, more cruel way of dealing with evil. She workds alone though sometimes has been forced to join up with she-ra to fight their commen enemy. She lives in the Etheria Desert.

Patrah - Queen of the Magicats - Patrah is the queen of the Magicats and trained along side Catra when they were both young. Catra betrayed her people however when she joined Hordak, and Patra has never forgiven her. She is also keeper of an ancient tomb.

Agua - Father of Mermista and King of the Etherian Seas King Agua rarely leaves the water world and wishes his daughter wouldn't either. he is proud of her though and hopes that she'll one day wear his crown. In the meantime he helps her protect the etherian water realm from the likes of Baitah, Algea, and the rest of the evil horde.

Lockette - Holder of a powerful eternian artifact - Lula was playing in an ancient crypt with her brother when she came across the lockette artifact. When she opened it everything went dark and she awoke in a field 6 years later. UNsure of where her brother is she has been learning how to wield the power of the lockette and has joined the rebellion in hopes that they may help her find her brother

Unicra - Heroic Unicorian Princess - Unicra is of a horned etherian people and very head strong. While her culture is fearful of outsiders and wishes to live in isolation Unicra has realized that the hordes growing power will soon consume them, and they must finally join the fight.

Just so everyone knows whats going on here it is:

The winner of this poll will get a treatment similar to Wraptor Ickthia and Skaldor (and soon Manchine Man who the artists are tackling right now). Once a winner is decided that character will have a development thread opened where we can all discuss that characters design. We can all give our input and help fully form the character, talking about everything from their BIO, to colors, to weapons - everything. These ideas can be offered up verbally or through submitting sketches.

After all details have been discussed our official development thread artists Buffalo Bill Man, Sha, and Mike Bock will create a final rendering of the character. As you know in our First round Wraptor was drawn by four final artists. Many of them may return for this round if their lives remain sane and they have the time. So cross your fingers!

To see pictures of how past winners turned out click their names in my signature.

Skaldor sans Shield, more pics of him to come, keep checking back

Eddic has trained his whole life to become a Skald, a Skald as we know them by the way were courtly singing poets from Scandinavia and Iceland during the Viking age. They were often also bards, councillors and warriors and were people of influence and power.

On one of his many heroic journeys Eddic comes across the ancient third Power Sword. He was always meant to but wasn't ready until now. The Sword of Elements transforms him into Skaldor and gives him Increadible Powers. Otherwise he remains Eddic, still a very skilled warrior and skald but with no where near the power of Skaldor.

Powers: The power of the Sword of Elements give Skaldor strength, a fabulous physique, and a witty sense of humor. Because Skaldar had spent his entire life learning how to master his voice as a Skald he slowly discovers that by resonating his voice through the sword he can wield the elemental powers of the sword in a variety of ways. So when he uses ice breath for example he would hold the sword in front of his face, yell through the twin blades and the sound vibrating through the blade would then come out as ice or whatever element.

Ice Sword and freezing breath
    Fire Sword and Fire Breath
    Wind Sword and Weather Wistle
    earth/vine sword and Earth Quake shout and Vine Sword
    Sword of Electricity - Sonic Thunder shout

Being raised in the colder regions of the planet, you usually find him in Ice form.
    Last edited by Patreek; August 15, 2007 at 10:20pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I like the idea of Huntor. Seems like a Conan the Barbarian version of the Punisher.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Liking Skaldor. Especially liek the facthis sword is a mix between She-ra and He-mans/ Skeletors dual sword..or at least it seems that way.

I went for Centara, sounds like a good idea, more centaurs!!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Skaldor does look good. Tho how many power swords is there? Too many power swords sort of diminishes He-Man...makes him less special.

Oh and I went for Shehara through a simple process of "Eeny meeny"
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Skaldor is really cool. I think that is an awesome idea that his powers utilize the elements of nature to fight the baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Skaldor does look good. Tho how many power swords is there? Too many power swords sort of diminishes He-Man...makes him less special.
    Gotta agree. Don't get me wrong Patreek, I really like the character but the concept of having a third power sword does diminish the importance of He-man on Eternia. Suppose Skaldor surfaces on Eternia, there's no way the people's faith in He-man will remain the same considering the Skaldor has the strength + the elemental powers. He-man only has strength.

The Elemental powers controlled through the sword is an Awesome idea. It would work better if he didn't actually transform but used his elemental powrs instead in guise. I'm not trying to take away anything from the fantastic character concept & the art, its just my opinion.

Oh & as for the poll, I went for Lockette. I'm sure designing her will be very interesting.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Gotta agree. Don't get me wrong Patreek, I really like the character but the concept of having a third power sword does diminish the importance of He-man on Eternia. Suppose Skaldor surfaces on Eternia, there's no way the people's faith in He-man will remain the same considering the Skaldor has the strength + the elemental powers. He-man only has strength.

The Elemental powers controlled through the sword is an Awesome idea. It would work better if he didn't actually transform but used his elemental powrs instead in guise. I'm not trying to take away anything from the fantastic character concept & the art, its just my opinion.

Oh & as for the poll, I went for Lockette. I'm sure designing her will be very interesting.
    I think it would have been better if Skaldor had the elemental powers naturally but he uses the sword to focus them.

Skaldor could be given some added strength from his sword, but still be nowhere near as strong as He-Man or She-Ra is. That's certainly what I would strongly recommend (no pun intended ).

I would think that strength on par with He-Man and/or She-Ra, as well as elemental power, would diminish both He-Man and She-Ra quite badly by sheer comparison.

I don't have a big problem with a third version of the power sword in and of itself though.

The character design is simply gorgeous.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Movie mayhem!

Oh and I went for Shehara through a simple process of "Eeny meeny"
    Very good points, I sort of saw Skaldor Emerging during the time that He-man has gone into space. There is a brief time of peace but then all hell breaks loose and skaldor is guided towards the sword of elements.

Also he doesn't have strength on par with he-man and she-ra, i should have made that more clear, he just gets added strength. Their strength far far out does skaldor though. If he punched someone he'd send them flying, but he couldn't pic up a huge boulder.

As for the transformation, I don't see it being as complete as he-man and she-ra, when 'untransformed' he just looks more plane and doesn't have the headdress or all of the ornateness on his armor. So I guess its more of a power up? lol

Does this clarification help for anyone?
    Last edited by Patreek; August 9, 2007 at 01:14pm.

All seems good to me. Perhaps there is a way to make his sword a sword of power but not a power sword (i.e. have nothing to do with He-Man's or She-Ra's)

What if there was once a race of elemental beings that lived in Eternia's or Etheria's (whichever) ancient past. They looked pretty much human except that each had a power to control a different element. They developed magical weapons that each had one of these elemental powers.

All except the king of these ppl who not only had the natural ability to control all the elements but also had a sword that could as well.

Fast forward a few millenia and this race has died out and left no physical trace that they ever existed...well almost no trace. While all the other elemental weapons have been lost in time and turned to dust, one has remained...the kings sword. Then one day a young man named Eddic discovers this sword...blah blah blah
    Last edited by wolfsfang; August 9, 2007 at 01:24pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Yea thats possible. Also I don't know if it matters, but there are two eternian power swords that come from greyskull.

I sort of saw this one originating in the crystal castle on Etheria, with its link to lighthope.
    Last edited by Patreek; August 9, 2007 at 01:27pm.

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Here are some pics that aren't quite so big.

BBM-

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Yea thats possible. Also I don't know if it matters, but there are two eternian power swords that come from greyskull.

I sort of saw this one originating in the crystal castle on Etheria, with its link to lighthope.
    Okay Lighthope is the guardian of the sword but not the creator (Sorceress - He-man's sword kind of deal). But while LH did not create the sword it is through LH that Eddic is able to access the power of the sword.

Probably due to some silly phrase like "By the brightness of Lighthope... I am SKALDOR"

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar

As for the Power Swords I agree that this one should be from the Crystal Castle.
    There have been many Power Swords and it seems that each is a little different.
    In the original MOTU there were 2:
    • Sword of Power (He-Man's)
    • Sword of Destruction Skeletor's)
    • 200X Skeletor's Sword(s) is Both the orginal swords twisted together.
    • 200X He-Man's is all Mechanical.
    • She-Ra's is the "Sword of Hope"
    • Skaldor's is just another type of Power Sword. I don't see it conflicting with any other Power Swords.
    It's a Sword and it has Power, Power different than any other Power Sword.
    Hmmm, say that 10 times fast...

BBM-

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm, wellll.. I don't know, this character doesn't quite gel with me as much as previous ones in this challenge.

As for the next character, Inventra strikes me as an interesting concept, a sort of counter-force to the Hordes Entrapta.

Movie mayhem!
    What don't you think gel's about him? The bio, the way he looks? Still trying to make him better, so any contructive comments would be great. if you don't want to leave them here you can PM me.

Inventra is a cool one. I have this very classic she-ra episode in my head where She-ra breaks into a horde base and finds inventra... Inventra was capture as a child and raised by the horde, she isn't evil just manipulated. She's SO smart that she's just excited to be inventing new things and has tunnel vision about it. She truely doesn't get that the horde is using these things for evil. So She-ra frees her and takes her out into the world to see what her inventions are doing. Inventra immediatly leaves the horde vowing to invent things for the good of the rebellion.

What don't you think gel's about him? The bio, the way he looks? Still trying to make him better, so any contructive comments would be great. if you don't want to leave them here you can PM me.

Inventra is a cool one. I have this very classic she-ra episode in my head where She-ra breaks into a horde base and finds inventra... Inventra was capture as a child and raised by the horde, she isn't evil just manipulated. She's SO smart that she's just excited to be inventing new things and has tunnel vision about it. She truely doesn't get that the horde is using these things for evil. So She-ra frees her and takes her out into the world to see what her inventions are doing. Inventra immediatly leaves the horde vowing to invent things for the good of the rebellion.
    So powerful being breaks into fright zone, finds someone who is doing evil things against their will due to brainwashing or something...powerful person liberates said being and shows them what the horde does and all the things that they too have been responsible for. This person then joins the rebellion and uses their power against Hordak and the horde

Funny that sounds like how He-Man found and rescued She-Ra

Movie mayhem!
    So powerful being breaks into fright zone, finds someone who is doing evil things against their will due to brainwashing or something...powerful person liberates said being and shows them what the horde does and all the things that they too have been responsible for. This person then joins the rebellion and uses their power against Hordak and the horde

Funny that sounds like how He-Man found and rescued She-Ra
    Well right its very similar... only it would be gear and focused in on techonology and not just what the horde is doing in general. That specifically technology can do great good, but also can be very destructive and evil (aka the Abomb)

Not saying it is a bad idea, in fact if it works for the character it could be a very good idea if handled correctly. I just couldn't help noticing the similarities

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Well, I think it's mostly his backstory, with the third power sword.. Why, exactly, is he supposed to be worthy of the power? Everybody else that's ever wielded the power has beenof the greyskull blood-line or whatever you want to call it.

I just feels this takes away from She-ra and He-man. Maybe if he wielded something else, and there was clear conception if he get's his power from the same source as He-man and She-ra or from Light Hope. If he doesn't get it from the unlimited energy at the center of the universe like them, then he's obviously not as powerful.

Other than that, well I suppose it's the she-ra "hat" and the mask. Yeah, I know that masks have been there since the start, with Man-e-Faces, but still, it feels out of place. And the Wing-helmet I suppose I get is because of the norse motife, but it still doesn't quite gell with me.

Nice ideas about inventra, but how about she's not as blind to the evils of the Horde as Adora was? Rather she's kept in line because of fear, and oppression. And when Adora escaped along with He-man, or during some big battle when the rebellion got all the way into the fright Zone, it inspired her to "make the jump" and she finally escaped her oppressors and joined the Rebellion.

A nice advantage of this is that it would give Adora someone that understands what it's like to have worked for Hordak, among her other friends in the rebellion. Somebody that would understand, someone she would talk to in private. ( not about the secret tho, of course) We could make it so that she's really not as brave as some of the other rebellion-women she's not as fearless as She-ra as strong-willed as Glimmer or as experienced and such, as Queen Angella. A bit meek almost. Like a less happy Perfuma.
    Last edited by Predabot; August 9, 2007 at 05:44pm.

Lockette seems like the better choice to me.

I was going to choose Huntor but the rebellion is pretty much made up of people who hate the Horde for similar reasons. I mean who in the rebellion doesn't have a problem with the Horde and Hordak? Harpra is a cool aspect since it ties in with the story but, I've never really liked Hunga's design and Hunga herself, to the point that I wouldn't want anything based off of her.

Patrah has an interesting back story but all in all it seems like the end result would be a remake of the cat queen in 'Magicats' despite the slightly different origin. Inventra was another interesting idea but, it seems like another Adora story (not to mention that General Sunder, Chakra, and Loni went to the rebellion in a similar manner so this would seem repetative to me).

Lockette has pretty awsome potential for a good story and a lot of mystery in her past. Who knows what happened to her during those six years? The Horde might have found her or another evil force is watching over her every move. Also the mystery of her brother brings a whole world of possibilities as well, so my vote definitely goes to Lockette.
    Last edited by Luminak; August 9, 2007 at 08:00pm.

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Well, I think it's mostly his backstory, with the third power sword.. Why, exactly, is he supposed to be worthy of the power? Everybody else that's ever wielded the power has beenof the greyskull blood-line or whatever you want to call it.

I just feels this takes away from She-ra and He-man. Maybe if he wielded something else, and there was clear conception if he get's his power from the same source as He-man and She-ra or from Light Hope. If he doesn't get it from the unlimited energy at the center of the universe like them, then he's obviously not as powerful.
    Yea I think i'm going to change it so it is clear that he gets his power from LightHope and the crystal Castle. BBM put it best, its only a power sword because its a sword and has power. lol It doesn't have to be from the same source as He-man and She-ra's, and actually I prefer it not, i like it coming from the crystal castle.

The way I see it the planets are twin right, so if there are two swords of power on Eternia, perhaps there are two that originate from Etheria.

Other than that, well I suppose it's the she-ra "hat" and the mask. Yeah, I know that masks have been there since the start, with Man-e-Faces, but still, it feels out of place. And the Wing-helmet I suppose I get is because of the norse motife, but it still doesn't quite gell with me.
    The wings are both a shout out to the norse stuff and also the crystal castle design, since he is linked to lighthope.

Part of the reason I did this guy as a bonus character was because he's more an idea that i felt really interested in that i knew others might not be as into.

Nice ideas about inventra, but how about she's not as blind to the evils of the Horde as Adora was? Rather she's kept in line because of fear, and oppression. And when Adora escaped along with He-man, or during some big battle when the rebellion got all the way into the fright Zone, it inspired her to "make the jump" and she finally escaped her oppressors and joined the Rebellion.

A nice advantage of this is that it would give Adora someone that understands what it's like to have worked for Hordak, among her other friends in the rebellion. Somebody that would understand, someone she would talk to in private. ( not about the secret tho, of course) We could make it so that she's really not as brave as some of the other rebellion-women she's not as fearless as She-ra as strong-willed as Glimmer or as experienced and such, as Queen Angella. A bit meek almost. Like a less happy Perfuma.
    Cool idea... their bios right now are just a jumping off point, in the actual developement of who ever is chosen it is possible that their backstory could completely change. So yea its very possible that what you mentioned above could be what ends up being her backstory. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    Lockette seems like the better choice to me.

I was going to choose Huntor but the rebellion is pretty much made up of people who hate the Horde for similar reasons. Harpra is a cool aspect since it ties in with the story but, I've never really liked Hunga's design and Hunga herself, to the point that I wouldn't want anything based off of her.

Patrah has an interesting back story but all in all it seems like the end result would be a remake of the cat queen in 'Magicats' despite the slightly different origin.
    Harpra's design could go a lot of ways, she could look very much like hungra, or very human with a few harpy traits... I just realize by the way I left out this character i wanted to have in the list. UGH. She was kinda cool too. She was like this big beasty looking lady, like a female bigfoot.

Inventra was another interesting idea but, it seems like another Adora story (not to mention that General Sunder, Chakra, and Loni went to the rebellion in a similar manner so this would seem repetative to me).
    Again this doesn't have to be her final bio, its just a starting point. It could completely change in developement. Wraptors bio for example changed a great deal and has even spawned a whole new era of MOTU called Egypternia. SMB and I are working on a little fan fic about it.

The basic idea for inventra is just that she is a female big brained and nerdy inventor for the rebellion. In the end we could get rid of her ties to the horde all together, or just tweak them.

Lockette has pretty awsome potential for a good story and a lot of mystery in her past. Who knows what happened to her during those six years? The Horde might have found her or another evil force is watching over her every move. Also the mystery of her brother brings a whole world of possibilities as well, so my vote definitely goes to Lockette.
    Most of my real life friends seem to like this character a lot too.
    Last edited by Patreek; August 9, 2007 at 07:10pm.

Harpra's design could go a lot of ways, she could look very much like hungra, or very human with a few harpy traits... I just realize by the way I left out this character i wanted to have in the list. UGH. She was kinda cool too. She was like this big beasty looking lady, like a female bigfoot.
    That is what I had imagined Harpra to look like but either way I just never liked Hunga. Her voice was high pitched and her design wasn't that great either. I know Harpra will look different but it seems to me that since Hunga appeared very few times in the series (despite her pretty prominent role of capturing Angella) it just doesn't seem that worth it to expand her character any more than it is.

Again this doesn't have to be her final bio, its just a starting point. It could completely change in developement. Wraptors bio for example changed a great deal and has even spawned a whole new era of MOTU called Egypternia. SMB and I are working on a little fan fic about it.

The basic idea for inventra is just that she is a female big brained and nerdy inventor for the rebellion. In the end we could get rid of her ties to the horde all together, or just tweak them.
    That acctually does give her more importance as a character but, like MOTU the good guys have enough random characters in the group. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of a tech. genius on the rebellion's side is a good idea but if there were less characters for the rebellion then I'd probably be more willing to like this character.

You see the only thing this person offers in a show or situation would be a couple of episodes of them working behind the desk, providing methods to stop the Horde just like every other member of the rebellion while Lockette on the other hand not only offers this but also comes with a mystery. The mystery of her past and her present. This adds to the character and makes her much more important/interesting to the point that I could see a whole arc based on her past. Now I understand that this isn't Inventra's final bio but for now it is Lockette who seems to have the most potential for a truly interesting role in the list.
    Last edited by Luminak; August 9, 2007 at 08:03pm.

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Wow, this thread started today and I feel like I'm a week behind already!

I really like Skaldor with his Elemental Sword. I also really like the suggestion of a race of ancient elementals who forged weapons imbued with their powers... but maybe they are not all swords? A fire spear, a lightning staff, a water trident, a wind fan, and ice dagger, etc... and the current bearers of these weapons are descendants of this elemental race. Could be a cool storyline...

On the current vote I went with Unicra, she just seemed like she could be a cool character visually and story-wise.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

I like best Centara and Lockette, as I think those sound like really good Princess of Power concepts. I love the design of Skaldor, but I really don't care for that name. I know it has a meaning, but it just sounds so much like a skewed form of Skeletor to me. Also I got the feeling (and I may be misremembering) that there weren't many male names ending in -or on Etheria. The names were more girly and romantic, less macho if you know what I mean. To look at him, names like Silverheart and Bluestone come to mind before Skaldor. But I love the design, and just as He-Man needs more women, She-Ra needs more men (non Hordesmen I mean). I'm sure if I'd heard Melendie Britt saying the name Skaldor I wouldn't think anything of it.