Thread: Post your questions for the team on the new definitive history of He-Man documentary!

Post your questions for the team on the new definitive history of He-Man documentary!

He-Man.Org and Power-Con are lending a help hand to the team behind the proposed documentary "Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe." These are the filmmakers who brought you the documentaries "Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", "Nintendo Quest" and the upcoming "A Riddle of Steel: The Definitive History of Conan the Barbarian".

Their Kickstarter for this He-Tastic documentary endeavor is right around the corner. But they already want to hear your questions about their plans for the project!

So from now until Friday, October 9th, we'll take your questions to submit to the documentary team. Please post your questions today!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Totally Dyslexic
    Will it include Princess of Power and New Adventures as well?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

What toy lines or franchise did Masters of the Universe get it's ideas from ?

In MOTU , I see a lot of elements from Star Wars and Conan . For example -----------

Star Wars similarities - He-Man / Luke Skywalker , Light saber / Power sword , Skeletor / Darth Vader , Teela/ Princess Leia , Han Solo / Man-At-Arms ,
    Both Luke and Adam are battling against a close relative , a father and an uncle , etc . Lots of similarities .

Conan similarities - He-Man's overall look. Is he really Conan disguised with blond hair ? Was Wonder Bread He-Man really Conan ?

As you can see MOTU has elements from both franchises . The sword and sorcery of Conan , and the super advanced high technology of Star Wars .
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Will background stories be revealed on little known Arackna Empire. More on other dimensions and all these councils like the Gray and Crimson. More on the Cosmic Enforcers , the First Ones and the Ancient Ones. How many worlds ruled by the Snake Men Empire still have remenants.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Widget
    Could you guys reference Blackstar?

Cab you have a small part at the ending called "Future of the Franchise"?

Just how powerful/popular of a toy-line was MOTU in the 80s?
    Posted from iOS app

The much anticipated Toy Masters documentory, seems to be aiming for an audience, not necessarily, die hard fans of MOTU, with the emphasis on the brand, more as the pop culture phenomenon it turned out to be. Which, of course, is totally fine, and I'm eagerly looking forward to this documentory.

Have your team decided on which audience you make this documentory for, the die hard fan, who may seek more obscure information or the wider audience, where the audience may not be too famliar with the property..?
    Leech sucks..!

Will You guys go into the Vast Secrets of Grayskull.
    Also will you guys go into Why He-man is the most Powerful man in the Universe! I would love a Statement be finalized for the Man who has gone toe to toe With Full Force powered Superman Twice! Once pulling punches not to kill a Superman who was going after him at Full Force (by Skeletors magic),A man who is powered by So much Please expound on His Invulnerability & Unlimited Strength! I understand he is not All powerful & shouldn't be but as far as strength & Powerful up Grades He Should be @ the Top of the List of unbelievablely Powered Heroes of Unbelievable Power! Me He-man being the most powerful man in the Universe is Splendid for me. But the rest of the world differs . I know it was a selling point for mattel but became real because of his Amazing feats in all his lore but, If I where a new fan sell to me why He Is the Most Powerful Human in The Universe! !!!! To Me He is the Hero that Doesn't quit the protector of Grayskull & the orb of power & The Vast Secrets of The Universe! He must Rise to every Occasion to Defend Castle Grayskull as well as to Defeat Evil & be the champion on the side of Good! I would Love for you guys to Tackle that!
    Last edited by he-ron; October 4, 2015 at 10:22am.

I'd really like to here about the development of each series of figures, particularly the 8-back characters & Series 2 & 3.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 5.30.16!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

I really want to know definitively what the deal is with Spinnerella? Why is her vintage toy so rare? She was released alongside Netossa, who's not nearly as rare. What did the toy landscape look like at the time of their release and was there a moment that caused her production to be cut short?

Widget
    I would be very interested in seeing interviews with the likes of Roger Sweet and Mark Taylor. Any chance of seeing these two pop up in your documentary? Of special interest to me is Mark Taylor's concept art for the line.
    p.s. - I love the MOTU and would happily provide custom artwork for your project, free of charge. If you are interested, you can check my artwork out at here.

Attachment 105277

Will this include a healthy amount of time dedicated to She-Ra Princess of Power and her story on Etheria..... also a part of the Masters of The Universe storyline?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Will you finally solve the mystery of the Savage/Wonder Bread He-Man figure?

Can you get (however short) Arnold Schwarzenegger's contemporary opinion of his memories (however small) of the early 80's He-man phenomenon? I feel there is a definite connection between late 70's, early 80's muscle culture (which Arnold personally cultivated a great deal) together with action movies (notably Conan the Barbarian) and He-man and the Masters of the Universe.
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior
    From all the comics over the world Clamp Champ has a different Origin story, can you tell us more about Clamp Champ and what the future could have had for in the cartoons? Looking at all of Clamp Champ's Powers and abilities would you say he is the second most powerful man in the universe?

Will you focus on the work the voice actors did to make the brand successful?