Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Legacy Presents: The Secret of the Sword

New Legacy Presents: The Secret of the Sword

Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Previously

After being defeated years ago by the mighty King Grayskull, Hordak and his minions were banished to the terrible dimension of Despondos. However, centuries later, Hordak and his Evil Horde returned, prepared to conquer Eternia once again.

His invasion was wrought with struggle as the people of Eternia resisted against the Horde’s armies. He-Man, champion of Grayskull and the heir to King Grayskull, eventually defeated Hordak, sending the enemy and his forces into retreat. Meanwhile, the long-lost Princess Adora was returned to the royal family of Eternos after being kidnapped years earlier and transported to Despondos by Hordak’s Eternian agent, Keldor.

Adora found her place with her family, even as the dreaded leader of the Snake-Men – King Hsss – was restored. Furthermore, an encounter with He-Man’s doppelganger Faker led to the return of the ancient structure known as the Towers of Eternia. This event occurred three weeks ago.

Even though Hordak appears subdued, little does Eternia know that he remains a terrible threat.

Little does
    anyone suspect that a whispered and sacred myth from the past . . . is about to change everything . . .

Prelude: The Rider

It was pouring down rain when the rider came upon Castle Grayskull that autumn eve. There was a war far from here and Lord Gray, a warrior in the name of Grayskull Kingdom, came at long last to pay his respects. Months ago, his brother had perished while battling a creature known as Hordak. Gray had put off seeing his sister-in-law and the grave at which his brother was buried simply out of need to battle.

He mourned while making war.

Hordak, before battling Grayskull, attacked the vicious Snake-Men. In Hordak’s absence, however, the Snake-Men had risen again, stronger and more powerful than before. And there were rumors . . . rumors that sent Gray to Castle Grayskull in the first place . . .

The jawbridge to the great castle opened. Out walked a single figure, dressed in large brown robes; Veena, the wife of King Grayskull walked towards him. Gray dismounted his steed and the pair stared at each other in the pouring rain.

“You’re late,” Veena stated flatly.

“I’ve been fighting a war.”

Veena perked an eyebrow. “You’re seeking a way to battle King Hsss.”

“I’ve come for a number of reasons,” Gray replied, meaning it.

Veena sized him up, then turned. Gray followed, bringing his horse into Castle Grayskull. After entering, the horse was handed off to an aide.

“How many people are here?” asked Gray.

“Not many. Three aides, a dozen soldiers . . . and four of nursemaids.” She said this as the robes fell to the ground, revealing a full, pregnant belly. Gray took in the sight with little surprise.

“I see the rumor is true. My brother left you a going away present.”

“That he did.”

Gray pulled back his long, sopping wet dark hair. He then reached into his gray-blue robes and pulled out a scroll. Veena took it from him. She broke its seal, unrolled it and read the contents.

“It is as I expected,” she said after a length. “The line of Kings goes into hiding. In their place shall come a succession of Captains.”

Gray nodded. “The Council of the Wise gave me the option of leading Kingdom Grayskull out from the ruin wrought by the Snake-Men and the Horde. But ruling . . . it was more Grayskull and our father’s place to do that. Not mine.”

“I counted on that.”

“Oh?”

She flashed a sardonic smile. “If you had been interested in your heritage, it would not have taken you eight months to see Grayskull’s grave.”

Nearly an hour later, the rain had ended. Gray was on one knee, Veena behind him. They stood before the gravestone of King Grayskull. After long moments of silence, Gray spoke.

“We were never close. I always regretted that.”

Veena nodded. “So did he.”

Gray smiled. “Funny. When he took over, I thought I would remain in touch with him. I felt as though taking on that burden would bring us both closer. Instead, it just drove us apart. Him, running the kingdom. Me, just running around. Having adventures. The past few months, I’ve wondered . . . what if I had been by his side when he battled Hordak? Would it have made a difference?”

Gray reached out and touched the tombstone. As soon as he did, a voice whispered in the wind.

Honor . . .

“What?”

Veena’s eyebrows scrunched. “I did not say anything.”

Gray sighed and stood up. “It’s getting late. I need my rest.”

“Of course.”

The dreams of Lord Gray were haunted. As he slumbered restlessly in his childhood chamber, his mind swirled with images of King Grayskull. His brother and Hordak and King Hsss and the Elders and Veena.

He saw in his dream King Grayskull’s blade. It radiated pure power.

The sword then slammed into the ground, right in front of Castle Grayskull.

Lord Gray stirred in bed, sheets intertwining with his limbs. Sweat trickled. He slept on.

A second sword crashed into the ground, next to Grayskull’s blade. It was far different. Smaller, golden, shorter . . . but it had on it a crystal at the top of its hilt, just where the blade began. Just as Grayskull’s did, so also did this sword radiate power. Huge bolts of energy blasted from the crystal.

A marvelous tower on the top of a far off mountain then replaced Castle Grayskull.

"Honor . . ." whispered King Grayskull. "Protection . . . and honor . . ."

Lord Gray awoke, sitting up in his bed, eyes wide, black hair a tangle. Outside, the sun was just beginning to rise. He dressed quickly and left his bedchamber. Lord Gray walked along the corridors until he reached a small door that led outside.

He found himself in a tiny garden placed right between the back wall of Castle Grayskull and the Abyss. In the early sunlight, Veena sat on a stone bench, stroking her bare belly and gazing out at the dawning sun. She hummed lovingly.

Lord Gray strode next to her and sat down. She was not startled to see him do this and simply took in a deep breath. Her wings behind her flexed a bit.

“Your slumber?” she asked, one hand on the firm taunt skin of her womb.

“Filled with eerie dreams, Veena,” he answered. He leaned forward and ran his hands over his face. “Tell me, what will happen here? What will happen to you?’

Veena looked sadly at a flower that was just starting to open up to accept the sunlight. “I will bare this child to term and place it into the care of the Council. They will raise this child to become the first of the Captains. For its own protection from those seeking revenge against King Grayskull or to be used against you.”

Gray’s eyes widened just a bit. Protection.

“And what about you?” he asked. “And Castle Grayskull?”

“I shall remain here. I will continue in use my power to protect Castle Grayskull. When old age has taken me, I shall call upon an apprentice. She shall take my place as Sorceress of Grayskull until she too is too old. And so on and so on.”

Gray nodded and his face sunk into his hands once more. Veena’s hand reached over and landed on his shoulder.

“What is it? What did you dream about?”

“I saw a sword. And not Grayskull’s sword. It was not the one I came for.”

“What did the sword look like?”

“It was gold with a crystal in its crest.”

Veena smiled knowingly. “Ah yes. That is your sword.”

Gray’s eyes widened in surprise and confusion. “What?”

“Your brother created it for you in the Great Forge. He never had the chance to give it to you.”

“Let me see it.”

Moments later, both Gray and Veena were within a large chamber. Veena held out a box to Gray. Gray opened it and retrieved the sword from within. As soon as he held in his hands, he could feel power flowing out from it and into his body.

“It’s . . . powerful!”

Veena smiled and her eyes showed Gray great wisdom. “When your brother died, both his power and life-force became one with Castle Grayskull, as well as his swords – the Sword of Power, and the sword you hold in your hands. The Sword of Protection.”

Gray swung the Sword of Protection out. “It’s incredible. I only wish I were better with a swordsman. My expertise is with a staff.”

“Your brother accounted for that. At your command, the sword can become a staff.”

At that, the Sword of Protection glowed white and became a battle staff, the crystal at the top.

“Amazing,” he said with awe.

“It can do more. As Grayskull was more strength, so then are you with your skills. It can give you a great arsenal. While King Grayskull was a warrior, you must be something different. Something more. You must become . . . a He-Ro.”

Gray smiled. “He-Ro, huh? I like the sound of that.”

Noon hour came and Lord Gray – or, He-Ro, as he was now called – stepped outside. His horse was drawn up at the land bridge. He unleashed a bolt from the Staff of Protection. Instantly, wings and a horn sprouted from his horse.

“I must be off,” he said, walking towards his steed. He looked back at Veena and smiled. “Take care of yourself.”

“I shall, Gray. You have done your brother a great honor,” she replied, an affectionate look in her eyes.

“Thank you. Good journey.”

“Good journey, Lord Gray, brother of Grayskull, He-Ro to Eternia.”

He-Ro rode off, his horse taking flight. Veena smiled and rubbed her belly, the child of a long line of children kicking and bouncing within. A new era had begun and Veena knew that one day, the Sword of Protection would be returned, empowered in the same way as the Sword of Power.

And then, sometime down the line, a descendant of the child within her would be its new bearer . . .

--------

Most definetly more to come! Stay tuned! Up-date due on Tuesday!

~W~
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

That was a good read. I appreciate the thought it takes to weave so many different stories together. Looking forward to the update.

What a beginning!

A perfect start for a story like this. I'm simply amazed.
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

AWESOME Start!!

Fantastic story & Fantastic artwork by Boo.

I can't wait to look forward for more!!
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by osgood
    That was a good read. I appreciate the thought it takes to weave so many different stories together. Looking forward to the update.
    Thanks! I really enjoyed finding a way to blend the classic mythos with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool
    What a beginning!

A perfect start for a story like this. I'm simply amazed.
    Thanks, my friend! The excitment will continue!

~W~

Hey this is a lot of fun!

I like the twist to the Eternian history.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Amazing!
    Boo's stuff rocks as always!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Act One: Bat and Snake

The cavern roof came down in crashing fragments.

Snake warriors scrambled about at the surprising disturbance upon their underground lair. As they formed up in defense formation an invisible force shot from the jagged hole that had been carved in the cavern ceiling and sent the snake warriors sprawling to the ground in all directions.

Within the cavernous chamber next door, King Hsss heard the commotion.

"We have been found," hissed the snake king, "Gather about me, my faithful servants, for battle calls us."

Seven snake priests stood around King Hsss and gathered around him in a protective circle. The concentration of snake priests and warriors were elsewhere in different regions of Subternia at this time. King Hsss and his priests watched and waited with their gaze staring at the blackness of the chamber's entrance.

The priests began to hiss as an imposing figure emerged from the blackness. Hordak stood tall and ominous as he slowly entered.

"Hordak!" hissed Hsss. "Very foolish for you to come here alone. All an example of your great foolishness."

Hordak cracked a slight smile. "Appearances can be deceiving, Hsss."

Suddenly, the shadows on the walls began to move to take presence around Hordak. The shadows then took shape and form and what had emerged was an impressive gathering of Despondos mages, Hordak’s disciples of magic.

Out of the darkness from behind Hordak came two figures. One was the burly and fur covered Grizzlor while the second was the armored metal bodyguard Extendar. "I only brought what forces I deemed were necessary to overcome your warrior guards and your serpent priests." said Hordak in a calm tone.

King Hsss smirked. "It seems as though you have recovered from your recent defeat from the hands of He-Man and the Eternians who ally him. My sources reported that you have been hiding yourself within your fortress since your humiliation."

Hordak took on a grim look and whispered to his mages "Destroy them."

The Despondos mages unleashed crimson beams from their hands and caught the snake priests off guard slightly. Grizzlor roared into action and leapt at one of the priests. The snake priests just hissed and knocked Grizzlor away with a serpentine beam. A snake priest levitated into the air and rushed towards Hordak. An elongated arm from Extendar shot out and swiftly struck the priest across his shrouded face sending the snake creature to the ground.

With the continuing assault from the Despondos mages the protective circle of snake priests had a gap in it that left Hsss unprotected, or so it looked. Extendar shot out both of his elongated arms in an intended strike against Hsss. Extendar possessed an expert attack speed that surpassed the reaction time of the snake priests but not Hsss. The snake man king ducked under the oncoming attack and impaled Extendar through his armored chest with a serpentine energy beam. The Horde droid toppled to the ground in between the space that separated King Hsss and Hordak.

Hsss raised his staff and with a great leap shot towards Hordak with his staff swinging. A flash of lightning streaked out from Hordak's hands and shaped into a solid staff. The staff weapons of both dark lords clashed together and held firm in the clash from the strength provided from the powerful users. Hsss withdrew and leapt back.

"We need some breathing room, ancient foe." hissed the snake king.

With a free hand King Hsss blasted away at a cavern wall creating an opening into the next chamber. Hsss leapt backwards and landed in the next chamber. Hordak calmly strode forward into the dark chamber that held not even a trickle of light.

"You think you can hide within the dark?" asked Hordak calmly. A bright flash of light lit up the room. Hordak looked upwards to see that King Hsss towered above him high up on a cavern ledge. "Why should I hide when I have nothing to fear?" asked Hsss through a grin. Hordak leapt upward and landed on the ledge in front of Hsss. "I have come here to purge you from existence. I wish to be rid of you once and for all."

"We share the same sentiments,” said Hsss. The snake king dashed forward and swung his staff at Hordak's face. The ruthless leader brought up his staff and blocked the blow. The staff of King Hsss began to glow and sizzle as it began to burn through Hordak's staff.

"I see you have grown more powerful in your magic since last we fought." said Hordak as he drew back leaving his staff hanging in midair as the snake king's weapon burned it in two. The severed halves of the staff clattered to the ground. "Let us see how powerful you really are and perhaps this time a worthy challenge you may pose."

He pointed a flattened palm towards Hsss and a beam of lightning streaked out and towards the snake king. Hsss swiftly brought up his staff and blocked the lightning strike. Hordak continued to feed the lightning beam as Hsss' staff absorbed the constant beam. "I have mastered my power. My staff can absorb every bit of power you use against me." said Hsss.

Hordak smiled and his lightning beam began to intensify in strength. Hsss held firm as his staff began to shudder as it continued to absorb the lightning blast. Glowing fissures began to appear in the staff and it shuddered ever more violently. Hsss let go of the staff and leapt backwards as it exploded apart. Hsss fired a telekinetic wave towards Hordak. Hordak held against the invisible energy wave with his own and he and Hsss were caught yet in another clash.

"Do you actually think you can win against me in such a clash?" asked Hordak, "Telekinetic power is what I excel in and if I remember right, you do not."

Without moving a muscle Hordak increased telekinetic force and the pressure began to build up against Hsss' telekinetic wave. The snake king could no longer resist against the crushing force. As he gave in he was knocked backwards through the air and came to rest hard against a cavern wall. "You may have grown stronger, Hsss, but you have not grown in intelligence." said Hordak.

Hsss raised one of his hands upwards and fired serpentine beams that raked across the cavern ceiling. Chunks of stone fell down towards Hordak as Hsss skittered into a nearby tunnel. The stone chunks that fell down towards Hordak abruptly came to a halt in midair and were tossed away in different directions by a telekinetic command from the Horde leader.

Hordak faced the wall and with a parting motion of his hands the rock wall ripped apart opening a massive hole. Hordak walked forward through the hole and emerged outside within the volcanic region of Eternia known as the Sands of Fire. Hardened volcanic rock mountains stretched out as far as the eye could see and rivers of molten lava cascaded across the landscape.

"You hide poorly." called out Hordak as he blasted away at a rocky outcropping. "I need not to see you to know which shadows you cower in."

As the outcropping fell away Hsss leapt from its shadow and flew towards Hordak. His human form morphed apart and revealed the snake king's true form. The five serpent heads of King Hsss hissed loudly as the snake king landed on Hordak and sunk all five of his fanged mouths into the Horde master's flesh. Poison venom was unleashed into Hordak's blood stream and the snake king withdrew and resumed his human appearance. "Soon you shall feel the poison weaken you from within." laughed Hsss.

Hordak fell to his knees and took on a weary look as Hsss looked on. Then Hordak laughed and took to his feet again. "I have lived within the poison darkness of Despondos for eons. I have built up such an immunity against the ultimate poison that your venom is nothing for me to be concerned about." said Hordak. Hordak hurled himself forward and lashed a powerful punch across the face of the snake king. Hsss fell away from the Despondos lord and rolled down the mountainside towards a river of lava down below. Hsss leapt to his feet and leapt backward onto a chunk of hardened rock that floated atop the lava river. Hordak flew through the air and landed beside Hsss.

With surprising speed Hsss unleashed a furious combination of punches. Hordak blocked each blow with his gauntlet forearms. Hsss then withdrew back and grappler beams shot from his hands and wrapped around Hordak. Tugging on the grappler beams Hsss hurled Hordak into the air forcefully and the Horde leader came to rest roughly on the volcanic rock shore of the lava river.

Hsss leapt off of the floating rock platform and landed on the shore in front of Hordak. Hsss rushed towards Hordak and raised his arms in an intended downward strike aimed at Hordak's face. Hordak caught the snake king by the forearms and the two were caught in a contest of physical strength. Hsss' eyes glowed crimson and a forceful optic blast lashed from his eyes and struck Hordak forcing the Horde lord to release the snake king. Hordak flew across the battlefield and came to rest against the side of one of the numerous active volcanoes that occupied the Sands of Fire.

As Hsss dashed forward he unleashed a furious volley of serpentine energy beams that streaked towards Hordak. Hordak managed to use his telekinetic powers to bend some of the beams around to pass harmlessly by him but as Hsss increased the amount of serpent beams it was growing considerably hard for the Horde master to keep up. Then the number of beams had grown too much for Hordak as a full volley of serpentine beams crashed against Hordak's armored chest and sent him sprawling to the ground. The ground shook as the nearby volcano began to spew searing lava into the sky. The mountain fully erupted and ash and lava shot into the air in all directions. Rivers of lava poured down all sides of the volcano. Through the ash Hordak and Hsss continued to battle. The burning ash fell onto their skin and stung their eyes but the bitter enemies continued on. Hordak landed a flat palmed blow across Hsss' chin but didn't cause much facial damage. Hordak leapt backwards up onto the side of the volcano and Hsss leapt up to join him.

A river of lava poured down the mountainside and burned around the jagged boulder where Hordak and Hsss had landed. Hsss grabbed Hordak around the neck and with shear strength forced Hordak to the ground. Hsss now had the upper hand and began to push down on Hordak trying to force his head into the molten lava. "Burn." hissed the snake king. Hordak grabbed Hsss around the shoulders and began to push against the snake king. With a powerful push of strength Hordak forced Hsss off of him and the snake king was tossed through the air.

Hsss flew through the air and twisted his body around to face the oncoming cliff. He landed front first against the rocky surface and climbed up to the top and looked down towards Hordak. Hordak was still on the jagged boulder in the middle of the lava devastation. Lava continued to gush down the side of the volcano. Hordak raised a hand and shot a lighting blast. The lightning traveled across the expanse and struck the cliff at the base. Hsss maintained his footing as the cliff began to shudder.

The base then began to collapse and the entire cliff fell down towards the ground.

Hsss took a flying leap and landed against the face of a massive rock wall across a vast canyon. The molten lava began to fill the canyon as another volcano close by erupted full force. Hot magma was thrown into the air. Hsss climbed up the rock wall to the top and looked down. Hordak was gone.

“Looking for me?” asked Hordak who now sounded close by.

Hsss turned towards the voice and discovered that in all of the confusion Hordak had gotten to the top of the rock wall and now stood in front of the snake king. Hordak held up both of his hands and blasts of lightning crackled from them.

Hsss held up his own hands, with palms open, and caught the dreaded bolts. In a quick maneuver Hsss shoved the lighting blasts back at Hordak. The crackling tongues of lightning shot into Hordak and the demon convulsed as the electrical fury erupted through his every nerve endings. Hsss took this opportunity to morph from human to his true form. Serpentine beams shot from the five gaping mouths of Hsss and struck Hordak. The beams passed through the Horde leader like ghostly images and Hordak groaned as pain shot through his chest and upper body. Hordak fell to his knees. “At long last your end has come and I shall rule the world.” said Hsss.

Hordak’s eyes glowed crimson. Raising his hands he shot another lighting blast at Hsss. Hsss countered with a mass of tangled serpentine beams. Both blasts were caught in a deadly clash. Hordak managed to rise to his feet.

Hsss forced his own blast forward so much so that Hordak’s own lightning licked around his feet. “Not today, Hsss.” said Hordak. Hordak grunted and shoved his lightning blast forward at full force. The serpentine beams of Hsss grew unstable under the strain of Hordak’s lightning blast and a powerful detonation occurred. The concussive force was so powerful that Hsss was tossed over the side of the rock wall and the snake king landed in the lava filled canyon below. Hordak held out against the concussive explosion and remained standing the entire time. He clutched at his chest. Hsss had managed to wound him this time, just as He-Man had done recently. “ My enemies are growing too strong.” said Hordak to himself, “This cannot continue.” Hordak gazed down into the lava filled canyon below and saw no sign of Hsss.

Sometime later, downstream, a charred and burnt figure climbed up onto a rocky bank. It was King Hsss. The snake king tore the blackened skin from his body to reveal freshly grown skin underneath. He had lost in his struggle against Hordak but he was still alive. There would be a next time. Hsss vowed it. Hsss imagined leading his entire gathering of snake warriors and snake priests against the Horde and destroying Doom Tower. “Soon my dreams will become reality,” said Hsss to himself.

----------

Up-date coming on Friday!

~W~

All right, now that the Story has started proper, all I have to say is..

Hordak... is... mad, Wait, change that, he is very mad... and He's out for blood. Question becomes, WILL hsss have any troops left to surport him after this?Becasus unless Hordak got a little careless,the vast majority of them might ethier be captured or killed...

And, why do I get this feeling we'll be seeing Cyber Hordak before this Movie is over?*rae* I might be jumping the gun here, but, it's the same feeling I got In Viper's Vemon with reguards to Rattlor*Mystically or not* jumping ship to the horde...

Friday simply can't get here soon enough.
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

This is a good read and the art work goes so well with it

I like the differences and plot changes compared to the norm. or what we think might have happened

good stuff

Whao!! I love how this is shaping up. The battle scenes description is Awesome thew. I can't wait to see what Hordak has planned to weaken his enemies.

As for the art, glad you like it Trapper. Theres quite few peices yet to come . I'm sure you'll enjoy.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

The story continues well.

The fight between Hordak and Hsss is superb. I like the detailled description of the fighting between those two arch-enemies
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

Thanks for all the great comments, everyone!

Just to clarify: Hordak Alpha was the writer of the fight scene, so I gotta credit him on that. And ZvedaCrystal did the picture of He-Ro/Lord Gray holding the Sword of Protection in the Prelude.

JagwarKnight: Just wait and see, my friend. There are a lot of surprises in store!

~W~

Whilst I love magic and swords and stuff, didn't Hordal specialise in using technology to fight? I remember him turning his arm into a laser canon and also him changing his body into a rocket to escape with.

is this set before he finds these advances? or are we working with a purely mage like hordak?

other then that it's good.

You my friend have out done yourself with the art for the story! Those ROCK! I love the pic with the Snakemen and Extendar especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre
    Whilst I love magic and swords and stuff, didn't Hordal specialise in using technology to fight? I remember him turning his arm into a laser canon and also him changing his body into a rocket to escape with.

is this set before he finds these advances? or are we working with a purely mage like hordak?

This is the 200x version of the hordak, who's pretty much a 'uber' mage, though, as I said in my last post, Hordak may get that Techo Organic *to borrow a Term from Beast Machines* Upgrade as the story progresses.

oh yeah, was the choice to make the Prolouge's images black and white done by the preson who wrote it, or Boo's? just wondering becasus the B&W makes it more striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre

Like JagwarKnight said, this takes place in the new version of the show/comic. It also takes place after the "New Legacy Season One" fan-series (which you check by clicking the link in my sig). In the new continunity, Hordak is less dependant on technology.

Quote Originally Posted by JagwarKnight

oh yeah, was the choice to make the Prolouge's images black and white done by the preson who wrote it, or Boo's? just wondering becasus the B&W makes it more striking.
    There were a few reasons. Part of the reason is because it's basically flashback and I thought it would differentiate it from the rest of the story. This worked out pretty good since Boo was a little too busy to do colors.

Side-note: Jukka did a few colored versions of the Veena pic. I don't have them on my H/D anymore, but they're quite good.

~W~

Quote Originally Posted by thew40
    There were a few reasons. Part of the reason is because it's basically flashback and I thought it would differentiate it from the rest of the story. This worked out pretty good since Boo was a little too busy to do colors.

Side-note: Jukka did a few colored versions of the Veena pic. I don't have them on my H/D anymore, but they're quite good.

~W~
    Heh, truthfully, I like it black and white, really adds to the past feeling to it...

Dang, I need to start writing again... if anything, to add my own little part to New Legacy

Enjoying this, but what happened to the epilogue one-shot?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker
    Enjoying this, but what happened to the epilogue one-shot?
    Funny you should ask . . .

Simply enough, I lost contact with the artist. He (or she) sent me two pics. One was in black and white, which he (or she) said was going to be colored. The other one was saved all wonky and I couldn't open it. I've tried on numerous occassions to e-mail and PM him (or her), but with zero response.

Therefore, unless the artist gets back to me before we launch Season Two in January/February, the Epilogue one-shot will be cancelled and merged with our Season Two first episode.

The un-colored pic is quite spectacular. I may ask someone to color it and put it up in Season Two, episode one.

~W~

Great Story!
    Great Artwork!

Keep the Greatness flowing you guys!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Act Two: The Towers of Eternia

Princess Adora watched as her father entered into the council chamber. The other members of the Council of Eternia sized him up as he walked to his seat next to her. Three weeks ago, the Great Towers of Eternia were thought long lost, having vanished shortly after the original defeat of Serpos. But now, they were the new home of the Council of Eternia – Grayskull Tower representing the Light Hemisphere and Viper Tower representing the Dark Hemisphere.

So far, the meetings had been peaceful, mostly due to the fact that there were only two or three ambassadors from the Dark Hemisphere. Today, looking over the schedule, was going to be no different.

As soon as the doors came flying open, Adora realized that would not last.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything,” Hsss announced, entering into the council chamber.

“HSSS!” shouted Randor, on his feet, standing defensively in front of Adora.

“Seize him!” commanded Chief Carnivus, leader of the Qadians.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Do my people not have the right for representation on this Council? Are we not a kingdom?” Hsss questioned.

“He is right, King Randor,” stated King Taurius.

“Thank you. I have come alone and unarmed, as you can see. I have a proposal for the Council of Eternia.”

King Randor sat down, but kept his eyes locked on King Hsss the entire time. “Then make it.”

Hsss smiled. “The Horde has recently attacked the Snake-Men. I bested Hordak, but the battle has opened my eyes. The Horde must be defeated once and for all.”

“The Horde has been defeated, King Hsss,” Randor countered.

“A temporary set-back. With the Andreenids still captured, they have been mining the right minerals to rebuild their lost numbers. Horde Troopers and Horde Mega Troopers are being constructed as we speak,” Hsss continued, glancing at Queen Andreeno for effect.

“And you propose we what?” asked Hawk of Avion. “Attack?”

“Exactly. Only by standing united was Eternos able to fend off an attack. Once more, united as one army, can Eternia be free of Hordak’s evil.”

King Randor shook his head. “We can’t do that, Hsss. You’ve cost too many of us too much. We can not trust you.”

“In-fighting is exactly what Hordak expects us to do. All the while, he will chip away at our forces until they are exhausted from defending against him and fighting with each other.”

Randor looked to Adora. Her expression confirmed it.

“An army of that magnitude . . . I’m not sure . . .”

“It is exactly what Hordak would be afraid of,” came a high-pitched, sinister voice from the doors. Skeletor slinked in. Even Hsss was surprised to find him arriving.

“Skeletor!”

“Hordak must be defeated. Your greatest enemies are telling you this. And we are enemies to each other.”

Hsss smiled. “Skeletor speaks the truth. The time of the Horde must come to an end.”

King Randor sighed and nodded. “Let us put it to a vote. All those in favor?”

It was unanimous.

“All right. Begin coordination, then. We’ll attack in three days.”

It didn’t take long for word to reach Doom Tower of the gathering army. His attack on the Snake-Men had left him injured and compounded with the battle with He-Man weeks earlier, Hordak was not feeling as strong as he once had.

I can not afford weakness, he thought to himself. In spite of that, though, he was concerned over this new alliance. He-Man and King Hsss had both been able to bring him to his knees. Together, could they defeat him? And with Skeletor as their ally, could they end his long life?

“I must contact Horde Prime,” Hordak said quietly.

He walked over to a statue of himself and pulled the arm down, revealing a stairwell leading down into the foundations to a secret door.

He started down the steps as the passage became hidden once more and reached the door. “Forces of Darkness heed my call, open this door and secrets within all!” he chanted as the door magically opened and walked into the room it kept safe.

The room was simple - no decorations, no windows, not even a statue. Just darkness and all that was in it was a dark red orb sitting on a pedestal in the middle of the room. This was the oracle of Horde Prime. The dark warlord then fell prostrate on the ground, and with his eyes still cast the stone floor, whispered a spell.

The orb began to rise into the air and changed from dark crimson to blood red. A deep voice issued from the center of the orb: “WHO DARES TO CALL UPON ME?!”

“It is I, my liege, thy faithful servant, Hordak,” the ancient demon said respectfully while still averting his gaze from his master.

“What do you have to report? Has Eternia fallen yet?” Horde Prime asked anxiously.

“No, my lord, I had them close to defeat, but they managed to grow stronger and unite. They are on their way to Doom Tower to destroy it and rid Eternia the Horde’s presence,” Hordak informed him.

“WHAT!? HORDAK YOU FOOL! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS DEARLY!” the oracle said as its light grew brighter and lightning seethed within its spherical shape.

“Please, my lord, give me another chance, I beg of you give me another chance,” Hordak pleaded with his master. “Give me reinforcements; competent generals and I swear that I will deliver Eternia to you my lord,” he vowed to Prime, hoping his master would agree.

There was silence for a moment, which usually was bad, especially when dealing with a powerful entity like Horde Prime, who could potentially destroy entire galaxies. But Hordak was hopeful that would not be the case.

“Very well, I will give you another chance - ” the oracle began, before Hordak cut him off.

“Thank you, oh merciful lord…” Hordak replied happily.

“But not on Eternia.”

“What?” Hordak questioned.

“I will send you to Etheria. There you will aid Catra in her quest to destroy the insurrectionists who threaten her mission there. But I warn you this is your final chance. Fail me here and you lose my favor and your life!” Horde Prime warned his servant. “Do I make myself clear?”

“Perfectly, my master. I promise you won’t regret this,” Hordak replied, relieved his master has given him a chance to redeem himself.

“Good, now go and do my bidding!” the oracle decreed, before the light within was extinguished and fell back into its pedestal leaving only it’s horrific echo behind.

“Yes, thy will be done,” Hordak declared to the empty room before he rose to his feet and left to tell his forces the news given to him.

-------

This was posted a few hours early, I know, but I figured "what the heck?! Why not?"
    Up-date due on Sunday or Monday!
    Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

~W~

Absolutely brilliant, and Etherias coming involved. Do I see a spin off in the works?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Act Three: Preparations for War

Teela stood upon the balcony, her abdomen still hurting, but not nearly as bad as it had been. Three and a half weeks ago, He-Man’s doppelganger Faker sent a sword straight through it. She had survived, though only barely. In the aftermath of the confrontation, Adam dumped her. Adding to that was the fact that Faker mentioned that He-Man cared about her in a more than friendship way.

She watched as Adam spoke with Adora, their bond stronger than ever now that Adam had no one else to really turn to. Turn to me, her mind wanted to call out. Another thought immediately followed this. What am I to you now? Friend? Ex-girlfriend? Bodyguard? Captain? What?

“You should be resting,” said Orko as he floated next to her.

“You should be minding your own business,” Teela snapped.

Orko rolled his eyes. “Sorry, sorry. But Man-At-Arms told me - ”

“I’m well aware of what my father told you, Orko. I don’t need you to coddle me,” Teela responded harshly. “It’s bad enough I’ll be stuck here when the army heads to Doom Tower, but to be looked after like I’m some sort of little girl . . . just makes me sick.”

“That could be the pain-killers, ya know?”

“You’re not helping.”

“Eep. Sorry.”

Teela sighed and leaned forward, her abdomen aching as she did. Her eyes moved from the courtyard, where Adam and Adora were still chitchatting and over to the staging area. It was there that the military was preparing for the battle with the Horde.

“All the Masters are going,” Orko stated matter-of-factly.

“Except me.” She didn’t want to ask it, but she was curious. “What about Adam?”

Orko looked away from her. She didn’t know it, but he was about to lie to her. “He’ll be staying at Castle Grayskull, just in case.”

“Just in case what?”

Orko shrugged. “I dunno.”

“Huh. Okay.”

“Teela?”

The Captain of the Royal Guard turned to find Adora walking towards her. She hadn’t even noticed the conversation between Adam and Adora break up.

“Adora. What’s going on?”

“I was wondering if you could look over some duty roosters real quick.” Adora was filling in for Teela during the battle. It was something that both Teela and Randor had been uncomfortable with, despite the many advantages to the situation.

“Sure thing,” Teela answered.

“I hope they take to me,” Adora confessed. “Being a former Horde member doesn’t spark a lot of trust amongst the troops.”

“You’ll do fine, Adora. I’m sure. If they give you any trouble, just tell ‘em they’ll have to answer to me. I’m fairly ruthless with them.”

Adora smiled a little. “I’ll bare that in mind.”

The next morning, Queen Marlena, Orko, and Teela stood upon a balcony overlooking the front wall. The gate stood wide open as the Masters and the Snake-Hunters loaded up for battle. King Randor looked up from his steed to gaze upon his wife. The two mouthed ‘I love you’ to each other.

And then they were off.

The Masters of the Universe and their allies in the Snake-Hunters rode out from Eternos. Battle-Hawks sat upon the backs of ground transports. Bashing Beetles, Dragon Walkers, Spit Bulls, Sky Sleds, Battle Tanks, and Floating Discs moved quickly across the kingdom of Eternos, moving ever eastward as the hours wore on and on.

In the middle of the afternoon, the sky was suddenly filled with Avions and Andreenids. As the sun began to dwindle upon the horizon, a pair of armies ventured out from Subternia – the Caligars and the Speleans. Finally, as the first stars began to appear, the Qadians arrived from the Vine Jungle.

Together, the armies of Eternia marched towards the Dark Hemisphere. Unfortunately, the Kulataks and the Centaurians were too far away to join in the military effort.

By midnight, they arrived at the Towers of Eternia. As arranged, Skeletor and King Hsss’s forces would meet them at dawn. This gave the armies of Eternos, Avion, Andreena, Subternia, and Qadia time to rest before the long day of travel and battle the next day.

Sitting in the shadow of towers, Princess Adora found a small corner all to herself. Unable to sleep, though, she began to wander around the campsite, eyes darting back and forth from soldier to soldier.

“Can’t sleep?”

Adora turned to face her father behind her. She offered him a light smile. “Nope. Never could before battle, really. The night before we came to Eternia I . . . well . . .”

Randor offered a grin and then placed his arm around her shoulder. “I understand. I’m the same way, actually. Too on edge. During the Great Unrest, I don’t know how many hours during the night I wasted away with insomnia for the battle the next day.” He took a deep breath. “If things get too hairy tomorrow, I want you out of there.”

“Father, I’m not sure I can do that . . .”

“It’s not a request, Adora. I don’t want him to take you away from us again.” He looked away, towards the Dark Hemisphere. “I won’t let him.”

“But you’ll need me.”

Randor shrugged. “Maybe. And maybe it’s wrong of me to order you to do this. But I’m your father, Adora, and you’re my daughter. Nothing would harm me greater than to have you be recaptured by Hordak.” He took a deep breath. “You’ve grown so much since He-Man first brought you back to us. You’ve become a new, wonderful person. We . . . I . . . can’t lose you again.”

Adora nodded a little and then hugged her father. “I can’t lose you or Adam or Mother again either.”

As the other Masters slept or rested, Sy-Clone walked the halls of the Central Tower. As he did, a familiar figure walked towards him - Spinnerella, the guardian of the Towers of Eternia. It had been the first Anwat Garian he had seen since in generations. Even when he was first tasked to protect the Legacy Stones, most of his people had left the island to spread themselves out across Eternia.

“Is it still strange for you, Sy-Clone, to see another one of your brethren?”

He shook his head. “Yes . . . and no.”

She smiled just a little. “Once upon a time, we were the guardians and protectors of the just. It seems, however, as our bloodlines became more and more diluted, we lost our way.”

Sy-Clone nodded. “I agree. But I firmly believe that people like He-Man and his Masters of the Universe have risen to take our place.”

She shrugged. “I suppose so. But what does that make us, Sy-Clone? Relics? Exiles? Strangers in a strange land? My task here is over, as is yours on Anwat Gar. What shall we do now?”

Sy-Clone searched for the right words, but found that he could produce none of them. Spinnerella gazed at him for a long moment, then nodded with understanding.

“I thought as much,” she said after a long moment. “It seems we shall have no choice but to find a new purpose in our lives. There are always wars to fight and sides to be on. The choice is ours to make to decide just which side and which war we want to be a part of.”

-----------

Next: the battle begins!

Up-date might be a little late this week. Probably between Wednesday and Friday.

Also, the scene with Teela was added at the last minute, hence the not-as-good quality picture. My fiancee drew it for me and I colored with Prisma Markers. It's something I do just as a hobby and not as clean-looking as the work of some of the others that work on "New Legacy."

~W~