Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok present: The Book of Evil part 1

Iceman and Gbagok present: The Book of Evil part 1

Previously in the Adventures of the Masters of the Universe stories by Iceman and Gbagok: The Empire of Anwat Gar returned to Eternia after disappearing thousands of years ago. He-Man and the Defenders of Eternia helped the deposed young Emperor Leon reclaim his throne from the evil warlord Jitsu. Sy-Clone, at first a pawn in Jitsu’s vile plotting, was reunited with his lover Su-Nami and together they defeated the traitor Ty-Fune, their one-time ally. In the end, Jitsu was defeated and thrown into the Dark Hemisphere where he was captured by the evil Skeletor.

Several months later, He-Man and the Defenders engaged another evil force, this one plotting to control the slave city of Targa. He-Man’s will and stamina were tested by his trials. His identity stripped from him by an evil spell, he was forced to fight as a slave in Targa’s arena. Yet good was once more triumphant as He-Man regained his memory and freed the enslaved Reptons--but not before the devious Snake Men obtained the Secret Liquid of Life with which they plan to revive their fallen lord King Hsss!

After the battle, He-Man and Teela journeyed outside the city, but were horrified to see an evil magic envelop Targa. The City vanished, along with all the other Defenders, King Randor, and Queen Marlena!

And now the Story continues in...

Prologue
    30 Years Ago....
    A lone figure kneels over a small, nondescript grave. Behind him, his village lies in ruins, nothing left but burned out huts and ash. The young man kneeling over the grave cries bitter tears when he feels a strange push of energy nearby. He looks to see a portal of light opening, and though it hurts the young man's eyes, he watches as a cloaked figure steps out from the glowing doorway.

The cloaked newcomer observes the ruined village, and then regards the young man. "You are Keldor, son of Kellisto?"

The young man rises quickly, and reaches for the knife sheathed on his belt. "Who are you?" the young Keldor demands. He cannot see the stranger's face, but he holds his knife ready for any attack.

The stranger waves his hand and the knife sails from Keldor's grasp and into the smoke of the ruined village. The stranger laughs bitterly, pleased by Keldor's shocked expression. "I mean you no harm, Keldor. On the contrary, I have come a long way to find you. This meeting was preordained." He walks to the grave behind Keldor. "It was the Eternians who killed her, was it not?"

Keldor refuses to cry in front of this stranger, but his voice cracks. "Yes. Their soldiers...the Elders' soldiers did all of this. We were cooperating with their edicts, and still they persecuted us! My brothers told me to stay away today, warned me that the Eternians would ask questions if they knew I was here. It was all because of me!"

"Perhaps not. Perhaps it was only an accident. Perhaps Captain Miro simply lost control of a few soldiers who--"

"It was his own men who slew my mother! A leader who cannot control those under him is not fit to lead at all!" He crumples to the ground and weeps, the smell of Gar blood still lingers in the air around them. "They're all gone now. All gone but me."

The stranger waits, then says, "Are you finished your weeping, boy? Because I have not come all this way to coddle a child. If you want to someday take revenge for these atrocities, you had better get used to controlling your grief. Life’s a pitiless teacher, and you must start learning its lessons."

Keldor swallows his sobs and tries to appear stronger, though not because he wanted to please the stranger. He looks up to the nameless visitor with renewed interest. "What do you mean by revenge?"

"The Elders fear you because they know, as I do, that you can become powerful enough to challenge their corrupt rule of this world. You see even they are not Gods, while you have it in you to be as close to a god as any being has been or ever shall be. I can show you how to begin your journey towards acquiring that power. First you will need to learn the arts of magic that your people were forced to suppress. Then you will need to start building an arsenal. It will take time...but time is something I have on my side finally."

Keldor wants to accept the stranger's offer, but he is still suspicious. "Why....why would you help me? Who are you?"

"I am Nameless for now. Consider me...invested in your future. Yours is a destiny that interests me greatly, young one, and I mean to see it fulfilled."

He lifts his staff and holds out a curious device. A new portal opens for him.

Keldor hesitates before following the Nameless One to the portal’s edge. "What if I refuse?"

The Nameless One grunts dismissively and says, "You won't."

And with that Keldor follows the Nameless One into the Time Portal.

Chapter 1: The Siege of Avion
    Present Day…
    A Horn of Avion sounds as Hawk and her heralds arrive at the main citadel of their homeland after an exhausting race across Eternia. The Heralds of Avion bear the scars of battle and fresh burns from enemy weapons’ fire.

The Lady Delora, wife of Stratos and a leader of the Avion’s Bird People, orders her healers to examine the Heralds’ injuries. Though no less injured than her comrades, Hawk will not wait for the Healers to examine her. She endures the agony of her wounds to deliver her terrible news to Delora. “My lady, we are attacked! My brothers and I are but minutes ahead of Skeletor’s forces! You must call every warrior to our defense, for the army of the enemy marches upon our peaks with a terrible new weapon!” Delora orders her warriors to action while she helps Hawk stay on her feet. As a call to arms sounds out across the city, Delora tries to persuade Hawk to accept the Healers’ aid.

“Sister, you have fulfilled your duty well. Our defenses are warned, and we can summon our allies in Eternos--”

“No,” says Hawk urgently. “There are none...not a soul is left in Eternos, or any other city between there and Avion! That is why we have come to warn you what happened. Four cities of Eternia have vanished from the surface of the planet!” Delora’s advisors gasp in horror. “I have seen the weapon that destroyed our neighbors, Delora: a cannon powered by a giant mystic stone--like nothing I have seen before. Its fire was like a lance of pure evil! I watched as one shot obliterated Targa! There was no rubble, no debris, not even a splinter of evidence that it ever existed!”

“What kind of stone could sire such sorcery,” asks one of Delora’s advisors.

“It sounds like the Diamond Ray of Disappearance,” says another.

“Impossible,” the first one answers angrily, “Lord Stratos himself told us that He-Man and the Defenders destroyed the Diamond Ray more than a year ago!”

His tone is crass, but a crack in his voice betrays his fear. Delora remains strong when she speaks, “My husband, Stratos, must know of this villainy. Where is he, Hawk? Did he stay behind to fight Skeletor with the Defenders?”
    Last edited by gbagok; August 13, 2007 at 01:17am.

Hawk lowers her head. “My Lady, you do not know the worst of it. My brother Stratos is...he...all of the Defenders of Eternia were in Targa when it was destroyed. Even King Randor and his family were there. All are gone.” The Avionians around them freeze. As one they feel grief fall upon them like a dark cloud, followed by the dread of vulnerability. The loss of Stratos is like the forecast of doom for them. Suddenly, a lookout’s horn announces that an attack is in sight, and the new alarm mobilizes the Avionians again. Aeros, Hawk’s lover and captain of the Home Guard to Stratos and Delora, commands his warriors into formation.

He says to Hawk, “Go with the Healers, my love. These villains shall pay for their butchery. I swear to you, Stratos will be avenged!” Hawk grasps his hand desperately, as if to give him what remains of her warrior’s spirit.

As the Healers take her to their infirmary, Delora addresses the warriors. She wields the mystic Staff of Avion, a symbol of their people’s endurance and fortitude.

“Hear me, brothers and sisters of the sky! My husband’s spirit will forever be with us, even in the shadow of his fall. He led you against the Tycons! He led us to this city because he knew that we were a good people, a great people! We will not let the filth of Skeletor tarnish what Stratos has built with us!”

Aeros lets out a war cry, and the warriors join him in a chorus of fury and bravado. “We fly!” shouts Aeros, and the Warriors of Avion ascend for war.

But, Far above the Great Hall, a cybernetic spy witnesses these events unseen. Screeech, a cyborg falcon sent by Skeletor’s henchmen, records everything the Avionians say and do. Screeech has no mind but a cold purpose designed by his malevolent masters. He records the Avions’ battle preparations, sees their full numbers, and flies back to his keeper, Tri-Klops.

Outside, on the peaks near Avion’s border, Skeletor’s warriors march with their weapon, a huge canon mounted with a giant diamond that crackles with evil power. A battalion of Skeletor’s Bone Drone warriors, lifeless skeletons given menacing movement by the Lord of Destruction’s vile sorcery, surround the weapon protectively. Tri-Klops and his technician Nycroft man the Diamond cannon’s controls while Beastman’s Gryphons provide aerial support. Jitsu stands astride the cannon’s barrel, laughing with triumph as the cannon takes aim at Avion.

Screeech returns to Tri-Klops and transmits his findings. Tri-Klops shouts to Jitsu, “Their defenders have been warned. We won’t have time to charge the weapon before they attack.”

“Ha! Their swords will be like gnats upon the metal skin of my armored beast! Has my cannon not proven its invincibility to you yet, Tri-Klops?”

Through grinding teeth, Tri-Klops says, “So you keep boasting. Thus far we have had the virtue of surprise. Skeletor will not waste more time on this campaign if--”

“Idiot! Skeletor is blinded by his envy of your overrated Elders. Let him plot his conquest of Grayskull. While he wastes time with relics, this planet will learn to fear my face instead.”

“Oh really,” echoes the chilling voice of Skeletor. His own fleshless face appears magically in a ball of green fire floating above them. His eyes burn at Jitsu. “Have a care for your bragging tongue, Jitsu, or I’ll feed it to Panthor as an appetizer for the rest of you.”

Jitsu drops to his knees and asks forgiveness. “I...uh...only meant I would break the people of Eternia to prepare them for your, inevitable rule...oh great one,” he adds and through bitter, clenched teeth.

Nycroft and Tri-Klops scoff to each other, but Skeletor seems placated. “Enough! Why are you all still attacking the kingdoms of Eternia? It’s Grayskull I want. The only way to breach its magical barrier is using the Diamond Cannon.”

“We are still perfecting the Cannon’s precision, Skeletor,” says Tri-Klops. “One more test, and we should be able to remove the Jawbridge of Grayskull without affecting the rest of the castle.”

Skeletor lets out an irritated grunt. “No more delays. Finish your test, then meet the rest of us at Grayskull.” The ball of green flame dissipates, leaving them alone. Jitsu stands again and barks orders for Tri-Klops and Nycroft to finish their work on the Ray.

“How long must we endure this fool,” Nycroft growls under his breath.

“So long as Skeletor thinks he has secrets of the Ancients that might be useful,” Tri-Klops answers.

“I meant Skeletor,” Nycroft growls to himself.

Tri-Klops signals Beastman’s Gryphons and Gargoyles to counter the Avionians’ attack. The airborne armies meet in a swarm of fighters, clashing over the cloudy caverns of the Mystic Mountains. The Avionians are many, but they cannot reach the Cannon fast enough to stop it.

Aeros and two of his men dive through the barriers and tackle Jitsu, whose golden arm sends one Avion hurtling to the ground with a sickening crack. Aeros is more agile, and gets past the Anwat Gar warrior--but Tri-Klops singes his sword arm with a shot from his optic laser.

“You can’t win, Avionian worm!” says Jitsu, laughing, and leaps down at Aeros. He stands over the injured Avionian and raises his arm to crush Aeros’s skull with one blow.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Alright! I've been waiting for this!
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Suddenly a guttural roar carries over the battle noises around them. Jitsu doesn’t have time to turn before Battle Cat leaps into view and swats him to the ground with one swipe of his massive paw.

He-Man, the mightiest man in the universe, and his ally Teela leap down from Battle Cat’s saddle. He-man wields his battle-axe and Sword of Power, and a look of fury on his face.

“This ends now! Skeletor will not harm another city of Eternia while I live!”

Another of Tri-Klops’s optic blasts slices through the air, this time at He-Man, but the hero deflects it with his ax blade. Tri-Klops scowls. “If that is how you want it, then we are glad to relieve you of your meddling life, He-Man!” He leaps down and strikes with his own sword--and metal clangs against metal.

Jitsu charges at He-Man, thinking to overwhelm him with two opponents, but he finds himself forced back when Teela dives into him, having catapulted herself with her snake staff. Jitsu regains his orientation, and upon seeing Teela, he smirks. “A girl? A mere girl!? This delicate little flower is all that Eternia sends to fight me? I was a general of Anwat Gar! I commanded millions of warriors before even your worthless ancestors were born!” Teela scoffs, as if unimpressed by a child’s boasting, and then plants her staff into the ground and swings herself into Jitsu--kicking him off his feet. He tries to regain his balance, but she is faster than he expects and out maneuvers his attacks.

“How’s this delicate little flower now, lefty,” she says disdainfully.

“Better than I expected,” Jitsu admits through clenched teeth. “But I have seen better.” Jitsu smiles, and suddenly two women appear at his side--each wearing blindfolds and carrying green blades. “I think two is better than one,” he answers. Yin and Yang, Jitsu’s personal assassins, attack Teela as one, moving with more agility than Jitsu could manage.

Around them the battle intensifies. The Avionians cannot break through Beastman’s defense of Gryphons and Gargoyles, and Battle Cat struggles against the hordes of skeleton warriors as they try to engulf him in their lifeless mass. Meanwhile Galen Nycroft operates the Cannon’s control panel, his hand hovering over the firing mechanism as the power cells complete their recharge. Aeros, recovered from Jitsu’s blow, charges at Nycroft, but Screeech intercept him, tearing at the Avionian with metal claws.

He-Man disarms Tri-Klops and punches him out cold before he can fire an optic blast. He raises his ax and aims to throw it into the cannon’s power source, but Jitsu strikes him from behind and sends him to the ground. Before He-Man can rise up again, the Cannon’s power cells reach their maximum capacity, and Nycroft fires.

“No!” Aeros cries, and shoving Screeech aside, he throws himself into the path of the blast. Aeros vanishes instantly, but the beam does not stop with him. It bolts through the sky, and stabs into the mount of the Avionian Citadel. A burst of light swells outward from the central structure and consumes all of Avion’s spires.

A short time later, the light fades but nothing of Avion remains. The remaining Avionians, Teela and Battle Cat all stare in disbelief at the open sky where Avion had once been. He-Man’s eyes burn with tears as he remembers the fate of Targa--of Man-At-Arms and his parents. Another strike from Jitsu forces his face into the dirt.

Jitsu laughs. “You are not familiar with failure, are you, Champion? It honors me to introduce it to you!” He-Man gnashes his teeth and rises up. He catches Jitsu’s metal hand in mid-swing and crushes it. Jitsu gasps in pain and crumples to the ground. He-Man lunges at the Cannon and throws a mighty fist into its side. Nycroft and Screeech leap away as the Cannon crackles and burns. Jitsu, determined to be the victor, aims his bent and jagged metal hand at He-Man. Teela gets clear of Yin and Yang long enough to see the sneak attack and yells a warning to He-Man. Without thinking, He-Man instinctively leaps up out of Jitsu’s path--causing Jitsu’s mangled gantlet to stab into the cannon’s power cables. Energy erupts around him, and an explosion throws him across the cliff.

“Master!” shout Yin and Yang in unison. They rush to his aid and help him to his feet. His metal forearm is a charred stump, and his eyes are singed shut.

“Retreat,” yells Tri-Klops, having recovered and fled to one of the Gryphons with Nycroft. Yin and Yang follow with their injured master. To He-Man, Tri-Klops cries, “You may have stopped our weapon, He-Man, but your Eternian allies are spent! Let us see how long you can fend off Skeletor’s conquest of this planet with only your cat and your woman!” He blows a kiss to Teela and flies off with the others.

He-Man and Teela look around at the bodies of the fallen Avionians and begin to help those who are still alive. When the dust of battle clears, the remaining able-bodied Avionians are fewer than a regiment. He-Man consults the holosphere communicator he had left in Battle Cat’s saddle. The images of Fisto, Mekaneck, and Roboto appear, for these are the only three Defenders who were fortunate enough to not be in Targa at the moment of its attack. Beside them on the holosphere, standing just far enough apart to show that they are in a different location, is the remaining Council of Eternia: King Taurius of Mintar, Lords Dactys and Ceratus of Sub-Eternia, Emperor Leon of Anwat Gar, and Chancellor Gryphnar of the Manotaurs. “Where is Chief Yettian of Stilla,” He-Man asks of the Kulatak elder.

“Regrettably, the Kulataks have withdrawn from the Council for the time being,” says King Taurius, acting chairman of the alliance.

“I am sorry,” say He-Man. “I destroyed the cannon, but not in time to save Avion. With so few of us left, I cannot recommend that you come out of hiding.”

“Our confidence in you has not improved, He-Man,” says Gryphnar bitterly. “If Skeletor has another weapon--”

“I am sure he does not,” says He-Man, knowing that the Sorceress has already sensed the magic involved with creating the Cannon’s power source. There was not enough to make a second cannon--but he cannot share the Sorceress’s sight with the Eternians, nor can he overcome his own doubts that this new threat is ended. “I ask that you give me more time.”

Gryphnar objects disrespectfully, causing Lord Dactys to interrupt, “He-Man has saved all of us from an immediate threat--as he has done countless times before. He has earned our patience and support, which I will pledge immediately.”

“I agree,” says the young Emperor Leon, whom He-Man helped recover his kingdom from Jitsu almost a year ago. “The magic that has cursed the cities of our allies may be known to my Ancestors. Perhaps my people can help him learn more about this ancient evil.” The others agree with Leon’s suggestion--though Gryphnar continues to express doubts.

The decision made, the Council’s images disappear. He-Man asks the other Defenders to report from their station around Castle Grayskull. They say they fought Skeletor’s forces there, but that once the cannon had been destroyed, the attackers there retreated as well. He thanks them for their diligence and asks them to remain at guard at Grayskull until further notice. Teela, who has heard most of the previous conversation, approaches He-Man. “Gryphnar is wrong, He-Man. It wasn’t your fault that this happened.”

“I know, Teela. I know,” he lies. He knows that although Teela is a smart and wise warrior, she is also blinded by loyalty. In his heart he knows that just as the thanks for saving Avion would have gone to him, so does the fault for failing to protect it.

As he surveys the battle site one last time, he reaches out to the Sorceress with his mind. “Where do I even begin, Sorceress?,” he asks telepathically, “Should I too be at the Castle in case Skeletor attacks? Is there no more hope for the missing cities?”

The Sorceress is thoughtful and calm with her reply, as gentle as if she were He-Man’s own mother. “Young Leon is right to advise you to go to Anwat Gar. This magic is not unlike that which enchanted their island for so many years--if anyone might know its origin, it would be them. But take care, He-Man. I sense a very dark power stirring for the first time since ages past...something very old and very evil. I fear, when Anwat Gar returned, it did not come alone!”

What is this mystic evil that has caused so much havoc on Eternia? What answers will He-Man find when he returns yet again to ancient Anwat Gar? The answers to these questions and more in the next exciting chapter of this mega-sized adventure--Chapter Two: The Council of Seasons!

well, you got me hooked already!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is a doorway to another"
    ------

Oh, WOW!

This is fantastic.

More, please!

I really like He-Man's updated Battle Armor look. I love the use of the movie cape. Its great how BattleCat's "Battle Armor" features the 80s-style facemask...totally awesome.

Any chance of making a wallpaper out of the He-Man on BattleCat pic?
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

A big fan of Slush Head
    Damn!! This is awesome!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Movie mayhem!
    WOw very cool guys! Can't wait to read more of this.

Simply beautiful art along with a very captivating story! I love it!

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Cool work guys, that is a great Battle Armor He-Man.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I love how you gave Battle cat his classic mask back with extra details. Extra points for that.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Thats Frick'n Awesome! Youse guys is too much, too much man!
    This is for the Hardcore fans on these boards.
    Waz fo' lunsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I love how you gave Battle cat his classic mask back with extra details. Extra points for that.
    Yeah!...I liked that a lot, too...

Excellent work, guys!...Really like the way this feels...really seems like something that could have and should have been...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Thanks guys!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

And it begins...

I can easily say this was worth the wait. Beautiful story telling & ofcourse, as usual Brilliant art. I love the Battel cat design...You should be in charge f designing a new series if yit ever gets made gbagok & Ice.

I also love the snazzy effects of the council members on the communicators. It's executed really well. Can't wait for the next part.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

The art is awesome and the script so far is great. I realy cant wait to see the second part of the story.
    ps: i also liked the new designs u have done to he-man, his battle axe looks very cool and the new jitsu looks very cool too.

Really enjoyed that. I look forward to seeing more.

How often can we expect the chapters to be released?

As awesome as I knew it would be.

Love the new/old Battlecat design!

Can't wait...

Well done Iceman and Gbagok! more more more
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Thanks guys, it means everything to know you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Cat View Post
    How often can we expect the chapters to be released?
    Once a day for part one. There are six chapters in part one, plus the prologue, so it'll be done by the end of this week. Part two is still in progress so it will probably begin in October. It's longer though, so it'll be more spread out.

Haven't read it yet... just got up... but I know what I'm doing this morning!!!

Thanks G and oIo!

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    oIo!
    LOL at that! ^
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar