Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok present: The Book of Evil part 1

man I gotta wait till I get home my job blocks certrain imagehost

Not bad....not bad at all. I give kudos for Battle Cat's new old mask as well. It looks awesome on the MYP cat.

You guys should consider trying to make it a comic book style maybe. More artwork to make and time consuming, I understand, but it'd be awesome as you could put expressions and emotions on their faces since you'd have more pictures.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

The Cannon

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This is great man... I am gonna make this in an e-book, for my own use. If that's ok with you guys.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Loves Species 8472 <3 o0angeredsoul0o's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Best. He-Man. Armor. Ever.
    "It has been proven! Jess is clincally insane. But she aint havin no therapy!!"

Interesting story (I am wondering how the Keldor/Randor/brothers thing is going to work in this story) and fantastic pics (especially the sceneries). I am not a huge fan of using present tense in a story like this, but I can overlook this detail

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Dudes, I'm already loving this. Can't believe you've blinded Jitsu though...but loving the 4H redesign.

Just a quick coupel of questions.

1) Have the Manotaurs appeared in your fan fics before, or the series as I don't remember them.

2) Is Nycroft's future Modulok? His name is familiar.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Yep this was definitely worth the wait - and yet already, I can't wait for the next installment! This is just great stuff guys. The designs for the Avions are all top notch and unique, the battle armor He-man looks spectacular (especially on Battle Cat). And gbagok's illustration and technical skills are off the charts. The locations and background are as rich and detailed as ever. I particularly like the image of Screeech as it captures the essence of the character well, very dynamic.

Can't wait to see what happens with Keldor.

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Just a quick coupel of questions.

1) Have the Manotaurs appeared in your fan fics before, or the series as I don't remember them.

2) Is Nycroft's future Modulok? His name is familiar.
    1, Gryphnar of the Manotaurs was seen in the cartoon, but he did not have a name and his race was not identified as the Manotaurs. But he was a centaur/gryphon like creature who was a part of Randor's Council of Eternia in "Walking with Dragons." I decided to dub them Manotaurs after the classic MOTU prototypes.

2, Galen Nycroft became Modulok in the Filmation series.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Man View Post
    The locations and background are as rich and detailed as ever.
    I must confess, a lot of the backgrounds are cobbled together in Photoshop out of screenshots from the series and are not original. The Mystic Mountains shots for example (with the exception of the first Avion shot) are all from episodes. It's a crutch I had to use this time. Some backgrounds are new though, as you'll see when we get to places we haven't been to before.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR, guys! I just about wet myself when I saw this! I sat here doing the voices for the characters and pretending it was a new cartoon episide. :3 I'm such a geek, but I freakin' love it. ^_^
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Just joining the cheering section, here, but fantastic first chapter and excellent artwork (just as I would have hoped for and more), thanks so much guys for your time and devotion to making something so cool for us to enjoy!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR, guys! I just about wet myself when I saw this! I sat here doing the voices for the characters and pretending it was a new cartoon episide. :3 I'm such a geek, but I freakin' love it. ^_^
    LOL I do the same. It's always fun that way, even while writing the comics at times. I can't wait for the next part. Awesome stuff.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I must confess, a lot of the backgrounds are cobbled together in Photoshop out of screenshots from the series and are not original. The Mystic Mountains shots for example (with the exception of the first Avion shot) are all from episodes. It's a crutch I had to use this time. Some backgrounds are new though, as you'll see when we get to places we haven't been to before.
    Heh, tell me about it! Im especially bad at that but mostly it's an amalgam of original art and a toon background
    Though there are pieces that are completely our art.
    Mind you... I kinda like it at times cos it almost looks like an actual screenshot!

Oh and points to those who can tell the difference between mine and gbagok's pieces!
    Last edited by oICEMANo; August 14, 2007 at 03:39am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Chapter Two: The Council of Seasons

A lone Windraider lands on the landing platform of the Imperial Palace of Greater Anwat Gar. He-Man and Teela have arrived from Eternos, their moods grim because of the recent tragic events on the mainland. The sorceress Ageisha, ally of the Heroic Warriors of Eternia, greets them, as does Su-Nami, wife of Sy-Klone. “Welcome friends,” says Ageisha with clear sympathy. “When we heard about Targa’s destruction, we feared the worst. Our scouts have only just confirmed that Avion, Andreenos, and Eternos itself have all vanished as well. I have even heard that the entire Eternian royal family was inside Targa when it vanished, along with Man-At-Arms and most of the Eternia’s defenders?”

He-Man and Teela confirm the terrible news and express their condolences to Su-Nami as Sy-Klone had been in Targa with the others. He-Man hides his own personal grief. With everyone believing that Adam had been inside Targa when it vanished, he has been trapped as He-Man ever since. “The time may come for you to rise up as King,” the Sorceress had first warned, but He-Man remains unwilling to consider that possibility.

He says to Ageisha, “I suspect these cities are not being destroyed. There was magic involved. I watched Targa and Avion disappear whole--there were neither ruins nor debris. Could this have been like the spell that caused Anwat Gar to disappear so long ago? Jitsu was leading the attacking force--is it possible he shared some ancient spell with Skeletor?”

“I regret that I cannot enlighten you as to the source of this power,” Ageisha says calmly. “To duplicate ancient magic would be no small task, and I do not believe Jitsu possessed the wit to remember such complex magic. However, if there is a connection, only the Council of Seasons would know it.” She leads them to one of the palace temples, to a chamber where a small gong awaits them. She strikes the gong and summons the spirits of Anwat Gar’s greatest Ancestors. He-Man and Teela share with them the story of Targa’s disappearance, and the magic they witnessed. Father Time, the leader of the Council, is thoughtful. “The powers you describe are not unknown to us. It is similar to the Spell of Shrouding--a spell that harkens back to our earliest traditions. But ours was a spell of protection, not aggression. The being who casts these spells must have knowledge of a far older source of power, that they could corrupt our craft into such a hostile power.”

“At one time the Spell of Shrouding was concentrated into a talisman that was left behind when Anwat Gar first vanished. It was called the Diamond Ray of Disappearance. Perhaps if you destroy it--”

“Unfortunately I already did,” says He-Man. “But that was long before these attacks began. It cannot be the source of this new magic.” Ageisha lowers her eyes with surrender.

“Indeed,” remarks Father Time. “Then there is only one other link to the stolen energies. The traitor Ty-Fune.”

The Council converses, uncertain of how to proceed. Then Su-Nami speaks, “Ancestors...I knew the man who was once Ty-Fune. Perhaps I can learn the truth from him.” The Council is skeptical, but they agree with Su-Nami’s suggestion. A light appears before them, and soon they are replaced by the dark figure of Ty-Fune. He stands surrounded by a cell of magic, unmoving like a statue--a prisoner of time itself. He-Man asks Su-Nami what is happening.

She explains, “It was in our beginning, He-Man, when we were young and this world new to us. You see, we of Anwat Gar were strangers on Eternia then. Our founders had witnessed the end of Eternia’s Golden Age, and the Champion Across the Sea died while banishing the Corruptor.”

“Do you mean King Grayskull’s battle with Hordak,” asks He-Man. Teela is confused by these names, but Su-Nami does not stop to explain them to her. She describes how one of the Ancestors, a sorcerer named Hexon, had been turned to evil by the Corruptor, along with many of their greatest magicians. After the Battle of Grayskull, Hexon and the surviving wizards formed an alliance and turned on Anwat Gar. The Ancestors’ defenders, the Warriors of the Wind, were likewise corrupted and turned against their homeland.

“We three were created in the place of those who were lost. But Hexon turned Ty-Fune against us as well,” Su-Nami explains. “We didn’t realize it until well after Hexon’s threat had passed--when he fed Jitsu’s ambitions and helped him rest the Empery from Leon.”

Ty-Fune laughs, the first sign of life in his metallized body. “You’re leaving out the best part, Su-Nami. Tell these warriors how you, an acolyte to the Ancestors, and my brother in arms Dash-El fell into your forbidden love. Tell them how it was as punishment for helping you hide that love that I was sentenced to this existence as a cybernetic defender with you both!” Ty-Fune’s voice becomes cold and hate-filled. “Tell them how I was forced to watch you both rediscover your love while I had to live alone...immortal in this shell!”

“You did not feel so much hate at the time,” Su-Nami reminds him. “He was our friend, He-Man. Hexon used the tricks of the Corruptor to warp his mind, to turn him against us. Even though Hexon’s uprising failed, Ty-Fune remained his pawn.” She stands close to Ty-Fune. “Please, my friend. Tell us...did you give this magic to Jitsu? Did Hexon’s lies make you so hateful that you would punish innocents born hundreds of years after our mistakes?”

Ty-Fune’s hate starts to fade. “I...do not remember, Sora,” he says, calling her by her name as an acolyte. “There was a creature...Hexon’s emissary...he told me what to do...” Ty-Fune turns away, as if remembering his rage. “Leave me. I will tell you no more!” And then Ty-Fune vanishes again, returned to limbo by the Ancestors.

“He will be redeemed, or he will be lost forever,” says Father Time. “As Anwat Gar lived only an instant while Eternia aged, so does Ty-Fune live in an eternal state until his heart softens. It has been long since we felt the sting of Corruption within one of our warriors.”

“What about this Hexon? Is he dead?” Teela asks.

Ageisha answers, “After his campaign failed, Hexon retreated into the mountains. He was never found, but for his Helm retrieved and placed in solitude.” She suggests taking them to see the Helm for themselves, but the Council disapproves.

“The Corruptor’s power is still strong with the Helm--it must not be accessed again!”

“What about the people in Targa,” Teela shouts at them. “The King and Queen of Eternos--my Father?! Do you not care about saving them or any other victims of this magic?! Or do you only risk people who are not on your island?” He-Man tries to calm her, reminding her that Sy-Klone was also in Targa, but the Council fades away, disinterested in further discussion. Teela, realizing her mistake, apologizes to the others, especially Su-Nami.

“I share your grief,” says Su-Nami, “but I dare not move against the Council now. They have protected our city for as long as any of us remembers.”

He-Man comforts Teela, and asks Ageisha, “Is there anything at all that you can tell us that might help undo this Spell of Shrouding? I won’t force you to act against your elders, but you may be our last hope.”

Ageisha is contemplative, moved by Teela’s grief and He-Man’s gentle understanding. “I will take you to the Helm,” she says, surprising Su-Nami. “The Council warns us against it, but our city would have been destroyed completely if not for your help. We owe all that we have to you now, and we should risk it for those who are in peril.” She takes them to a temple in the Sentinos Mountains of Anwat Gar. The temple of the Helm is cold and isolated, a joyless place despite its external beauty. She bids He-Man to open the massive doors. Inside, they find ancient texts and scrolls written in the language of the Ancestors.

“Here are the writings of Hexon’s followers...the Gar Ruuk. They were fanatics long ago, obsessed with the history of our people, how our skin changed color, and our magic grew tame and weaker over the centuries. These tomes were captured by our police, but there are still many in our land devoted to Hexon’s cult. You see, this is why the Council does not speak of it. They know that some of our people long for the history that Hexon wished to give them--a history of domination over all Eternia.”

“Will any of these writings undo the spell,” Teela asks.

“No. The language is old, but it has no power of its own. These scribblings are not what I have brought you here to see.” At the heart of the temple rests an altar upon which rests an old, dust-coated helmet. “Behold the Helm of Hexon. This was the source of much of his power.”

The Helm--though empty--seems as though it has eyes watching He-Man and Teela as they look upon it. “If this was the source of his power, could it have been used to cause the cities to disappear,” Teela asks.

“I doubt it would still be here if that were the case,” says He-Man regretfully. “But perhaps if the Sorceress studies this Helm, she can derive a counterspell.”

Ageisha warns, “Be weary of its corruptive powers, He-Man. It can--” she stops, alerted to a dark shadow moving out of the darkness. “Look out!”

The shadow moves with lightening speed. A blade sings in the air, and He-Man just narrowly misses it, raising his own sword to protect the others just in time. The shadow moves into the light, its blade scraping along He-Man’s. “Ninjor!” Teela gasps, but before she can run to He-Man’s aid, Ninjor kicks her in the stomach, hurtling her against a wall.

He-Man tries to stop Ninjor, but the demon warrior is too fast for him, leaping out of his reach like a firefly dodging a clumsy child. “He’s playing with you,” Ageisha warns, “He’s been summoned by stronger magic than when last you fought him!” Su-Nami aims her wind blades at the demon and pushes him off balance, but he throws a death star at her, slipping her breastplate and damaging some of her circuitry. He-Man takes advantage of Ninjor’s brief distraction to attack--but Ninjor refocuses on him too fast to give him an advantage. Their swords meet, and though Ninjor is not a physical match for He-Man, he slides low and trips He-Man’s feet. He-Man recovers quickly, but not before Ninjor can run to the altar and grab the Helm--striking down Ageisha with the back of his fist as she tries to stop him. He-Man blocks his escape. “Give it up, Ninjor. Is the Helm worth your life?”

Ninjor’s fiery eyes narrow, and he throws another death star at one of the temple’s pillars. The star explodes unexpectedly, and the pillar begins to fall. “No, Mighty One,” Ninjor says in his fell demon voice, “is the Helm worth her life?” He-Man hesitates, and then looks on in horror as he sees the pillar falling towards Teela. He looks back to Ninjor with narrowed eyes.

“There will be a reckoning,” he promises, then rushes to stop the pillar. The temple starts to quake as He-Man catches the pillar. Su-Nami recovers from her injury and sends forceful winds up to push the pillar out of the way. He-Man and Su-Nami collect Teela and Ageisha and escape the temple as half of it collapses.

Su-Nami shakes her head at the destruction. “What now?”

He-Man re-sheaths his sword and sighs. “Whoever sent Ninjor to retrieve the Helm, either didn’t have the power to cast the Spell of Shrouding, or didn’t need the Helm to do it. Either way, this is not good. I think we’d better take what we’ve learned to the Sorceress of Grayskull...before this gets any more out of hand.”

Who sent the fiendish Ninjor? What evil plot unfolds on Eternia and what does it have to do with the Ancient sorcerer Hexon? All this and more in Chapter Three of the Book of Evil: The Helm of Hexon!

Wow guys the continue of the store is amazing, i really want for the next day to come so i can read the next part all the scenes are awesome.
    Last edited by Galvatron; August 14, 2007 at 12:10pm.

Loves Species 8472 <3 o0angeredsoul0o's Avatar
    That old guy with the loooooooooooong head scares me..
    "It has been proven! Jess is clincally insane. But she aint havin no therapy!!"

Allready the fear grows... the fear of the hole that will be left after BOE is finished

But until then...

another wow!

I don't care if you guys 'cheat' with the backgrounds, very cool I visit the forum hourly in search of the next installment. Is it tomorrow in America yet?
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Another chapter brilliantly ellaborated. You guys are the BEST!!

I remember the name Hexon, but I can't recall him from the toon.
    Last edited by 2-bad; August 14, 2007 at 11:16pm.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Sweet, guys! The plot thickens!

I was wondering if there was a closeup of the Wind Raider from the first pic in Part 2?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Seriously great stuff lads!

I actually prefer the MYP battlecat helmet but that is a very cool He-man indeed!
    And I've always loved Su-Nami!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Incredible chapter! Can't wait to learn more about Hexon... like was it he in the cloak in the prologue?
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

A big fan of Slush Head
    Excellent guys, excellent!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!