View Poll Results: What Theme Should Round 6 Have?!

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evil Horde

24 54.55%
  • Comet Warrior

11 25.00%
  • Runner up run off from the first 4 rounds

9 20.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Unicra: Round 4 of the .org Fan Created Character Development Project

Co-Creator of the NV
    i would like to see meatier legs, with hair raising past the knees, but less thick than the lower half of her legs.

I'd also like to see hair on her arms.. particularly her forearms. And maybe do something different with her fingers. Like... 2 large'ish fingers and a thumb per hand, instead of the usual 5 fingers.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sha View Post
    My world is HOT !!!
    So hereīs next try.

Wow wish I had seen this before I had done my latest drawing... thats really great sha? I really like her skirt a lot!!!! I also like how you kept the coils on her legs be incorporated the fur leggings. I don't mine her having bracers on ... just think maybe some fur should stick our around the elbow.

So anyway here is mine... i think you can at least tell an improvement as my drawings have progressed... :-/

Co-Creator of the NV
    Patreek, I like your new pic. I think a mix of some of the best points form both yours and Sha's would be excellent, especially Sha's skirt.

Once again though, I think there should be some sort of hair growth that can be seen onb the upper legs. Maybe even like.. a line of fur that goes up the out side of the legs.

Also, I definitely think her hands she different from a human's hands. Like i said, I would like her to have 2 fingers per hand *rather think ones, at least when compared to humans* and a thumb.

Thatīs just for me : What are bracers ?
    What are meatier legs ?
    http://killersha.deviantart.com/ Find all my MotU pics in the gallery !!

MOTUC want list :
    - SAUROD
    - TWISTOID / ROTAR
    - HE-SLAVE
    - CAMO KHAN
    - INDIAN FAKER

Co-Creator of the NV
    Thatīs just for me : What are bracers ?
    What are meatier legs ?
    Bracers are the things around her forearms *the armor-y things*

Meatier legs means thicker, more muscular legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Bracers are the things around her forearms *the armor-y things*

Meatier legs means thicker, more muscular legs.
    Ahh, okay ! Thanks.

MOTUC want list :
    - SAUROD
    - TWISTOID / ROTAR
    - HE-SLAVE
    - CAMO KHAN
    - INDIAN FAKER

MOTUC want list :
    - SAUROD
    - TWISTOID / ROTAR
    - HE-SLAVE
    - CAMO KHAN
    - INDIAN FAKER

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Regarding the whole "beauty v.s. beast" argument, I would make her more amazonian/statuesque. That way she's strong/powerful-looking but at the same time she's graceful/beautiful to look at. More warrior-like.

That last pic of sha's is a bit closer to what I imagined, except in my head I see her with full-on horsy legs, a longer horn and a long, flowing tail.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    As per 'pretty' female characters and ugly male characters - I've seen some pretty beautiful girls dating horrible looking guys! Especially the rough bad-boy type.

But let's not forget that She-Ra and friends did have female involvement in their creation. I remember the story on the .ORG about Stinkor's creation and exclusion from the show, in which the person being interviewed stated that the ladies working on the line showed off capes that turned into skirts, brushable doll hair, etc.

Anyway, my point is that usually (usually!) female children are more likely to buy good-looking dolls than ugly beasts like Whiplash. Remember that when we were buying MOTU figures as kids - we probably thought girls were icky! I doubt the female MOTU characters are targetted toward male youth, but perhaps instead the girls.

If the female characters were really targettered only toward male ideals, I think they'd be really hot - sure - but they'd probably also come with battle damage, faces that turn to become creepy ghoul faces, and mega-punch features.

I could be wrong.

----------

1) How powerful is she in the grand scheme of things, assuming she uses magic. Unicorns would class as old magic?

I like the idea that there is a sort of maternal figure who is the most powerful among their kind. So in that case I'd say she's powerful compared to say Orko, but nowhere near as powerful as say the Sorceress. But she'll be there eventually when/if she is the lead figure for her kind.

2)Is she the last of her kind, or are there others.

Maybe one of an undetermined amount - because her kind are very reclusive and prefer to live in peaceful seclusion?

3) Is she the leader of her race, an ambassador, or just peasent

I would say she might be the little sister of the next in line for queen. She's not promised the throne, might never happen, but it could. A princess would be preened and groomed for the position, and would probably be surrounded by guards at all times - I know this has been disproven with other warrior princess types, but for her race I kind of picture a lot of rules and guidelines.

4) What powers does she have?

Communicate with animals, definitely. Sort of an anti-Beastman. lol Force fields of protection. Stuff that isn't directly going to fry an enemy, but can be used to frustrate and subdue them.

5) Should her horn fire off like a torpedo, or act much like a wand to target her magic? Or should it be removeable and turn into a sword when removed?

No torpedo. No removing it. I do however think evil forces should really want to remove it for her, as it probably can conduct, focus, or make spells more powerful.

6) What kind of personality does she have? Is she aloof and proud or compassionate and caring?

Going with the 'sister of a princess' angle, I'd say proud and aloof but under that is a real desire to make her own way in life and do important good deeds.

7) What weapons does she have?

I like Sha's accessory set.

8) Who would be her nemesis?

Either War-Horn, my Horde Unicorn man based on BBM's suggestion - OR she could REALLY hate Beastman, who she considers a foul, brutish animal abusor.

9) What color is her hair?

Platinum blond. After a while I realized my rendition of her resembles my ex-girlfriend. Take what you will from that.

10) Is her skin furry, or human, or a combo?

Peach fuzz.

11) what color is her skin?

White or a very light pastel-ish color.

12) What hair Style do you see her having?

Braids or a - ponytail! ... A braided ponytail decorated with flowers?

13) Do we like her being a completely new race... or a split off from Uniquors race that evolved on land and now looks very different?

New race, or the original race Uniquor's split off from due to a curse/banishment. (If Iceman's cool with it.)

14) Why did her race wall themselves off from the rest of the world?

Too much pain and struggle in the outside world. Abuse of nature and abuse of animals, they tried to change other races' behavior, but it didn't work - so they decided to take their ball and go home (for lack of a better term) and Unicra realizes this wasn't the right thing to do, though she understands why they did it.

15) Why has she come out of hiding and decided her people should now join the fight?

She's always been against the idea of her people secluding themselves away. It's kind of like her race had a great potential to help all other races in the universe - but when they saw most refused their gift - they decided to take it all away. She's been a bit of a troublemaker in her royal family because of this, and the elders are constantly telling her "You cannot help those who will not help themselves." - She wants to prove them wrong and show that the people who DO want to embetter their lives can also bring up those around them. She may seem aloof and perhaps even a little stuck-up to others, but to her own kind she's a total bleeding heart optomist.
    Last edited by Doompuppet; August 29, 2007 at 01:12pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wow... Now that's what i had in mind for her. Great work

That's perfect, Sha. A beautiful balance beteween being pretty while still maintaining the things that make her different; like the muscular legs with hooves, furry arms, her horn, etc. Very impressive.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Movie mayhem!
    Wow yea thats really cool sha! :- )

I like Sha's take, but I am totally not digging the shoulder things.

I like your second to last take on her sha, i'd just add a little furry coming out the top of her arm gaurds, otherwise perfect.

I think she should be huge like those really large horses with lots of hair over their hooves and who pull along really old carriages.
    *Simply Purrrfect!*

http://ave606.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avril View Post
    I think she should be huge like those really large horses with lots of hair over their hooves and who pull along really old carriages.
    A Clydesdale?

EDIT!! I answered these BEFORE seeing any of the rest of the thread... and Sha's drawing is PERFECT, except I think she should be skinnier (like the girl in THE LAST UNICORN) and her hair should be white (with MAYBE lavender highlights

1) How powerful is she in the grand scheme of things, assuming she uses magic. Unicorns would class as old magic?

Old magic, like Granymyr? Or the Star Sisters? I think she should be POTENTIALLY really really powerful, but unaware of it...

there are others... i like the idea of her leaving her homeland and helping to fight the Horde

ambassador... there is enough royalty in the rebellion as it is...

hmm... she should be able to become invisible... Unicorns were difficult to find... in myth... so she should be too... she should also have great healing powers... and great powers of light focused out of her horn... also, perhaps, powers like Dazzler from the X-Men

5) Should her horn fire off like a torpedo, or act much like a wand to target her magic? Or should it be removeable and turn into a sword when removed?

it should not be removeable - and see above for the rest of answer

6) What kind of personality does she have? Is she aloof and proud or compassionate and caring?

aloof but compassionate... a bit of a loner though

I think she should have a whip kind of weapon with crystal bits on the end... like a cat-o-nine-tails... but kind of more like a horse's tail... but with crystal shards at the end...

Clawdeen, Grizzlor

White

combo, like Stratos.. but feminine

creamy or lavender

punk rock kind of faux-hawk with a LONG braided pony tail

13) Do we like her being a completely new race... or a split off from Uniquors race that evolved on land and now looks very different?

new race

because people were killing them for their magical horns

15) Why has she come out of hiding and decided her people should now join the fight?

because the Horde have discovered the location of their hidden home... but it is protected by mountains and inaccessible by technological approach (in other words, you can only get there if you are a magical being)
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Shrimp View Post
    A Clydesdale?
    Yes! For some reason I was thinking shetland pony >_>;; lol
    *Simply Purrrfect!*

http://ave606.deviantart.com

Co-Creator of the NV
    I think that she should be vegetarian.

I would also like to see a picture of He-Man stroking her hair and feeding her oats.

Movie mayhem!
    I agree she seems like a vegistarian to me as well.

So I'm going to give this till Friday just in case anyone hasn't had time to answer the survey's or toss out pics. This is a much earlier close but things have slowed down here but I think we've pretty much gotten her sorted out. It actually is good news that it got so much interest and so much could be developed so quickly. I concider this a great round.

ANyway

SO YOU HAVE 5 day! :-) Lets hear your final ideas.

O:

O:I would like her to be the last one.

O:She was the leader's daughter untill he was exterminated with the rest of the race.

O:Fighting skills and healing powers as well as powerfull white magic.

O:act much like a wand to target her magic That's were she concentrates her energy and magic, its her center.

O:Tough at first cuz what she had lived, but compassionate and caring once she gets stronger. A consultant for the rebelion kinda Queen Angela.

O:Sword and shield.

O:

O:White with silver stripes.

O:I would say combo.

O:Light brown.

O:A kinda pont tail.

O:New Character, her race was killed.

O:They were magical beings, but they were killed on a war with Hordians.

O:She has grown now and she is angry with the horde becase of what they did to her family and race. She wants to face the one that almost killed her.

16) Any other bio info?
    O:She would want revenge at first, but then she will learn that will not help her to feel better, so she decides to join the rebelion and help them using her great magical powers against the horde.

Light Hope ask her if she would like to become human so she wont be in danger for being an unicorn thing race and she has her doubts about it, but at the end she decides to stay unicorn!
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    OK, here's my version. It's still very rough & I will be making changes on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    By the allspark she looks great!!! and by the way how goes the progress of the pic i requested from u buddy
    I'm a huge fan of this version too! 2-bad always has his own unique (ha ha ha, get it, UNI, ha ha, haa haaa, bah) flair. I love his choices for physical traits and weapons. I would rather see this character slender than bulky.

I can already see this small, yet surprisingly strong warrior women, whipping around her lashing weapons, snapping and kicking like a wild horse!

I'd like to see her color palette soft and pastel, with whites and pinks to show her more gentle, and mysterious side. Sure horses come in all shades of brown, but he is not a horse!

my version of Unicra

That is very interesting -=GhosT=- an anthro horse-body as the base for a centaur... kind of a man-horse-man thing.

Movie mayhem!
    Dude thats awesome! lol