Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition MOTU Alex Ross prints from SideShow Art Prints

Limited Edition MOTU Alex Ross prints from SideShow Art Prints

UPDATE April 20, 2018:

Alex Ross Masters of the Universe fine art lithograph from Sideshow Art Prints

"The Masters of the Universe Fine Art Lithograph by Alex Ross is a must-have for fans of He-Man, Skeletor, and all of Eternia! Limited to 100 pieces world wide, this hand-signed lithograph will launch for Pre-Order with the framed version on Friday, April 27, 2018 between 9AM – 11AM (Pacific Time). Should any pieces remain they will be available for Pre-Order unframed beginning on Monday, April 30, 2018 between Noon – 3PM (Pacific Time)."

------------------------
    Sideshow Art Prints has given He-Man.Org a first-look at their upcoming amazing Alex Ross MOTU prints!
    From Sideshow:

"Unveiling the amazing He-Man and Skeletor Lithograph Set by Alex Ross! Strictly limited to only 125 pieces, these epic prints offer a stunning interpretation of The Masters of the Universe by one of the titans of the comic book industry!

These prints go up for pre-order (unframed only) on Friday September 15th between 12pm-3pm PT. Each of these 16"x20" high quality lithographs is hand signed by Alex Ross.

We are also running a contest! – enter for the chance to win a set of extremely rare, hand-signed Artist's Proofs! These proofs are exceptionally rare, and this is the ONLY way to get Alex Ross Artist's Proofs of these prints at this time.

The contest runs from Wednesday 6th – Thursday 14th September. Entering the contest will also automatically send you RSVP details for the limited edition prints upon release."

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Any idea of the cost? That Skeletor is awesome!

The Skeletor did catch my eye first. First thing I thought was "Supernaturals" and that old themesong "Visionaries, Knights of the magical light!" Pretty. I do not l like how plastic and orange He-Man looks, but it is a wonderful likeness, even if I dislike the vascularity of him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Any idea of the cost? That Skeletor is awesome!
    I agree about Skeletor and ask again: Any idea about the price?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

I'd assume they are in line with the other art prints they sell, whatever those go for on their store.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

The Alex Ross prints are more expensive than the standard Sideshow prints. I bought his JLA print from Sideshow which was 24" x 18" and cost $150 unframed. This set is a little bit smaller at 16" x 20" but having two prints I would expect this to sell for around $250. Hopefully it's cheaper than that.

Good to know! Thank you for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The Alex Ross prints are more expensive than the standard Sideshow prints. I bought his JLA print from Sideshow which was 24" x 18" and cost $150 unframed. This set is a little bit smaller at 16" x 20" but having two prints I would expect this to sell for around $250. Hopefully it's cheaper than that.
    With any luck, I'll win that contest and not need to pay!

Heroic Warrior
    New Alex Ross Print from sideshow - I like this one a lot, much more classic - limited to 100 pieces

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...rt-lithograph/

Nice! he painted up the sketch he did for MVCreations over ten years ago.

Glad to see that finally realized (but now vintage instead of 200x like it was in the original sketch). it looks amazing!

I always love alex ross work, kingdom come, justice and the big size book he did on DCs top heroes is always on the top of my comicbook collection. And that lithograph is up there with his most awesome work.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; April 20, 2018 at 10:28am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Wow, that's a beautiful piece! Really brings the vintage look to life!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

One of my favourite artists taking on MOTU? Yeah, I need to buy that.

WOW!! Vintage goodness!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Yeah, I'd pay like $ 20 dollars for these. Maybe 30 or 40 if framed.

My guess is they are in the hundreds of dollars. Always been a huge turnoff for art prints. THey are after all basically just posters. Artificially making them rare does not make them worth more in my eyes. It's a cheat.

Anyway they are nice, particularly this Alex Ross group shot. Pretty cool, but not that cool.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Love this!!!!!

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    I love this print although it does bother me slightly that Clawful is fighting Spikor..

EDEE3305-C919-4C26-802F-C7095EA2516C.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Mendoc View Post
    I love this print although it does bother me slightly that Clawful is fighting Spikor..
    I know it sort of looks like that at first glance, but if you look closely, you'll see they are both turning to face the heroes. They just happen to be turning in a way that looks like they are facing each other.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Man I wish I could afford that. The art is so darn close to what MotU is in my mind.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I know it sort of looks like that at first glance, but if you look closely, you'll see they are both turning to face the heroes. They just happen to be turning in a way that looks like they are facing each other.
    I think Sideshow have it wrong then. On the photo I attached they list all the characters on the print and have ‘Clawful v Spikor’. Either way it’s still fantastic and I’d love to have one 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Mendoc View Post
    I think Sideshow have it wrong then. On the photo I attached they list all the characters on the print and have ‘Clawful v Spikor’. Either way it’s still fantastic and I’d love to have one ����
    I also see in the photo you posted that it lists Whiplash as "Lizard Man".....is that a misprint, or did Mattel lose the rights to the name Whiplash? If they did, and start calling Whiplash Lizard Man, then what does Lizard Man get called? Lizard Man II? Then what about the reddish-brown version of Lizard Man that is referred to as Lizard Man II? Does he go to Lizard Man III?
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I also see in the photo you posted that it lists Whiplash as "Lizard Man".....is that a misprint, or did Mattel lose the rights to the name Whiplash? If they did, and start calling Whiplash Lizard Man, then what does Lizard Man get called? Lizard Man II? Then what about the reddish-brown version of Lizard Man that is referred to as Lizard Man II? Does he go to Lizard Man III?
    I didn’t notice that! This is all on the certificate of authenticity that comes with it. Still, I’d still like it on my wall but may wait and see if any available as their cheaper unframed versions.

Yikes, the price is $345 for the framed print . I imagine this will not be selling out very quickly and will be offered as an unframed option, hopefully for much cheaper. I have never understood why picture frames can be so expensive.

Holly cow, it's $345!! That's before tax too.

Man, this is like the best MOTU art I have seen so it bums me out it's too expensive. I was prepared for about $175 but not $345. Given Mondo and Mad Duck prints being under $100, this is just a bit too steep for me.

If anybody does buy it, do please let us know.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Holly cow, it's $345!! That's before tax too.

Man, this is like the best MOTU art I have seen so it bums me out it's too expensive. I was prepared for about $175 but not $345. Given Mondo and Mad Duck prints being under $100, this is just a bit too steep for me.

If anybody does buy it, do please let us know.
    It's up, and I ordered one.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)