Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

He-Man statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

Unboxing video!

-------------------------

Update 2: Win a FREE He-Man statue from Sideshow! Enter before March 24th. Click here for more info.

--------------------------

Update: He-Man statue preorder is live! Click here

---------------------------

More info and pics up!
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/intr...f-the-universe

The Exclusive and regular editions of the He-Man Statue will be priced at $399.99, with optional payment plans available. Pre-orders begin this Thursday, September 24th!

Sideshow Exclusive Edition

As a special nod to the earliest versions of the story, the Sideshow Exclusive edition will also included a swap-out axe (shown below), He-Man’s primary weapon before he acquired the two halves of the Power Sword.

Many more pics on the link!
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    AWESOME!!!!

BATTLE AXE! BATTLE AXE! BATTLE AXE! Finally a He-Man that wields his Axe!

This statue will cost me quite a bit (399$ ouch!), but really i will do what i can to have it. Can ignore how perfect it is!

Thank you very much JonWes for the link and the photos.

Last edited by granamyr80; September 22, 2015 at 08:32pm.

Nice. No furry underwear.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

not my cup of tea.

I see too much re-design and design borrowed from 300 or even Castlevania. The blood red cross reminds me of a vampire slayer.
    Doenīt even come close to

I didn't originally intend to get this, but I think I might bite now. I like how it looks without the cape. With the cape, it just doesn't feel like He-Man to me.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Trust both this one and the PCS Evil-Lyn statue to come out the same time.

I'm leaning towards getting He-Man more. He looks phenomenal.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

$400--- Yeah, I think I'll be passing on this I would love a figure line based on these designs though The price on these are too high, and I really do not have anywhere to put a 2 foot tall statue

Quote Originally Posted by dualban View Post
    not my cup of tea.

I see too much re-design and design borrowed from 300 or even Castlevania. The blood red cross reminds me of a vampire slayer.
    Doenīt even come close to
    To me, this statue is the perfect blend of Movie He-Man and 200x. The PCS statues are nice and all, but that He-Man belongs in cartoons, not a $$$ statue.

- - - Updated - - -

The cape channels Dolph imo.

Ok, so I'm really digging the concept here. I love the outfit and the weapons. Totally cool. $400 price tag= Not cool.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am definitely picking this up - price be damned! What a spectacular piece!

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    I just wish they would announce the time it goes on sale so I don't have to waste an entire day refreshing a web page. My boss won't like that :-)

Got mine :-)

Who thinks the exclusive version will last the day?

I placed my order!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post

I sort of expect it to last a bit. The Edition size is still TBD. That being said, I'll probably get my order in shortly. The nice thing is, with Flexpay, the payments don't even start until April next year. It's going to be a long wait for this sucker, though! I hope Skeletor isn't too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I sort of expect it to last a bit. The Edition size is still TBD. That being said, I'll probably get my order in shortly. The nice thing is, with Flexpay, the payments don't even start until April next year. It's going to be a long wait for this sucker, though! I hope Skeletor isn't too far behind.
    That is a very nice option! I just placed my order for the statue, definitely appreciate being able to break up the payments like that.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Just ordered mine! Was happy to see that I only have to pay $40 for now and it doesn't ship until Oct-Dec 2016... I can set aside some cash for the next year.

Yeah, Flexpay is the way I can get most of these things, although when you have enough built up it's still expensive! I went ahead and ordered him. I had $60 is Rewards Points, so he'll end u being about $40/month. But it doesn't start until April and I don't have much I'm paying for then, yet, so that works out well.

Well I placed an order for the standard one through a distributor.

The exclusive axe looks good but it really does nothing for me. I can't see myself ever using it over the power sword. I figured I might as well just pick up the standard version and save a few bucks. Not having to make a deposit and an easy cancel system also helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post

It'll last weeks.

This isn't the old Sideshow where they had set ES for the exclusives and they sold out quickly. Nowadays, Sideshow just announces the exclusive and takes orders for awhile and then set the ES accordingly.

ok, so I gotta admit... I'm a sideshow noob! I chose the "one lump sum" option, and it tells me with shipping that'll be $438.73 (yeesh!), BUT also says amount due now is just $40.
    WHEN will I be charged the remaining $398.73? only all at once when it ships next Christmas? I actually chose the all-at-once option THINKING I'd simply be paying it all now (and hoping there'd be some bonus savings for doing so) just like PCS offers. but, seems "no dice" on either. anyone with experience with them know what to tell me to expect? (how much gets charged to my account right now, and when does the rest get charged?) also, are there never any pre-order bonus cost-savings? and, I tried a couple different promo codes to save a bit, but none would work... is it just that coupons don't work for preorders?? help an ignorant fellow fan out, here!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    ok, so I gotta admit... I'm a sideshow noob! I chose the "one lump sum" option, and it tells me with shipping that'll be $438.73 (yeesh!), BUT also says amount due now is just $40.
    WHEN will I be charged the remaining $398.73? only all at once when it ships next Christmas? I actually chose the all-at-once option THINKING I'd simply be paying it all now (and hoping there'd be some bonus savings for doing so) just like PCS offers. but, seems "no dice" on either. anyone with experience with them know what to tell me to expect? (how much gets charged to my account right now, and when does the rest get charged?) also, are there never any pre-order bonus cost-savings? and, I tried a couple different promo codes to save a bit, but none would work... is it just that coupons don't work for preorders?? help an ignorant fellow fan out, here!
    You have to pay the $40 right now. It's a down payment that's not refundable. You pay the balance of it when it arrives in the warehouse and a few days before it ships. Sideshow though will notify you in advance when it is scheduled to arrive. They usually send out a 30 day and 10 day notice.

If you don't need the exclusive I recommend buying it from a vendor and not direct.

thanks!
    so, never any pre-payment incentives?
    promo codes don't work on pre-orders either?
    and, why do you recommend non-direct?

Quote Originally Posted by dualban View Post
    not my cup of tea.

I see too much re-design and design borrowed from 300...
    As soon as I saw it similar thoughts popped into my head. I also thought he kinda looks like a Roman soldier because of the red cape.

The exclusive is the same cost as the regular, so if you have the money you might as well spring for the exclusive, especially since it has the most potential for increase in value.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Ordered mine today.

I found that you can only order one version which I'm guessing is the exclusive, the regular version will probably become available once the exclusive runs out. Anyone else find this?
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |