Thread: What other companies would you like to see make MOTU Toys?

What other companies would you like to see make MOTU Toys?

Hot Toys would obviously be amazing but I can't really afford those things. SH Figure Arts MOTU would be pretty awesome as would a NECA version. If I had to pick one I'd go with a Kotobukya version similar to their TMNT figures that have the crazy awesome articulation.

If you had to pick one, who would you go with?

Hot Toys if a movie will ever comes out, mattel needs to license MOTU for them without hesitation (see captain america and red skull masterpieces!) and will sell well

dont ever suggest S.h.Figuarts!!!! That would mean bankruptcy
    I like those figures, I'm prob gonna collect all 4 TMNT plus some Avengers stuff
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 12, 2016 at 05:17pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    -------------------THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE GALAXY ------------------------

SH Figures are cool but they're crazy expensive... why are they so pricey? I know they have great articulation but other figures seem to have great articulation at a lower price.

MOTUC are almost my perfect MOTU figures, so I wouldn't really be interested in a similar look with greater articulation. They'd need to be really stylised and different, I'd like a super detailed gritty look from Neca, maybe taking inspiration from some of the first comics. Or something like those new movie-like statues but in 6 inches would be awesome, as Mondo already has the 12-inch scale covered.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    McFarlane...He-Man vs. Spawn would be cool!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I really (and I mean REALLY) like the S.H. Figuarts figures I own, and totally love that they have very good poseability plus lots of really nice accessories (like swappable hands and heads/faces for still more added poseability—something sorely missed in MotUC). However, I'm not IN THE LEAST interested in starting over another 6"- or 7"-scale MotU collection (and that's not even considering that Figuarts are rather pricey, and that they probably wouldn't release anything beyond the A-list). So, unfortunately, I'd have to say NO to these. And no interest in similarly-scaled NECA figures either (for similar reasons, plus also considering NECA's propensity to leave collections unfinished at the drop of a hat, like they recently did with the Planet of the Apes line).

As for Hot Toys, or other similar crazily superexpensive figures, they're a predefined, complete, not-a-single-nanosecond-wasted-fencesitting, absolute pass for me; no matter how extremely cool, superdetailed, super-appealing whatever they might release might be, as their price point is WAY (and I mean, like galactic orders of magnitude) above anything I would even remotely consider buying (for anything less than a large vehicle or playset). Just reading an item is from "Hot Toys" makes me automatically stop reading any further. That is, total cold ZERO INTEREST. Now, if I ever won the Euromillions jackpot, I might reconsider my position in this respect. But since the probabilities of that ever happening are exceedingly minuscule... They might interest other people, of course (of the kind that is currently collecting the similarly superexpensive POP Culture Shock busts and statues).

Now, the upcoming Loyal Subjects minifigs... these MIGHT have interested me, were it not for: a) the middle-finger-like blind-bagging strategy (like... utter UGGHHH!! WTFS were these greedy people thinking?!), b) their too-priceyness (asking $14 for an 8-PoA minifigure, blind-bagged for online sale with no possibility to hand-feel the bags in order to avoid getting duplicates [and not even buying a whole $200+ case of 16 will ensure getting a full set, while ensuring you will get at least half a dozen duplicates!], when LEGO's 7-PoA minifigs with legendary QC sell for $3.99... I mean, seriously? these people gotta be kidding...), c) the rather odd (or should I say "off") design of the heads, d) the fact that, in addition to all of the previously-mentioned inconveniences and dealbreakers, these minifigs are also going to be REALLY hard to get for non-US residents (because of the added extortionate shipping costs plus extra-painful customs sting). So, unless some kind of miracle happens, these are quite likely going to be a definite PASS for me. Mattel please bring on more MotU Minis, please!

Then, what I'd TRULY be interested in would be, on the one hand, MotU LEGO. Which is never gonna happen, since Mattel now owns rival Megabloks. Oh, well... at least Megabloks realistic minifigs rock (although the overall quality of Megabloks still pales in comparison, even after great improvements since this brand's infamous beginnings).

And, on the other hand, 3¾"-scale MotU figures, which is the holy grail, unexplored scale for MotU (just like the 6"-scale was for Star Wars, before the advent of the Black Series). BUT only if made by Hasbro (because Mattel sucks utterly at this scale, and the results would be far worse than getting MotU Megabloks instead of MotU LEGO). Unfortunately, since they happen to be the greatest mutual rivals in this industry (and, moreover, the MotU brand originated in and belongs to Mattel, still being kind of a source of pride for them), this is never EVER (not even in anyone's wildest dreams) going to happen either (as neither would Hasbro ever even consider releasing licensed Barbie or Hot Wheels or Monster High items). Note I do not count the recently released Super7 "retro" figures in this scale, as these look like poor knock-offs to me (apart from having very limited poseability with just 5-PoA) and are nowhere near what I'd like to see (really cool packaging aside); so these are as good as non-existent, as far as I'm concerned.

So, basically, I'm not really looking forward to anything MotU-related to be released by non-Mattel-affiliated companies. Except for printed stuff (such as, say, a MotUverse Encyclopedia by Dark Horse, or a new stickers collection by Panini) and games (both videogames and board/card games—so much untapped potential for great MotU-related items in these fields).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; April 14, 2016 at 09:09am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'd love to see WETA do some Motu-stuff. Little statues of Snake Mountain or Grayskull or the Royal Palace just like they did with Rivendell or the Hobbit BlueRay CE-Figures Although these wouldn't really be toys but decorative.
    Want to rummage around in my collection?
    Instagram / Facebook

Hasbro? It won't ever happen but I'd love MotU in the style of GI Joe RAH. Barring that, Mattel... in the style of their Marvel Secret Wars from the 80's. Funko's mystery mini's would be cool too.

MotU in the style of GI Joe RAH
    This is a really cool concept. They would probably be reasonably affordable too.

As an adult, I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff currently available and the stuff already announced. The only thing missing are Lego which isn't happening.

As a parent, I want more stuff aimed at kids. There isn't much to choose from at the moment.
    PCS Filmation Collection:

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    As an adult, I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff currently available and the stuff already announced. The only thing missing are Lego which isn't happening.

As a parent, I want more stuff aimed at kids. There isn't much to choose from at the moment.

I echo all your words, that's how I also feel...