Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: DC Comics is still taking my money

  1. #1
    Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,281

    DC Comics is still taking my money

    I immediately unsubscribed to the He-Man and Masters of the Universe comic books once my first issue arrived crushed in the mail. Two more issues arrived on my doorstep, and I learned that I was given a second subscription instead of the first one being cancelled. I called and cancelled again, and three issues arrived on my doorstep! That was many months ago, and I just received a copy of #11 in my mail, again crushed and worthless. I called twice to cancel my subscription and demanded my payment information be removed. I was told it would be, and I called again, and was told the information isn't stored in the company's system and couldn't be removed? How do I make this stop?

  2. #2
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I immediately unsubscribed to the He-Man and Masters of the Universe comic books once my first issue arrived crushed in the mail. Two more issues arrived on my doorstep, and I learned that I was given a second subscription instead of the first one being cancelled. I called and cancelled again, and three issues arrived on my doorstep! That was many months ago, and I just received a copy of #11 in my mail, again crushed and worthless. I called twice to cancel my subscription and demanded my payment information be removed. I was told it would be, and I called again, and was told the information isn't stored in the company's system and couldn't be removed? How do I make this stop?
    Apparently wait one more month?

    I seriously hope mine ends with the next issue....I don't plan to renew, so I hope it doesn't do it automatically.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior worldwar_hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    144
    tell your bank what is happening, and fill out the paperwork to make a claim for un-authorized charges on your account. They should block any further attempts to charge your account. In the past my bank has refunded the money, and dealt with the vendor themselves from that point onward.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,362
    Can't you cancel any direct debits via your on-line banking?
    This is why I don't subscribe. Even though it's cheaper, when I have done it in the past the comics are posted in nothing but a polythene bag and end up all bent.

  5. #5
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    3,971
    I have never know such an unprofessional service ever!!!! They sent me issue 1, 2, 5 and yesterday issue 11. None of the other issues period. yet in six weeks DC managed to send me six reminders to renew my subscription. If they put as much effort in actually getting
    Me the comics I was owed as they did with the constant reminders to re-sub up I might have considered it. I highly recommend any international fans do not sign up to this sub, they felt is was optional to give me theComics . But when it came time to ask for
    Money again, they had no problem finding my address.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior worldwar_hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    144
    Yeah that's pretty sad. When I subscribed with marvel, I had a similar problem with issues arriving damaged. They have a policy of being able to replace like 2 or 3 within a year. But far more than that arrive damaged. So what's the point. Why waste the time or money.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149
    Go to digital comics through comixology. All DC books hit digital Day / Date. I have shifted over 100% to digital comics and i could not be happier.

  8. #8
    Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialmyrth View Post
    Go to digital comics through comixology. All DC books hit digital Day / Date. I have shifted over 100% to digital comics and i could not be happier.
    I'm staying away from this service:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51291
    "ComiXology Urges Users to Change Passwords in Wake of Server Hack"

  9. #9
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,416
    I have loved comics since around 1979. I've been going to comic shops almost as long. In the mid-80s, I thought a mail subscription would be cool to my favorite book (Punisher, at the time) as well as weekly shop trips.

    Those books got to me absolutely destroyed, just as AdultCollector has described. I could not cancel fast enough. I was a big bag-and-boarder!

    30 years later and comics STILL cannot be delivered by the postal service. And I LOVE the postal service, they are great for everything else. But comics should never be sent through the mail without a sturdy box.

    I know this doesn't help you and I know not everyone can get to a comic shop. I just post this because I WISH everyone could get to a comic shop.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I'm staying away from this service:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51291
    "ComiXology Urges Users to Change Passwords in Wake of Server Hack"
    The sad truth is that most major commerce agencies have been hacked at one time or another. You would not be able to do any online transactions if you use the "they got hacked" logic to determine who you buy from online. Take it from someone working in system security, all systems can and will get hacked to one degree or another. The safest way to do e-commerce business is to have a dedicated e-commerce credit card (not bank card) and just use that and give out a little info as possible. I have been using comixology for a while now and they are as secure as any other site onthe internet. Remember Google, Apple, and Target have all been hacked as well.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,362
    I just can't get into digital comics. I love flicking through the pages, the smell of the ink and paper in certain comics and having them on display in my collection. Same with movies. If I really like a movie or TV show I like having them on display on my shelves ornamentally as much as to actually watch/read. To me it would be like just looking at pictures of action figures on-line but never buying any, just saving the pics to my comp.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    378
    I cancelled my subscription after issue 3. At that point I had #1 show up fine, #2 didn't show up at all, and #3 showed up destroyed. I managed to get my full refund but it took about 8 months--the first time the check never got cut, the 2nd time they cut a check for the wrong amount, and finally they sent a check for a full refund. It was a huge pain. Not a fan of how they handled the subscription.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I have loved comics since around 1979. I've been going to comic shops almost as long. In the mid-80s, I thought a mail subscription would be cool to my favorite book (Punisher, at the time) as well as weekly shop trips.

    Those books got to me absolutely destroyed, just as AdultCollector has described. I could not cancel fast enough. I was a big bag-and-boarder!

    30 years later and comics STILL cannot be delivered by the postal service. And I LOVE the postal service, they are great for everything else. But comics should never be sent through the mail without a sturdy box.

    I know this doesn't help you and I know not everyone can get to a comic shop. I just post this because I WISH everyone could get to a comic shop.
    I will say as a kid back in the late 80s I subscribed to 3 Marvel titles for a year (they had a subscription special) and those always showed up fine. I may have just been lucky then.
    Classics won't feel complete unless ALL vintage MOTU POP & NA are included
    TOP 35 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove
    FILMATION: DreeElle/Imp/Montork/Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque
    MISC:Lodar/Veena/Miro/Delora/Hawke/OOLarr/Prahvus/Dare/EvilSeed

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior KelvAcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nomad land, USA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I have loved comics since around 1979. I've been going to comic shops almost as long. In the mid-80s, I thought a mail subscription would be cool to my favorite book (Punisher, at the time) as well as weekly shop trips.

    Those books got to me absolutely destroyed, just as AdultCollector has described. I could not cancel fast enough. I was a big bag-and-boarder!

    30 years later and comics STILL cannot be delivered by the postal service. And I LOVE the postal service, they are great for everything else. But comics should never be sent through the mail without a sturdy box.

    I know this doesn't help you and I know not everyone can get to a comic shop. I just post this because I WISH everyone could get to a comic shop.
    I love going into my local comic shop just to window shop, here each comic cost about $4.5 with taxes, I like to wait until they have about 5 or 6 titles released and then I get them on eBay for $3 avg.
    FS MOTU Vintage figures in Zoloworld cases and mini comics:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oloworld-cases

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    791
    I never ever ever ever get comics through the mail any more. The best thing to do is get a subscription through a comic shop. Most shops will do this now. A lot will give you a discount and hold the comics away from the public. When you have the time, you can go pick them up. I've gone months without picking up my comics and they'll all be waiting for me when I get them.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I never ever ever ever get comics through the mail any more. The best thing to do is get a subscription through a comic shop. Most shops will do this now. A lot will give you a discount and hold the comics away from the public. When you have the time, you can go pick them up. I've gone months without picking up my comics and they'll all be waiting for me when I get them.
    Some larger comic shops like Mile High comics in Colorado ship to anywhere in the country and have a nice online pull list form which makes it easy to order from multiple comic publishers with one shipment. They make sure to package comic shipments correctly as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •