Thread: Rumor : She-Ra Movie Planned (false)

Rumor : She-Ra Movie Planned (false)

I saw this on Facebook (credit to Adam), but can't find the original interview on Deadline.

Looks like, we are going to get a full blow He-Man cinematic universe on the big screen in a just couple of Years. Recently in one of the interviews with Deadline, the G.I Joe director, who was/is also involved script-writing process for the He-Man movie, on being asked if we will be getting She-Ra movie as well, he said –

“Yes, it’s happening. I am currently in a very initial phase of script writing process, and if everything goes as we planned, then we will also see a He-Man & She-Ra cross-over movie by 2021-22.”

This is excellent news for the He-Man fans and the next inevitable question that targetted at him was – “Who is going to play She-Ra” and he answered confidently –

“We are looking at few caucasian actresses as well women of color to play She-Ra, and we have started to approach few actresses just to get a confirmation on Dates because we are planning to film She-Ra and He-Man simultaneously, their release dates won’t be far apart.”

Here are few of the actresses who have been approached for the role of She-Ra but haven’t confirmed anything about it. :-
    http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/7-actres...ning-john-chu/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It's fake. With He-Man movie stuck in development hell as well as that no actors have been reported to be in consideration for the role, there's just no way they're planning a She-Ra movie. Plus, after the Jem fiasco, who in their right mind would give John M. Chu another franchise to handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    It's fake. With He-Man movie stuck in development hell as well as that no actors have been reported to be in consideration for the role, there's just no way they're planning a She-Ra movie.
    Agreed. This is a fake article. The line at the end "Here are few of the actresses who have been approached for the role of She-Ra but haven’t confirmed anything about it" is the giveaway.

There's zero info or quotes that validate that any of those actresses have been approached, and the poorly done wink to it being a fake is the "haven’t confirmed anything about it."

There's been no confirmed talk of producers pitching the MOTU film to principle actors. So they certainly are not going to approach actors about being She-Ra in a possible spin-off when there's absolutely no development on such a film, let alone a MOTU movie coming before it.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Court Magician
    It's probably fake...we don't have release date of He-Man movie, let alone She-Ra. But I wouldn't mine if this is real

I really cannot see any scenario where She-Ra would get a movie before He-Man. Also, Jon Chu hasn't had anything to do with MOTU for nigh on three years. And Deadline wouldn't ask about He-Man. The person who wrote this article clearly didn't do their homework.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 23, 2016 at 12:49pm.

My approach to this kind of article or information is to be suspicious but not outright dismissive of the author until it is 100% proven to be fake. (Unless the person has a history of trolling, that is.) Even though on the surface some of this article is screaming "fake", over the years I've learned that anything is possible. I mean, there's a high probability that none of this is true. However, with the number of rewrites the script for MOTU has gone through, and writers/directors/producers that have come and gone, it's not that inconceivable to me that Jon Chu might have been brought back into the loop, for example. And yeah, Jem flopped...but a lot of directors have flops under their belts and still get called on to be involved in big-budgeted projects.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I looked all over Deadline and it is not there. I visit that site a ton normally as well.

I wouldn't say the article is fake, it is just based on very old news that is no longer relevant.

John Chu was involved in the He-Man movie in the past but dropped out of the project some time in 2013. From the articles I read he even had a script and an overall plan for multiple movies. It is very likely a She-Ra movie was part of John Chu's plans. This article is not fake because those plans were real. The issue is those plans have been long dead as John Chu is no longer involved with the project in anymore.

This is one of those "Could have been..." things that never panned out. Someone could easily make a 2 or 3 hour documentary out of all the failed plans and aborted scripts that have vanished during He-Man's 15 year long development hell. There have been 5 different different directors, a dozen rewrites by a dozen different screenwriters. Different studios come and go. It has been a wild ride and most of this story has never been told. Articles like the one above are just a glimpse into that world we have never seen but certainly exists.

An article from 2012 on John Chu's plans for MOTU http://collider.com/jon-chu-masters-...niverse-movie/

If it's on the internet...Its true!!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    It seems everyone wants She-Ra to be part of a MOTU trilogy, but I've heard she is a separate property, unlikely to have any part in it. Is that right?