Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Hybrid View

Co-Creator of the NV

Dream Cast for MOTU

We've covered it on and off in the main movie thread, but that thread is far too big and unwieldy at this point, which is presumably why this forum was made.

For my casting tastes... right now the only one I am sure of is that I want Nathan Jones as Beastman. He's absolutely huge and would look great in the role.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Nathan Jones, the former WWE wrestler?

AS for the topic, I'd have to think about it a bit. I'd kind of like to see lesser knowns in it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Version 1 View Post
    Nathan Jones, the former WWE wrestler?

AS for the topic, I'd have to think about it a bit. I'd kind of like to see lesser knowns in it.
    Yeah. He also played Boagrius at the beginning of Troy. He's like 6'10.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Yeah I just wanted to make sure it was the guy I thought it was. He'd be awesome in the roll I think.

I think they're best off going the Superman route and getting an unknown to play He-Man. Actually, I really wouldn't mind the entire cast being unknowns, except for maybe a big name here and there to play minor characters that are still fairly important, like Randor or the Sorceress. For me, the characters are bigger than any actor who could play them, so I wouldn't want a well-known actor's personality interfering with the character they're supposed to be playing.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    I would really like to have Matthew Mcconaughy as He-Man. He's got the look of He-Man and has been working out a lot. They could give him more training to get to the size of the 300 guys and viola!

For Teela, I think that Katharine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps 1-3 and other stuff) would be perfect.

The Tom Selleck joke of him playing Man-at-Arms would actually work. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the role.

Can't think of what others i'd like. Will ponder and and edit post when my brain works again.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroflex View Post
    I think they're best off going the Superman route and getting an unknown to play He-Man. Actually, I really wouldn't mind the entire cast being unknowns, except for maybe a big name here and there to play minor characters that are still fairly important, like Randor or the Sorceress. For me, the characters are bigger than any actor who could play them, so I wouldn't want a well-known actor's personality interfering with the character they're supposed to be playing.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by King Miro View Post
    Agreed also, as long as they don't go the SvsB route - those casting choices are mind boggling.

The only known actor that comes to mind for He-Man is Kellan Lutz...but I don't think he can act.

I don't have a dream cast. I just want people casted who can do the roles right. And have very few real celebs in roles in the film. And no Angelina Jolie. I'm sick of her.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Luke and Leia were 18 years old in A New Hope.

On second thought, and based on what Pig Boy said, Hugo Weaving might be too expensive to have as a secondary villain like Tri-Klops. I still think that he'd fit the role perfectly, but he might be too pricey.

I can't imagine Jonathan Frakes being that expensive though, considering how many ensemble TV show casts he's been a part of. So, I'm sticking with him as my King Randor choice.

If the Rock has lost a lot of muscle mass, then he might not be able to pull off He-Man. If so, that Aquaman dude from Smallville certainly looks the role, and isn't a big enough name actor to cost a huge load of cash.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

We have done a lot these threads over the years already ya see so we''ve covered the fun aspect plenty of times.
    I just think we need to refine and give the movie makers really strong ideas.

Look at how X-men was casted. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry or Kelsey Grammer wouldn't have been choosen had it not been for fans?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    We have done a lot these threads over the years already ya see so we''ve covered the fun aspect plenty of times.
    I just think we need to refine and give the movie makers really strong ideas.

Look at how X-men was casted. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry or Kelsey Grammer wouldn't have been choosen had it not been for fans?!
    I think that as time goes on and the forum gets new members, the fun aspect comes back.

I can't speak for Berry and Grammer, but I think that the chances of Stewart being cast were excellent with or without fan responses.

The way I see it, this thread is to come up with our dream casts and the people we think are best for the roles, regardless of budgetary constraints. At the same time, if we want, we can post a few more "realistic" casts, although that might be better suited for a different thread.

Heroic Warrior

My ideal cast for the movie and possible sequels.

He-Man/Adam: Paul Betthany.
    Skeletor: Hugo Weaving or John Glover.
    BeastMan: Tyler Mane.
    Man-At-Arms: Nick Nolte or Gary Busey.
    Teela: Jessica Biel.
    Stratos: Viggo Morgenstein or Ewan Mcgregor.
    Adora/She-Ra: Playboy playmate Sarah Underwood or Scarlett Johanson.
    TrapJaw: Bruce Campbell.
    Evil-Lyn: Kate Beckinsale.
    Voice of Orko: Tom "Spongebob" Kenny.
    Sorceress: Sharon Stone or Michelle Pfeifer.
    Hordak: Frank Langella (The guy who played Skeletor in the original He-Man movie).
    Voice of SwiftWind: Liam Neeson.
    Man-E-Faces: Michael Ironside ("Scanners", "Total Recall").
    Voice of Broom: Steve Carrell.
    Bow: Jess Franco.
    Scopria: Selma Hayak.
    Catra: Kelly Hu.
    Manteana: Doug Jones.
    Frosta: Natasha Heinstrech ("Species").
    Glimmer: Elizabeth Berkley or Michelle Trachenberg.
    Voice of Kowl: David Hyde Pierce.
    Voice of Horde-Prime: James Earl Jones.

What do you think of my ideal choices? sexy choices on the gals don't you think?

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: Princessss Adora. How good to speak with you again, Princess Adora. How I dream of the day of cleansing Eternia of the cancer which is your family.

Adora: Skeletor. Still absoring people to make minaturized duplicates of yourself, I see.

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: Oh yes. It's quite fun to make everyone just like me. Do you like what I did to the weather around here?

Adora: ....

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: In any event, Princessss Adora, I've seen the future through my viewing globe. I saw it when I absorbed the Sorceress, and made her one of me. You're going to die here, Princess Adora. The rest of me is simply going to watch the show!

Keanu Reeves He-Man: Whoa...
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Widget
    I would love to see Adora/She-ra included in the new He-man movie. It would be incomplete without She-ra. And it would draw girls in to watch the movie. And would be a good way to bring back She-ra.
    Amy Jo Johnson from the power rangers would make a great candidate for the part of She-ra/Adora. She's athletic, can ride horses, and has experience with fantasy. She would be perfect for the part.
    Maybe they can do a live action movie version of the Secret of the Sword!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sean Bean as MAA.

He ruled in Troy and LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    If she seems motherly in apperance, then she should act that way, shouldn't she?

What's the point of making the Sorceress look motherly if she's not going to have a Filmation-esque personality?

An older-looking lady who isn't very nice = not appealing to fans.

With the Sorceress, either go MYP (young looking, but more cold), or go Filmation (older looking, but warm and motherly), not with older, but cold... ugh...
    Make it a mix. Filmation's look with MYP's power. Make her kind, but distant. Like she can see through to your very soul.

I think she should be like Galadriel in LOTR. Beautiful, but not hot (That's Teela), but a timeless, classic beauty. The Sorceress is immortal--doesn't age. Stuck in her prime forever.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 19, 2007 at 03:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The current Mr. Olympia would make a good He-Man for the movie.

Meet the current Mr. O here:

http://jaycutler.com/
    THE HUNTER OF MOTU

Granted, he does look the part. But the question is can he act? It's all well and good having muscles the size of a small country, but it's worth diddly if he has all the acting ability of a chocolate wrapper.
    - This signature has been confiscated by a disgruntled badger.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    He's 5'9''
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    He-Man doesn't need a talented actor. He's a completely one-dimensional character. All he needs to do is be gigantic, muscular and act heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    He-Man doesn't need a talented actor. He's a completely one-dimensional character. All he needs to do is be gigantic, muscular and act heroic.
    Many people had a problem with exactly that in the 87 movie.

...I much prefer He-Man to have acting skills and be more emotional this time around.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    All of which would not an entertaining film make.

I'm not be funny or trying to be confrontatinal, Darth Latveria, but reading this and some of your other posts and threads I am curious about what exactly you like about Masters of the Universe. From what posts and threads I have read you don't appear to be keen on a several things to do with it.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I do find it odd.)
    Long story short, I think that it's a really good concept overall that in my opinion was generally done badly (outside of MYP).

As for the thing about He-Man and the acting requirements, i don't think that every character on the planet needs to have depth and complexity. Some characters are meant to be very simple and one dimensional, which is actually a very good thing because they exist in contrast to the complex and deep characters. I don't see He-Man's simplicity as a bad thing at all, because I don't feel that all characters need depth. Sometimes you can just have someone be good and heroic for the sake of being good and heroic.

Edit:

I never actually voiced what I thought about this guy as He-Man. He looks great and has a wonderful build for it, but at 5'9" he's too short, although that can be dealt with similarly to how they made Gimli look short in LOTR.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; December 1, 2007 at 08:14pm.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnotis View Post
    He's 5'9''
    . . . and he weighs between 274 and 310 pounds. His physique is absurd.

Heroic Warrior BattleCatsMyDaddy's Avatar
    I for one think that he looks great for He-Man..... granted that a talented young actor plays Adam. He-Man the huge, buff powerhouse guardian of Grayskull, actually doesn't have to be in the movie too long, especially if its an origin story of sorts as we have been led to believe by Mr. Marks (in the toyfair interview, unless i read that wrong). This means that essentially a decent acting coach and a good stuntman/fight coordinator are all Mr. Olympia needs to fulfill the requirements of He-Man for this (presumably) first movie. In the case that it becomes a trilogy then he would have a couple years between films (or at least a year between filming) in order to hone his acting. Its really not that big a deal. If the director is patient enough and the guy's really trying, then he'll give enough good takes to come off looking like Sean Connery or Russel Crowe when the film debuts. at least we can pray......